Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Ability Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Passive - All crates within 20m are broken open. Enemies within 20m find their consoles broken.

1 - Confuse. A targeted enemy becomes 'broken' (fey) and wanders around lost for a time. This has a viral quality where other enemies that come into contact with this one are affected.

2 - Break. Sends out a radial wave of energy that halves the main defensive ability of the enemy (armor for Grineer, shields for Corpus, adaptation for sentients, etc.). A 'break' pool is maintained for a period of time based on how much damage is done.

3 - Mend. Drains the 'break' pool to reinforce allies, whose shields and or armor are enhanced (including overshields and 'overarmor'). Casting Mend also makes the damage from Break permanent.

4 - Shatter. Radial blast that deals half of total health damage to both Broken Warframe and all enemies in range.

Hello, this is my first post and I wanted to write something related to the fact that it is a Warframe composed from other warframes, like, give it abilities that are very different from each other from 1 to 3 and a 4th ability that will complement each ability, sort of like Gauss, let me explain

The first 3 starting warframes we currently have are Volt, Mag and Excalibur, so I found it fitting that this Warframe will have the 1st, 2nd and 3rd abilities that would be similar, in essence, to these frames

Also I like the idea that this warframe participated in the Old War, "The Orokin were trying find new soldiers that could fight against the sentients in the Old War, and in their desperation they used parts from deceased Warframes and brought them to life by the power of the void.

1 to 3 could be the following, in no exact order

1 - Memory - Broken Frame ability that uses void powers to imbue with a status effect that's chosen by the energy color (Like chroma) status to a melee weapon, each time he uses this ability the tendrils shine. (if the 4th is active it will instead bring a combined status to a weapon, for example if the color is green, it will bring toxic, but if the 4th is active, it will bring corrosive or viral, depending on the combinations of the colors)

2 - Ingenuity - Broken Frame ability that is able to strip an enemy from their armors or shields, it scales with %, tendrils glow when used, when 4th is active the power is doubled.

3 - Warrior - Broken Frame ability that increases a melee weapon's damage by x2, or a ranged weapon by x1.5, if 4th is active it will instead increase melee damage by x2.3 or melee by x2.0, tendrils glow when used

4 - Old Powers - Broken Frame uses the powers of old to manifest a greater version of the first to third abilities, channeling ability or metered ability, like Baruuk's meter, but the meter in this case is filled when the frame fights and kills not necessarily with his abilities like Nidus, but with his weapons of choice used in the old war (at a faster rate) or regular weapons (At a normal - slower rate), when it runs out a void blast is released and knocks down nearby enemies. (And this might be a little broken, but resets adaptation from nearby sentients as well) (Also when it runs out tendrils stretch and return to normal)

Passive: Void Tendrils: Whenever the tendrils glow the Broken Frame gains resistance to Tau energy

When 4 is active tendrils keep glowing until meter runs out. 

Thank you and have a nice day.

Forgive my weird punctuation and word choice, I'm using my phone's voice to text until I can actually get to my computer and better flush out these ideas but for now I'm just getting all my ideas down and hopefully it helps other people come up with their ideas also. I really enjoyed the idea that this current version is based on the concept of being broken. It's really fun to consider what is a broken Warframe? Warframe zarr machines built out of biomass to fight the sentience and otherwise be soldiers for the Oregon. So conceptually maybe broken means that they I have lost their independence and maybe they're more like the stalker? Maybe it means their organs never blossomed into sword Steel and instead turned into something else, I really like the idea of a broken Warframe having a lot of broken bones and disgusting biomass is like viruses and cancer. The problem with that is that that's just nidus. There does seem to be some evidence that the warframes are meant to channel void energy into being able to manipulate sentient cognition. I really enjoy the idea of a broken Warframe not being able to focus those void energies into anything useful and instead having them constantly shoot Dragon Ball Z style fire balls or vegeta's big bang explosion, has kind of an unfocused, raw void energy. Maybe this particular Warframe could have some connection to the deviry paradox? But I don't know enough about that to use that to influence my ideas for abilities oh, maybe the devs could and a little spice there for me. Maybe broken means that it's too robotic to similar to the original concept of the sentience? Something like a corpus Moa? Or maybe an entirely different machine more like a Mech? Perhaps I need to look more closely at the concept art and let that influence my thoughts and decisions. Upon further studying in this case broken seems more like underdeveloped. What is a Warframe fetus look like what do they grow from those lotus pods? I really like the idea of biomass / robotic seeds, mixed with concepts of fetus development. It's really hard not to mix ideas for more frames that already exist like nidus inaros Umbra, but maybe we should push it in that direction? Maybe all of its abilities change every time you load into a mission, and it just chooses randomly based on all the abilities of the other warframes so you can have one warframe's wand and another one's too and that even if they're two different ones three and a random Bolt from one of them? I think that would be fun but I don't know how useful that would be, maybe only three of the abilities are randomized and the one ability just reshuffles them all? After reading some of the other comments that really seems like a lot of people want this ability to be able to disassemble itself or Fall to Pieces, I like those ideas I just don't know how to make them different functionally from the hydroid puddle, or Grendel's meatball? There's a fighting game called Skullgirls and a cat character named against Fortune who can fall to pieces, she can control her head separately from her body I think that seems like it would be really fun and Warframe, the game where the helmets don't load in sometimes and your character runs around as a body without a head. I like the idea of having another Warframe similar to wukong clone or ambra being able to control itself, so maybe the body can control itself but the head can detach and Propel Itself by spraying blood and disease all over enemies coating them and dealing crazy damage from many different Elemental types because it doesn't know what it's supposed to be, it's broken. I think that's the direction I'm going to push this in I really like the idea of being able to throw your head around can control it completely separately from your body. I've been really disappointed in warframes lack of body types other than humanoid skeleton, there's no Centaur frames, there's no duck frames, there's no Bestival frames, but at least we can have a frame that detaches its head! Alas poor Yorick we barely knew thee. Going to go eat some breakfast and I'll come back and flesh out this idea a little bit later, when I can be at a real keyboard! Thank you Warframe for allowing us as the community to help you build a Warframe, this is going to be a lot of fun!

