Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[IC / Open RP] Treasures of Lua

Psychotoxin

On 2020-12-08 at 6:08 PM, AlendasNaro said:

Radou thought for a moment and did angle the book so the Wisp would have a bit more easier time reading it. "Mostly to learn. Books aren't my sole passion, I enjoy the outdoors places such as Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis. Both such interesting places to roam around" Radou said saying the mostly to learn with professional tone but when he started to speak about outdoors some level of passion can be felt not exactly same as Wisp's but it might have something to do with it. "Mighty is the cold, on the surface of Venus, at the tundra of Orb Vallis. The daring and the knowing, face the cold and gaze through the veil of white to move forward. When it finally seizes, such splendor is breathtaking and makes anybody to forget the cold" Radou said while not a poet or rhymer. It definitely speaks of his passion for the environment of the place.

2 hours ago, Owlrrex said:

The Wisp looked at the book from the new angle the Human offered her, then looked at him to discern his thoughts behind the gesture - than she backed off with a tiny giggle.
"They go well together, the books and the open." she agreed. "I'm much more of a warmth-person though. Very glad for the insulation that makes me able to dance with the snow." She twirled around herself in mid-air, as if to emphasize her words, and gained a bit more distance from him after being so invasive at first. She felt happy. Happy that he made it easy for her to ask the questions that were in her head.

"It doesn't sound like your books, your knowledge, would be what you've been hired for, though. Do you have a name I might've heard about?" With the last question, she looked him up and down for any identifiable marks or emblems, but didn't spot any. How unfortunate, that might make it harder to recognize him later. She had such a terrible memory for faces.

Footsteps sounded on the path, soft in the lunar gravity, with long strides between them.  Nothing out of the ordinary, for a garden.

As Radou spoke of scenic views, the owner of the footsteps came into view, a tall figure in dark armor.  Vydraixenne drifted backwards into the tall runner's path, and she jumped aside with a heavily Grineer-accented "woops!  sorry!"

Now that she was close enough to see, the runner turned out to be a Grineer of the Heavy Gunner strain.  She had white hair, drawn back in a short ponytail, and wore Nightwatch armor, patched in several places and repainted.  Her left arm was robotic, with Furax knuckles built in, and an orange Ostron flame where the bicep would have been.  An amber eye and an ocular implant gazed out from a blotchy face with a friendly expression.

6 hours ago, Owlrrex said:

The Wisp looked at the book from the new angle the Human offered her, then looked at him to discern his thoughts behind the gesture - than she backed off with a tiny giggle.
"They go well together, the books and the open." she agreed. "I'm much more of a warmth-person though. Very glad for the insulation that makes me able to dance with the snow." She twirled around herself in mid-air, as if to emphasize her words, and gained a bit more distance from him after being so invasive at first. She felt happy. Happy that he made it easy for her to ask the questions that were in her head.

"It doesn't sound like your books, your knowledge, would be what you've been hired for, though. Do you have a name I might've heard about?" With the last question, she looked him up and down for any identifiable marks or emblems, but didn't spot any. How unfortunate, that might make it harder to recognize him later. She had such a terrible memory for faces.

3 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Footsteps sounded on the path, soft in the lunar gravity, with long strides between them.  Nothing out of the ordinary, for a garden.

As Radou spoke of scenic views, the owner of the footsteps came into view, a tall figure in dark armor.  Vydraixenne drifted backwards into the tall runner's path, and she jumped aside with a heavily Grineer-accented "woops!  sorry!"

Now that she was close enough to see, the runner turned out to be a Grineer of the Heavy Gunner strain.  She had white hair, drawn back in a short ponytail, and wore Nightwatch armor, patched in several places and repainted.  Her left arm was robotic, with Furax knuckles built in, and an orange Ostron flame where the bicep would have been.  An amber eye and an ocular implant gazed out from a blotchy face with a friendly expression.

Radou had heard the foot steps as he talked with the Wisp. The nightwatch armor didn't say much for him although he was somewhat surprised of the coloring of the armor (Such deserting is very rare and as surprising is to who) Radou thought without showing it on his face what he thought. "I find it very unlikely somebody like you has heard of me. Name is Radou" Radou said. He is dressed on winter jacket, pants and boots all sky blue colored, no symbols or emblems are in sight on it. His hair and facial hair is cut to the root and his face is mostly unassuming and quite normal. "Greetings" Radou said normally to the Grineer.

