Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo leveling

(XBOX)CaptainSeth5423

Question

11 answers to this question

I use Oceanum, Pluto for weapons and frames, but if I have access to the abilities of the frames (after formaing, for example), I do ESO. Zabala, Eris is also a nice place for Frames, considering the amount of Ancients spawning there and the Dark Sector affinity boosts.

If you have a frame or weapon that you hate using you can equip them and run some Railjack missions. I tend to do Rian Belt in Earth Proxima as it is very quick, has no away team requirement and is very easy to do solo. Just make sure you take out the crew ships with your artillery before they can launch ram sleds.

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain that the number of enemies and their spawn frequency scales with the number of players in the mission.  Which isn't to say that it's not valid to level solo, but just be aware that you will be leveling at roughly 1/4 the speed you would be with other players.

In addition, if you want to level a weapon solo, most techniques will require you to get kills with that specific weapon.  When you get a kill with a weapon, none of your other weapons get affinity from that kill, and Warframe power kills also don't award affinity to weapons.  However, in a group, the kills your teammates get will award affinity to your weapon.  This is another reason leveling weapons will be slower solo.  But at least if you understand the rules, you can know how to maximize your affinity gain in both solo and group contexts.

Resource: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Affinity

It's nice to level solo. However do spend some time leveling with others because there will come a time when solo leveling is no longer ideal. For example, archwing weapons. I hate leveling those because I can't archwing properly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Reason said:

Sleepquinox on Adaro is amazing. Sleep everything, use the stealth xp bonus. You can level up any melee weapon from 0-30 in 1-2 runs, depending how efficient and lucky you are. 

This is by far the most efficient way to level things as a solo player. It works with melee and ranged weapons, but takes some practice. Use enemy radar mods and make sure you sleep enemies before they see you. Stack range and duration, use rest & rage augment. Make sure your companion isn't attacking enemies.

The downside is you need to make sure enemies die in 1 hit, which may not be possible with some weapons (especially if you're low MR and therefore don't have much mod capacity). The other downside is you can't level a different frame at the same time, but for a suitable weapon you can max it extremely quickly.

• Like 1

Solo, I've done a lot of sedna spy.  I even did them with unmodded equipment in the old days.  It's not especially efficient compared to other (group) options, but on the plus side, you really learn how to move around in the game, if just to avoid damage.  On the other hand, it took me about 10 minutes to max out a baro weapon in SO with a squad this last weekend (though the frame was already potato'd and everything.)

I usually do 40-60 minutes of Derelict Survival with Khora and a smeeta Kavat (grants affinity bonuses). Use Pilfering Strangledome for survival modules. Getting a weapon to rank 20 pre-bonus means it's time to extract.

For solo Archwing weapon/Archwing leveling... 8-10 rounds of Caelus, Uranus will get you pretty close to max rank.

EDIT: P.S. Rank 20 pre-bonus means it's rank 30 with bonus (assuming you started at rank 0).

Edited by nslay