This warframe is broken so shouldn't be able to do everything a standard frame can do, but should be able to be enhanced by skilled operators. I see it more as a beneficial defense frame capable of buffing allies and operators albeit with some maintenance. Would also be a fun frame for those who like to play as operator. 

Negatives:
>Cannot equip a full kit. Only 2/3 weapons.
>Cannot gain energy from any source except Operator dash/amp firing into it, but any operator on the squad can do so.
>X% chance for interference kicking the player out to operator on ability cast.
>No 2, this warframe is broken.

Passive: "Reconstitute" When operator is outside the Warframe, it can still follow but cannot fight. It slowly regains health while following. 

1. Salvage: Duration effect on Weapons that stacks armor and max health on hit. Bonuses retained when switching to operator.

3. Power Leak: The warframe leaks energy and power for X duration. The leaked power greatly enhances the damage of and feeds energy to allied warframes and operators nearby.

4. Catastrophic Failure: The warframe channels for a few seconds then fires a beam that locks onto the operator (forces you to operator immediately after casting but before firing). The operator must enter void briefly. Once done, the operator becomes shielded by the energy as it envelops them enhancing amp damage and shielding them from some % damage.

Support frame abilities

Passive - Dangerous emissions 

The warframe will periodically apply radiation effect to nearby enemies.

Bonus - energy restored when successfully hacking

Ability 1 - Repair protocol

Tendrils reach out dealing damage and reducing enemy armour by x% while increasing the warframe and their allies armour by the same amount.

Ability 2 - Firewall

Creates a large passable and transparent wall. 

Enemies who pass through the wall take damage and are stunned.

Allies who pass through the wall have any negative status effects removed and have energy restored.

The ability can be reactivated to launch the wall forward in the direction the warframe is facing.

Ability 3 - Dislodged accelerators

When activated, increases the movement speed of enemies in range by x%. Reduces damage output from them by x%

Ability 4 - Digital ascension

The warframe's physical parts fall off and it digitises, teleporting into the electronic systems of a targeted warframe or enemy. 

While in an allied warframe, their health and energy restore over time and their ability power and damage is increased

While in enemies they take rapid damage and are forced to attack their allies.

The warframe can teleport between allies and enemies while in this mode freely and cannot be injured. The ability can be ended early or once energy runs out.

Based on short description of this new warframe, I see it as a keeper of tormented "souls" which are still present in parts of those dead frames it is made of. Hence its abilities are based on that idea.
First two abilities should visually be predominantly of black color, with emission and glows changed by players in appearance tab in arsenal.
Visually, frame looks damaged when its HP is bellow max.

PASSIVE - (Dis)assemble:
- When receiving HP damage, parts fall off. Parts on the ground expire over short amount of time, but can be picked up before given time for HP restore. Cannot be affected by Vacuum or similar mods.
- Same goes when downed. While in bleed out, can crawl to pick parts, and can self revive that way after certain amount of parts picked. (Maybe give it some more bleed out crawl speed so it can actually be effective)

1. Particle effect:
- Places or throws a particle cloud at cursor point. Cloud is visually similar to those released by Eye bot from cunning test on Lua and has same effects. Everyone who passes through it is being damaged.
- No ally damage so grieving is avoided.
- Distance, radius, duration and damage increase with rank.

2. Pit of sorrows:
- Creates a zone on ground, which slows down enemies and lowers their defensive stats by percentage.
- Can be combined with Particle effect for additional effectiveness.
- Duration, power and size increase with rank.
- As visual effect it would look like hands are emerging from the pit and are trying to pull enemies underground.

