Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Update 29.1.0

[DE]Megan

8 hours ago, Komanski said:

my launcher is stuck at "Optimizing Download Cache" after this recent new hotfix. Nothing is moving, no percentage is shown but the launcher is not frozen either. I have left it to optimize overnight, still nothing. I was never able to optimize when it gave me the option before, now that it is forced, I can't do anything to avoid it. Anybody got ideas on how to fix that? 

Two things:

• First, you should check your hard drive for errors (if it's corrupt there is no fix for your problem apart from buying a new HDD/SSD)
  • Then, assuming your drive is OK, uninstall and then download Warframe again. Make sure that the whole folder is deleted before downloading. On a new installation, nothing has to be 'optimised'.

Also, there might be logs somewhere that could reveal the cause for your problem. You might want to get in touch with support.

And since there are still people on here, who are unable to read the patch notes properly and then ask stupid questions (obviously, this doesn't apply to the post I quoted), like "Why is this update so biggg?" or "Why does it take soo longgg?", I'd like to shed some light on this (a.k.a repeat what has already been said elsewhere). The size of the update comes from the fact, that most (if not all) of the textures, normal maps, etc. have to be downloaded again, as they switched the compression algorithm for these. The extensive time it takes to update is most likely caused by the mandatory optimisation cycle, which I assume just removes the assets that are to be replaced and reorganises the remaining data to make room for the download. So if my assumption is correct, DE were clever by 'optimising' before downloading because they greatly reduced (if not completely eliminated) disc space overhead.

Conservation needs A LOT of work on Deimos:

- Tracks are most of the time almost impossible to see and follow, due to all the vibrant colors of the foliage.

- Tracks many times just lead directly into cliff sides, and you have no idea if you need to go into a cave, above over the mountain, or if you've missed some tracks leading somewhere else entirely. This is especially bad with Avichaea tracks leading from the SW corner of Deimos.

- Avichaea sometimes just flies around for a while and then just buggers off, because you missed that tiny bird, 500m away in the sky, with the 3 first shots, while Infested is beating the living *** out of you.

- Even finding the initial dung pile can be a challenge, near and inside caves. When you're outside the cave, the icon tells you to go inside the cave, but once you're inside there's no icons in the actual cave. You just run around endless in loops, trying to figure out where the pile actually is. We're just talking about heading to a spot, that should be clearly marked on your map.

The whole progress can only be described as a frustrating, buggy, and sadly also, necessary process. I wouldn't have a problem with it, but that fact that I'm forced to do it, for ranking up, and then it's this state, is really all kinds of annoying. Hoping for a fix asap!

7 minutes ago, SvarrOS said:

Two things:

• First, you should check your hard drive for errors (if it's corrupt there is no fix for your problem apart from buying a new HDD/SSD)
  • Then, assuming your drive is OK, uninstall and then download Warframe again. Make sure that the whole folder is deleted before downloading. On a new installation, nothing has to be 'optimised'.

Also, there might be logs somewhere that could reveal the cause for your problem. You might want to get in touch with support.

[snip]

@Komanski Your issue might have been fixed with the last update just now. See the patch notes.

May i recieve back the materials for the now completly useless Marked for Death? 

Unless you hit a very high life target its utterly useless now, way to kill an ability that gave all NON aoe Frames a chance to shine

Welp, back to saryn AGAIN until she gets gutted as well with LoS or garbage like that

1 hour ago, Redfeather75 said:

I think it still works with ash if you go solo and use stealth to be picky about who you target.

Nope it doesnt work with anything. If you have it at cap 75% and do 2million damage with a stropha for example the damage getting spread is like 75% of your targets health and if its not a heavy gunner you wont kill absolutly anything. 

