Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Bug-Hunting Megathread (Read First Post!)

SilverBones

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Zaw Staves holstering doesnt work
  • REPRODUCTION: equipping any stave holster on zaw staff
  • EXPECTED RESULT: uses the selected animation
  • OBSERVED RESULT: holsters with the default animation
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: always

TYPE: In-Game

DESCRIPTION: Hole in the map allowing for extending falling below the map and if on a K-Drive, can fall almost endlessly.

VISUAL: 

REPRODUCTION: This is repeatable each time in this location by crouching under the infested branches located in the video above, and crouch walking into the hole. 

EXPECTED RESULT: I should have re-spawned back atop the drift in a reasonable time frame.

OBSERVED RESULT: Fell through the map continuously and if unable to call vehicles or dismount vehicles player can fall for 10+ minutes. Some attempts to call archwing and fly back into the map did not work. In the event of respawn in our limited tests we found a 50/50 chance of being unable to abort mission or see the map, verses being able to see and play as normal.

REPRODUCTION RATE: If player moves left or right at the point of falling there is a good chance they will hit an isolation vault and be able to make it back out. If they fall straight down it was an extended drop every time.

• DESCRIPTION: Deimos bounty: Latrox Une's shield osprey not regenerating shields
  • REPRODUCTION: play the bounty
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I expect the shield osprey to regenerate shields when it's not being hit for several seconds
  • OBSERVED RESULT:

Within the Deimos bounties I noticed the shield osprey of Latrox Une doesn't regenerate shields. I've had multiple occasions where I killed everything around. For ~6 seconds nothing happened, new enemies spawned and it started taking health damage.

• REPRODUCTION RATE: at least 3 out of 5 of the last bounties I ran (it didn't always take enough damage to lose shields)

Also, it wanders off on it's own (not sticking to Latrox Une). These two factors together make it really difficult/annoying to protect.

• TYPE: Ingame
  • DESCRIPTION: Deimos Jugulus attacks bypassing Baruuk's Elude & Garudas Dread Mirror
  • REPRODUCTION: Simulacrum
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Avoid taking damage, surviving
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Getting hit, instantly dying in high level content
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Everytime

Deimos Jugulus sawblade attacks seem to bypass Elude and Dread Mirror mechanics. With Garuda the exploding balls that Jugulus spits also just simply bypass the ability. 

4 hours ago, Madraz said:
  • TYPE: Ingame
  • DESCRIPTION: Deimos Jugulus attacks bypassing Baruuk's Elude & Garudas Dread Mirror
  • REPRODUCTION: Simulacrum
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Avoid taking damage, surviving
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Getting hit, instantly dying in high level content
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Everytime

Deimos Jugulus sawblade attacks seem to bypass Elude and Dread Mirror mechanics. With Garuda the exploding balls that Jugulus spits also just simply bypass the ability. 

I can confirm this is still occurring on Deimos.  So it's not only in simulation/simulacrum. 

• TYPE: In-game
  • DESCRIPTION: Predasite Pharaoh Endoparasitic Vector ability proccing on Necramech, reducing speed by A LOT - sometimes until re-calling it via menu
  • VISUAL: None
  • REPRODUCTION: Get hit by a Predasite Pharaoh's tentacle projectile (endoparasitic vector)
  • EXPECTED RESULT: It shouldn't work on allied necramechs
  • OBSERVED RESULT: It works on allied necramechs
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% consistent for me.

• DESCRIPTION: Bug in last round of the Isolation Vaults - Same 4 Requiem Symbols appears  ( I was not the Host)
  • VISUALAFC7AB01B81A2C1C7966AA47A491B43678AD4CFD
  • REPRODUCTION:  This Bug never appears to me when i was the Host, but pretty often to my friend how was in the same squad.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: self-explained
  • OBSERVED RESULT: self-explained
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Can't speak for myself but this bug appears to my friend almost every second Vaultmission. And randoms write this almost every Vaultmission ...so I presume pretty often? 
    Spoiler

How is this not number one on the priorty list?

• TYPE: [In-Game]
  • DESCRIPTION: [Arch-wing is unusable after using Necramech, after returning to the surface from the Vault]
  • VISUAL: [N/A]
  • REPRODUCTION: [I used the Necramech in the Vault (1-3, doesn't matter which one); it survives the battle, then I take the tenta-tickler back to the surface (leaving the Necramech in the vault); I try using the Arch-wing launcher, but get "Invalid launch point" regardless of where I am, until extraction. (Necramech Launcher works fine)]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Arch-wing Launcher should launch my arch-wing]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: ["Invalid launch point" no matter where I am; standing on the ground or using it in mid-air]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [about 80% of the time]

• DESCRIPTION: [Pet remains active when using Necramech. It doesn't receive affinity, but it does take damage from enemies and can die]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Use Necramech with a pet active (Predasite, Vulpa, etc)]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Pet should disappear, like it would when using Arch-wing]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [When using Necramech, pet receives damage from nearby enemies and potentially dies, yet does not receive affinity from kills caused by Necramech]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [100%]

Type: in-game

Description: controls freeze over without any alert and can't move/attack with character (lost a great deal of fish and ore over it).