3. Part ways:
- When activated, becomes invulnerable, absorbing damage dealt to it and depleting energy. Upon deactivation, or when energy reaches zero, a "soul" or a ghost of a Warframe is released and fights alongside player.
- Ghost's stats are based upon damage received (more damage = stronger ghost) and scale with the rank of this ability.
- Can only have one ghost active at a time, so they should be more resilient.
- Visually ghosts look like... well ghosts. Transparent :)

4. Outburst:
- Charge and release for explosion. While charging, frame is immobile, but still vulnerable. When released, frame explodes sending parts flying as grenade fragments.
- Percentage of current HP is lost during explosion and decreases with rank of this ability.
- Radius and strength increase with the charge time and scale with the rank of this ability.

ABILITIES

passive: void leak, upon taking a quarter (or any other fraction) of your max health damage you leak pure void energy that spreads out similar to a gas cloud that slows and strips armor.

1: dismantle, you launch up to 6 parts of your body at enemies that deals damage over time, slows, and decreases accuracy the more parts are on an enemy the more drastic the effects, and holding 1 begins returning all parts to you (but not at the same time). might prevent you from picking up items like data masses, decrease max health, or just drain energy.

2: short circuit, you release a pulse of electricity and any parts that you have active also release a pulse, having all of your parts on you or on a certain enemy increases the range and gives it 100% proc chance.

3: reboot, become immobile for a few seconds, improving armor, healing you for a large amount all parts that are attached to enemies begin to release short circuit pulses with lower damage but higher proc chance for the duration of the ability; could also spawn energy and health orbs

4: relay, any enemy with parts on them gets pulled within range and many of the tubes visible on the warframe's body attach to them, dealing massive damage to the afflicted enemies, and releasing void energy from your passive.

ALTERNATIVE ABILITIES

2: evisceration, any parts detach and begin rapidly orbiting whatever they're attached to, dealing slash damage.

3: Launch one of your hands that is attached via tube that can either latch onto terrain or enemies and begin releasing electric procs, holding 1 pulls you towards terrain and most enemies to you, dealing high damage, can only be used with 3 or more parts on you

4: broken cannon, ranged exalted weapon that requires all parts to be on you

(using any of these would probably result in a buff to 1 in order to justify loosing access to other abilities)

Passive- all damage taken is stored in the void energy within the frame. Scaling up to be released in a devestating attack.

1st- launch a warframe part towards the enemy. Stunning them in void energy and dealing damage over time.
Have a select wheel where you can choose what body part to send. I.e sending legs will reduce your speed, but increase you damage output from weapons or melee. And sending arms will reduce or remove weapon use, but give a large buff to speed. Remove everything and you have a massive armour buff, but limited movement.
Pressing 3 returns everything into your dismantled  ball, possibly sending out a shock wave scaling for each part returned
Possibly sending each part in 2 or more pieces etc, selecting arms first sends hands, then forearm, then upper arm etc
Void energy replacing the missing pieces.

2nd- void dash through enemies. The damage stored from your passive will be built up and released into the enemy, dealing explosive void damage and an aoe damage.

3rd- Place a warframe part onto an enemy, void energy siphoning health and armour back to you and your teammates. Use 2nd ability through an enemy affected with your 3rd, to further increase damage and increase the amount of health healed. Similar to your first, more parts on an enemy means higher scaling, but reduced damage or speed.

4th- completely dismantle yourself, become a ball of broken warframe parts held together by void energy, reducing or taking no damage from bullets, sucking in all ammo, drops, bullets, to build damage, including the damage bonus from your passive, and press again to disperse damage in a circle around you.

1st ability morph into an enemy absorbing them and growing

2nd ability transformation into dragon thats size is affected by enemies morphed 

3rd ability summon 4 of either archers, knighs , armored beasts or dragons 

4th ability frame grows and increases health and armour and call for a portal to open releasing the fire of hell and an army of demons this ability can be held down to increase number of demons and damage coming from the gates of the afterlife

Passive: % chance to dislocate part on direct hit ignoring percentage of damage taken 

1st  Dissipate: Unlatch your void form from warframe parts for x energy per second to move silently as pure energy, passing through an enemy as your energy form will cause its agro to reset to not alerted, ability casts and attacking will reassemble parts

2nd Retrofit: Adapt a part of your warframe to an enemy to leech its strength disabling enemy ability and granting user % ability strength, equipping part onto ally will reduce your ability strength by 50% granting it to the ally

3rdCycle through the warfame parts

Remove chassis: to place down a bubble of void energy, shielding scales off armor and power strength mods

Place neuroptics: grants a radius of disarm that applies to all enemies that enter for x seconds allies within the radius are granted ammo efficiency 

Channel the void energy from the warframe granting % movement speed to nearby allies 

4th Leeching Grasp: Root yourself to the environment binding all enemies with void energy within x meters dealing % health over x seconds, % health drained this way is granted to allies inside the radius 

I'm thinking he could be a tanky support frame that sacrifices health to give buffs to his allies.

Would have similar stats to Inaros.

high health, high armour, no shields.