Its a dead skill now

EDIT: Only guaranteed slash proc sharing works with it anymore. So you can use MfD with a Glaive Prime or a Rapier finisher  to still spread death. But the overall impact is completly void now

22 hours ago, Velaethia said:

These are some great changes. I love the "untime" effect locking duration that's pretty awesome. I think the untime effect not working on helminth abilities or other warframe abilities is bad game design and heavily discourages the use of helminth on Xaku. Other than that my main suggestion is a visual cosmetic one. Please allow a toggle to turn our attachments on or off for broken(skeleton) form. I quite liked being a spooky skeleton with a cape and you took that away from me. Skeleton Xaku's now look too similiar too each other because lack of customisation options which is very frustrating. 

I more than agree with this comment, The Vast Untime ability should freeze the duration of subsume and helminth abilities. It has seriously discouraged me from using the helminth system again, being second to the cost of the helminth system.

On 2020-09-17 at 3:34 PM, -Verikan- said:

Ash is anything BUT great, as an Ash main myself (a new form of masochism) Ash even in high levels is seriously ourperfomed by almost the entirety of the other warframes. He is kinda versatile, yes but not good at anything. For a damage-focused frame his 4 doesn't scale well and takes too long to mark, his 3 is damage against just one enemy (with augment), his 1 (with augment) and 2 are utility. Without augments he is just useless.

Not useless without augments, lol. You shouldn't consider a frame's usefulness when compared against others. You just consider it by itself when you're using it for effectiveness and fun. My Ash Prime is simple and doesn't use augments, and he's reliable. He's a melee frame that can be fast and invisible. I made mine tanky and focus on max invis, hardly ever use his teleport, never use(d) his shuriken, and sometimes use his 4 when I think about it. I've since replaced his 1 with Pillage, and love it. I've never taken him to the Steel Path or on 67-hour survival missions, but I use him the most for murmur farming and lich hunting, and he's great. I can murder level 5 liches with him no problem. What more could you want?

Here's my Ash build. Just 2 Forma, and I know I might be overboard with survivability, but that's how I build. Works great:
https://overframe.gg/build/84363

Bug with Fass residue on mission resume.

After the mission had finished, I can see everything I got. But, after skiping that screen If I go to the menu and I click 'last mission results', Fass residue doesn't appear: (In the previous summary It was after Sly Tag). Furthemore, In this case, I got 20 fass residue, that I think It's the max anyone can get in a run; I'm not sure if that could be interesting to know and fix this bug.9LiI3ei.jpg

1 hour ago, RenzorTheRed said:

Not useless without augments, lol. You shouldn't consider a frame's usefulness when compared against others. You just consider it by itself when you're using it for effectiveness and fun.

Finally someone that understands. It's so refreshing to see someone else that can think this way.

21 hours ago, Velaethia said:

All I can think of here is "anything is possible when you lie" also "anything stated without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Not gonna explain your claims than you're lying or might as well be. :) 

You know, there's this website called "Google" ? Here's a quick tutorial on how to use it:

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=warframe+lv1000

Please make Xaku's stolen weapons ignore the target under gaze's control, or ever better, make it so you don't need a target to cast gaze. Currently, gaze and grasp of lohk has anti-synergy, and it's also really annoying when the weapons keep shooting a target that might already be dead.

Edit: Having a lot of fun with Xaku after the changes tho

On 2020-09-17 at 4:55 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  •  
    • Radial damage was never meant to exceed the target’s Health and this was our bad. The desired strategy we wanted was players prioritizing tank units like Heavy Gunners to do AOE clears since heavy units have more Health than normal, thus the radial AOE would likely be lethal, not just normal units. This issue combined with numerous bugs of Mods stacking meant this was way over powered. A key part of reviewing these changes will be ensuring that players understand the best case scenario we envision for the power is targeting high-Health enemies to do radial damage to weaker enemies. 

are we like... wizards or charles xavier to know whats on your mind and know this kind of stuff?!! you never put this neither in the description of the ability or here on the forums.

Il y a 21 heures, Slayer-. a dit :

You must have missed my post.

Here is the fix if you missed it. :tongue: I simplified it for you by adding a better description.

Thanks for your help but this time it didn't work at all... 

