The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

Bring cross save finally.

Cross-save is a top priority after Empyrean releases, as Digital Extremes’ Rebecca Ford says during a media Q&A. “If it’s not Railjack we’re working on, it’s definitely going to be [cross-save]. I wish we had it right now.” - PCGamesN

I myself have LOTS of friends that want to give the game another try, but dont play on console anymore and dont want to spend MONTHS farming everything again, but again, its a thing that has been promised(LAST YEAR) and isnt out yet.

And for people that respond to this: Cross SAVE isnt cross PLAY. They dont need sony's, microsoft's or anyone's approval for it.

14 минут назад, elpeleq42 сказал:

its a thing that has been promised(LAST YEAR) and isnt out yet.

=/=

Только что, elpeleq42 сказал:

“If it’s not Railjack we’re working on, it’s definitely going to be [cross-save]. I wish we had it right now.” - PCGamesN

"working on" doesn't mean will be shipped ASAP or within a year, it means they will be working on it and, as far as we know, they still are, no information to what extent though.

Thanks for the link, btw.

Am 5.10.2020 um 20:46 schrieb elpeleq42:

top priority

Like the Old War, Trials, the Third Orb on Orb Vallis, etc.

Or things like the Hydroid Prime Trailer that tooked how many years to be shown now on a Tennocon to show at least something at all.

You not seem long around to know how DE works at all in all those years so far. big promises, roadmaps, big plans, then deliver it halfbaked, not at all or even forget about it for years.

32 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

snip

And for people that respond to this: Cross SAVE isnt cross PLAY. They dont need sony's, microsoft's or anyone's approval for it.

Hi there tenno ^.^ 

First of all we all want cross save its not the problem dont worry.

Second "And for people that respond to this: Cross SAVE isnt cross PLAY. They dont need sony's, microsoft's or anyone's approval for it."

Sadly this is actually entirely false. even if its only Cross save it needs sony and microsoft and any other "who may have some kind of deal with a share of money involved" Approval for it. Its linked on the contract actually and if any platforms gets benefits from lets say platinum bought on their platform. Well they are gonna have a word to say about it ^.^  

1 hour ago, elpeleq42 said:

They do need approval and cooperation from the console companies to access the account data for console users. Why is this so hard to understand and why do we need a new thread about this topic every day? Cross save / play will happen when it happes, if it happens. Making a new thread about it won't make it happen any faster, espcially when it isn't DE that holds the key to unlocking those options.

1 minute ago, Leyvonne said:

They do need approval and cooperation from the console companies to access the account data for console users. Why is this so hard to understand and why do we need a new thread about this topic every day? Cross save / play will happen when it happes, if it happens. Making a new thread about it won't make it happen any faster, espcially when it isn't DE that holds the key to unlocking those options.

because DE is lazy, forgets stuff and if the entire community dont pressure then, they will NEVER release anything new. Just the same old: Makes new plains/content islands > its trash > gets forgotten > stuff nerfed

Pretty sure it was confirmed only a few devsteams ago to be in the works by a single person. 

Even if there was cross save, that alone doesn't bring players back to the game. It just means it's less of a headache managing multiple accounts for friends across different platforms.

Cross save still needs approval, as it introduces security vulnerabilities, exploits and so forth in many games. It's a lot more overhead than just allowing your save to travel across a server. 

1 minute ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

Pretty sure it was confirmed only a few devsteams ago to be in the works by a single person. 

Even if there was cross save, that alone doesn't bring players back to the game. It just means it's less of a headache managing multiple accounts for friends across different platforms.

Cross save still needs approval, as it introduces security vulnerabilities, exploits and so forth in many games. It's a lot more overhead than just allowing your save to travel across a server. 

I literally said I've many friends that want to play again, on PC, because they dont have a console or dont want to use it due to, you know, long loading times

53 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

I said they promised, never said to when. Still, if a company promises something then doesnt even give any updates on it for a year...

I think you may have a completely different definition of the word "promise" compared to most people to be honest. The quote is not even a Fraction of a promise of anything. Hell, the article you posted the link for itself states the comment is not a concrete roadmap for anything. Immediately after the quote itself.

Let me give you 2 comparisons:

Promise: Yeah i'll be grabbing the Bread in an hour i promise

Not Promise: I'll try grab Bread if its on my way

Promise: Yeah we promise we'll be delivering Cross Save within the next 3 months

Not Promise: We want Cross Save and are still working on it

Cross Save or even Cross Play is a known wanted feature, but theres a financial aspect to all this too. The faster something is released, generally the more expensive it is to implement. And keep in mind too that a lot of games' Cross Save system is a 1-way system, which itself can cause issues. I'm not against allowing Cross Save, but it wasn't promised. And it may not even be worth the investment. It wouldn't be one of the big things to see a large amount of players return to be honest

I don't think it is as much as an issue of bringing players back as it should be to keeping them. Except for those who have thousands of hours on the game and are just utterly burnt out like myself. It's no big deal to play another game. The era of Warframe gamers and gamers in general is changing. It seems more players now a days are moving more to casual games that they can play and beat and not have to invest too much time into and move onto another new game, so they don't have a drop in interest in games. The OG veterans of WF are just a different breed compared to the new age of players rolling in. It's something DE appears to be trying to cater to. 

Cross-Save/Cross-Play whatever be it, would definitely bring some players back, but what about it alone would keep those players around. I don't think most players who have left, left due to the fact the game is not cross-save capable.