9 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

5 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

Radou had heard the foot steps as he talked with the Wisp. The nightwatch armor didn't say much for him although he was somewhat surprised of the coloring of the armor (Such deserting is very rare and as surprising is to who) Radou thought without showing it on his face what he thought. "I find it very unlikely somebody like you has heard of me. Name is Radou" Radou said. He is dressed on winter jacket, pants and boots all sky blue colored, no symbols or emblems are in sight on it. His hair and facial hair is cut to the root and his face is mostly unassuming and quite normal. "Greetings" Radou said normally to the Grineer.

Startled only by the Grineer's exclamation and apology, a collision would've surely happened had the runner not reacted as quickly as they did. With a 'swish!'-sound of the hovering engine of her frame, the Wisp glid to the side in suprise, next to the bench that Radou was sitting on. "Oh, whoops, didn't see you there!" she replied, scanning over the Grineer quickly. The Ostron flame stood out to her - they were people she liked to talk to. Occasionally.

"I'm Vydraixenne. And you're right, I don't know your name - but now I'm curious what kind of person you think I am." she said to Radou, sounding not at all offended, but rather intrigued and a bit teasing for putting the man on the spot like that. Not that she really cared what he thought of her. The fact that he was still sitting, yet she was hovering at standing height just made so much more glaring how she looked down to him, not with arrogance, but just the difference there was between what they were made of.

23 hours ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

*Its isn’t hard, I am only responsible for 1/3 of the ships functions as well as dealing with anomalous activities, it is. Rather simple task. Unfortunately the “ exhilarating” part of this job does not come very often, there has been an armistice that prevents unessicsry warmongering.*

"Interesting." Kacilius then discreetly leaned towards Rex. "I just want to know privately, why does Shard not have that many friends? Did something happen to him, or...?"

1 hour ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Interesting." Kacilius then discreetly leaned towards Rex. "I just want to know privately, why does Shard not have that many friends? Did something happen to him, or...?"

*well despite being a well achieved person he tends to live in the shadow of his elder sister, who I have unintentionally based my appearance on her younger self. On top numerous flaws in his personality traits, his previous line of work made him a less than desirable person to be Around for many non Tenno if you understand what I am saying. In case you do not understand I am saying he was previously know for cutting the lives of many corpus and grineer short before armistice, as a result many don’t enjoy being around him. On top of that if you have not noticed there is a high concentration of both infested and sentient material comprising this ship which is also generally disliked by the populace.*

1 hour ago, Owlrrex said:

Startled only by the Grineer's exclamation and apology, a collision would've surely happened had the runner not reacted as quickly as they did. With a 'swish!'-sound of the hovering engine of her frame, the Wisp glid to the side in suprise, next to the bench that Radou was sitting on. "Oh, whoops, didn't see you there!" she replied, scanning over the Grineer quickly. The Ostron flame stood out to her - they were people she liked to talk to. Occasionally.

"I'm Vydraixenne. And you're right, I don't know your name - but now I'm curious what kind of person you think I am." she said to Radou, sounding not at all offended, but rather intrigued and a bit teasing for putting the man on the spot like that. Not that she really cared what he thought of her. The fact that he was still sitting, yet she was hovering at standing height just made so much more glaring how she looked down to him, not with arrogance, but just the difference there was between what they were made of.

"Another individual who I have met." Radou said normally and keeps looking at Vydraixenne right now but did look at the Grineer for a moment and is going to look at the individual if this is going to speak. He recalled a quote written by somebody important and how fitting it still is but how so little amount of people actually think about it or have read it to begin with. Well, different people interpret things differently in general, so that is there too. Radou knows his place and has his own things to worry about.

5 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

"Another individual who I have met." Radou said normally and keeps looking at Vydraixenne right now but did look at the Grineer for a moment and is going to look at the individual if this is going to speak. He recalled a quote written by somebody important and how fitting it still is but how so little amount of people actually think about it or have read it to begin with. Well, different people interpret things differently in general, so that is there too. Radou knows his place and has his own things to worry about.