Passive - Void construct

When above half health, gets a damage buff. When below half, gets energy from every kill (scales with efficiency).

1 - Void tendrils

Damage and cc ability. Sends out void tendrils to an enemy, damaging and immobilising it.

The tendrils spread to nearby enemies. They spread faster scaling with duration.

Enemies are released after a certain time and cannot be affected by the same cast of the ability.

Can be channelled so that the tendrils spread to nearby enemies at a much faster rate, independent of duration. 

Affected enemies aren't released while the ability is being channelled.

2 - Broken promise

Steals enemies powers and gives it to his team.

Debuffs nearby enemies' damage. Gives a buff proportional to the number of enemies being debuffed to allies and himself.

3 - Scavenge

Extends his void tendrils in a fixed range around him, dealing damage to enemies and healing himself.

Heal scales with the number of enemies and efficiency. Damage scales with power.

4 - Donation

Sacrifices half his health for an ally. All damage taken by the ally is absorbed by the buff with a damage reduction based of of the broken frame's armour. Buff stays active until all the health is depleted. (similar to Nezha's warding halo). The health spent activating the ability is multiplied by a certain value and is scaled with efficiency to result in the buff given to the ally.

Can also be cast on himself to grant a large damage buff (in addition to passive buff as the frame will be below half health) for a certain duration. He also becomes unable to heal from scavenge for the duration of the ability (could also take an increased amount of damage).

The idea is that he can serve as a support with his 1, 2 and 4 building for efficiency and duration but can also be an effective offensive frame building for power and becoming a glass cannon with his 4.

Passive: Failed Creation - Take double damage from all sources while in the "flawed" form

1: Hollow Strike - Strike forward and deal X..Y damage of a random damage type (Like Soul Punch, maybe a projectile?)

2: Flawed Guard - Take X..Y% less damage from a random damage type for A..B seconds. (Recasting refreshes duration with different element, i.e ability cannot be spammed to give damage reduction against everything)

3: Ruptured Wave - Apply a random status proc to all enemies within X..Y meters, this status effect lasts at A..B% of its normal duration. (Low duration -> 50% less, High duration -> 100% longer?)

4: True Self - Become the Avatar of he Void for X..Y seconds (Or drain). Hollow Strike and Ruptured Wave deal an additional X..Y Void Damage, Flawed Guard makes it so damage from N damage types heal you instead (Selected from damage types the player has recently received). Passive becomes take Z% less damage from all sources. Massive energy cost / drain, energy colour creates a spectral outline of what this warframe was intended to be. Damages all enemies (and self) within A..B meters while in this state.

Flavour (Possible spoilers?):

This is the Tenno's first attempt at building their own warframe, making the blueprints and designing the components from scratch (Rather than finding and replicating existing warframes) So, given the current story / scarlet spear / roadmap. All I see the Tenno wanting to build is a Sentient slaying warframe that can fully channel the Void, while this design is not perfect, in fact, it is very much a broken Warframe, it can in the right circumstance show a glimpse of the intended design.

While in the "True Self" state energy outlines can glow showing what a perfect version of the design would be if made properly, the entangled roots of the void trees? form a thick, robust armour, all the hollow sections get filled in with pulsing void energy

Trying to balance the abilities so that you don't just min/max your efficiency, strength, duration or range as each have a pretty strong effect on the abilities and how the frame plays.

Broken makes me thing of a Scavenger, if he's broken and made of other frames the first thing that comes to mind is how he's survived this whole time soooo

Passive - Rickshaw - Being a collection of different things Broken has collected in his travels he has found useful ways to take advantage of his shakey nature. Anytime Broken is damaged he has a chance to drop a part of him that allies can pick up for a bonus to shields, health or armor based on his current Prize of War bonus. 

1: Prize of War - Broken Frame draws in the destroyed remains of nearby enemies and depending on the type of enemy absorbed he gains scaling boosts in either Shields (Corpus), Armor (Grineer) or Health (Infested). These boosts slowly degrade overtime.

2: Violent Empathy - Broken targets an enemy and channels this ability to drag them into his core, once absorbed Broken redirects a portion of the damage he takes to his victim until they die at which point the ability can recast. 

3: Fabricating Tendrils - Detaching his right arm Broken creates a station that buffs the area around it depending on his current Prize of War bonuses. Armor gives Reload Speed, Shields give movement speed and health gives attack speed. Broken is very attached to his arm so when he reaches a certain distance or reactivates the ability his arm will slingshot back to him, damaging all enemies in range. 

4: Exalted Memory - Broken attempts to recall the memories of his broken part's weaponry forming a void weapon that drains energy when active. It's range and appearance fluctuate as different memories fight for supremacy. When performing a finisher Broken explodes his victims, creating double the normal Prize of War parts from that enemy and blinding enemies in range. 

Referring to Warframe as "Broken"

1. Entangle- Broken Slams the ground allowing the void tendrils to dig under random Enemies and hit them from below. Hits random enemies within radius.

