Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"AFK" Players

Senoirmeow

Is there anyway to prevent players going "AFK" in game and claiming rewards? I use the term in quotes because they move around but do literally nothing to assist with objectives or kills. I understand there is an idle limit in place so that you don't get affinity after so long of absence, but for the hundredth time, I've had players in bounties and elite sanctuary onslaught just hiding and not doing a single thing, onslaught I get, they miss affinity and focus sometimes, but the bounties is kind of annoying, especially when they make comments like "thanks for the free bounty/xp guys, ez XD" I wish there was a vote to kick option because it's becoming a pain. I've put up with it for so long because its a cooperative game, but when there's one or more players who do absolutely nothing it ruins the experience and deprives other players of finding a party. I can't have been the only one having this issue. Hate to be that guy complaining but I've had enough. 

• Like 8

In my opinion, if I was the main dps in ESO and I got pissed off with the afk players, I may just abort the mission then try to look for proper players in the recruit chat.

If I'm not that pissed off, I might complete the wave but not proceed to the next so the leeching ends there.

Try not to burst an artery over this. The afk players are not gonna be affected by your rage at them.

• Like 15

When I am the one who carry, like I have 80% of damage done and low MR or just players in general do nothing I just leave and leave them to it and I hope they fail the mission. It's really pisses me off so I just leave and do it solo afterwards or host my own game. 

Edited by Majkuss
  • Like 6

Vote to kick would cause several orders of magnitude more problems than it could possibly solve.

I agree, afk players are a pain.  To be honest, I rarely encounter them outside of hydron, but my experience is obviously different from you.

There are ways to limit it though.  Join a big clan or use recruiting being the obvious ones.  A big clan will normally have players you can team with and let's you meet players you can regularly do missions with and form friendships.  Much better than going with pub squads.

If you're host u can always abort, which isnt ideal but at least u know the afk player is going to get a nasty surprise.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

In my opinion, if I was the main dps in ESO and I got pissed off with the afk players, I may just abort the mission then try to look for proper players in the recruit chat.

If I'm not that pissed off, I might complete the wave but not proceed to the next so the leeching ends there.

Try not to burst an artery over this. The afk players are not gonna be affected by your rage at them.

I done that once in ESO, I was Mirage Prime and had 92% dmg between me and 3 others. The guy doing nothing made a sarcastic comment like "Looool, free xp easiest game ever, all i do is limbo dodge whooooo" I think he was fairly new to the game like MR9 or something like that I dont remember exactly. But I just said "Im not boosting you enjoy the game" and left.

Well... 2 minutes later I get a whisper with him saying im a terrible person, this and that etc etc, duel me in my dojo, dueeeellll me!!!! I didn't react and muted him. Only it got worse as it turns out he had quite a few pals on the game, all 9+ of whom whispered me directly, spamming me. So I had to mute them all. One even went as far as to make a new account to bug me on.

Guess I'll just stay silent from now on.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Vote to kick would cause several orders of magnitude more problems than it could possibly solve.

I agree, afk players are a pain.  To be honest, I rarely encounter them outside of hydron, but my experience is obviously different from you.

There are ways to limit it though.  Join a big clan or use recruiting being the obvious ones.  A big clan will normally have players you can team with and let's you meet players you can regularly do missions with and form friendships.  Much better than going with pub squads.

If you're host u can always abort, which isnt ideal but at least u know the afk player is going to get a nasty surprise.

I understand it could potentially cause players to just kick those they didnt like, but it would be cool if they left into their own instance and not back to the orbiter.

Unfortunately I already have a clan, populated solely by me until a month ago where I invited my long time friend and new player. So the options are fairly slim for me XD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Senoirmeow said:

I understand it could potentially cause players to just kick those they didnt like, but it would be cool if they left into their own instance and not back to the orbiter.

Unfortunately I already have a clan, populated solely by me until a month ago where I invited my long time friend and new player. So the options are fairly slim for me XD

One of the downsides of solo/small clans - u dont have contant access to hundreds of players to run missions with.   You can always make an effort to recruit more people, thereby giving you more options.  Or you can ditch the solo, or now duo, life and join a big clan, but you maybe dont want to do that if you've invested a lot into it, can be a lot to let go of.

I'm not really into discord much outside my own clan/alliance so dont know what options there are out there about joing diff servers to meet other players.  May also be worth looking into. 

don't go public? form a group to stick to your expectations? public is public.

you'll find only 2 type of players there: those who can solo and show off getting the max possible dmg% and those who count on those to be able to finish what they are here for.
Rarely you'll find a balanced party, and in most case that would be because some veteran is training his new weapons/frame and could rely on his skills/archgun etc if needed.