"Well, that's tactful," said the Grineer in an amused tone.  "You sound like you're on a first date, arranged by someone else."

21 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"Well, that's tactful," said the Grineer in an amused tone.  "You sound like you're on a first date, arranged by someone else."

Radou let out cough with mouth closed and had his eyes wide open looked at Vydraixenne for a moment and looks at the Grineer "No" Radou said in blunt manner and his eyes returned to normal state "I don't mind making friends though" Radou said in a bit more warm and honest manner. (Still regretting not speaking out, protesting against that decision. Most disgusting decision I have ever made in hindsight) Radou thought without showing it.

On 2020-12-10 at 4:51 PM, AlendasNaro said:

On 2020-12-10 at 10:27 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

4 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

Radou let out cough with mouth closed and had his eyes wide open looked at Vydraixenne for a moment and looks at the Grineer "No" Radou said in blunt manner and his eyes returned to normal state "I don't mind making friends though" Radou said in a bit more warm and honest manner. (Still regretting not speaking out, protesting against that decision. Most disgusting decision I have ever made in hindsight) Radou thought without showing it.

Vydraixenne chuckled at the scenario described by the Grineer, since it was so very absurd and far-fetched to her. "I really don't bother with dating and the like." she replied, agreeing with Radou's sentiment, but in a few more words. Then she glided over to the Grineer, and around her as if to inspect her, much like the curious trickster spirit of ancient folklore that she found her frame named after. This woman really seemed to have a very loose concept of what personal space was, with how she almost touched armor on armor.
"But how come you have such a vivid image of how an arranged first date would look like?" she asks in the same curious, teasing tone that Radou had to endure as well.

53 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

Vydraixenne chuckled at the scenario described by the Grineer, since it was so very absurd and far-fetched to her. "I really don't bother with dating and the like." she replied, agreeing with Radou's sentiment, but in a few more words. Then she glided over to the Grineer, and around her as if to inspect her, much like the curious trickster spirit of ancient folklore that she found her frame named after. This woman really seemed to have a very loose concept of what personal space was, with how she almost touched armor on armor.
"But how come you have such a vivid image of how an arranged first date would look like?" she asks in the same curious, teasing tone that Radou had to endure as well.

(Is she serious? Wait, of course she isn't) he thought but didn't show what he thought "Yeah, good question. Personal experience?" Radou asked in semi serious but not judging tone as there was small level of curiosity coming from him whether it was faked or honest is tough to tell (Not interested in these kind of games) Radou thought but yet again not showing what he was thinking.

2 hours ago, Owlrrex said:

1 hour ago, AlendasNaro said:

(Is she serious? Wait, of course she isn't) he thought but didn't show what he thought "Yeah, good question. Personal experience?" Radou asked in semi serious but not judging tone as there was small level of curiosity coming from him whether it was faked or honest is tough to tell (Not interested in these kind of games) Radou thought but yet again not showing what he was thinking.

The grineer smiled at the memory.  "Yes, actually.  It always surprises people to hear it."  She stepped back slightly from Vydraixenne's swirl around her.

7 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

The grineer smiled at the memory.  "Yes, actually.  It always surprises people to hear it."  She stepped back slightly from Vydraixenne's swirl around her.

"Well, as it was already said. This is not a date set up by third party. We are just talking to each other" Radou said somewhat bluntly but with level of honesty in his voice "You are not the first and definitely not going to be the last to misinterpret or misread my intentions what comes on what I say" Radou said normally and in understanding manner there is a hint of empathy on his voice but it sounded quite passive. (I find it unlikely that Nightwatch know much about my past but they might have some tidbits of me they probably are not entirely sure, are of me) Radou thought without showing what he was thinking.

13 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

12 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

3 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

"Well, as it was already said. This is not a date set up by third party. We are just talking to each other" Radou said somewhat bluntly but with level of honesty in his voice "You are not the first and definitely not going to be the last to misinterpret or misread my intentions what comes on what I say" Radou said normally and in understanding manner there is a hint of empathy on his voice but it sounded quite passive. (I find it unlikely that Nightwatch know much about my past but they might have some tidbits of me they probably are not entirely sure, are of me) Radou thought without showing what he was thinking.