2.-Feedback-Broken Tries to power up random parts leading to a crash in feedback bursting the area in three random elemental statuses. Status may be conditioned to colors on Broken's parts similar to Chroma.

3. Repo- Broken releases the parts it holds onto and the void tendrils seek a different host. once buried inside new host Broken's essence has full control (i.e. Repo a heavy gunner and Broken can use gunner's weapon along with slam abilities). Broken will also get a boost in power and speed based on power strength in these hosts. If host is killed Broken loses a chunk of health. 

Parts or the 'main body' will create a smaller feedback loop on the area left behind

4.-Sanctuary-Void tendrils begin to shine brilliantly as a large aura is produced around Broken (Or Host if residing within one). This light crates a Void Sanctuary Where all enemies become allies, so long as the aura remains. No effect on bosses like Vor or Stalker.

Passive -Recharge - Operators void energy refills Broken's Energy when hit with it.

Junk Storm - 4th ability - turns his parts into a vortex which spins around him causing enemies to take damage if hit by it, it'll also block shots for the duration of the ability. when the ability ends all parts fly outwards like shrapnel then teleports back to the frame to be used again

passive:stroll increase monument speed times 2

1st ability:able to launch the tentacle like vines and pull the enemies toward her.

2nd ability:flash step able to quickly run through lasers, and enemies.

3rd ability:able to split up for 3 seconds and enemies can't hit you.

4th ability:using void energy to make a small black hole.

Passive : Enhanced anatomy

Based on the faction of the ennemy you kill, get a bonus on kill : 

Infested : Boost damage for X duration (scalable or not) / Corpus : Boost to Shield and Shield Regeneration for X duration (scalable or not) / Grineer : Boost to Armor for X duration (scalable or not) / Sentient : Immune to the next Statut effect you get (scalable or not).

1st Ability - Restore,  On use, throw those tentacles to an ennemy draining a bit of its energy, you can't move during it but you can use your secondary weapon. The longer you hold it the more energy you get, no damage but become an ally for a short time, if there are ennemies around, it stuns them a few secondes after you release the target. If you use it on an Ally you instead give some of your energy to him/her (maybe make that as an Augment Mod)

2nd Ability - Adapt : Hold to create a companion using ennemy body part, the longer you hold the stronger it gets(or the longer it stays alive) it adapts its damage to the ennemy's weakness faction. Press again when not aiming at a body to divide your companion, thus getting 2 companions but smaller and less strong (but faster 😈), you can do it 3 times in total to get 8 mini companions running around at full speed, smashing every ennemies around. As they are smaller they are harder to kill but does less damage, so a bit of crowd control. (press again and it goes back to full size so you can adapt to crowd control or damage or hybrid) Warning : the full size companion can help you up when you're down one time but either die or last half the time. You can also lend one of your weapon to the first companion, but when you divide you get the weapon back and the companions goes melee only and they can't rez you either. (Maybe make the divide part an augment)

3rd Ability - Banquet : AOE that gather ennemies together, you steal parts of there bodies to grants your passive buffs to nearby Allies and companions the more ennemies there is the better are the buff ,plus, if more than X ennemies are gathered, grants a bit of Health/Energy regen per second for a short amount of time. No damage. (For npc maybe changes energy regen to attack speed boost or stronger buffs)

4th Ability - Comprehension : Your knowledge of anatomy  make you understand how to better destroy the bodies of your ennemies : on use large AOE Blast Damage to ennemies, if several ennemies are packed together they get hit by each other's blast radius and get more damage. Ennemies that did not die get disarmed for a short while.

I think this is pretty balanced and in the line of what it could do based on what I understand of the concept art ^^. I apologize if it looks confusing or not well written, I'm not a Native English speaker at all here :p

I ended up leaning pretty heavily on the design's tendrils and pseudo-modular appearance.  

1: Assimilated weapon - The tendrils binding the warframe together burst out of its arm and grab a nearby enemy to use as an improvised weapon.  The enemy is swung around like a massive flail, but is treated as a one handed melee weapon (sidearm is still usable). The assimilated enemy will take damage as the flail is used, and the flail will break when the enemy dies.  Stronger enemies (eg Stalker, Liches) can resist and overpower the attempt, but the void energy in the tendrils will damage them and result in DoT. 

• Holding the ability button will cause the warframe to absorb an assimilated enemy.  Absorbing an enemy will result in different effects depending on the warframe's current phase (see Reshuffle)
    • Power Shift results in a temporary buff to ability range and ability strength
    • Swift Shift results in temporary intangibility (limited duration, immediately cancelled by player attacks)
    • Stalwart Shift results in further temporary bonus armor and health regen to self and nearby party members

2: Reshuffle (alternatively "Phase Shift") - The warframe's components shift, replace themselves with other components and/or shifting its bulk via its component tendrils, resulting in a statistical change to its functions.  For illustrative purposes, compare to Pokemon's Deoxys, which can shift between a Normal (balanced) form, Defense form, Speed form, and Attack form.  Same basic principle here.  Reshuffle allows the frame to adapt to the needs of the mission.

