The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Broken Codex scans

MaiNeym

Updated original post. I organized the list. Made an alt account to check which old entries are visible for new players. 
And added MACHINIST, DEMOLISHER MACHINIST, TOMB PROTECTO EFFIGY, TOMB GUARDIAN and TOMB PROTECTOR 

Edited by MaiNeym
  • Like 1

On 2020-10-06 at 2:32 AM, nerfinator6 said:

There's the Observation Drone (looks like an orange nemes or fusor drone from jupiter) from fortuna spy bounties as well.

Do you mean the enemy is no longer scannable or something, or that the codex entree is missing for this enemy?

• Like 1

On 2020-10-11 at 3:55 AM, nerfinator6 said:

Scannable, but missing from codex

Okay, I didn't really bother with those cause I knew there where quite a lot of those missing. But added it to the list now, and searched a bit for more scannable enemies that would make sense to be actually added to the codex.  
Most info I gathered was from these 2 threads:  

Edit: Maybe I'll try to dig deeper into this another time. But the main point of this bugreport is so all players can have the satisfaction of 100% completing the codex.

Edited by MaiNeym
  • Like 1

Some more scannable things that have no entries in the Codex:

Corpus Containers floating around on Salacia, Neptune (they seem to be different from the normal ones).

Granum Crown Canisters dropped by Treasurers. A different type for each type of Crown. They break instantly on the ground, needs Vauban's Vortex or something similar to keep them afloat for a scan.

Reactive Crystals on Deimos. (The pylons). My Helios scanned way more than 20, so pretty likely there's a separate entry for each type, so 8 total. Plus the ones in the Iso Vault.

The Radiators on the outside of Railjack side objectives.

The entrance of Orokin Derelicts in the Veil in Railjack.

Allied Necramechs that roam around on Deimos during Vome. (The broken ones during Fass have an entry, although missing an icon).

Void Shades (summoned by Misery).

Edited by Murox

its not that all these things mentioned above dont matter but why not focus on the reel matter at hand for once ? It comes in three parts , first correct the Fortress Scanner of the Kuva Forteress tile ,

secondly tell us who the Corpus is between Shield Osprey Eximus and Shockwave Moa and third implement those 8 last Infested Deimos correctly and we are good.

The rest is pretty much all uncovered. Then; the Codex is still a long way from perfect but it would give a new sense to those who care.

to all: If  there are news on any of these 3 things at hand please let me know.

On 2020-10-19 at 1:59 PM, Murox said:

Some more scannable things that have no entries in the Codex:

Thanks, linked your comment as well. I'm hesitant to make a complete list cause idk what the best approuch is. Some things obviously have no reason to be in the codex, but perhaps making them unscannable would break things.  

E.g. All the different syndicate operatives have different scans, so they would clutter the codex. But making them unscannable so some npcs don't show up on your scanner would be worse imo.

PS: about the fallen necramech, I thought the broken and roaming necramechs share the same codex entry. But will have to double check that another time.

On 2020-10-20 at 3:29 PM, -TSA-warramssie said:

its not that all these things mentioned above dont matter but why not focus on the reel matter at hand for once ?

Ye, that's why I split the post in categories. The bugged scans has higher priority then the others. But would be nice if the old entries get adressed as well at some point, so everyone can get the satisfaction of 100% completion. Cause I got the impression that's usually what the players who bother scanning want.

With all the other users their input, I figured to try making this a complete list about the codex. 

• Like 1

Cheers. I'll edit that one comment when I find/remember more.

3 hours ago, MaiNeym said:

PS: about the fallen necramech, I thought the broken and roaming necramechs share the same codex entry. But will have to double check that another time.

They might. I wouldn't say they are, just from the different names, but that didn't stop DE before. (Looking at you, Juno Combas).

• 5 weeks later...

In an update to this based on Deimos Arcana:

All of the Deimos Crawler/Eximus entries are gone, however the Swarm Mutalist Moa/Eximus is still there and still not a real enemy.

Deimos Leaper has been added to the codex, however the enemy now does not spawn anywhere.

All of the Deimos conservation animals are in the codex.

• Like 2

On 2020-11-21 at 12:28 PM, C-60 said:

Seems to be the right place to ask about this: Deimos Arcana added the codex entry for Deimos Leaper. Asking in another thread I was told that they used to spawn during Isovault bounty but has since been removed. Currently they don't seem to spawn anywhere, can anyone verify?

On 2020-11-23 at 12:34 PM, anarchy753 said:

In an update to this based on Deimos Arcana:

All of the Deimos Crawler/Eximus entries are gone, however the Swarm Mutalist Moa/Eximus is still there and still not a real enemy.

Deimos Leaper has been added to the codex, however the enemy now does not spawn anywhere.

All of the Deimos conservation animals are in the codex.

Removed deimos crawlers/animals from the list. And still no luck with those Deimos Leapers? I probably scanned them early on, but I think I saw a Deimos Leaper Eximus today in an Arcana T3 bounty. 

