The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damaged Necramech WEAPON parts

Zoero

Currently these parts don't seem to drop from the actual necramechs, instead, they are a rare drop from TIER 3 ISO vaults.

There are a couple issues with this.

1- Even with an optimal team, that's a 30-40 minute mission.

2- loot table is SUPER diluted with relics and other garbage.

3- no secondary acquisition method. (IE: bought from Loid for 30 of the tier 3 orokin matrix)

4- Parts are non tradeable. They are now.

5- Mods have abysmal drop rates still

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry at seeing history repeat itself
The same thing happened with Railjack - arbitratrily timegated RNG grindfest. Just reading about it made me feel so disgusted that I dropped the game for half a year.

Rest assured, once their player numbers start dropping again, I'm sure they'll address this. But before that? Naaah - they have to use cheap tricks like these to keep you engaged.

They do drop from the mechs as I have only ever gotten the weapon parts from them exclusively. Them being not tradeable is great because you don't get to cut corners and have to actually make it yourself. The loot table of the mission is indeed overfilled with token relics instead of something more diverse and useful. Then again, you only ever need one part of the mech after which the duplicates will become just as annoying as relics.

11 minutes ago, Gweredith said:

Funny you think you're so special that anyone would give a damn about you leaving. DE and the rest of the community are doing just fine with fewer whiners who are too incompetent to grind in a grind based game. 

'Whining'? So, what - I'm so supposed to pretend like everything's fine and dandy with unicorns dancing around?
I'm fine with grinding in Path of Exile, Borderlands and other games - because in those games, at least I'm always progressing towards something. Even the 'undesirable drops' still further my character's progression. Not in Warframe. You either get the drop you want/need or you've wasted your time getting a credit cache, a mod you have thirty thousand of or a relic you can just do ESO for.
Which is why I'll continue pushing for things to improve.

21 minutes ago, Gweredith said:

Them being not tradeable is great because you don't get to cut corners and have to actually make it yourself.

i get to play this game for a few hours a week. please let me cut corners, DE.

One of the big issues is the part drops can and do fall through the floor. In one of our missions one out of the 4 man team got a weapon part drop from one of the Vault Necromechs but for the rest of us the drop was not reachable. Normally if something like this happens would have expected it to be a client / host issue but the only person who received the reward was one of the client players. Hopefully that will be fixed quickly so we can see what the drop rate is really like.

1) I don't care. Less grinding the better. And if you want to go ad hominem on me, gatekeeping elitists like you are the reason why the Hema clan research is still a grindfest and why Universal Medallions can't be used to rank up Conclave.

2.) Even as someone that does have a lot of hours to spare, a lot of my time has been eaten up by senseless, unfun grind that hinged on RNG to futher progression without an endgame, just a self-set goal. If I only had a few hours a week to play, I wouldn't want to spend most of them on grinding rather than playing. Warframe isn't a hobby; woodcarving or mining bitcoin is a hobby. Warframe is a game and should primarily be fun.

so, in conclusion, I do support OP's notions that the way to get this stuff is grindy.

On 2020-08-28 at 2:45 AM, Gweredith said:

Funny you think you're so special that anyone would give a damn about you leaving. DE and the rest of the community are doing just fine with fewer whiners who are too incompetent to grind in a grind based game. 

Dude chill and take your happy pill ... he just stated the obious railjack was a huge flop coz the tables where uther garbage (and stil are) weapons there make no sense, why would some one new to the system build tier 1 or 2 when they cna go for tier 3 from the start. Only ones that made tier 1 and tier 2 weapons? The players that endured the content from the start *clap clap clap* that's planing ahead and making drops meaningfull.

In deimos? we get tokens that are just a chore if they arent' mother's ones. When we rank up we have to give tokens ... as in ... you reach X rep ... now give me anotehr 3k rep just coz i want rep. It's arbitrary crap that has no real conection with the theme going on there.

What posible reason would there be for DE to ask us ... ye you knwo you want to rank up no? well you need to finde this rare ass bird and capture it. There is no fcking sense to force us to go for a rare tag in order to rank up.

The worse ofender is the give me the bps for blade and hilt , not built minde you ... just the bps ... another standing sink.

IF they wanted the rank up to take more standing ... blody change the required nr to rank up ffs.

On 2020-08-28 at 3:03 AM, Nok-Rntha said:

I'm always progressing towards something

tell me about that mirror you are progressing towards in PoE ... or that 6 link with 4 whites ... but you are right ...  in WF we also have a sense of progresion ... but slow and the end reward most of the time is filler not worth the time of day.

On 2020-08-28 at 6:12 AM, Nok-Rntha said:

Less grinding the better

Hema clan research is still a grindfest and why Universal Medallions can't be used to rank up Conclave.

100% true

mining bitcoin is a hobby

O,o ermm technicaly the gpu is doign the work and so on ... maybe you mean trade/exchange there m8. Also in some cases it's a job xD.

