Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha Prime Design Speculation

5 hours ago, Bryuf said:

While that is true for many of the older prime frames (frost, rhino, ember etc.) I'm 90% sure that all prime frames since Nekros or earlier have their completely own model. It is of course highly similar to the original because they're supposed to be alike, but if you look at frames like zephyr, chroma and wukong compared to their primes there are some pretty big differences aside from some prime details slapped on the baseframe.

Oh I wish... There are some normal-map differences that they do by trimming back the fat, but that's kind of it. If you have time, try just clicking back and forth between the base and the Primes in the select menu, where they don't have differences in Stance or similar. You'll be amazed at how different they can make a frame look just by changing the shape of a 'jacket' or leg/shoulder/chest plates.

Zephyr looks so different because they cut out the stabiliser fin from her crotch and trimmed back the chest plate a bit. To be more specific, they put on a hip-wrap that visually makes her waist smaller, toned back the upper thigh fins into the Orokin gold to make them look smaller in proportion, the knees they did the same, the calf fins they turned into the jets, then there's the smoother, connected torso plate that is just a difference of position on the base Zephyr's one it's just trimming back on the bulk there to give more visual curve... The shoulders are just the same treatment as the knee plates, and then the only real addition is the neck ruff to change how the shoulder-to-head proportion is being read. I mean, in terms of visual effect it's genius, and compared to Frost and Excal it's a geometric improvement. But it's still just taking the base model and changing it up with basic additions.

Even Wukong, who appears to have much better proportions, technically doesn't, they've just adjusted back and forth with minor additions and subtractions to make him look less strange than his base.

They have a vested interest in making sure that the Tennogen and non-Deluxe skins function with the Prime models, it's something they consider every time now.

And while I really would like to see it differently... from a practical standpoint, that's what DE are going to do.

• Like 1

I would love a not bulky prime so we can switch between the masculine deluxe and the feminine prime.

If the prime has a more bulky take similar to the deluxe, i doubt it will be better than the deluxe and i probably won't end up using it.

• Like 2

On 2020-05-28 at 5:31 AM, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

We have something like 2 months till the next pa?

1 month if everything is still on track. The pandemic may say otherwise, but only time will tell.

On 2020-05-28 at 6:34 AM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

#GiveNezhaPrimeASkirt

Cause let's play up the femininity of the God nezha that the frame is based off of.

This is my personal opinion: Hell no. He's a teenage boy, not a girl. Give him a slim but fit, yet godly approach. I want a masculine Nezha.

On 2020-05-28 at 9:08 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

It's all very well to speculate, but you have to be practical.

DE have never made a Prime that wasn't just additional stuff added on to the base model. This is so that they can still use the Immortal and Tennogen skins.

Whatever design Nezha Prime will come with, all it will do is make additions in the same way that Ivara has just a skirt and extra armour pieces, Mesa has chaps and a slightly buffed butt-cleavage and so on.

Wukong Prime? Equinox Prime? Etc. But yeah, they most likely won't go the Deluxe route, which will give us more variety since I doubt his Deluxe can be topped anyway. I just hope they trash the feminine aesthetic and make him godlike, since he's - you know - a god.

On 2020-05-28 at 9:13 AM, (NSW)Spektr3 said:

Nezha prime

77gW.gif

xD

On 2020-05-28 at 10:39 AM, Magus_Tahir said:

Much of that can be attributed to the increase of technological capacity and software they are using to better articulate the artist vision they have a lot more tools nowadays to create versus they did back then.

It's quite possible one day if it ever came up that older Prime frames might get an artistic refresh. But that's just mere speculation on my part however.

Maybe. In my opinion, it's just a different art direction. Of course I don't know this, but my belief is artwise, they originally wanted prime frames to just be a direct upgrade visually, so they slapped a few extra shiny bits on them. Now, they want to make a prime something more important - more unique, but still stay true to the frame. As an artist myself, this comes from my experience of evolving different characters and styles. But it may be both, or yours - this is just my speculation.

On 2020-05-28 at 12:13 PM, Magus_Tahir said:

Oh yes definitely looking forward to Inaros Prime I'm kind of curious what direction they'll take with it possibly looking at a different Egyptian god aesthetic maybe Ra perhaps.

Let's be honest what I'm really looking forward is Baro Ki'teer's reaction. First time you appear to Baro in Inaros Prime he better give you something for free.

Agreed. Maybe they'll go towards an Osiris look based off of mythology. Maybe even a Seth look, given Seth is shown as evil. Or maybe Apophis, though I doubt DE wants to go a giant evil serpent route with a humanoid immortal pharaoh. Idk, but I'm also definitely hyped for Inaros Prime and the direction they could be going with him. I only hope they rework him for his PA, though he would be hype enough for a rework not to be as financially necessary/incentivizing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Wukong Prime? Equinox Prime? Etc. But yeah, they most likely won't go the Deluxe route, which will give us more variety since I doubt his Deluxe can be topped anyway. I just hope they trash the feminine aesthetic and make him godlike, since he's - you know - a god.

Nezha takes the form of a child. It would be weird to make him "masculine," besides the fact that there's nothing wrong with boys that have a more feminine appearance. 

On 2020-05-28 at 12:21 PM, Bryuf said:

I'd pay solid plat for visually reworked frost prime (And the rest of frames too, I guess) but I'm not sure it's ever gonna happen, unfortunately

Never say never.

On 2020-05-28 at 12:22 PM, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

It should be Anubis( I REALLY want a Primed Anubis helmet) Hopefully they give him an Alternate helmet like they did with Mesa. I was hoping they would do Alternate Primed Helmets for more frames after that.

Hopefully more Tennogen too. Again I'm biased 🤣

He already has an Anubis aesthetic with his deluxe, but I wouldn't be opposed to his prime keeping that aesthetic.

23 hours ago, OneYenShort said:

v1.bjsyMzI5NjE3O2o7MTg0NzY7MTIwMDsyMDQ4O

Yeah... Not really sure what to think of your Nezha there.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ne_zha_2019

Watch it till the end, trust me. Then you'll see exactly what I hope they do with Nezha's Prime. Or did, since the design is most likely already complete.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Nezha takes the form of a child. It would be weird to make him "masculine," besides the fact that there's nothing wrong with boys that have a more feminine appearance. 

It's just a matter of preference when it comes to what we want his prime design to be. DE is the ultimate decision makers, but it's still fun to speculate and see everyone's wishes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Watch it till the end, trust me. Then you'll see exactly what I hope they do with Nezha's Prime. Or did, since the design is most likely already complete.

Worth watching?  The inital graphic design didn't do much for me.  What I really need right now is non drama and light hearted.  Been watching too many serious shows as of late.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OneYenShort said:

Worth watching?  The inital graphic design didn't do much for me.  What I really need right now is non drama and light hearted.  Been watching too many serious shows as of late.

Then I gotchu. Check out the poster art here https://www.wellgousa.com/films/ne-zha

The one where's he's face to face with the enemy.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

On 2020-05-27 at 2:13 PM, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I'm just so HYPED for my main to get himself a good ole shiny polish. Let's all just speculate hit design or what we wish it to be and anything else about our good big ball fire boi!

I'm honestly unsure if they can beat out his Deluxe, but that's the route I want them to go with him. Hopefully we get additions to his passive. As much as I love sliding, Nezha, alongside other frames have really outdated passives. The fact there is an augment to remove it kinda shows that too. But back on topic, I wonder what they'll do for his fire wheels design-wise. Like, if they go the route they've been going and put it into his legs, or if they do something else. So many awesome possibilities!

I'll just leave this here