• Power Shift: Bonus damage to weapons
  • Swift Shift: Increase to run speed, aim glide duration, grants evasion bonus
  • Stalwart Shift: Bonus to shields and armor

3: Lamented Configuration - The warframe tears off a part of itself and throws it.  The part takes root and the ground within a given radius erupts with small "void trees" (I'm unaware of the proper term for them), their effects changing based on what phase the warframe is in.  Note: This cannot be recast until the ability has run its course

• Power Shift: The trees basically act as proximity mines, exploding to deal damage and DoTs on nearby enemies
  • Swift Shift: The trees act as vines, disarming nearby enemies and rooting them in place
  • Stalwart Shift: The trees act as a briar patch, slowing down enemies and attempting to inflict Bleed damage

(Ok, the name doesn't really fit, but the Hellraiser pun amused me too much to drop)

4: Dragon's Teeth - The warframe collapses and falls apart.  The tendrils bury themselves in the ground, and from them sprout a number of armed warriors (mostly tendril, but with the odd part of the main warframe).  Each of these individually will always have lower health and armor than the main warframe did, and will stick within a set radius (improved with level and ability range) to the area in which they were spawned.  Collectively, however, they make up for this with raw firepower, making them very useful for defensive objectives.  The player will control one of these warriors (which is not limited in its range of operation), and can tap the button again to switch control to the next highest hp warrior.  However, if the body they control is downed, the operator loses their concentration, the ability is cancelled and the warframe must reform. 

• Note: The warriors are passively affected by the aforementioned Reshuffle bonuses and if they are in range can be affected by absorbing an assimilated enemy (ability 1).  With that said, they are intended to have far less staying power than Wukong's Celestial Twin. 

--

My intent with these abilities was to make them play off each other.  Dragon's Teeth has massive damage potential in the Power Phase (especially if you get the ability 1 buff), but its a glass cannon in that mode: very dangerous, but can't take a lot of hits.  Consequentially, you'll be Reshuffling the frame regularly to alternate between maximizing your burst damage, improving their defenses (see Swift in ability 2, Stalwart in ability 1), and figuring out whichever Lamented Configuration has the greatest utility for the situation.  In so doing, I'm hoping the abilities combine to create an engaging gameplay loop wherein each one becomes indispensable for longer missions. 

Lets give this a shot, a broken frame made from different parts... different frames being an amalgamate means possible different effects that work in tandem, or in some cases, fight eachother for control. Like the hydra of the old legends from rome tell, 1 body for many minds fighting with eachother as much as their enemies. I know the names not set yet, but its just easier for me to write if i have a name and not a title. so, i called it

Legion, The Amalgamate

Moslty so i didnt have to keep calling it "broken frame" and accidentally forget its actual design. In any case, have at my attempt fellow tenno.

Passive: "Grim Remains" Legion is able to salvage parts from his fallen foes, increasing his defense the more he gets and using them to fuel his powers.

1: "Shattered Memory" Legion uses some of the salvaged parts hes gathered to form a missile of the fallen remains. Holding the key will add more reserved parts to it, giving it a larger radius of impact and higher damage for each one spent.

1 Mod: "Shattered Legacy" Shattered Memory will now leave behind a pyre where it lands, removing the shrapnel explosion for a continuous area of toxin around it for a set time based on the ammount of remains used.

2: "We Are Many" Legion can use his Grim Remains to repair damage taken, cutting his current ammount by 25% and healing a flat amount for every piece used.

2 Mod: "Hivemind Mentality" When using We Are Many half of what would heal him is instead given to his allied tenno as shields.

3: "Cursed Rebirth" Legion gives life to some of his Grim Remains to form a twisted amalgam soldier who will fight at his side until dead or resummoned. The more parts used, the tankier and more damaging this soldier is though it cannot be healed.

3 Mod: "Pact of the Fallen" Cursed Rebirth now allows multiple amalgam soldiers to be made at the cost of their longevity. The time they have is proportionate to the ammount of parts used to make them.

4: "Great Divide" Legion will sacrifice all Remains to split apart his current form, all containing the differing mentalities of them. Each form will get one weapon from your current loadout and 1/3rd the frames stats on activation to use until death or recall where upon they return to one with the health and ammo used of all three combined.

4 Mod: "Twisted Fusion" Legions Divide now sends the minds to protect an ally, cutting your base armor and shields by 1/3rd and giving it to the targeted tenno. The armor and shields will stay theirs until Legion Dies or recalls his lost parts.

Railjack: "Cursed Reuinion" On activation an amalgam soldier is summoned to the railjack. he acts as a gunner crewmate until dead, using the Legion's gunnery level and has the lowest amalgam stats your legion is cappable of making.