On 2020-11-23 at 9:52 PM, Takvahkiin said:

all of the demolysts are locked in my simulacrum, but I have most fully scanned in my codex.  Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

They show up fine for me. Did you just finished scanning them, or where they already completed before?

Spoiler

8hcqJGw.png

--------------------

I've yet to see: Basal Diploid Eximus, Deimos Jugulus Eximus, Feral Diploid Eximus, Mitosid Eximus.
But haven't finished some of their normal varients even, so probably just a rare spawn.

Edited by MaiNeym

10 hours ago, MaiNeym said:

Removed deimos crawlers/animals from the list. And still no luck with those Deimos Leapers? I probably scanned them early on, but I think I saw a Deimos Leaper Eximus today in an Arcana T3 bounty. 

They show up fine for me. Did you just finished scanning them, or where they already completed before?

Reveal hidden contents

8hcqJGw.png

--------------------

I've yet to see: Basal Diploid Eximus, Deimos Jugulus Eximus, Feral Diploid Eximus, Mitosid Eximus.
But haven't finished some of their normal varients even, so probably just a rare spawn.

There is no Deimos Leaper Eximus, or if there is, it has no codex entry.

12 hours ago, MaiNeym said:

And still no luck with those Deimos Leapers? I probably scanned them early on, but I think I saw a Deimos Leaper Eximus today in an Arcana T3 bounty. 

7 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Indeed. I'm sure I've seen Deimos leapers in vaults recently.

3 hours ago, -TSA-warramssie said:

Deimos Leaper Eximus > Yes , they wander around in Deimos too, not only in vaults.

After U29.5 I've spent hours underground in arcana vaults everyday doing bounties with Helios equipped, mostly T3, have not encountered a single leaper. I don't care much about the eximus since their codex entry does not exist, but I do want to complete the scans for the normal variant.

If anyone have confirmed sightings of leapers post U29.5 I'd appreciate any information you might have: Did you find them on the surface or underground? Was a bounty active at that time or not? If yes, which tier of bounty? 

I've spent this many hours not finding a single one (although admittedly I've spent overwhelmingly more time in arcana vaults), if they do spawn then probably they are the rarest normal enemy spawn in the game right now. If I have to scan them 30 times then I'd like to have as much information on their spawn behavior before even attempting to complete the entry.

12 hours ago, MaiNeym said:

Haven't seen the Deimos Jugulus Eximus either, but I completed the Mitosid Eximus and the related Basal/Feral Eximus scans when spamming T1 arcana bounty really early on after 29.5 dropped. Mitosid Eximus always spawn the corresponding Eximus halves upon death, so really you're just looking for Mitosid Eximus.

• Like 2

@C-60 Seems unlikely that you wouldn't get these deimos leapers scans after all that time. Especially since the only missions on deimos I've played since the update are the iso/arcana vaults (mainly T3). And I finished the deimos leaper scan early on without a problem.

Added it on the list, till someone can provide proof. I'm still fairly sure I saw an eximus variant, but maybe I mislooked or something changed so only the eximus can spawn? Don't have a lot of time to play recently, but I'll try to pay more attention, and see if I can take a screenshot.

About the jugulus eximus, I'll wait a little longer to see if someone gets a scan in the next couple weeks. Some eximus are just really rare. *cough* bailiff eximus *cough*

@MaiNeymDid you finish the scans before they were removed from isovault tunnels? With arcana, it seems like they just enable the codex entries for some enemies/creatures so if you had any  scans of a previously existing unit you don't have to redo the entry, like conservation targets for example. 

I'm not even sure that they're not spawning. Like I said, I'm open to the possibility that I've just been looking at wrong places the entire time, and now we have another sighting of an leaper eximus. The problem is (1) you would reasonably expect leapers to be one of the most common enemy type, they require 30 scans for crying out loud, (2) it's not like the surface is populated with them either and (3) others have also pointed out the lack of normal leaper spawns in the bug megathread.

So let's leave it at that. Appreciate the effort and any info you can share. In a couple of days' time it could very well turn out that I've been crying out over nothing, but for now completing the leaper scan remains a distant dream.

Also you might have noticed the 2 new fishes currently do not have a codex entry, I imagine they'd fix that...soon...

Edited by C-60
fishes

@C-60yes, probably scanned them before the change in iso vaults. It indeeds sounds like they got removed. And noticed a couple comments in other places mention it as well. Idk more either. 

Didn't plan to update the list before I got more time to play tbh. But saw the post getting bumped. 

В 27.11.2020 в 16:53, ---EG---Kramer сказал:

Found one Deimos Leaper Eximus while doing classic bounties (the 3rd one).

not Isolvault? Interesting. There is no  entry

Edited by Kacc

@KaccDEIMOS LEAPER seems to be bugged, and no longer spawns.  
DEIMOS LEAPER EXIMUS spawns, but has no codex entry.  
And so far I've seen all new eximus enemies while doing the new Arcana bounties (only haven't found DEIMOS JUGULUS EXIMUS yet)