Here are the steps I've done :

1 _ Buy a kitgun kit at Zuud (I'd already sold my elder kitgun lots of years ago)

2_ Build a kitgun and visit an OpenWorld (OW) : no effect

3_ Pex until lvl30 and visit an OW : no effect 

4_ Gild the Kitgun and visit an OW : no effect

5_ repeat the step 3 : no effect 

6_ try the others OW : no effect

Conclusion : got a Gaze maxed on my profile but nothing else. DE should fix it because that's a nonsense as I am a 100% profile runner and i don't want to spend my time replaying useless and expensive weapons. It already happend to me with the Mk1 Furax because of the Korrudo but there's a huge difference between spending 5k creds on the shop and Mining/Fishing/Hunting for a useless weapon. That's why i don't run the pets of Deimos as it's pretty sure that they'll also bug... 

2 hours ago, TheOriginalNeko said:

Thanks for your help but this time it didn't work at all... 

Here are the steps I've done :

1 _ Buy a kitgun kit at Zuud (I'd already sold my elder kitgun lots of years ago)

2_ Build a kitgun and visit an OpenWorld (OW) : no effect

3_ Pex until lvl30 and visit an OW : no effect 

4_ Gild the Kitgun and visit an OW : no effect

5_ repeat the step 3 : no effect 

6_ try the others OW : no effect

Conclusion : got a Gaze maxed on my profile but nothing else. DE should fix it because that's a nonsense as I am a 100% profile runner and i don't want to spend my time replaying useless and expensive weapons. It already happend to me with the Mk1 Furax because of the Korrudo but there's a huge difference between spending 5k creds on the shop and Mining/Fishing/Hunting for a useless weapon. That's why i don't run the pets of Deimos as it's pretty sure that they'll also bug... 

That sucks sorry it didn't work, I pasted it up for the reason it worked for all my Kitguns, I'd already mastered them and still had them, so I took them out into an open world I did mine on Deimos and it fixed the profile viewing of them.

You let the door shut behind you in the OW, try killing something with it to see if that rattles it, other than that you'll have to wait on DE to fix it. :sad:

il y a une heure, Slayer-. a dit :

That sucks sorry it didn't work, I pasted it up for the reason it worked for all my Kitguns, I'd already mastered them and still had them, so I took them out into an open world I did mine on Deimos and it fixed the profile viewing of them.

You let the door shut behind you in the OW, try killing something with it to see if that rattles it, other than that you'll have to wait on DE to fix it. :sad:

It happen ^^. Yeah i did some out-in fast tries and out-in with a random action (K-Drive, Archwing, Mining ...). I've been annoyed this mornign but anyway I'll farm my kitguns again. Just hope it'll happend never again with somes guilded or complicated stuff like pets and moas or factions stuffs. Thanks a lot for your help =) 

ps : Now the Gaze I farmed this morning get unknown from my profile in this afternoon log in xD.

1 hour ago, TheOriginalNeko said:

It happen ^^. Yeah i did some out-in fast tries and out-in with a random action (K-Drive, Archwing, Mining ...). I've been annoyed this mornign but anyway I'll farm my kitguns again. Just hope it'll happend never again with somes guilded or complicated stuff like pets and moas or factions stuffs. Thanks a lot for your help =) 

ps : Now the Gaze I farmed this morning get unknown from my profile in this afternoon log in xD.

Try having the MR 30 Primary Kitgun out and shoot some enemies, be the host and try it on Deimos. if it still doesn't work it sounds like a DE fix.

How I worked it out I remembered back to the days of Orb Vallis when the K-Drives weren't showing MR in players profiles, we knew they were correct, to fix them we just equipped the K-Drive went out into Orb Vallis did a trick or two on it then back into Fortuna which made them show as Mastered in our profiles.

I'd recommend removing the cycling action of Xaku's 3 just for usability.

Combine Gaze with Deny's laser. The laser would be how you apply Gaze.
Make Accuse the hold-to-cast.

Alternatively, invert the cycle control. Tapping should cast, Holding should cycle.

Archived