Vydraixenne seems a bit disappointed as the Grineer takes her distance, but doesn't pursue and stays on her spot for now - which of course means that while she's hovering, she's not actually still: Swaying left and right, turning around, ever restless.
"I can't imagine the Grineer to be busy matchmakers - was it something after you left?" she inquires with a quite gossipy curiosity, which is kind of cut short by Radou's eagerness to cut the topic off.
"Well yeah, we totally aren't an item." So much for her staying in a spot - off she is again, floating behind Radou, to put her hands on his shoulders and posing behind him in a generic 'cute' pose. "Do you think we look nice together, though?"

28 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

Vydraixenne seems a bit disappointed as the Grineer takes her distance, but doesn't pursue and stays on her spot for now - which of course means that while she's hovering, she's not actually still: Swaying left and right, turning around, ever restless.
"I can't imagine the Grineer to be busy matchmakers - was it something after you left?" she inquires with a quite gossipy curiosity, which is kind of cut short by Radou's eagerness to cut the topic off.
"Well yeah, we totally aren't an item." So much for her staying in a spot - off she is again, floating behind Radou, to put her hands on his shoulders and posing behind him in a generic 'cute' pose. "Do you think we look nice together, though?"

Radou just decided to play along this, giving a warm smile to the Grineer as if ready for a photo or something it doesn't look out of place. Despite Vydraixenne placing her hands on his shoulders he still remained quite calm. (Reminds me of the stuff my commander got into when in human colonies. Always trying to at least a get kiss from a lady and granted he was successful even if he wasn't the most charismatic of individuals I have met) Radou thought without showing it to others.

After Thraks felt like he had taken enough sips of the grineer "kola", he decided that he was done being in the moon recreation room. It was a bit too quiet for his taste and he wouldn't mind some social interaction. He didn't even bother putting on his mask as he had no reason to wear it. With that in mind, he started to wander around the halls of the moon wing, looking for a social gathering of some sort.

11 hours ago, Owlrrex said:

10 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

Radou just decided to play along this, giving a warm smile to the Grineer as if ready for a photo or something it doesn't look out of place. Despite Vydraixenne placing her hands on his shoulders he still remained quite calm. (Reminds me of the stuff my commander got into when in human colonies. Always trying to at least a get kiss from a lady and granted he was successful even if he wasn't the most charismatic of individuals I have met) Radou thought without showing it to others.

"snrk!  Yeah, you do."  The grineer motioned to the bench.  "Can I sit down here?  I finished my run, so I'm not in any hurry.  And I should probably ask your names."

On 2020-12-10 at 11:07 AM, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

*well despite being a well achieved person he tends to live in the shadow of his elder sister, who I have unintentionally based my appearance on her younger self. On top numerous flaws in his personality traits, his previous line of work made him a less than desirable person to be Around for many non Tenno if you understand what I am saying. In case you do not understand I am saying he was previously know for cutting the lives of many corpus and grineer short before armistice, as a result many don’t enjoy being around him. On top of that if you have not noticed there is a high concentration of both infested and sentient material comprising this ship which is also generally disliked by the populace.*

"So he has an older sister, huh. I can definitely relate. I have slaughtered numerous Corpus and Grineer as well. I hold a very strong personal score against them..." Kacilius slightly twitched in anger. "As for the Sentient/Infested material, I'm mixed in terms of feelings. On one hand, Infested material does interest me. On the other hand... I don't want to be rude to you, but I really hate Sentients." He removed his helmet, revealing his Emissary Hood.

17 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"snrk!  Yeah, you do."  The grineer motioned to the bench.  "Can I sit down here?  I finished my run, so I'm not in any hurry.  And I should probably ask your names."

"Go ahead" Radou said about the sitting "Name is Radou" Radou said looks at Vydraixenne for a moment then pays attention to the grineer.

19 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

1 hour ago, AlendasNaro said:

"Go ahead" Radou said about the sitting "Name is Radou" Radou said looks at Vydraixenne for a moment then pays attention to the grineer.

