Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth War Cry kinda working?

Gasau

I want to put it on my atlas to become super CHAD but for some reason Ethernal War aug dont work with melee skills at all.  (khora whip to)

FA2vwU1.png

So duh. I don't even know this is a bug or a feature. Is this how it should be? not logical at all. So I'll post it here and not on the bug forum.

Some official answer would be nice.

7 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

What exactly is the problem here? Eternal War not getting the time extension by kills with atlas' 1?

Given they said skills, I would assume his landslide, yeah.

@GasauCan you check whether this is a subsume variant issue, or whether it affects Atlas when buffed by an ally Valkyr as well? Always better to have more information.

As for the issue, I wouldn't be surprised if this is intentional. Landslide is not a melee weapon. It's an ability that pulls mods from your melee weapon. 

Iron Staff/Hysteria/Exalted Blade = Ability that summons a melee weapon.

Landslide/Whipclaw = Ability with extra modding.

15 минут назад, DeMonkey сказал:

Landslide is not a melee weapon. It's an ability that pulls mods from your melee weapon. 

Yes, but aug description is "+2sec for melee kill." And it also work with valkyr summon weapons.

Atlas landslide it's a melee hit it even builds up combos. I see no reason for it not to work.

here i make a video expample.  

6 минут назад, Kylo. сказал:

Exalted Melee == Melee

First Ability that works with a Melee Stat Stick != Melee

Any more questions?

Ah. 

And today I learned that Exalted and Pseudo-Exalted things exist at all. Information that is not even on the wiki (or is difficult to find) and which I must somehow mythically guess because the game does not say anything about it at all.

+2 sec for each melee kill - stated in the description

I propose to replace the description of the mod with

+2 sec for each melee kill and you have to read several thousand pages of wikipedia to understand what counts as a melee kill and what doesn't with exalted or pseudo-Exalted stuff. It's too difficult for us to explain everything in the game. Regards DE.

1 hour ago, Gasau said:

you have to read several thousand pages of wikipedia to understand what counts as a melee kill and what doesn't with exalted or pseudo-Exalted stuff. It's too difficult for us to explain everything in the game.

I'd propose putting this on practically everything in the game.

For real they should at least update it to say "+2 sec for each kill with melee weapon." 

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

@GasauCan you check whether this is a subsume variant issue, or whether it affects Atlas when buffed by an ally Valkyr as well? Always better to have more information.

I always had the impression that Allies buffed by Valkyr only had Valkyr's duration, i.e. Valkyr melee kills extend Warcry by 2sec for everyone, but Allies' melee kills don't extend it at all.

Was I always wrong ? Or just matchmade with teammates who never melee killed anything, despite me wonderfully trying to get them all in range upon cast ? :(

1 hour ago, Gasau said:

+2 sec for each melee kill and you have to read several thousand pages of wikipedia to understand what counts as a melee kill and what doesn't with exalted or pseudo-Exalted stuff. It's too difficult for us to explain everything in the game. Regards DE.

Except you don't need any wiki pages.

It is very simple:
Landslide is a skill that deals damage.  That does not count for melee never has.
Whipclaw is a skill that deals damage.  That does not count for melee never has.
Further Examples that could be seen as "melee" to some people:
Iron Jab is a skill that deals damage.  That does not count for melee never has.
Slash Dash is a skill that deals damage.  That does not count for melee never has.

What about exalted weapons?
Exalted blade is a skill that summons a melee weapon.  Kills with the actual melee part (not the energy waves it shoots out) count as melee kills.
Primal Fury is a skill that summons a melee weapon.  Kills with the iron staff count as melee kills.

Do you see the huge, and rather simple, difference between the two categories?
One is a skill that does an attack.  Any kills by those skills count as ability kills because they are a skill.
One is a skill that summons a weapon but doesn't do the killing itself.  Any kills by those skills count as weapon skills because you're using an actual equipable weapon.

27 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

It's there though "melee kill" landslide and whipclaw are abilities 

It's just a suggestion to make it clearer. I was simply try to help refining the description by adding just a single word; something I think have very minimal effect on the game but does help clarify it. 

Also you people take the OP's hyperbole statement waaaaay too seriously.  

43 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I always had the impression that Allies buffed by Valkyr only had Valkyr's duration, i.e. Valkyr melee kills extend Warcry by 2sec for everyone, but Allies' melee kills don't extend it at all.

Was I always wrong ? Or just matchmade with teammates who never melee killed anything, despite me wonderfully trying to get them all in range upon cast ? :(

Thhhhhhats a good point. And theres no subsumable Helminth abilities like Landslide that Valkyr can get, are there? Yeah, fair point, can't test.

3 hours ago, Gasau said:

Yes, but aug description is "+2sec for melee kill." And it also work with valkyr summon weapons.

Atlas landslide it's a melee hit it even builds up combos. I see no reason for it not to work.

here i make a video expample.  

Its an ability purely, exaulted weapons are still weapons technically, but abilities like landslide are purely ability.

Archived