Reproduction: it happened twice while I was fishing with Ember Prime at the beginning of the FASS CYCLE. Been in the area for over an hour. It happened once I was solo and once with a friend (said friend was unaffected and luckily managed to get back 'home' so I really dodged a bullet there). Wasn't doing anything particular beside fishing and there was no sign of what could have triggered it.

Expected results: the usual use of the mouse and keyboard.

Observed results: beside the right button of the mouse to 'aim', the ESC and the ability to look around with the mouse, nothing else worked: I couldn't move, change gear, attack or use any of my abilities. 

Reproduction rate: it happened twice in the last three days, at night time and only on Deimos. I don't know how to 'reproduce it' since it had happened twice so far and have no idea what could trigger it. Both times I had been on Deimos for two hours.

• TYPE: in-game
  • DESCRIPTION: Killing enemies with Mirage Doppelgangers while using the Trumna, Battacor and potentially other similar weapons don’t increase the charge level for the alt-fire
  • VISUAL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_atFSW5CB0s
  • REPRODUCTION: Kill enemies only with mirage clones by shooting beside them with the Trumna (easier to do when AI is paused)
  • EXPECTED RESULT: All kills with the weapon, even from Doppelgangers, should increase the alt-fire charge meter
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Kills by the player unit increase the alt-fire charge meter, but kills by clones do not
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happens consistently, both as host and client, in multiplayer/solo missions and in simulacrum

This is a frustrating bug/interaction since your clones will effectively steal kills from you with the overlapping AoE of the Trumna, which substantially reduces the frequency at which you can use the alt-fire. Weapon-specific mechanics are also inconsistent when used with Mirage clones as shown later in the video. 

Thanks, 

On 2020-10-18 at 5:27 AM, DrFaustin said:
  • DESCRIPTION: Deimos bounty: Latrox Une's shield osprey not regenerating shields
  • REPRODUCTION: play the bounty
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I expect the shield osprey to regenerate shields when it's not being hit for several seconds
  • OBSERVED RESULT:

Within the Deimos bounties I noticed the shield osprey of Latrox Une doesn't regenerate shields. I've had multiple occasions where I killed everything around. For ~6 seconds nothing happened, new enemies spawned and it started taking health damage.

• REPRODUCTION RATE: at least 3 out of 5 of the last bounties I ran (it didn't always take enough damage to lose shields)

Also, it wanders off on it's own (not sticking to Latrox Une). These two factors together make it really difficult/annoying to protect.

Also seems to be an invisible mechanic at play. Id kill piles and forget what i was doing because they dont seem to drop past halfway through collection until shield osprey takes dmg.  I dont believe latrox matters but i could be wrong. I wouldnt count on it though because im always right. I know alot of very fine people and theyre all right and these are spectacular people. fantastic. Also they tend to be right mostly all of the time and i dont know about you but i wouldn't want to be on the other side of these great people because if that happens youre almost definitely, probably not right. At least most of the time. If youre not right you know, they say you tend to be wrong. Not a good look to be wrong, i cannot afford to be wrong. Absolutely not some of the time but to be wrong most of the time, its not what im about.

Ever since the Halloween event, and I've been grinding mother tokens (and Scintillant for a Quassus--holy smokes, that's not exactly a 'common' drop), I've been running into a strange K-Drive bug. Most times, when I hurry to the gates, then rush to get out into the bounty, I hop on my K-Drive immediately to go faster until I can get outside to my archwing, and I'm finding that as I jump onto the K-Drive, I automatically swing around 180 degrees and face the gate again.

• TYPE: [In Game]
  • DESCRIPTION: [When leaving the gates to do a bounty, and deploying the K-Drive to get outside more quickly, as soon as I deploy, the K-Drive swings around 180 degrees so that I'm facing the gate again instead of the direction out.]
  • VISUAL: [See below. It's just an image of me facing the gate, but it happened during one of the bugged instances.]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Most of the time. Maybe it has to do with my momentum, because if I make sure I'm at a full stop first with no 'push onward', I can deploy properly sometimes.]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [I should be able to deploy the K-Drive on my way out and keep going in the same direction I intended.]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [My momentum is halted as the K-Drive pivots 180 degrees until I'm facing the wrong way.]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [Most of the time. See notes on Reproduction.]

https://imgur.com/QYooL6g

• DESCRIPTION: Activated a requiem pylon on Deimos, but no enemies spawned
  • VISUAL: Location pictures: https://imgur.com/a/ditkTZ1
  • REPRODUCTION: Use the pylon if it appears at this location
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Enemies spawn, and continue to spawn, like normal for an active pylon
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Pylon activated, but no enemies spawned
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Not sure; I don't usually get a pylon at this location to tell if it happens every time, just for that rune, or was a one-off occurrence

• DESCRIPTION: Netra requiem pylon doesn't appear to work
  • VISUAL: https://streamable.com/wivzcj
  • REPRODUCTION: Use Netra pylon
  • EXPECTED RESULT:  When the little face huggers kill enemies, they will drop resources
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Even when the little guys do appear to kill the enemy, no resources spawn. The video should show at least two places where they get the killing blow. On top of that, their AI behavior seems pretty odd, which the video also should show a bit.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every time

On 2020-10-17 at 2:30 AM, OnceADrog said:

A couple of months further on and still no gorram fix for the gorram lost affinity for necramechs when there is a host migration.

