Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus nerf

XtremeDeath22

What? In what way can an optional mod addition be a nerf? I didn't read about any changes to Nidus himself.

Maybe don't use the mod? I might not, since I like his other augment more. The one which allows me to stack multiple times per enemy. Maybe I'll even use both, who knows.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

NOOO MY FAVOURITE FRAME!

At first I thought this was a super interesting buff but after testing it this is a harsh blow for Nidus. 

He was already way too specific in being used almost exclusively for survival/endurance runs. He needed a mod to enable him to function in other game modes, not one to make that worse. 

😭

discussion wolf GIF

Edited by -SkoomaPrince-
  • Like 3

You sure DE is so lowdown that they secretly nerfed Nidus' damage?

Since the mutation icon doesn't show any numbers when stacks go over 100 with the new augment, you might have more than 100 stacks thus dealing more damage. Whereas the one without augment is just plain old 100 stacks max, hence the damage never go more?

• Like 4

Well perhaps it was a mistake. Perhaps they had intended for the damage to scale beyond his normal range, but an error on their part meant they simply stretched his normal damage scaling over 300 stacks rather than 100+200 bonus stacks. 

We'll wait and see I suppose. 

3 hours ago, XtremeDeath22 said:

with augment 

unknown.png

without augment 

unknown.png

the damage is lower than before the update

You're going to need more than that to prove it. All you've done is prove that the augment is doing exactly what it was designed to do. Do you have proof of the damage before this update? Did you drop a power strength increasing mod to use this augment?

You do know how nidus's abilities work, correct? You gain increased damage per stack not by a percent of your max stacks (seeing as you're at max stacks). Increasing your max stacks by 3x is going to make you deal way more damage. I don't memorize his numbers so I won't say you're wrong, but you're also not proving that you're right, unless i'm missing something.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, XtremeDeath22 said:

with augment 

unknown.png

without augment 

unknown.png

the damage is lower than before the update

Doesn't Virulence scale off of the amount of stacks you have? And the new augment gives Nidus more stacks, and you seem to have a full amount in both images so... are you sure it's a nerf?

Also, if you do believe it to be unintentional, it would probably be better to report it in the Bug Forums instead of Feedback.

• Like 2

This is from the wiki

Virulence's total damage uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Strength and Mutation stacks:

Amplified Damage = Base Damage × (1 + Ability Strength rank bonus + Ability Strength) × (1 + Number of Stacks)
  • With a maxed Mod TT 20pxIntensify, 15% Ability Strength rank bonus, and 100 stacks, rank-3 Virulence's total damage will be increased to:
    200 × (1 + 0.15 + 0.3) × (1 + 100) = 29,290 damage (decimals are rounded down to the nearest whole number during calculations).

"Number of stacks" The augments give more stacks so Logic means it DOES MORE DAMAGE. The damage is still the same as before the update only difference is the max stacks.

Augment in question

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Abundant_Mutation

notes on wiki: "Damage from Virulence130xDark Virulence and maggots spawned from Ravenous130xDark Ravenous scales with the increased max stacks."

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean