Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"AFK" Players

Senoirmeow

20 minutes ago, Senoirmeow said:

I never really Nuke in public in ESO as it ruins focus farming for people,

General question for anyone who can answer: Why does there seem to be a surge of people who don't understand how shared affinity works? 

I've run into a few people who were vocally upset with the Saryn or Volt in Hydron and said that they were trying to level up their gear. A couple of times people tried to explain the shared affinity to them but it should have been obvious. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

"Complicated mechanics"

What? Anyone who is even halfway observant, should realise very early on, that certain mission types where people bunch together levels gear faster. 

It's even noticeable on the starter planet, especially if a higher level player joins the defence. It goes faster and we do better together than if we were solo. 

How do people end up at Hydron in mid-level MR accounts and still not have an inkling as to that being a thing? 

31 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

General question for anyone who can answer: Why does there seem to be a surge of people who don't understand how shared affinity works? 

I've run into a few people who were vocally upset with the Saryn or Volt in Hydron and said that they were trying to level up their gear. A couple of times people tried to explain the shared affinity to them but it should have been obvious. 

farming focus with your weapon lens. 2020. you can't have the S#&$tiest year of the century without extra effort.

il y a 3 minutes, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

What? Anyone who is even halfway observant, should realise very early on, that certain mission types where people bunch together levels gear faster. 

It's even noticeable on the starter planet, especially if a higher level player joins the defence. It goes faster and we do better together than if we were solo. 

How do people end up at Hydron in mid-level MR accounts and still not have an inkling as to that being a thing? 

Well, as much as it is true, as soon as you say to people to "share XP", then, they go in their own corner of the map because they are egoists and want 100% of the xp for themselves. It's not how it works, it's not how any of it works.

22 hours ago, Senoirmeow said:

Is there anyway to prevent players going "AFK" in game and claiming rewards? I use the term in quotes because they move around but do literally nothing to assist with objectives or kills. I understand there is an idle limit in place so that you don't get affinity after so long of absence, but for the hundredth time, I've had players in bounties and elite sanctuary onslaught just hiding and not doing a single thing, onslaught I get, they miss affinity and focus sometimes, but the bounties is kind of annoying, especially when they make comments like "thanks for the free bounty/xp guys, ez XD" I wish there was a vote to kick option because it's becoming a pain. I've put up with it for so long because its a cooperative game, but when there's one or more players who do absolutely nothing it ruins the experience and deprives other players of finding a party. I can't have been the only one having this issue. Hate to be that guy complaining but I've had enough. 

In bouties, avoiding the main objective can be reported, all you need is pictures or a video showing his behavior while not doing the objective, common things are fishing and mining, do use common sense here, players do take time to reach the objective, don't expect blazing fast reactions from a newer player, don't do a "be here in 5 seconds otherwise you're leeching"

On other missions there isn't much you can do, because poor gameplay is still gameplay and is valid by support standarts, they can only punish or warn in clear violations, like afk gameplay (with or without kills)

In onslaught, hiding somewhere leads to afk gameplay so you can report aswell.

Do note that while poor gameplay isn't reportable, the player is punished from doing do, the grind, especially when hiting afk levels, increases dramatically, the player may be receiving a bounty reward, but the exp, the mods, the resources, the credits, the endo, they will all be unbalanced, meaning the user will need to play specific missions and spend more time in order to gain the same as other players.

You shouldn't bother too much asside from the afk gameplay, everything else and the player will never be worthwhile, the grind will be bigger and the probability of quiting the game starts to rise, remember that while the grind pushes many players away, it all starts with the player themselves, they push themselves away.
If you report for afk and the user is warned (which does happen), then they will most likely quit in an instant, it's the final tiping point.

6 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Well, as much as it is true, as soon as you say to people to "share XP", then, they go in their own corner of the map because they are egoists and want 100% of the xp for themselves. It's not how it works, it's not how any of it works.

shared XP means shared between frame and weapons.

if you dont do the kill there is XP for your weapons, if you do the kill with your abilities XP goes all to your frame. So nuker farms focus with his frame, and the other leech to lvl their weapons, try their build, take a coffee pause, whatever, who cares. If nuker goes public and sees another nuker and dont have a weapon to level dont worry, he wont lose his time he'll find another group.

Edited by Kaleeiv

4 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

On small maps we are always sharing xp. It's hard to find ways not to share the majority of our xp on maps like Hydron. 

7 minutes ago, Kaleeiv said:

farming focus with your weapon lens. 2020. you can't have the S#&$tiest year of the century without extra effort.

You mean they'd farm focus with only a single item while carrying a full set of gear? 

il y a 2 minutes, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

On small maps we are always sharing xp. It's hard to find ways not to share the majority of our xp on maps like Hydron.

Which is 99% of all the reasons why Hydron/Helene and ESO are that popular.

Most of the people CAN'T farm Xp in survival or else, but mostly because they CAN'T stand next to each other.

