Jump to content

Since DE is adding Hard Mode as a game mode could we get "Classic"/"Legacy" mode?


MadMattPrime

Recommended Posts

Since Hard Mode is going to be added which shows that DE is capable of adding an entire Game Mode.

Maybe could they add "Classic"/"Legacy" mode which is a mode that gives the feeling of classic/legacy warframe. This game mode should be pre-melee rework, pre-status rework and the old armor scaling system where enemies are you know an actual threat? 

It shouldn't be hard to set up since they code should be lying around somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MadMattPrime said:

It shouldn't be hard to set up since they code should be lying around somewhere.

Except it's DE we're talking about.  If they're unable/unwilling to let the player decide what holding E does when in melee, then it might be a bigger task for them than you think.

As for the idea itself, the return to self damage would mean that I would play the legacy mode exclusively.

*Edit based on other comments* Oh, I assumed the OP meant closer to WoW classic than a constantly updated in-line option.  Yeah, that would be a lot harder for DE to implement than you think OP.  I'd be up for an old 'static' version of the game maybe just with weapons/frames added.  Old Warframe was better IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Since Hard Mode is going to be added which shows that DE is capable of adding an entire Game Mode.

Maybe could they add "Classic"/"Legacy" mode which is a mode that gives the feeling of classic/legacy warframe. This game mode should be pre-melee rework, pre-status rework and the old armor scaling system where enemies are you know an actual threat? 

It shouldn't be hard to set up since they code should be lying around somewhere.

Uh... i think your idea of how the game and its development works is uh... 

Uhm... 

Uh... 

Borked. Yeah, borked. Thats a good word for it. B O R K E D. 

 

hard mode just scales up preexisting values, namely armor shield and health. 

Legacy mode already exists by those standards, the current system. 

HOWEVER i guess i kinda get what youre trying to say but there are two issues. 

1. It would mean having double the code and math for things like armor health shield damage status

2. It would just make things confusing

 

That and, its pointless. There would be literally no reason for that to exist outside of say, someone not wanting to change a build or get new items in which case they could just as easily ask "can you make boltor prime great again"

Im all for legacy aspects like... say... wall running which could be added without removing literally anything. 

But for something like a "devolved" version of the game... id have to say noperinos to that one. Does not get my vote. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ya right not hard to setup.

What if there are bugs at “classic” setup, DE needs to fix it or not?

What if current mode also have bugs at the same time, can DE fix them at the same time?

If not, how long can you wait for classic fix, one month, six month, never?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking something like a mode where bullet jumping is disabled, which came the thought, "weird flex but hey could be interesting".

But putting it simply, reverting things like formulae and entire animation and damage sets like the melee system is an insane amount of work. And really, for a "classic" feel, you could probably flip a handful of other switches (that wouldn't require quite so much work) and end up with something, while not exact, pretty dang close. E.g., no bullet jumping, lower enemy spawns, modifiers on enemy health and damage (and, since they're working on implementing it throughout the game, status resistance).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they re-introduced damage 1.0, players will realize that the damage system has regressed. The problem of armor scaling was never fixed.

With the Corrosive and Gas nerf, Viral/Slash remained.

Viral/Slash is just the old Armor Piercing element with extra steps. Instead of 1 mod, we need 3 and prayers to RNGesus to do the same thing.

Back in damage 1.0, every other element wasn't for damage, but for utility and you could replace them with exilus mods without losing much DPS.

Damage 2.0 was meant to destroy the rainbow builds, but instead made mod space even tighter with armor scaling the core issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

If they re-introduced damage 1.0, players will realize that the damage system has regressed. The problem of armor scaling was never fixed.

With the Corrosive and Gas nerf, Viral/Slash remained.

Viral/Slash is just the old Armor Piercing element with extra steps. Instead of 1 mod, we need 3 and prayers to RNGesus to do the same thing.

Back in damage 1.0, every other element wasn't for damage, but for utility and you could replace them with exilus mods without losing much DPS.

Damage 2.0 was meant to destroy the rainbow builds, but instead made mod space even tighter with armor scaling the core issue.

I always wondered why elements added damage instead of converting IPS damage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I always wondered why elements added damage instead of converting IPS damage. 

Well, IPS had 50% bonuses while single elements have 25% and combined elements have 75%. If they just converted IPS damage, single elements would nerf your weapon and combined elements wouldn't be worth spending 2 slots on except for niche cases. Also, the Bleed Trump's every other status in the game and no one would want to dilute it if they didn't get upfront damage in exchange.

In short, it would just reinforce the Slash meta. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...