Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So here’s a crazy idea.

(PSN)i7081277

WHAT IF nyx’s mind control actually scaled?

what if your mind controlled target (who is invulnerable) actually absorbs enemy damaged and then increases their own based on how much they absorb? 

what if like trinity’s new well of life all of the damage they absorb is dealt at the end of mind controls duration?

If Octavia can have an ability that scales like mallet why can’t nyx?

it’d be far less useful than mallet I think. But it’d be by no means game breaking. 
like, mind control isn’t really an aoe ability like mallet is so I’d assume so. 

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)i7081277 a dit :

what if your mind controlled target (who is invulnerable) actually absorbs enemy damaged and then increases their own based on how much they absorb? 

what if like trinity’s new well of life all of the damage they absorb is dealt at the end of mind controls duration?

it’d be far less useful than mallet I think. But it’d be by no means game breaking. 

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)Madurai-Prime a dit :

This community can't handle anymore powercreep. Their heads will explode. 

She has an augment that already makes the mind controlled target do 500% more damage.

But whats the point of increased damage when the AI will just shoot the floor?

Damage isn't the main problem. You can "fix" that part by modding a regular Intensify and casting Psychic Bolts. The AI is just super bad and the fact that it is temporary is annoying.

I think if Mind Control was permanent (until canceled or the target's death) it would be less of a hassle and it would be more in vain of having another pet, specter or a less reliable Wukong twin. Which would be at least "okay" in my opinion.

It could also taunt enemies and act as tank. Taunting is so underused in this game to begin with. I think only Defy, Octavia's Mallet and Guardian Derision actually force enemy attacks. Different topic but that's why there are tanky frames and not tank-frames. Point is AI allies tend to be more useful if their main focus isn't (their own) damage but utility.

what if it used your current weapon / holstered weapon mods for damage boost (tired of stat sticks yet?) , or atleast just elemental effects?

but you still need to have the AI on a literal leash , and get aggro like mallet does for it to be even acceptable as an ability as it does very poor job being there when you need it and distracting enemies..

6 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

But whats the point of increased damage when the AI will just shoot the floor?

I think it's a good idea actually. People say she needs a rework. Sorry I was being snarky. They could scale it and actually make it kill something. But like you said...scaling wont matter if it still shoots the floor.

Shouldn't we be asking for it to have wukong AI lol?

8 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

I know you are trying but until you get to true outlier-type playstyles that are way less than 1% of those that play....  

This ability as-is, is largely useless in current, fast-paced, dps-aoe-mobility horde-kill Warframe.

Unless you threw the Augment on AND gave it a Speedva boost, the time spent casting the ability on the target will never allow you to catch back up to the equivalent amount of kills  you would be getting in that same amount of time  using almost any other combination of weapon damage/buff/debuff.

IMHO, Nyx’s 2 should have been what DE gave us and Ash’s Smoke bomb (so all framed could have an actual ninja power to choose) for limited invisibility that didn’t step on Loki’s superior 2.  But we know the reasons.  Nyx’s newer 2 is what saves her for higher-level play and she would be fully obsolete.  And that 2 in Steel Path on damage-dealers would WRECK.

I’d do it anyway.  Very few of us that are functional, contributing members of society want to play test Mind Control after 1-2 hours of continuous play in a single mission.

Love DE.  Love the spirit behind this system as it innovates using what DE does best.  But Mind Control has nearly zero added value and so would change it to Nyx’s 2.  Even if it steps on Seeking Shuriken’s toes...

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I just like being direct.  And certainly there are counter-arguments to be had.

Nyx fully inhabits the mind of a single enemy within a range of 20 / 40 / 50 / 60 meters, stunning it for 3 seconds then forcing it to fight for the Tenno faction for 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds. While controlled, the affected target is enveloped within a psychic barrier that renders it completely invulnerable to damage from allied and enemy factions. For the next 4 seconds after activation, Nyx herself can empower the controlled target by attacking it; any damage dealt by Nyx onto the controlled target during this period is absorbed and converted into a percentage damage bonus for the target, lasting for the ability's remaining duration.

It already kinda does that, and it's empowered by the damage you deal, which is scores higher than whatever damage the enemy can do. How many million damage can you do in 4 seconds?

Mind control really isn't as bad as what the community thinks it is

The issue is player mentality is that they want the power to read "gain a minion that plays the entire game for you; make it capable of killing all enemies faster than we can". That is of course an absurd demand but if you've read previous posts in this thread that's the mindset that players have and unless it's satisfied, to them, the power will always be bad.

The reality and practical usage of mind control is you can get cool aura buffs based on which enemies you take. A free 30 seconds of 90% damage reduction aura and cc/status immunity and you didn't have to waste resources on a specter because you mind controlled an ancient healer. Free heat or cold resist auras because you snagged an arson/arctic eximus (and in the case of the arctic one, a free snowglobe and a free slow aura). Or you could be super lazy and steal a shield osprey for continuous shield regeneration and bonus shields. 

7 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

Nyx fully inhabits the mind of a single enemy within a range of 20 / 40 / 50 / 60 meters, stunning it for 3 seconds then forcing it to fight for the Tenno faction for 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds. While controlled, the affected target is enveloped within a psychic barrier that renders it completely invulnerable to damage from allied and enemy factions. For the next 4 seconds after activation, Nyx herself can empower the controlled target by attacking it; any damage dealt by Nyx onto the controlled target during this period is absorbed and converted into a percentage damage bonus for the target, lasting for the ability's remaining duration.

It already kinda does that, and it's empowered by the damage you deal, which is scores higher than whatever damage the enemy can do. How many million damage can you do in 4 seconds?

You can kill a whole lot more enemies by just shooting them directly instead of this two-part process where you hope the AI works...after you use the time sink to shoot the invincible mind-controlled target...after you time sink by casting Mind Control on the target...ok so it’s a three-part process.

Archived