The Wisp shows no sign of wanting to sit, but she drifts back in front of the bench so they can all nicely see each other when talking - and instead of going around, she just does one lazy arc over the top to get there. It doesn't even look overly bragging - just mindlessly casual everyday business for her.
"I'm Vydraixenne - whoa, weird deja-vu." she introduces herself. "And I'm not here for Lunaro - just for the sights!"

10 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

"So he has an older sister, huh. I can definitely relate. I have slaughtered numerous Corpus and Grineer as well. I hold a very strong personal score against them..." Kacilius slightly twitched in anger. "As for the Sentient/Infested material, I'm mixed in terms of feelings. On one hand, Infested material does interest me. On the other hand... I don't want to be rude to you, but I really hate Sentients." He removed his helmet, revealing his Emissary Hood.

*yes it is ok, most human variants seem to hold a understandable discontent towards my kind*.  Shard walked over. “Hate to interrrupt Ted talks here but I have things to do back down on the ground so if you don’t mind I’m gonna make like a roller and bounce.”

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

*yes it is ok, most human variants seem to hold a understandable discontent towards my kind*.  Shard walked over. “Hate to interrrupt Ted talks here but I have things to do back down on the ground so if you don’t mind I’m gonna make like a roller and bounce.”

A what talk? ((TedTalks probably don't exist anymore XD)) Kacilius nodded. "No worries. I should go and unpack at my room now anyway." He smiled at Rex before placing his helmet back on. "I'll see you two later, perhaps?"

12 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

A what talk? ((TedTalks probably don't exist anymore XD)) Kacilius nodded. "No worries. I should go and unpack at my room now anyway." He smiled at Rex before placing his helmet back on. "I'll see you two later, perhaps?"

*well technically I am anywhere he is but yes I will possibly see you at a later date* 

Rex disappeared while shard stepped out of the airlock back onto the roof “Ciao, have fun unpacking.” And with that he was back to prowling the hotel.

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

*well technically I am anywhere he is but yes I will possibly see you at a later date* 

Rex disappeared while shard stepped out of the airlock back onto the roof “Ciao, have fun unpacking.” And with that he was back to prowling the hotel.

Kacilius waved as he walked out of Shard's Railjack. He yawned as he walked towards the wing of the Moon. It was somewhat a long day, and Kacilius was starting to get tired. He watched the stars fly past above the lunar atmosphere as he approached his room. It was a nice room, not too large and not too small. Kacilius opened the closet and placed his helmet on the shelf. His Equinox Prime opened, allowing him to step out of his frame. 

It was a strange sight to see a man walk out of a frame with a very Infested looking suit. The Emissary Suit was an Infested strand, but was surprisingly docile and benign. The constant use of frames, as well as the Infested byproducts within the frames, caused Kacilius' suit to slowly merge with the Infested material. Luckily, Kacilius was able to tame the suit, allowing him to freely use it without fear of becoming Infested himself. He removed the suit and changed into a t-shirt and pants. He yawned again and slightly threw himself on the bed. I need to sleep. It's been a long fight.

On 2020-12-13 at 2:28 PM, AlendasNaro said:

On 2020-12-13 at 3:35 PM, Owlrrex said:

The Wisp shows no sign of wanting to sit, but she drifts back in front of the bench so they can all nicely see each other when talking - and instead of going around, she just does one lazy arc over the top to get there. It doesn't even look overly bragging - just mindlessly casual everyday business for her.
"I'm Vydraixenne - whoa, weird deja-vu." she introduces herself. "And I'm not here for Lunaro - just for the sights!"

Esk sat down.  "My name is Esk, I'm exploring this great new thing called 'retirement.'"  She paused, looking quizzically at Vydra.  "Why deja vu?"

1 minute ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Esk sat down.  "My name is Esk, I'm exploring this great new thing called 'retirement.'"  She paused, looking quizzically at Vydra.  "Why deja vu?"

Radou would speak after Vydraixenne this time. He felt like the lack of sleep is slowly getting more and more unable to be resisted for now though it can not be seen from him. Once Vydraixenne had spoken "Welp, I will head to my own room now... It was a long trip with my ship and I need some rest" Radou said slightly tired and turned off the e-book. Stood up and stretched a bit.

Archived