The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.2

[DE]Megan

41 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed the ability to skip transition cinematic in the Jackal Arena fight due to resulting in many broken states.

The scene where players directly attacks is to shoot the leg and use Parazon.
The rest is spent in redundant laser time and non-skippable movies.           
Is it the intended design that takes longer to produce than a battle?       
Players have to go through missions multiple times for RNG, and this production is redundant.    
I don’t deny the attitude that emphasizes flavor and visuals. But don't throw away your playability.

1 minute ago, VentiGlondi said:

Wisp's sprint animation causes secondary weapons to rotate in her hands.

It's been like this since she was updated to use floating animation while wielding melee.

I've had the same problem after meleeing and then quick switching back to my Corinth

I was ember btw, and i think it's also with oberon. I also forgot to take a pic because it returns to normal after reload.

15 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

If it was any longer I might agree with you. As it stands, it's short enough that I judge it under the rules of "loading screen" rather than "cutscene". Five unskippable seconds won't kill you

beraing in mind that to get all the drop you'll have to fight this boss over

and over

and over

and over

and over....

you get the idea. "5 unskippable seconds" adds up when you have to do it 100 times, and you're fighting the boss for less time than you're twiddling your thumbs watching cutscenes or waiting for invulnerability periods to end.

I'm sure they'll add the skip back eventually after they've sorted out the issues it causes and right now its just a temborary fix, but don't try to justify it and encourage them to not fix it, because it "is" an issue.

If you reach the extraction room before the treasurer spawns, they'll spawn inside of the extraction zone, won't leave, and their crown will be unobtainable if you're solo. They need to have some sort of pathing behavior that forces them to avoid the extraction zone entirely to prevent this from happening

5 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

beraing in mind that to get all the drop you'll have to fight this boss over

and over

and over

and over

and over....

you get the idea. "5 unskippable seconds" adds up when you have to do it 100 times, and you're fighting the boss for less time than you're twiddling your thumbs watching cutscenes or waiting for invulnerability periods to end.

I'm sure they'll add the skip back eventually after they've sorted out the issues it causes and right now its just a temborary fix, but don't try to justify it and encourage them to not fix it, because it "is" an issue.

The problem with this logic is, that applies to literally everything. The Ropalolyst cutscenes, those bug me too when I have to see them over and over, it's just fifteen seconds of particle effects. But the Jackal transition doesn't bug me, the game is saying "let me put you in the boss arena, and I promise no bugs if you let me just... There we go! Already done"

50 minutes ago, UltimatetlyANinja said:

I disagree. Cutscenes in any game serve to give context and flavor to boss battles. Warframe is no exception. You just want to speed run the boss without any interuptions in the most efficient way. And since not that many people have been complaining about cutscenes in warframe so far (as far as i have seen), your complain about this is as meaning full as a fly. Sorry to say but the cutscenes stay. The end.

And your opinion is more meaningful than a fly? If one desires to skip a cutscene, it should be possible. If you want to see one, then no one would stop you.

Not sure why, but after the update (not sure if it was the main 28.0 or a hotfix), the notes played by Octavia's instruments (Mallet, Resonator, Metronome) will sometimes be overwritten with other sound effects, causing beats to be skipped. Wasn't happening yesterday. I'm enjoying the update otherwise, though!~

6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The problem with this logic is, that applies to literally everything. The Ropalolyst cutscenes, those bug me too when I have to see them over and over, it's just fifteen seconds of particle effects. But the Jackal transition doesn't bug me, the game is saying "let me put you in the boss arena, and I promise no bugs if you let me just... There we go! Already done"

yes, it does apply to everything. That dosn't mean there's any problem with that logic at all.
Plus with the ropololist you're actually fighting the boss more than you're waiting for the game to let you play again, and same with exploiter, you're playing more than you're watching and the cut scenes are actually fun. But in this boss they feel like they take up the entire fight while you occasionally have to push a button or two to make things move forward, they just feel like padding. but all of the cutscenes should be skipable after you've seen them once.

Being forced to watch them over and over again until you hate them sullies any previous enjoyment you may have gotten from them, and makes the game less fun. I don't want to see every future boss go down the same design path.

3 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

yes, it does apply to everything. That dosn't mean there's any problem with that logic at all.
Plus with the ropololist you're actually fighting the boss more than you're waiting for the game to let you play again, and same with exploiter, you're playing more than you're watching and the cut scenes are actually fun. But in this boss they feel like they take up the entire fight while you occasionally have to push a button or two to make things move forward, they just feel like padding. but all of the cutscenes should be skipable after you've seen them once.

Being forced to watch them over and over again until you hate them sullies any previous enjoyment you may have gotten from them, and makes the game less fun. I don't want to see every future boss go down the same design path.

idk man, having a less than 5 sec transition from room to room while fighting the boss doesn't impede the fight imo. Plus the parazon finishers take less time than the exploiter finishers, and also are 5 seconds-ish long.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix.

Please find a way to revert this. Forced cutscenes and animations make the Exploiter Orb, Ropalolyst, and the new Jackal fight extremely boring and annoying after the first few attempts. There's a reason people disliked sitting through the Profit Taker dialogue from Little Duck for ages and we got a skip for that, and this Jackal fight is no different. Cutscenes anywhere in Warframe should be skippable without exception.

Of course they're gonna find a way to fix it. It's only like this because its buggy rn otherwise.

3 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Hang on, are you still talking about the cutscene where the Jackal gets picked up by a crane to move to the next room?

Did you guys accidentally remove the controller deadzone entirely for some configurations?  I'm on an Xbox360 controller on PC (yes, M+K is better, I use it due to disability/accessibility), I do not let Steam mess with my controller at all.  But I appear to have no deadzone, there's constant drift in one direction or another. My controller is in good condition and the joysticks are not loose, the game is just acting as though there's no deadzone set.

Once I get out of this crime scene where I can't access the menu I'll see if this is fixed by resetting controller settings/look to see if I've (hopefully) missed a deadzone customization option somewhere.

Edit:  Okay, not finding any customization option, and defaulting controller settings did not help. My controller's in good condition, my joysticks are not loose, the deadzone is just either extremely tiny or nonexistent.  😞  A deadzone customization option would be tremendously helpful.

Please fix protea parts drop rate. I got system bp from first try but then I have spent 3 hours trying to get chasis and helmet bot I didn't get them. By the way 2000 (or 3000) credits are completely disappointing for this type of mission. 

Anyways thank you for update, new jackal is pretty cool. 

Has anyone gotten the protea parts to drop from the T2 mission SINCE the most recent update? I've run the T2 mission a lot and no protea parts. I only ran the T3 mission a couple of times (5 or less so not nearly enough to know if there is a problem there). Before the most recent update, I got a drop from the T1.

love the stasis changes for pets but could we get some sort of categories? The companions menu is kind of a mess right now and it'd be great to be able to sort between pet types, just yknow kubrow, kavat, robot maybe? 

Amazing update tho, thanks for the continued hotfixes!

Archived