4 hours ago, Gweredith said:

This excuse has been ruining the game long enough. Get it like the rest of us or find another hobby. 

so what, you're saying that you enjoy the endless grinding? the horrible hours of fun-sucking tedium, to get a thing you might not even enjoy? and you take pride in the fact that you wasted your time on it? you think that because you worked hard to get it for free, that makes you better than someone like me? you sir, are a sad sad individual. as someone who works 60 hours a week i'd rather just throw money at it and have the fun now, thanks. i don't want to put another 60 hours of work into a game, and me spending my money on it is actually better for the developers anyway, so you can shove off with your attitude 😛

Well, this is the bridge too far for me... too many of these repeated tricks De, Try and make your game fun to play, people will play that. Stop adding needless grind again, and again. Im sure the player who love fishing and capturing animals will still do this. Blah blah...

TLDR; Stop forcing dull gameplay onto everybody evenly, players who've grinded your game for years should get a break(they need it); you keep doing this with every major drop; and it'll come back and bite you.  

i haven't gotten any of those parts and I've been grinding a lot.  It's definitely not fun, if anything this grind got me more sick of this new planet even faster than the last two planets.  I don't get why they'd make it this annoying. If they are going to let players sell parts, just sell the weapon on the marketplace, even in some sort of mech pack with some mods or something.  

On 2020-08-28 at 1:40 AM, Nok-Rntha said:

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry at seeing history repeat itself

Yeeeeeah, getting REALLY disappointed that the devs continually fail to recognize what frustrates the playerbase, using mechanisms that only serve to drag out content grinds as much as possible with no actual depth.

I mean... I love this game. There's a lot of things about this game that I enjoy that piss other people off. I love Railjack. I love animal conservation. I don't "love" fishing and mining, but I am glad it's in the game to offer... something different. I do genuinely enjoy these open worlds, and I want to see more of them. I won't get into all of that... but the point is, I'm willing to look past the flaws and mistakes DE makes to see what is good about content.

But I'm definitely frustrated at how DE will consistently put in stuff like armaments and mods with less than a 1% drop chance, stuff that people want to try, play with, build with.... in an attempt to force people to play their content more. People burn out. When people burn out, when people have to grind something hundreds of times in order to get what they want, they start to hate that content. With a passion. They even come to hate the game and quit. Players want to be rewarded for playing the game well. They don't want to play slot machines.
How DE hasn't figured this out yet is beyond me.

Especially when they have deliberately taken systems out of the game before specifically because they realized it was akin to gambling.

Well what about these 0.2% drop chance items on the loot table? How is that not akin to gambling? They're forcing us to pull the lever again and again and again in the desperate hope that we win the reward that we want.

I don't mind working for what I want in a game... but I like to be able to make genuine progress towards what I want. Not hope I get lucky while I slog through content that doesn't engage me once it's no longer new and fresh. I'm already sick of running the Endless bounty - but at least I still need Mother tokens, even if I'm not getting the new mod sets. I am now genuinely enraged when I see Ayatan Amber Star as the reward... again. I don't need them at all.

Most of us work for a living. Many of us only have a couple hours a day to dedicate to gaming of any kind, and many of us want to play other games too. I don't want Warframe to demand that I put in hundreds of hours just on the off chance I get lucky so that I can build my Railjack or Necramechs or whatever else is affected by that low drop chance... because by then I won't care.

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks t3 iso vault grind. To this day not a single weapon part dropped.

I am drowing in useless relics and matrixes but the stuff that would be nice to get is not dropping at all. Screw this mess. Heart of Deimos is the worst grind I have seen in this game so far (and there is a lot of other terrible grind).

@DE, I don't want anymore. I am exhausted. There is a difference between having low drop rates behind a short 5mins mission and these super long, absolutely boring +30mins Iso Vault runs (which to a noticable degree are even bugged). The players deserved better.

• 3 months later...
On 2020-08-28 at 9:03 AM, Nok-Rntha said:

'Whining'? So, what - I'm so supposed to pretend like everything's fine and dandy with unicorns dancing around?
You either get the drop you want/need or you've wasted your time getting a credit cache, a mod you have thirty thousand of or a relic you can just do ESO for.
Which is why I'll continue pushing for things to improve.

Dont worry about Gweredith, he/she most likely been licking developer underside for a time now, and most likely a partner of sort. As you know, there is no point grinding if someone gets all the stuff as partner rewards. Funny these players like to blabber about "cuting corners" very much, idk if you noticed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I prefer the token system they added.
Making the assumption you can actually buy the things with tokens, which you can't currently.

it means you can grind at least the tokens you want, and even overgrind them if you have time (beyond standing limits) and trade later.

At least if you could grind tokens and buy everything eventually by just trading them doing a bunch of runs is not so bad because if it doesn't drop you can still buy at some point.

Archived