The new Helminth Segment brought me back, but I am already playing other games now. Not that the game isn't fun, it's just that I have personally tinkered with the abilities I want to, and sure being able to customize your ability layout by adding a new ability is fun and all and allows you to play a frame differently, it still doesn't draw away from the fact that the content available to use it on in the game is still very much the same. It's just another new way to play (sort of). 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)MYKK678 said:

I think you may have a completely different definition of the word "promise" compared to most people to be honest. The quote is not even a Fraction of a promise of anything. Hell, the article you posted the link for itself states the comment is not a concrete roadmap for anything. Immediately after the quote itself.

Let me give you 2 comparisons:

Promise: Yeah i'll be grabbing the Bread in an hour i promise

Not Promise: I'll try grab Bread if its on my way

Promise: Yeah we promise we'll be delivering Cross Save within the next 3 months

Not Promise: We want Cross Save and are still working on it

Cross Save or even Cross Play is a known wanted feature, but theres a financial aspect to all this too. The faster something is released, generally the more expensive it is to implement. And keep in mind too that a lot of games' Cross Save system is a 1-way system, which itself can cause issues. I'm not against allowing Cross Save, but it wasn't promised. And it may not even be worth the investment. It wouldn't be one of the big things to see a large amount of players return to be honest

just because they didnt say I promise, doesnt mean they didnt promise. They said "We will work on this", how is that not a promise??

23 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

because DE is lazy, forgets stuff and if the entire community dont pressure then, they will NEVER release anything new. Just the same old: Makes new plains/content islands > its trash > gets forgotten > stuff nerfed

How is any of that related to what I said? DE doesn't control cross functions so the community putting pressure on them about it won't magically make it happen.

3 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

just because they didnt say I promise, doesnt mean they didnt promise. They said "We will work on this", how is that not a promise??

Will (Intentional but not guaranteed success to execute a future event or action)

vs

Promise (Guaranty to successfully execute a future event or action)

Will do something (if it's in their will/ability until or if the "something" is able to be brought to reality )

Promise to do something (it's in their will/ability to be able to be brought to reality)

I will look into do something for someone, but it doesn't mean I will be able to be successful.

Promise is the guaranty of an outcome.

Will is the attempt to achieve an outcome.

We don't know what they are doing behind the scenes. Just because they don't announce it doesn't mean they are not working on a solution.  

2 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

That question was answered in the last post. Second comparison.

If you want to try to attach any kind of promise to Reb's quote, the best anyone could offer you is this; 

"DE promised to TRY to implement Cross Save. With NO promised date, timeline nor any promise that it WILL happen".

Just to ground this whole thing, imagine i'm heading to the Shops. You ask me to grab you a KitKat while i'm there.

I say "Yeah i'll grab you one if i see them there"

I come back without a KitKat and explain there wasn't any in the shop.

Right now your response would be "But you promised"

Theres a lot in this game or even in the world that's subjective. Promises aren't one of them. Either a promise is made or its not. Courts of Law spend too much of their time already determining that difference.  Considering synonym's for Promise are things like Pact, Vow, Commitment and Pledge, i can't see anyone rationally attributing those words to your quote.

I think having a better pvp system would help keep players active. Having something to play inbetween other things helps prevent burning out. But currently PvP is quite lackluster and needs a bit of work (lunaro seems fine though).

Another thing that would help is just some more repeatable end game content. 

If players could cycle between new content, pvp and repeatable end game (with multiple choices) then I think a lot more would stay.

TL;DR: I say that DE is a good, loving group of people and that you're a terrible person, not giving DE enough time to do what needs to be done, you monster. 

They're not defending DE with all their might, they're just explaining that saying 'we'll work on cross save'/'we are working on cross save' doesn't mean "cross save will be out soon" and doesn't mean "cross save is a profitable venture that's worth the development time, so we're going to get it out as soon as possible" Try to remember that you're interacting with a company, and not just some person. Unless it is explicitly stated that they have release windows, deadlines, or actually use the word "promise" it will be released -- if at all -- at their leisure, when their loses from the development are negligible(please remember that Trials[raids] are no longer in the game because not enough people played them, and their developers spent all their time just fixing the bugs with them so it could be playable at all) or when there's a potential for them to gain a lot from it. Cross save doesn't suddenly warrant more people to play the game, just the same people who have already been playing the game to play it a little more on a different platform where they have more friends, or have a better experience, and put it down just as fast because they have the same complaints from before they left since cross save doesn't change the game itself or the compounding lack of interest they have in playing it.  

2 hours ago, elpeleq42 said:

"Working on something" also doesn't mean it will be finished or is even possible to finish. Roadblocks can pop up along the way.

For example, I will 'work on' cleaning up my kitchen today. You may interpret that as meaning that my kitchen will be spotless by the end of the day. Where as I know I might empty the clean stuff out of the dishwasher and put dirty things in it, but I will probably still ignore the dirty wok and big soup pot that are a pain to wash in the small sink and I probably won't clean the crumbs out of the toaster oven either. Maybe some day my kitchen will be spotless, or maybe there will always be at least one thing that never gets done as more things get added to the pile.

If people have no reason to come back already because theres nothing being released thats interesting besides more grind islands and no actual progression  or challenge how would crosssave make them return? I mean itd be great still, but its only really a side thing compared to main issues

Archived