Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favourite faction in Warframe?

Zahnrad

I'm curious to see what factions in the Warframe universe are favourites of players and what the reasons for it are.

Personally, my favourite is the Sentient.

A mix between technology and psuedo-organics they always fill a sense of unease when watching their movements. Looking like they should be more rigid yet their movements show a great degree of flexibility in their joints and other points in their body. I can't imagine it's easy to create totally unique sounds and vocalizations for a creature but the Eidolons are very distinct and unique to Warframe. Little Duck and Cephalon Cy referring to them as "Bugs" is a nice touch for in-universe the characters see their biology as completely alien.

The recent Sentient fighters are a great example of the uncanny physiology of the Sentient, appearing to slither through space.

Side note: the Sentient ramsleds don't appear to be in the Codex unfortunately.

However there is one issue which I consider a pretty major issue about the Sentient faction; that being I'm concerned the Sentient are quickly becoming the new "Infestation". For many of the same reasons the Sentient is my favourite faction, the Infestation used to be my favourite. I hope that the Infestation as a faction doesn't get swept under the rug, and DE have plans in place to make the Infestation and Sentients distinct, yet both creepy in their own rights. Given the Sentient has shown the ability to assimilate others into itself in some kind of surgery it begs the question how far should the Sentient be pushed until it oversteps the Infestation?

P.S. I wish we got to fight the Dax one day like in the trailer, but unless we have time shenanigans I doubt that will happen.

Edited by Zahnny

I like the corpus the most and I'd like to see some more lore from them. 

I also wanna know why theres are so few female corpus units running around.

I get that most of them are robots but we also have the crewmen? where are my crewwomen at?

Edited by (PS4)i7081277
  • Like 1

Just now, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Infested mostly because of the enemy design

If every enemy got an Infested variant it would be pretty nice to see how twisted each enemy would look like

Agreed.  I think before we get unique infested mutations independant from any existing enemy, we should flesh out the Infested to resemble more pre-existing characters. Such as the "tenno" (not sure what to call them, they're tenno, but not operator tenno) operatives we see on relays. In lore with the Ancient Healer codex from Simaris it seemed to indicate the Infestation can remember, and clone those it has assimilated. Including metals and materials since the Infested is techno-organic. Meaning it's totally in lore to see corpus looking units on a grineer ship.

• Like 2

Corpus hands down.

Love their weird af aesthetics. Lore potential ³ but naaaaah they won't give us any. Or there is non, because no frikk was given when creating them. At this point I just don't know anymore. I'd still love some of that Corpus lore... no matter if forced or not.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Infested mostly because of the enemy design

If every enemy got an Infested variant it would be pretty nice to see how twisted each enemy would look like

Make it like Halo 3 where live Grineer or Corpus gets turned into the Infested, though I bet they're just come out of a Infested Spawn pod like the Kavor Defectors.

4 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Corpus hands down.

Love their weird af aesthetics. Lore potential ³ but naaaaah they won't give us any. Or there is non, because no frikk was given when creating them. At this point I just don't know anymore. I'd still love some of that Corpus lore... no matter if forced or not.

The next update with Protea is supposed to offer some hefty corpus lore I think

34 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

The grineer because it seems like they all love to scream.

I mean, they're even cussing tenno when they don't know i'm around the corner listening. That's dedication. Oddly enough I have never done a grineer vs corpus fight where I didn't side with the Grineer. I only ever side with Grineer during invasions. I know it means nothing in the end but the duct tape and decay is fun, plus it feels sort of alien. Oh, Corpus tilesets (that i've seen so far) are superior in every way, though. The Grineer have nothing but darkscapes full of ruin, rot and desolation. Add to that a tenno showing up every fifteen minutes to slaughter everything in the area in a few minutes and run off with piles of their loot, and you really do get why they're so dour.

Sentients are definetly the most alien acting and looking faction i think it shows more how far DE has come design and art wise.

really wish the infested art and gameplay more reflected their nature as a all consuming viral plague i want to see chargers tear into corpus troops while the ancients hook them into their grasp and convert em into infested on the spot i want to see the corpses of the newly slain grineer start writhing on the ground and start growing tentacles that start dragging them towards their next victim. make em feel like they are an actual spreading infestion not just grotesuqe looking corpus/grineer

1 minute ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

The next update with Protea is supposed to offer some hefty corpus lore I think

I hope so, my dude, I really do.

But at this point I won't get my hopes up.

In the end I want some of the existing Corpus protagonists in the spotlight. I don't want them to add any new characters that will end up being forgotten anyway.

I mean... I guess it's egoistic to want your favs in the spotlight.... but I wanna know more about Darvo and Frohd Bek. Or at least Nef Anyo and Ergo Glast (muh avatar huehuehue). AladV already had his time in the spotlight a dozen of times (I don't mind... Alad V is an interesting char). No... I'd be really disappointed if this is solely to introduce a number of x where x >3 new characters.

Just my opinion.

I just think that continuously "teasing" a complex lore that might or might not exist  - and making it even more complicated looking without there being anything behind it,.... I don't like that.

Elaborate the story of existing characters please. At this point I don't even care who.

As someone who has recently binge watched halo lore, I would say the infestation is my favorite. A hyperintelligent, nearly unstoppable, disease consuming everything in its sight is the recipe for a perfect horror movie. There is something both unnerving and fascinating about the infestation. It has only one goal, to assimilate everything and everyone

I kind of like them all in different ways, but the Orokin win out: yes, they were the biggest sphincters the universe has ever known, but they made everything out of gold, and Lua and the Void are beautiful. I'm really digging the Sentient Tileset right now though, and it's nice they're finally becoming a major threat. 

Infested should be scarier IMO, Grineer are fun to kill, but ugly, and the Corpus are OK, but Nullifiers.. ugh. 

as for allied Factions, Red Veil all the way. no cost too great, no blood too precious!:redveil: