Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Wisps WAY too hard to acquire

(XBOX)NoTownGhost

Before anyone replies: Yes I've checked the farming routes. Yes I've done the whole fly around next to water with huge loot radar, yes I have a general idea of where they spawn (right along shore lines) and yes, I've tried both solo and group, day and night... And despite all this, I've acquired 3, yes a total of 3 cetus wisps in the last 2 months. One I got from a bounty and 2 as incidental pickups while eidolon hunting. All I'm saying here is that if DE really wants people to delve into operator mode and start using amps, they're going to have to soften the grind significantly. 

• Like 1

They already softened not only the grind by making them purchasable for Quill standing but also lowered the requirement of them significantly by lowering the amount of wisps needed to build the amp parts. That used to be around 100 wisps for one full amp if I remember correctly. Certainly a ton more than you need now.

Other than that:

vor 23 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Quantaminum:

You're doing it wrong.

You usually get 2 to 5 wisps per run when done somewhat properly.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

41 minutes ago, (XB1)NoTownGhost said:

Before anyone replies: Yes I've checked the farming routes. Yes I've done the whole fly around next to water with huge loot radar, yes I have a general idea of where they spawn (right along shore lines) and yes, I've tried both solo and group, day and night... And despite all this, I've acquired 3, yes a total of 3 cetus wisps in the last 2 months. One I got from a bounty and 2 as incidental pickups while eidolon hunting. All I'm saying here is that if DE really wants people to delve into operator mode and start using amps, they're going to have to soften the grind significantly. 

3? In 2 months? Something is wrong, you are doing something wrong. Farming wisps can be monotonous but its easy.

cetus_wisp_spawning_map.jpg

Use this map, green spots are wisp spawn locations.

More wisps spawn at night. Use Smeeta kavat for 2x resource buff and actual resource booster for 4 cetus wisps per 1 wisp found.

There is no way that no wisps spawn on the map so if you just fly around the spots on your archwing or run around with volt or gauss you will surely find a lot of them.

Efficiency is the key. If you planned getting them just by running around randomly you will never gain enough to build anything.

• Like 1

you need to be max rank with quills to buy wisps, which means to need to hunt lots of eidolons to buy wisps, which means you need a good amp to buy wisps, which means you need wisps to buy wisps. also, farming them by running around picking them up is the slowest way to get them that i've found. you get them much quicker by not even trying, and doing bounties instead.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Podge said:

also, farming them by running around picking them up is the slowest way to get them that i've found.

Yeah, flying is much faster.

1~4 wisps every 3min (or every 60~80sec if you play on PC, bc loading screens), double that if you got a booster.

You can literally get all the wisps you could ever need (127) in a about 2 or 3 PoE nights, without a booster.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

Thanks for nothing but let me repeat since you folks obviously did not read my post: I've followed the maps. Day and night. Either my PoE is constantly bugged or those maps are WRONG. There is never a whisp where those maps claim there should be. Ever. During a bounty, not during a bounty. Pub group or solo. 

Never. So either  you folks are out of date, full of S#&$, or there is something screwed up on DE's end that prevents them from spawning...

Either way, I know how to farm and I've followed the maps, whatever it is, isn't my fault. And none of this changes the fact that none of this monotonous, boring, open world wandering should be required for something DE is seemingly trying to popularize. It's counter-intuitive.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, (XB1)NoTownGhost said:

Thanks for nothing but let me repeat since you folks obviously did not read my post: I've followed the maps. Day and night. Either my PoE is constantly bugged or those maps are WRONG. There is never a whisp where those maps claim there should be. Ever. During a bounty, not during a bounty. Pub group or solo. 

Never. So either  you folks are out of date, full of S#&$, or there is something screwed up on DE's end that prevents them from spawning...

Either way, I know how to farm and I've followed the maps, whatever it is, isn't my fault. And none of this changes the fact that none of this monotonous, boring, open world wandering should be required for something DE is seemingly trying to popularize. It's counter-intuitive.

Then why did you make the post. So you could be belligerent with people giving you advice? Whatever you are doing, you are doing something wrong. People are trying to figure out what that is for you but based on your attitude it's obviously a waste of time.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, (XB1)NoTownGhost said:

You say it isn't your fault but I'm going to rightly guarantee it is. I used these very maps (with a personal plotted route) to help a friend farm up wisps to improve their amp less than a week ago.It is almost a guaranteed 2-4 wisp spawn in every time you load the plains of eidolon with a (seemingly) higher rate of them at night.

Also I never recommend the flight method of farming. A High str/high sprint khora finds them super easily thanks to double animal instincts. Feel free to message me via console and I'll gladly help out trying to get a few for you.

As a final note those mfers are TINY so its pretty easy to overlook them if you haven't developed an eye for it.

• Like 1

Does it feel good that the method of obtaining these is load in, fly the same route, leave, start over.. for like 30 min? To build one amp part? Sure, there's a lot of folks happily dunking on OP for not doing this, but is this a method that's even worth defending? =/

Wisp farming is not even remotely what I'd call good design. A better design would have us finding them organically for spending time out on the plains... however, their scarcity makes it that we have to use these boring and tedious methods. They're not worth doing, "right," folks. With that in mind, I agree with OP. Wisp farms are crap.