Edited by dwqrf

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You mean they'd farm focus with only a single item while carrying a full set of gear? 

yeah, that sounds very 2020. 

Well... everyone talking about people "doing nothing" when problem is people "doing everything".

If i enter ESO and a guy is carryng with 99.9% dmg, why i have to try to do something? Of course i just stick in an angle and waith to be carried...

Same concept for every other mission. When there are people that do everything in a mission, why should other people try to stop them? In that case i'm the first that like to stick in an angle, whatch the landscape, play with my pet and do absolutely nothing, or in case of "rush mission" just walk around taking the drop ending with 0% in each stat

il y a 1 minute, MollAgdeduba a dit :

Well... everyone talking about people "doing nothing" when problem is people "doing everything".

If i enter ESO and a guy is carryng with 99.9% dmg, why i have to try to do something? Of course i just stick in an angle and waith to be carried...

Same concept for every other mission. When there are people that do everything in a mission, why should other people try to stop them? In that case i'm the first that like to stick in an angle, whatch the landscape, play with my pet and do absolutely nothing, or in case of "rush mission" just walk around taking the drop ending with 0% in each stat

Play Supports, like Oberon, Baruuk, and such. cast a few buffs that last forever, and let other people play. "I did my part" !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Play Supports, like Oberon, Baruuk, and such. cast a few buffs that last forever, and let other people play. "I did my part" !

i went with trinity once, i didn't have time to cast 2 on any mob... hush... they'll never know.

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

when you enter online you'll never know if you will be the carrier player or the carried one... sometimes you need to do the 99%, sometimes you need just to see other work for you... 

And now that i know, i'll also start to /w people with "thx for free exp" to see theyr forum post

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kaleeiv said:

shared XP means shared between frame and weapons.

if you dont do the kill there is XP for your weapons, if you do the kill with your abilities XP goes all to your frame. So nuker farms focus with his frame, and the other leech to lvl their weapons, try their build, take a coffee pause, whatever, who cares. If nuker goes public and sees another nuker and dont have a weapon to level dont worry, he wont lose his time he's find another group.

See this is an example. ☝️

Tenno this is how shared affinity actually works:

25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons (18.75% each for four weapons while Arch-gun is summoned through Archgun Deployer, 25% each for three, 37.5% each for two, or the full 75% if only one is equipped).

Any item with an equipped lens earns focus as a percentage of the affinity it collects. 

If you don't do the kill, both your weapons and frames still get affinity. With Nukers present, that affinity comes rolling in faster. Significantly faster. 

il y a 3 minutes, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

See this is an example. ☝️

Tenno this is how shared affinity actually works:

25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons (18.75% each for four weapons while Arch-gun is summoned through Archgun Deployer, 25% each for three, 37.5% each for two, or the full 75% if only one is equipped).

Any item with an equipped lens earns focus as a percentage of the affinity it collects. 

If you don't do the kill, both your weapons and frames still get affinity. With Nukers present, that affinity comes rolling in faster. Significantly faster. 

You forgot the important part :

If you kill with a Warframe spell, 100% of the xp goes to the frame.

If you kill with a weapon, 50% goes to the frame and 50% goes to the weapon.

If someone else in range make a kill, you share 25% of the xp on your frame and 75% divided between your weapons.

Aka, having only weapon equipped and doing nothing next to a friend level it up faster than anything else.

Edited by dwqrf

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

No, it's the way this game works - "cooperative" is flipped on his head in wf - here it means "I play public/with people because I need more drop chances, nothing else." 

That has literally nothing to do with what I said. He was implying that the only reason you play in a group is because you expect to get carried.

At least I think that’s what he was saying, it was very poorly worded and hard to understand so maybe I’m confused. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

it was very poorly worded and hard to understand so maybe I’m confused. 

In short he said - a person should be able to do everything solo and be proud to help others.The ones that get mad at players are the ones that can't do this. :end of translation
I just continued the logical path why is this situation and opinion in wf and why he is "right" in the context of the game.

carrying other is the way to repay from having being carried anyway. Too bad OP has experiences where nobody carried and thought it was worth a tantrum. I see those as a learning experience. I never learn much from speed runs

... but my weapons do

I'd say that someone who does 99% of damage,  if it's clearly an effort or gear imbalance issue.

For the effort part, it's unfair to the person doing the work. If it's obvious that people are on purpose useless (standing there, no support skills, energy pads, etc), I just leave and not bother anymore. I only report people being toxic, the afk people can enjoy dying alone after everyone ditched them at the end of the round.

For gear imbalance, the geared up player know they are dominating the field, so it's up to the lower geared people to stick around for the affinity or leave.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

In short he said - a person should be able to do everything solo and be proud to help others.The ones that get mad at players are the ones that can't do this. :end of translation
I just continued the logical path why is this situation and opinion in wf and why he is "right" in the context of the game.

Okay, fair enough, I believe I misunderstood. I don’t mind AFK players personally because it just leaves more kills for me which = more fun.