Working on an idea of being incomplete and the desire the become completed. The frame will cosmetically look broken, but has an armor gauge which can be filled to make the frame look repaired. Capped at 1500 Armor. Modded armor will not affect the gauge and its interactions with abilities

Passive: Enemies killed fills armor gauge by 50 points

1st Ability - Latch - 25 energy - Affected by Range and Efficiency mods

Throws his arm off (still attached with somatic fibers) and latches onto a targeted enemy within 20m and gets dragged to you. Latched enemy defenses (base armor and base shields) are completely stolen to fill armor gauge (I estimate this taking 3 heavy enemies or 10-15 lighter enemies to completely fill your gauge)

If held, the Latch affects broken frame himself and converts stolen armor into health

2nd Ability - Breaking point - 50 energy - Affected by Strength, Range, Duration, and Efficiency mods

(animated as if broken frame tears itself apart by removing cosmetic gauge armor in a rage) all stolen armor is consumed to increase speed by 25% for allies within 25m and damage multiplier by 100% for self. Buff lasts for 30 seconds. Strength of the buff is based on % of gauge filled when cast and always overwrites the previous buff.

3rd Ability - Overhaul - 75 energy - Affected by Strength, Range and Efficiency mods

Broken frame's somatic tendrils go crazy, lashing out and steals 40% of enemy base defenses within 25m for its gauge (line of sight). Enemies are staggered for this brief moment. Synergizes well with 2nd ability and 4th ability as well as offering light crown control and team support.

4th Ability - Self Destruct - 100 energy - Affected by Strength, Duration, Range, and Efficiency mods

Explodes all stolen armor in 1 big explosion of 25m. Enemies caught in the blast are dealt damage equal to the amount of stolen armor that was discarded (affected by strength or Vauban scaling) and are stunned for 3 seconds. Allies caught in the blast will gain armor equal to the discarded amount of armor used for 20 seconds. This synergizes well with 3rd ability by removing the enemy defenses and charging armor gauge before unleashing it back.

Well, I am a simple Brazilian player (without mastering English well) with more than 3 thousand hours of game and I love the game, let's start. 

passive: Whenever Quakke (that is the fictitious name) or allies fall, the left hand separates from Quakke and retrieves the body to rise (yes, self-resuscitation).

First skill: roots of calm - Quakke uses his left hand to loosen his roots to connect with an enemy that sucks the enemy's energy and heals Quakke when Quakke is full of life he (Quakke) unleashes a wave of healing for the allies.

Second skill: broken shield - Quakke beats both hands to gain resistance (x%) to the types of damage he receives by sacrificing a part of his life (maybe 20%) for this.

Third skill: missile fist - Quakke uses his right arm to launch his arm or hand (whichever is easier for devs to do) as a missile that when it touches an enemy or the ground explodes causing damage to the% health of targets over a long area and leaves them blind for a few seconds.

Fourth skill: magnificent disruption - Quakke uses his two sticks to break the reality (like white beard in One Piece in chapter 552 page 4) in his favor within a range with 4 types of functionality, first: Fortune, makes every loot q falls has x% to double its quantity (yes another farm frame), in the second: excessive cure, does all healing and shield q is won be increased by x% and also gives over heal and over shield, in the third: Resistence does that enemies give reduced damage to allies and you at x% fixed and lastly the fourth: god bless, everyone gains x% mana efficiency in allied skills.

regarding status I thought of 1000 hp and 1000 shield to match the skills along with 275 armor and 275 energy at the maximum level.

Well this is my concept of the broken frame abilits I hope you enjoy and good game and good work.

I've always had the idea for something of a 'bug frame' in the idea that a warframe is bugged in the actual lore / universe making the lines between game and the game's 'reality' blurred and exploitable. Adding to it the theme of a broken frame and the many potential definitions of broken (literally disassembled, being super amazing in a game, or being emotionally and psychologically done) sounds like it could make a very interesting frame. 

Passive (Aesthetic) - Warframe's color palette randomly shuffles when you use abilities (including the possibility of 'shuffling' back to normal or resulting in the same pattern it already has) but retains the colors you pick. Its Primary color changes with its secondary color and such. Abilities that affect other targets also scramble their color palettes. May experience other interesting phenomenon that may question the user's sanity. 

Passive (Gameplay) - Ability use causes a gauge to empty representing the frame's fragile hold on the chaotic void energy holding it together. It rebuilds over time, but aggressive enough ability use can break it, resulting in the Warframe losing cohesion and its physical state entirely. Its health and armor values are turned into shield entirely in this state, and its roll becomes a void dash allowing phasing through enemies and energy collection while doing so. Entering operator in this state causes the Warframe to auto pilot, typically going completely berserk firing its weapons and powers as often as it can, heedless of its own survival. Being downed in this state brings the Warframe back to its broken body, restoring the meter to full and putting the Warframe into bleed out as normal, dragging the operator into it if not in the frame already. All outgoing damage gains a bonus void damage based on power strength, with all its associated benefits. Effectively 'Exalting' any weapon the Warframe has.

