Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Shedu is underpowered!

-HG-Lair360

To keep it short, the Shedu is an 'endgame' weapon which requires you to go through quest after quest to aquire it. Once you got everything, you need to craft it and forma it.... guess what? No matter how much you tinker and mod the weapons to death, its STILL, yes "STILL" turns out to be underpowered and absolute trash!

No matter how much you tried to bump up the damage... its not even enough to kill a group of lv80 - 100 enemies. Even at lv130... its just trash....

DE, please fix the Shedu and make it great. It's an endgame weapon. Why neglect it?

My Build: https://imgur.com/bhYDKUp

• Like 1

Blast? Who actually mods for blast? You come out better modding for Viral. Also blast & high tier enemies dont go in the same sentence. Experiment with the simulacrum with different mods suggested here. You will find your weapons performing better than this underwhelming build.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lair360 said:

All elements should be equal and have some advantages instead of being useless.

No, they shouldn't. By your own logic all element types should be exactly the same then no? This has less to do with blast being a useless element and more to do with your build being utterly naff...

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase

You can't blame the weapon to be bad when using Serration + Heavy Caliber, and modding Blast...

il y a 1 minute, Man_In_Suitcase a dit :

No, they shouldn't. By your own logic all element types should be exactly the same then no?

He is right on that though, all element should be useful for their own purpose and somewhat equals if used well. It make absolutely no sense to have different element types if some are better than other. It's absurd to see toxin is almost a straight upgrade of gas, and it's even worst to see how good viral is right now while blast, puncture, cold, magnetic, etc... are barely usable.

• Like 1

That build isnt gonna perform well. I suggest adding hunter munitions +viral tandem for elementals, if not use ur typical corrosive and replaced the other mods with vital sense and bladed rounds. The shedu is a really good weapon and Ive never had trouble with it killing 180s at a decent rate. 

So, concerns about OP's build and weapon statistics aside, I do think this is a good place to point out that Shedu does have one very notable flaw: Its self-stagger.

While I'm sure many people will come out of the woodwork to say that self-stagger is annoying on all explosive weapons and surely begin to either flip my argument into buffing Kuva Brahma or chastise me on "not getting" why self-stagger exists, I want to ignore all that and take this opportunity to highlight why it's bad design for Shedu in particular.

Shedu's bonus effect is that when its clip is fully expended, it releases a radial wave to knock enemies back and, against Sentients, clear their adaptations to damage. The problem is that the bonus effect is a point-blank wave, so in order for it to have any effectiveness, you have to be within a certain radius of the target and empty the clip in one burst... but if you're too close before that final shot, you self-stagger and the entire clip reloads without any blast wave. 

There is a sweet spot range where you can safely shoot the target and still hit them with the radial wave, but based on testing it seems the radial wave may not actually inflict knockback/resistance clear over the entire supposed 20-meter radius, and the amount of precision it requires to calculate on the fly is kinda ludicrous. Most of the time if you want to utilize the wave, what you're really going to do is stand next to the enemy and blast at some point far off in the distance so you don't get staggered.

I think that mechanic fundamentally requires some re-evaluation.

Edited by Archwizard

use this build https://overframe.gg/build/new/2885/shedu/?bs=WzEsMjg4NSwzMCwxLFtbMCwwLDBdLFs2MTEsMTAsMl0sWzU5MiwzLDBdLFs2MjYsMTAsMV0sWzU4NCw1LDBdLFs2MzYsNSwxXSxbNjI0LDUsMF0sWzYyNSw1LDBdXV0=

(the last slot can be heavy caliber, hunter munition, your riven...)

with this, you can kill ennemis level 100. or even more, if they don't have armor.

but it is true that the Shedu is not very strong. the Acceltra is far better.

Edited by GKP_light

Viral/Hunter munitions makes it scale way better But I also really love Gas/Corrosive. It’s a nice combo that you usually can’t make, and provides a nice AoE experience. Highly recommend building for crit, even if you don’t have a riven. But yeah I wouldn’t say no to a buff 

Swap out Thermite Rounds for Malignant Force, Heavy Caliber for Point Strike, and Vile Acceleration for Fast Hands.

