Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[IC / Open RP] Treasures of Lua

Psychotoxin

18 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"Yeah.  We all will."  Esk looked at her prosthetic arm resting in her lap, flexing the fingers.  "I just always get a bit annoyed when I talk to immortals.  Like, I could tell by your voice and how you move that you've never had to realize that your time will eventually run out even if you are perfectly safe."  She looked at the Wisp, with a hint of a mischievous smile.  "Either that, or you are mortal and you've come to terms with it."

Immortals. Vydraixenne hadn't found herself talking to non-Tenno often enough to be used to the many titles that were applied to them.
Immortals.

While flattering, and certainly not entirely inaccurate, she was not as vain as to just let the mysticising statement stand unclarified.
"I think the fact that no Tenno has yet died to old age is more due to the cryosleep than to us being ageless. One day, I'm sure, some of us will also leave this world for another." Speaking about death, she sounded not sad or grave about it. Rather pragmatic about it, really, which was a severe mismatch with her rather yound sounding voice.
"I think I personally much more fall under the "come to terms with it" category."

She leaned a bit closer again, as if inspecting Esk's face. "I would've thought soldiers would also have... a state of mind about it, if you know what I mean?"

45 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

Immortals. Vydraixenne hadn't found herself talking to non-Tenno often enough to be used to the many titles that were applied to them.
Immortals.

While flattering, and certainly not entirely inaccurate, she was not as vain as to just let the mysticising statement stand unclarified.
"I think the fact that no Tenno has yet died to old age is more due to the cryosleep than to us being ageless. One day, I'm sure, some of us will also leave this world for another." Speaking about death, she sounded not sad or grave about it. Rather pragmatic about it, really, which was a severe mismatch with her rather yound sounding voice.
"I think I personally much more fall under the "come to terms with it" category."

She leaned a bit closer again, as if inspecting Esk's face. "I would've thought soldiers would also have... a state of mind about it, if you know what I mean?"

"You'd be surprised.  Most avoid thinking about it.  Most Grineer, at least.  Of those who do, some distract themselves with dreams of glory, some are confident in their ability to shoot before they get shot themselves, and then there are those who are just scared the whole time."

She grimaced.  "I've just seen so many Tenno willing to commit war crimes for very little money; it seems peace doesn't mean much for those who never have to worry about how dangerous war is.  Like, the only reason the war is over now --mhh."  The old Grineer took a breath.  "I'm winding myself up now, I should probably stop."

On 2021-03-13 at 9:22 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

"You'd be surprised.  Most avoid thinking about it.  Most Grineer, at least.  Of those who do, some distract themselves with dreams of glory, some are confident in their ability to shoot before they get shot themselves, and then there are those who are just scared the whole time."

She grimaced.  "I've just seen so many Tenno willing to commit war crimes for very little money; it seems peace doesn't mean much for those who never have to worry about how dangerous war is.  Like, the only reason the war is over now --mhh."  The old Grineer took a breath.  "I'm winding myself up now, I should probably stop."

"I am suprised, yeah." the Wisp admitted freely, with very little concern. "Then again, it matters little. Yes, maybe we could switch the topic." She wasn't oblivious of the cruelty some of her kin had committed, and sometimes even enjoyed - but she felt no responsibility or attachment to it, and had been called names for her detached attitude before. The Grineer's wish for a different topic came very convenient, in that sense.

"So, I suppose most people would pick up a hobby or two to make up the free time. You got some yet?" She sounded like she was trying to make polite smalltalk, her interest not really engaged - more than her voice, however, this was evidenced by her restless floating-around, with very little disregard for which way gravity was pointing.

19 hours ago, Owlrrex said:

"I am suprised, yeah." the Wisp admitted freely, with very little concern. "Then again, it matters little. Yes, maybe we could switch the topic." She wasn't oblivious of the cruelty some of her kin had committed, and sometimes even enjoyed - but she felt no responsibility or attachment to it, and had been called names for her detached attitude before. The Grineer's wish for a different topic came very convenient, in that sense.

"So, I suppose most people would pick up a hobby or two to make up the free time. You got some yet?" She sounded like she was trying to make polite smalltalk, her interest not really engaged - more than her voice, however, this was evidenced by her restless floating-around, with very little disregard for which way gravity was pointing.

Esk relaxed slightly, just barely visibly.
"I guess I could make a joke about Steel Meridian and say 'My hobby is fighting injustice!'," she said, with a mischievous smile that quickly passed.
"I like growing things.  Not so much plants, 'cause you can't carry those around.  I have a jar of fermented vegetables in my room."  She considered mentioning the technocyte Pox that she grew in a different jar, and decided against it.  "You?"

On 2021-03-15 at 10:25 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

Esk relaxed slightly, just barely visibly.
"I guess I could make a joke about Steel Meridian and say 'My hobby is fighting injustice!'," she said, with a mischievous smile that quickly passed.
"I like growing things.  Not so much plants, 'cause you can't carry those around.  I have a jar of fermented vegetables in my room."  She considered mentioning the technocyte Pox that she grew in a different jar, and decided against it.  "You?"

Vydree chuckled at the joke, she found that it hinted quite a pragmatic mind behind the Grineer's face, which she usually appreciated.
"They don't exactly go well into a pocket, true." she acknowledged. Fermented Vegetables sounded like as meangingless a keepsake as anything else to her - people had their attachments, after all.
"I've always just been a researcher. The end of the war mostly means I face less resistance to get where I need to - but I don't need more hobbies. My time's spoken for fully and double." She sounded proud of her work, and certainly not unhappy with her fate.

On 2021-03-17 at 5:21 PM, Owlrrex said:

Vydree chuckled at the joke, she found that it hinted quite a pragmatic mind behind the Grineer's face, which she usually appreciated.
"They don't exactly go well into a pocket, true." she acknowledged. Fermented Vegetables sounded like as meangingless a keepsake as anything else to her - people had their attachments, after all.
"I've always just been a researcher. The end of the war mostly means I face less resistance to get where I need to - but I don't need more hobbies. My time's spoken for fully and double." She sounded proud of her work, and certainly not unhappy with her fate.

"Mhh.  What do you research?"
Esk did, indeed, have a pragmatic mind - and one unable to accept the vague category of "just a researcher" without probing further.  Nobody was "just a researcher".  That could cover anything from small birds to chemical weapons, from harmless to helpful to dangerous to outright immoral. 

On 2021-01-16 at 11:34 AM, AlendasNaro said:

'No, I am not lost' Miraley said warmly with small friendly smile, pulled her hand away from Shard as this seems to have refused not to shake hands with her. 'I am looking for a human. If you have seen one, could you please tell me where this is? I set up a meeting here with this' Miraley said remaining warm in her tone and retaining the small friendly smile. She seems quite oddly undeterred in her approach of Shard despite his size and how he looks while also same time treats Shard like a member of kin.

“Well I don’t know where that is but there are some people in the garden and lobby so try there” he says while shrugging his shoulders 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

“Well I don’t know where that is but there are some people in the garden and lobby so try there” he says while shrugging his shoulders 

"Well, not much to go with but at least something. Thank you' Miraley said warmly and sounding understanding in the info Shard gave to her. "Is there something you would like to say before I go look for the individual I want meet?' Miraley asked sounding warm, open and wants to help Shard.

On 2021-03-22 at 1:24 AM, UnremarkableUsername said:

"Mhh.  What do you research?"
Esk did, indeed, have a pragmatic mind - and one unable to accept the vague category of "just a researcher" without probing further.  Nobody was "just a researcher".  That could cover anything from small birds to chemical weapons, from harmless to helpful to dangerous to outright immoral. 

Like a pendulum in syrup, the wisp's motions stopped, until she hovered just as if she was standing, looking at Esk for a second or two. How would she explain this to someone like her? Someone who hadn't tasted, touched and gazed beyond the veil of this reality? Someone who wasn't like her kin?

"I research the void. And some void-related things." she decided to say, displeased inside with how inadequate it sounded.

On 2021-03-22 at 7:59 AM, AlendasNaro said:

"Well, not much to go with but at least something. Thank you' Miraley said warmly and sounding understanding in the info Shard gave to her. "Is there something you would like to say before I go look for the individual I want meet?' Miraley asked sounding warm, open and wants to help Shard.

“Hmmm nah I’m good have a nice day” Shard nodded and started to stroll again.

Just now, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

“Hmmm nah I’m good have a nice day” Shard nodded and started to stroll again.

"Have a good day then" Miraley said as Shard went past her, she put the helmet back on after speaking and started walking towards the garden (I bet Radou is at the garden, he is outdoors person after all but he came from Neptune and that planet has absurdly long day and night cycle. So I wouldn't be surprised if it has messed up his sleeping schedule.) Miraley thought as she walked towards the garden in the sun wing.

On 2020-12-18 at 9:42 PM, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius stretched as he awoke from his relaxing nap. He got up from the bed and looked out the at the lunar atmosphere. Lua was a charming place, with its Orokin ruins strewn across the land. He went to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. He took a sip and examined the bottle. It was a nice little design, with a slender build and golden embellishments around the neck. Placing the bottle on the counter, Kacilius walked over to the couch and waved his hand over his Equinox's arm, ejecting a small rectangular item. Kacilius removed it from his frame, placed it on the table, and pressed the side. The item popped open, revealing a small handheld holographic display with various icons. Kacilius swiped his hand through the display until he found the icon for the Market. "Let's see what's new today." He scrolled through the items up for sale, sipping his water occasionally.