THAT!!!

why are you guy never ever test your new contend against the plague of the game that is named host-migration? how many many problems there where over all the years? and still this happens again and again...how bloddy hard can it be to just save any kind of progress to each damn client every few minutes to lessen the impact of sudden data loss? that is such an elementary coding procedure that i learned in my 2nd semester, so why don't never thought implementing any kind of the well known methods? do you belive there would never be any kind of connection problems, game errors or arseheads who provoce a migration?

for all the nice contend you release for the game, you take away the fun playing it by such crappy and avoidable issues.

• DESCRIPTION: I don't know if this is a full on bug, but the spawn rates of the animals on the Drift seem to be mucked. I cannot get a Sporule Achivaea to spawn to save my life. (Crescent Vulpaphyla also have low spawn rates)
  • VISUAL: https://imgur.com/ee7Ost9
  • REPRODUCTION: Hunt Cambion Drift animals for several days over different instances and Vome/Fass cycles, using both the call points/pheromones and just free roaming.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I think I should have gotten a Sporule to spawn at least once over the course of the week I've been trying to get it.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I have stopped catching Vizier Predesites because I have so many, and I will even despawn them so they aren't taking up the spawn slot for a Sporule. I have tried everything I can think of: free roaming for hours through Fass/Vome cycles, creating new instances, going to the call points and using/not using pheromones. I just can't get these suckers to spawn. And I just want my merit badge!!!!
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: It has happened to me every day this week. I'm jobless so I'm basically playing from when I wake up to when I go to sleep (taking short breaks for my sanity), and I cannot get it to spawn. Trust me, if a NEET like me who plays the game 24/7 isn't getting it to spawn, something must be wrong.

Equinox's Duality is always reloading when there're still many bullets in the magazine. Sometimes it will even reload twice, it sucks when using those weapons who has a big magazine with a long reloading time, Trumn , for example. (300 bullets in a magazine with 5 seconds of reloading,but the other part of DUALITY will only shoot about dozens of bullets and then reload, sometimes even reload TWICE,that's 10 seconds!Bloody hell!)

Besides,the accuracy of the other part of duality is ridiculously low when it's carrying a bullet weapon (Buzlok, Hind, etc.) , a beam weapon (Quanta, Gaze, etc. ) or a bow(Daikyu, Zhuge, etc. ). When the other part of Duality shoots, many bullets or the beam/arrow will stray away seriously from the targeted enemy,especially when they are close, and it won't shoot when using Kuva Ogris. This force me to use shotguns and those blasting weapons such as Shedu or Acceltra.  Disgusting.

Those bugs have been a loooooooooooooong time and ruin my game expierence since I'm a fan of Duality (in game 3000+ hours of playing). For god's sake, fix them,plz!

I'm serious.

@Rebecca@Megan @Bear

• DESCRIPTION: [After gaining affinity with the Necramech and after finishing a Vault mission, sometimes the host will leave the squad instead of waiting at extraction to save a few seconds, causing a host migration and resetting the Necramech's affinity. This only affects the Necramech; a leveling pet is active and it retains the gained affinity earned throughout the mission.]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Use Necramech, gain affinity for Necramech, exit Necramech, Host Migration, Affinity Reset (as though the Necramech was never used)]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Necramech should retain the affinity earned after Host Migration occurs]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [Affinity Reset to where it was before I used it]

• TYPE: in game
  • DESCRIPTION: Applying a forma to a Necramech doesn't unlock the secondary energy color
  • VISUALbe9EiSC.png
  • REPRODUCTION: I applied a Forma to my max rank Necramech
  • EXPECTED RESULT: It should unlock the secondary energy color
  • OBSERVED RESULT: It didn't unlock the secondary energy color
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: I don't know if it does this for everyone, I haven't seen this mentioned when I searched the bug thread

• DESCRIPTION: [Grendals' fourth ability does not work after I replaced the third ability with Nezahs' fire ability.]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Replace Grendals' third ability with Nezah's Helminth ability.]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Grendals' fourth ability should work.]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [Grendals' fourth ability does not work.]

• TYPE:  New Reinforcements - New guns, new cosmetics, new goodies!
  • DESCRIPTION: cant apply "oscira pistol skin" to the "kuva nukor"
  • REPRODUCTION: arsenal, select a "kuva nukor", try to apply "oscira pistol skin"
  • EXPECTED RESULT: to be able to select the "oscira pistol skin" (it works on a "kuva brakk")
  • OBSERVED RESULT: the "oscira pistol skin" is not shown

Archived