Congratulations, you now have an armor-melting, viral-spewing, AOE cannon with infinite ammo.

Gas and Corrosive is also a good combo.

Edited by Reppuzan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, lair360 said:

The Shedu is underpowered!

tbt.gif

WhimsicalRespectfulCheetah-size_restrict

The Shedu is an 'endgame' weapon

... Only you to think that there's actually "endgame" in Warframe...

its not even enough to kill a group of lv80 - 100 enemies. Even at lv130... its just trash...

We all know already that you're unable to properly mod a weapon that's effective against 3 different factions at the same time. Your build link already showed that to us all.

Come back after you've fixed the mistakes on your build and only then we'll make an effort to believe you.

Edited by Uhkretor

You know, all I see is players saying the same / similar things without any build diversity. It just narrows down to one build. Why restrict gamers to this?

Hunter munitions + Viral.

Hunter munitions + Gas/Corrosive.

Bramma, hunter munitions.
Vaykor Hek, hunter munitions.
So... Anything with reliable crit chance and damage. You HAVE TO put it on... sigh...

What I see here is... there is no love for explosives, fire, cold or magnetic? What is going on and why trashing these elements? There should be a balance and incentive to use these elements instead of being bind to, for example: Viral Elements?

P.S. By the way, my riven already has crit chance + status chance. Also, why can't I use blast for a change and have some fun being different? Why being meta and every has to follow the viral / gas / corrosive... seriously.

Edited by lair360

People are suggesting alternate damage types because they perform better than what you've set up. 

Blast isn't necessarily going to ruin a weapon, but if you're ONLY doing blast damage you're cutting yourself short. With the changes to how status works, blast is not near as effective as some of the others.

The way I see it your reluctance to take the advice of others is the biggest issue here. We've put thousands of hours into the game and know how the mechanics work exceptionally well. Take advice from those with more knowledge than you and you'll advance much faster than if you struggle blindly.

Personally I wouldn't stick a fire rate mod on the shedu as I find the default fire rate pretty comfortable. I don't use Hunter Munitions on any of my weapons (not a big fan of it tbh) and never have any issues with the current endgame content. If you're building your weapons correctly then there really shouldn't be a problem. Target enemy weaknesses and you'll do significantly more damage. Also try slapping a faction damage mod on there and see your results. The faction damage mods are criminally underrated.

Check this for reference to your damage types Damage Wiki

vor 1 Minute schrieb lair360:

This is the close I can get to kill level 100 enemies...

https://imgur.com/a/KXs0hbq

You shoud replace the "heavy caliber" mod with "vital sense". On this way you increase the damage of critical hits by 120%. Or you switch it with "vice acceleration". 

Imo you shoud also add the mod "point strike" (+150% crit. chance) to increase the crit. chance to 96%. Thanks to the higher crit chance will the chance of a critical slash proc from hunter munition increase from 17,64% to ~29%. Doesn't sound much but it makes a difference, because slash procs ignore armor. 

vor 12 Minuten schrieb lair360:

This is what I did, I gave up on vile acceleration...

https://imgur.com/a/EjiKWhE

It fires slower. But still hit lv115 enemies, okay....

It could be much more effective, if you swap the mod "point strike" (+150% crit. chance) with "vital sense" (+120% crit. damage). Because of your riven which already increase the crit. chance is the "vital sense" mod more affective.^^

Bad example (imaginary weapon):

Spoiler

Base stats.

• damage: 5
  • crit. chance: 25%
  • crit. damage: 2.0
  • firerate: 10
  • dps: 62.5

with Point strike +riven mod (+135.2%):

• crit. chance: 96,3%
  • crit. damage: 2.0
  • dps: 98.15

with Vital sense +riven mod (+135.2%):

• crit. chance: 58.8%
  • crit. damage: 4,4
  • dps: 149,96

If I'm not wrong you should be able to increase the potential damage of your weapon by ~53%. (btw. same princip with slash procs from hunter munition)