Kacilius opened his eyes. Did I doze off? He looked at the holographic display. It's been... a while since I've dozed off like this. He got up and nearly slipped in a puddle of water. I must have dropped my water. Carefully, Kacilius walked around the water to the bathroom and grabbed a towel. As he was cleaning up the mess, the holographic display flashed a notification. Tapping on the notification, Kacilius saw that a recent trade deal was successful and the credits were just transferred to his account. "Hmm. There should be something around here I can use these credits on." Storing the display away in his pocket, Kacilius threw on a simple dark robe and walked out of his room. At first, he was unsure where to go, so he just walked down to the lobby and wandered slightly before finding himself in a Sun Wing garden.

Meanwhile, Thraks had been making his way toward what was known as the Lunaro court, from the moon wing side entrance. From what he saw when he got there, there didn't seem to be any match currently going on, so he could freely move around on the court or maybe even try out to throw a lunaro ball with those weird looking ball throwers, whatever they were called. Come to think of it, he had no idea on how to play Lunaro. He had only heard and maybe seen it, but never actually tried it. All he knew about Lunaro was that it was a popular past time sport for the Tenno and if its a sport that Tenno play, then it must be a fast paced sport with a lot of moving around and so on.

At the moment though, Thraks was simply sitting at the audience bench on the moon side, looking at the court while eating a dried fruit that he bought from a nearby vending machine and he gotta be honest, it was one good, dried fruit.

On 2021-03-24 at 6:38 AM, Owlrrex said:

Like a pendulum in syrup, the wisp's motions stopped, until she hovered just as if she was standing, looking at Esk for a second or two. How would she explain this to someone like her? Someone who hadn't tasted, touched and gazed beyond the veil of this reality? Someone who wasn't like her kin?

"I research the void. And some void-related things." she decided to say, displeased inside with how inadequate it sounded.

"Ah.  So I suppose you're on Lua for more than just the views."
The old defector's expression remained friendly, and her tone of voice was light, but the way her eye focused on the Wisp suggested that she was genuinely interested in the answer to her prodding.

On 2021-03-26 at 4:23 AM, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius opened his eyes. Did I doze off? He looked at the holographic display. It's been... a while since I've dozed off like this. He got up and nearly slipped in a puddle of water. I must have dropped my water. Carefully, Kacilius walked around the water to the bathroom and grabbed a towel. As he was cleaning up the mess, the holographic display flashed a notification. Tapping on the notification, Kacilius saw that a recent trade deal was successful and the credits were just transferred to his account. "Hmm. There should be something around here I can use these credits on." Storing the display away in his pocket, Kacilius threw on a simple dark robe and walked out of his room. At first, he was unsure where to go, so he just walked down to the lobby and wandered slightly before finding himself in a Sun Wing garden.

Kacilius arrived to the garden before Miraley and she guessed Kacilius didn't notice her because she was behind a corner and walking carefully to not even make a sound when Kacilius entered first in to the garden. 'Hi' Miraley said sounding warm and kind to Kacilius even if she doesn't know who this individual is.

23 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"Ah.  So I suppose you're on Lua for more than just the views."
The old defector's expression remained friendly, and her tone of voice was light, but the way her eye focused on the Wisp suggested that she was genuinely interested in the answer to her prodding.

The Wisp gave a modest posture, as she'd been found out, though she hadn't tried to really hide anything in regards to her occupation.
"Once I'm done unwinding for a bit, I might just hop a few miles out and get back to some antiques, yes. It's not really a place I grow sick of, though." she tells, politely humble on one side, but also not at all hesitant to tell the Grineer about it.
"But unwindings comes first. I've got to let that head cool down some times too, yes?"

On 2021-03-29 at 7:14 PM, AlendasNaro said:

Kacilius arrived to the garden before Miraley and she guessed Kacilius didn't notice her because she was behind a corner and walking carefully to not even make a sound when Kacilius entered first in to the garden. 'Hi' Miraley said sounding warm and kind to Kacilius even if she doesn't know who this individual is.

Kacilius slightly flinched at the voice. "Wha- oh, hello there." He gave a slight nod and looked around. "How are you? Where are we, by the way? I was wandering mindlessly and have no clue where this is."

2 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius slightly flinched at the voice. "Wha- oh, hello there." He gave a slight nod and looked around. "How are you? Where are we, by the way? I was wandering mindlessly and have no clue where this is."