And if you were able to solo, you wouldn't be mad at people being carried.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Senoirmeow said:

all 9+ of whom whispered me directly, spamming me. So I had to mute them all. One even went as far as to make a new account to bug me on.

This would be good news to me actually. Coz now it's the opposite. Coz now they are raging and I'm oblivious to it. Let them burst an artery. Nine to one is a pretty good exchange.

Plus, I would take screenshots of their offensive chat. Once they stopped raging at me, I would report them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Senoirmeow said:

I done that once in ESO, I was Mirage Prime and had 92% dmg between me and 3 others. The guy doing nothing made a sarcastic comment like "Looool, free xp easiest game ever, all i do is limbo dodge whooooo" I think he was fairly new to the game like MR9 or something like that I dont remember exactly. But I just said "Im not boosting you enjoy the game" and left.

Well... 2 minutes later I get a whisper with him saying im a terrible person, this and that etc etc, duel me in my dojo, dueeeellll me!!!! I didn't react and muted him. Only it got worse as it turns out he had quite a few pals on the game, all 9+ of whom whispered me directly, spamming me. So I had to mute them all. One even went as far as to make a new account to bug me on.

Hell no don't do that, then they win. Be a nuisance like me instead to teach them a lesson. Doing bounties? Use loki or nova and switch teleport/wormhole them into the lake, doing Defense waves and carrying? Choose to go on to the next 5 waves to the last second and then leave, they'll likely fail the next 5 waves and lose all their xp. Interception? Go afk and watch them failing until they beg for help. ESO, go afk and watch the timer tumble. As you can tell I can't stand leechers, even if I want to level something in ESO I'll take a Rhino and boost the Saryn that's farming focus in there. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Senoirmeow said:

That's pathetic.

Dueling? Nikana Prime to the face it is.

2 minutes ago, SheikaVoid said:

To be honest, as long as I'm having fun, I don't mind "AFK" players, it just means more enemies for me to kill.  I don't even get irritated, I just leave the squad happy that I dealt the most damage, and earned top stats.

honestly if i had a leeching limbo in my group doing 8%, the first thing i'd do would be giving serious thoughts about getting a better build.

4 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

This is actually quite a good alternative to aborting halfway.

I did it a while back in a GOTL alert with lvl 75 interception. However instead of being afk, these guys were trying to kill everything and the reason they even could is because I was using a max duration slowva. And as you'd this meant I had to keep re-casting constantly and due to not staying on their points I also had to keep re-capturing them while they jumped around looting. So I asked them to please stop and just let me CC the map to which they replied rudely "it doesn't matter, you're not doing anything anyway, this is easy". I explained that was because they were moving at greatly reduced speed and with massive damage multipliers when they hit them to which I got more cheek so I went into my operator mode. I prevented them taking my point and watched as these lower MRs, 2 Inaros and a Valkyr, failed miserably to prevent the other 3 points being taken. By the time it got to 90% they were begging me to help and prevent us losing to which I replied "I can't do anything remember? I think I'll just solo it instead, cya" and watched the enemy percentage creep to 100 for mission failed. I got quite a few msgs after that lol.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, EvaSara said:

And if you were able to solo, you wouldn't be mad at people being carried.

It's not about carrying or being carried. It's about players joining missions who have lost the desire to play the game. It ruins the experience of other players. If you are burned out or don't enjoy Warframe, don't play. Don't expect other people to play the game for you. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

It's not about carrying or being carried. It's about players joining missions who have lost the desire to play the game. It ruins the experience of other players. If you are burned out or don't enjoy Warframe, don't play. Don't expect other people to play the game for you. 

except it is, if you're able to do things yourself you're pretty proud leaving others in the unit % dmg, and you only get mad at that when you expect others to help you aka you can't do it yourself and expect to be carried.

There is no such thing as pulling your weight in this game, it's binary, either you do it all either you don't even have an occasion to place a shot. At least in public mission. So there is a way to avoid leechers and do things with people at your level: Premade groups or solo. In public group you don't have the right to expect anything from anyone. Also 8% for an AFK limbo is a lot unless the 3 others didnt do much either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EvaSara said:

...Also 8% for an AFK limbo is a lot unless the 3 others didnt do much either.

Plus, a Limbo is there to shield an objective, not to do Damage. There are other valuable tasks beyond DPS.

• Like 5

2 часа назад, -CdG-Zilchy сказал:

take a Rhino and boost the Saryn that's farming focus in there

Please don't do that. Some Saryns have their ability strength at certain level for max comfort and effectiveness. By boosting damage you ruin their build.

• Like 1