Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't beat Corpus Disruption Steel Path Solo

Ifeno

Question

I'm having a lot of trouble with the Corpus Disruption missions on the Steel Path.  I'm determined to 100% the Steel Path solo and I'm very close but I just cannot for the life of me deal with the Demolists.  Any and all builds / advice / general input is highly recommended.

11 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Ifeno said:

I'm having a lot of trouble with the Corpus Disruption missions on the Steel Path.  I'm determined to 100% the Steel Path solo and I'm very close but I just cannot for the life of me deal with the Demolists.  Any and all builds / advice / general input is highly recommended.

i was using mesa when was doing the distruptions an having both magus lock down with zenruik focus with the void blast slow ability.
making it so i had way to slow the demos down an give me chance to take them out with mesas peacmaker

Yeah, so a few people have mentioned elements of this, but here's the run-down of things that affect Demolysts and the combo that I used.

For a start, you don't have to keep the Conduits alive as long as you hit the Demolysts hard and fast as soon as you hear them, so take a frame that can survive close combat with those Demolysts, not something to deal with the regular Corpus. Inaros Prime is a very good pick as he can just straight-up tank the damage without his abilities and use weapons to deal the most damage.

Operator attacks are useful, so Magus Lockdown is immediately helpful, but will wear off and become less effective the more you use it. Zenurik's Void Blast ability, however, the slow portion, will slow enemies by about 80% and this is where the combo is amazing; Slowed enemies recover from Magus Lockdown slower.

Then it's just a matter of a weapon that can deal massive single-hit damage to the enemy over and over. I personally used a Heavy Attack build for the Karyst Prime that focused on raw damage, crit and Toxin to bypass the shields. (Oh, and if you want some modding for the dagger, I'll post a build, but I'll trust your intelligence on that part.)

Strategy is then to plug the key in, keep your ears on a swivel for the sound of the Demolyst (because you can hear the pulses before you see the marker), sprint to it, drop into Operator mode, Dash to activate Magus Lockdown, use melee to Operator Void Blast and slow its recovery down, back into your frame and Heavy Attack over and over until it dies.

It's a quick run if you get the rhythm right.

10 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

Fatal Teleport Ash, Hammer with Finishing Touch and attack speed, then spam 3 on demo till its dead. Works on all demos except Bursa.
On Jupiter, all amalgams are immune to finishers. Magus Lockdown the demo then spam Scythe heavy attack (does heavy bleeds).

So THAT'S why my FT Ash was useless against them.  That makes a lot of sense, gonna try again with the the Heavy Attack Scythe idea you mentioned.

Archived