'I am feeling quite well, quite sure we are at the garden of the hotel' Miraley said retaining the mildly friendly and warm tone (Huh, I did surprise him... Wasn't really my intention and a bit odd how that training stick with me) Miraley thought. 'If you are wandering mindlessly, is something bothering you?' Miraley said with mild but quite honest sympathetic tone. Her standing position is relaxed but also speaks of curiosity and caring which is not too surprising for more usual medic or nurse type Trinity no matter of the variant.

20 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

'I am feeling quite well, quite sure we are at the garden of the hotel' Miraley said retaining the mildly friendly and warm tone (Huh, I did surprise him... Wasn't really my intention and a bit odd how that training stick with me) Miraley thought. 'If you are wandering mindlessly, is something bothering you?' Miraley said with mild but quite honest sympathetic tone. Her standing position is relaxed but also speaks of curiosity and caring which is not too surprising for more usual medic or nurse type Trinity no matter of the variant.

"Something bothering me..." Is there anything that's actually bothering me? I've felt off recently. "Well, I'm not sure actually. I'm not sure whether my awakening has to do with it, but 'peacetime' feels... strange." Kacilius sighed. Without realizing, he started flourishing a credit chip in his hand.

1 minute ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Something bothering me..." Is there anything that's actually bothering me? I've felt off recently. "Well, I'm not sure actually. I'm not sure whether my awakening has to do with it, but 'peacetime' feels... strange." Kacilius sighed. Without realizing, he started flourishing a credit chip in his hand.

(Hmm... Something doesn't feel right here...) Miraley thought 'I know what you mean... It does feel strange although I know what helps' Miraley said sounding empathetic and slightly reflecting the same unease but at although her tone changed to mildly positive and thankful 'Where lies my manners though... I am Miraley, I am glad to meet you' Miraley said in a more energetic and happy tone. Walking to Kacilius and aligning her hand for a handshake.

On 2021-03-30 at 5:52 PM, Owlrrex said:

The Wisp gave a modest posture, as she'd been found out, though she hadn't tried to really hide anything in regards to her occupation.
"Once I'm done unwinding for a bit, I might just hop a few miles out and get back to some antiques, yes. It's not really a place I grow sick of, though." she tells, politely humble on one side, but also not at all hesitant to tell the Grineer about it.
"But unwindings comes first. I've got to let that head cool down some times too, yes?"

I imagine you do, if what I've heard is true, Esk thought, but didn't say.  Mentioning the Presence that supposedly haunted all Tenno would probably not be good form.  Interesting, perhaps, but not good form, not for polite conversation with a new acquaintance.

"Yeah."  Never grow sick of... Mur.  Murbir was still flying Steel Meridian business across the system.  She'd be old enough to retire soon, but probably wouldn't do it -- Mur would probably never grow sick of piloting.  Esk smiled at the thought.

19 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

(Hmm... Something doesn't feel right here...) Miraley thought 'I know what you mean... It does feel strange although I know what helps' Miraley said sounding empathetic and slightly reflecting the same unease but at although her tone changed to mildly positive and thankful 'Where lies my manners though... I am Miraley, I am glad to meet you' Miraley said in a more energetic and happy tone. Walking to Kacilius and aligning her hand for a handshake.

Kacilius extended his hand out and shook Miraley's hand. "Kacilius Venrai. Nice to meet you too." The credit chip he was flourishing then fell promptly to the floor, making a small splat on the garden floor. "Wher- did I drop that? Or is that yours?"

36 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius extended his hand out and shook Miraley's hand. "Kacilius Venrai. Nice to meet you too." The credit chip he was flourishing then fell promptly to the floor, making a small splat on the garden floor. "Wher- did I drop that? Or is that yours?"

The handshake Kacilius had with Miraley was quite warm and welcoming. 'No, it is yours' Miraley said and took very slight amount of distance to Kacilius it was more of a respect of personal space. Once Kacilius was done picking it up 'Is there anything you feel passionate about?' Miraley asked calmly but retaining warm tone still.

9 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

The handshake Kacilius had with Miraley was quite warm and welcoming. 'No, it is yours' Miraley said and took very slight amount of distance to Kacilius it was more of a respect of personal space. Once Kacilius was done picking it up 'Is there anything you feel passionate about?' Miraley asked calmly but retaining warm tone still.

"Well... I do enjoy trading a lot. I love to find something valuable to either keep for myself or trade with others." Kacilius replied with a slight smile as he put away the credit chip. "What about you?"

4 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Well... I do enjoy trading a lot. I love to find something valuable to either keep for myself or trade with others." Kacilius replied with a slight smile as he put away the credit chip. "What about you?"

"I tend to mostly look behind myself figuratively. We woke up to quite a chaos and I have been doing a lot of work to find out what happened before we woke up. Another one is dancing which was introduced to me by human mercenary I have employed to support and who I now consider a friend." Miraley said continuing being warm with her tone.

Archived