1st - Transmutes surrounding pickups into various other pickups. Resources are only scrambled for the user and very rarely improve in quality (common resources becoming uncommon ie), but consumables (health/energy/ammo) are scrambled for everyone. Drops can rarely turn into Sentient Cores (the pickup kind that gives you full health/shield/energy, or explode if left alone too long). Enemies caught in the area are knocked down while forcibly dropping items as if killed. Can't 'mug' VIPs this way. Standard loot-frame rules apply.

2nd - Corrupts a target's weapon, altering its properties wildly. On allied targets (including the user if held down to self cast) it can cause crit and status to invert, alter firing and ammo types (a single shot rifle suddenly firing a constant spray of energy as a beam weapon for example) and/or scrambles elemental status effects on the weapon. Note that the last effect does not change the damage inflicted by the weapon, so you could have a Magnetic weapon suddenly causing Heat Procs with its status yet the "Heat" Proc does Magnetic damage, making it chew through shields quickly (and still cutting any armor the target has in half as well). Enemies affected by this always have their weapons randomized in a worse way, potentially including disarming them. (A Bombard's weapon becoming a Viper from a Shield Lancer, or a Hind from an Elite Lancer for example, randomly chosen but never getting better than their Orgris). Melee/Disarmed enemies are stunned and exposed to finishers instead. Has a 'burst' when fired at enemies for more effective crowd application.

3rd - Transforms an enemy into a completely different, non-Sentient enemy of equivalent class. Elite Lancer to Elite Crewman for example. Enemies Transformed this way still belong to the faction that they transformed into, causing infighting where appropriate. Sentients are instead damaged based on the number of elements they have adapted to and/or the number of crowd control effects they have diminishing returns against, the damage is void based and removes those adaptations after if the target survives. 

4th - A very long cast time ability, proportionally reduced based on the amount of cohesion meter remaining (less = faster), that opens a void fissure in the level. Like a void fissure mission, it will empower normal enemies with corrupted power, and will spawn in enemies from the corrupted pool in void missions. Warframes can gain void buffs by killing enough corrupted enemies as normal, allowing for infinite ammo weapons in any mission. Successfully casting this ability causes the frame's cohesion meter to break. 

Passive - Broken Shield Generator - Shield regenerates half as fast but it can turn into an overshield. Once the overshield reaches 500, it gets converted into 30 - 50 energy.'

Ability 1** -  Costs 25 energy -Lash out with a tentacle that extends 10/15/20 meters (affected by ability range) and spears every enemy in the way.  For every enemy speared, there is a 50/50 chance to restore either 50/75/100 shield or 10/25/50 health (the values are affected by ability strength). Whether you get health or shield is rolled per enemy (If you spear 3 enemies, you can get something like 200 shields and 50 health). This attack deals a percentage of the enemies maximum health. The percent is also augmented by ability strength. Each enemy hit by this generates a 5% boost in damage that stacks up to 300% buff and a 20% efficiency boost. This buff can spread to other allies with halved strength. The duration to the buff is 10 seconds and it cannot be affected by duration

Ability 2 - Costs 50 energy - The Broken Warframe extends its tentacles to pick up fallen enemies weapons and armor. It will bring this armor to itself to give itself health based on the amount of stuff picked up. It also adds slash damage and procs to the first and third abilities. This ability has a health pool like Rhino's Iron Skin

Ability 3* -  Costs 50 energy - Entangle an enemy with tentacles that spread to 15 enemies at most. The tangled enemies have damage dealing tentacles strung in between them. Enemies that pass through the tentacles are stunned and take radiation damage. They are also proced with radiation. Each enemy hit with the tentacles provides shields to you and your allies. This ability deals DOT  to entangled enemies. When this ability ends when the last one dies.

Ability 4* - Costs 50 Shields Summon a tentacle whip with multiple jagged parts attached that deals primarily slash and consumes shield. The whip grants shields and overshields when a status effect is proced. The warframes passive is disabled and can have the regular overshield cap. The weapon also deals more damage and has a longer range as more overshields are gained.

*Thought of by Bananabird101

**Tweaked by Bananabird101

There are no written records of the conversation with Bananabird101 because this was written during a direct conversation with him

Passive : electricity dmg +15%

1. Corrupt void : Aoe  knock up and strike em with void blast dealing 100/150/300 dmg  (number of enemy scales with  %ability range) 

2. Broken Resolve : sacrifice 10% current health to become invulnerable for 1-3 second (hold down keys button) while charging up  team armor up to 450%

3. Void Energy : stores up enemy dmg taken 

4. stormeater : transform into a storm titan that can accesed to a new ability. cost (50,45,30 energy/second scaling with ability level)

sorm eater ability :

1 .  void crush : deal the stored dmg to an enemy in a cone shaped area 

2. stormflies : telport into targeted area and explode into a rubble to stun the enemy

3. Crosscontagion : deal mixed dmg of any element 100/250/300

4. retransform : retransform to original body

Archived