• Like 4

On 2020-04-17 at 6:44 PM, kapn655321 said:

Does it feel good that the method of obtaining these is load in, fly the same route, leave, start over.. for like 30 min? To build one amp part? Sure, there's a lot of folks happily dunking on OP for not doing this, but is this a method that's even worth defending? =/

Wisp farming is not even remotely what I'd call good design. A better design would have us finding them organically for spending time out on the plains... however, their scarcity makes it that we have to use these boring and tedious methods. They're not worth doing, "right," folks. With that in mind, I agree with OP. Wisp farms are crap.

it might be the most efficient, fastest, in every way best way to do it, but it's a monotonous boring hell. hence why i said to do bounties. a level 5 bounty has 4 seperate chances to give you 2 wisps at a time, so with a bit of luck you can get 8 per, which may be slower than the 2-4 every 3 minutes that someone up there said, but at least it's fun. you're doing something more than repeating the same actions, over and over again, dozens of times for an hour, then coming back to do it all over again.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-17 at 2:53 PM, SpicyDinosaur said:

Whatever you are doing, you are doing something wrong. People are trying to figure out what that is for you but based on your attitude it's obviously a waste of time.

No, they're just telling me I'm doing something wrong. Let me describe a typical PoE run for wisps: pick a frame, doesn't usually matter which. Drop in Loot Radar, Thief's Wit and Animal Instinct on my Kavat. Drop into the plains, I try to go at night but sometimes life and timing doesn't let me. Pull up a "farming map" by one of a half dozen other tenno (they're available online) and follow their path, usually on foot because I have no loot mods for my archwings, though sometimes I go Titania for giggles.. Check out absolutely every piece of loot on my map that's close enough to water to be a wisp. Find 0. Get frustrated. Seek out every body of water in the map and walk the perimeter, again, checking every item that shows on my radar. Still 0 wisps. Lather rinse repeat until I'm damned good and tired of dagryns or vomvalysts harassing me, Sprint back to Cetus. 0 wisps found.

I've done this probably 50 times since writing this post...and I'm now up to 11 wisps, all of them bounty rewards or accidental finds during teralyst hunts, making me wonder if the teralyst drops them or something...but either way, wandering PoE to farm them IS NOT WORKING. If it's working for others, awesome. Good for you, but let's not assume I'm somehow doing something wrong when I'm following advice and directions perfectly. Perhaps something is broken that only affects me, I don't know, but it seems unlikely.

And as others have said as well, even if it did work as intended...it's horrible design. Almost as bad as somachord fragments in Orb Valis...except wisps are actually gameplay related.

Edited by (XB1)NoTownGhost
Typos.

On 2020-04-17 at 3:53 AM, Podge said:

you need to be max rank with quills to buy wisps, which means to need to hunt lots of eidolons to buy wisps, which means you need a good amp to buy wisps, which means you need wisps to buy wisps. also, farming them by running around picking them up is the slowest way to get them that i've found. you get them much quicker by not even trying, and doing bounties instead.

You don't really need "a good amp" to max your standing with the Quills. The basic (111 was it?) amp is plenty good enough for farming Teralysts, which is all you really need for progression. I maxed out my Quills standing fighting Eidolons pretty soon after finishing The War Within. I could usually get about 4 per night, with plenty of Sentient Cores from random Vomvalysts. And yes, it does take a certain amount of Wisps to build your first Amp, but the low-cost parts don't really take that many. There IS some amount of treasure-hunting them up-front, though.

WITH THAT SAID

#*!% Cetus Wisps and every system like them. #*!% Toroids, while we're at it, too. I absolutely hate this system, and it's pretty clear it was put into the game just to exasperate the grind. There's nothing compelling about roaming the map looking for random pick-up. If Cetus Wisps were removed from the game entirely tomorrow, then nothing of value would have been lost. If we could also then remove Sola, Calda and Vega toroids while we're at it, then all the better. Warframe is already a grindy game, but these things just cross the line into wasting my god damn time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nerfinator6 said:

Just went and checked, flew around all the major areas, got 2 in 2 minutes. Maybe it IS bugged for you, but I can still find them.

Consider what the grind for those is.. you need to fly in circles for ~20 straight minutes (+ load time) to make a Klebrik. ...Look up a map, play in windowed, with a set build just for flying in circles best. ...something ain't right there.

If you got that many while casually chilling out there, that's fine.. but they don't respawn.. those have to be different instances. Even if you run 1 lap every day, you're still going to have to wait 10 days or so, and each day be arbitrarily doing a lap. ...for a Klebrik. 1/3rd of an amp with a weak part. =/

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 2

On 2020-04-28 at 7:03 AM, Steel_Rook said:

You don't really need "a good amp" to max your standing with the Quills. The basic (111 was it?) amp is plenty good enough for farming Teralysts, which is all you really need for progression. I maxed out my Quills standing fighting Eidolons pretty soon after finishing The War Within. I could usually get about 4 per night, with plenty of Sentient Cores from random Vomvalysts. And yes, it does take a certain amount of Wisps to build your first Amp, but the low-cost parts don't really take that many. There IS some amount of treasure-hunting them up-front, though.

WITH THAT SAID

#*!% Cetus Wisps and every system like them. #*!% Toroids, while we're at it, too. I absolutely hate this system, and it's pretty clear it was put into the game just to exasperate the grind. There's nothing compelling about roaming the map looking for random pick-up. If Cetus Wisps were removed from the game entirely tomorrow, then nothing of value would have been lost. If we could also then remove Sola, Calda and Vega toroids while we're at it, then all the better. Warframe is already a grindy game, but these things just cross the line into wasting my god damn time.

by "a good amp" i meant literally anything but the mote amp. it's utter garbage. even the first one you can craft is 1000% better. also i find toroids to be slightly less awful, because you can at least get those by killing stuff.

3 minutes ago, Podge said:

by "a good amp" i meant literally anything but the mote amp. it's utter garbage. even the first one you can craft is 1000% better. also i find toroids to be slightly less awful, because you can at least get those by killing stuff.

And I would agree... If the stuff I'm supposed to be killing for Toroids wouldn't just stop spawning entirely, leaving me with four stars of Alert and absolutely nothing to shoot at. How is Warframe STILL having spawning/pathing issues after this many years?