The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did they ever fix scintillant?

Reaver_X

Drop rates for bounties have been fixed. 

Wiki says T1 bounty has a 8.33% chance to drop from stage 3

T2 bounty has a 18.42% chance from Stage 1 and 8.97% T2 stage 2

I've been farming Frost/Ember relics and I've gotten more than enough scintillant to craft a second Xaku to subsume and Quassus in a couple days.

I'm not interested in mechs so I have no idea how they spawn in vaults now and I haven't bothered to look it up. 

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

They spawn pretty often there, if "often" means about once every 5 full T3runs. ^^

IDK if that's a good or bad thing. 

If you need Scintillant that sucks but if you already have everything crafted it really does not matter if they spawn. 

The whole Scintillant situation was doomed from it's introduction imo. We only need 12 total to craft everything (17 if you count a second Xaku for helminth). It's a resource that we don't need much of so DE gives it a ridiculously low drop chance. Community rages because it's too hard to get so DE "fixes" it. Now the loot pool is diluted with a resource we will never use again. 

I don't think we need ultra rare resources like Scintillant. We already have hundreds of different resources. DE should have just added it as an expensive craftable recipe that you can buy at rank 5 Entrati. This way it would still be a grind and drag out the whole process so we don't get everything in a day then complain that there is no content. That grind would be an obtainable goal that wasn't 100% rng dependent though. DE slows us down and we aren't victims of rng. Everybody wins. 

2 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

The whole Scintillant situation was doomed from it's introduction imo. We only need 12 total to craft everything (17 if you count a second Xaku for helminth). It's a resource that we don't need much of so DE gives it a ridiculously low drop chance. Community rages because it's too hard to get so DE "fixes" it. Now the loot pool is diluted with a resource we will never use again. 

Yes I have over 40-50 extra after crafting all the things.
Also they could put it in the helminth also so there is a chance to use it again.

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

Yes I have over 40-50 extra after crafting all the things.
Also they could put it in the helminth also so there is a chance to use it again.

Every resource should be helminth food. The helminth is a good resource sink but not even 1/3 of total resources are useable. 

Then there is Sentient Appetite resources that only come from Cetus. It would be nice if we had a resources from every open world in this category. Things like Scintillant and toroids would seem to fit here. Maybe even Vome and Fass residue.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Berzerkules:

IDK if that's a good or bad thing. 

If you need Scintillant that sucks but if you already have everything crafted it really does not matter if they spawn. 

I don't think we need ultra rare resources like Scintillant. We already have hundreds of different resources. DE should have just added it as an expensive craftable recipe that you can buy at rank 5 Entrati. This way it would still be a grind and drag out the whole process so we don't get everything in a day then complain that there is no content. That grind would be an obtainable goal that wasn't 100% rng dependent though. DE slows us down and we aren't victims of rng. Everybody wins. 

Yeah, the game would really benefit from less RNG drops and more goals, that the players could actually work towards...

2 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Every resource should be helminth food. The helminth is a good resource sink but not even 1/3 of total resources are useable. 

Then there is Sentient Appetite resources that only come from Cetus. It would be nice if we had a resources from every open world in this category. Things like Scintillant and toroids would seem to fit here. Maybe even Vome and Fass residue.

saying that all resources should be Helminth Food and that DE shouldn't make resources like Scintillant? get out of here and take your logic with you, there's no place for that kind of common sense here. 

Spoiler

you're right BTW. totally agree Scintillant-gate would have been avoided if it were a BP, and Helminth should be able to eat ANY resource.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

get out of here and take your logic with you, there's no place for that kind of common sense here. 

I'm sorry sir. My logic and I will be going now. If you would be so kind as to point me in the direction of anther game it would be greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Drop rates for bounties have been fixed. 

RE: for posterity, specifically for Scintillant, the rest of the stuff in Bounties is still chaos. partly because as usual the UI is horrible and lies to the Player.

Before any changes I got all my scidaddleants from vault mech drops while doing them for other reasons as well, and back then I saw zero dropping from bounties but now I see them like every 5 bounties or something so yeah somethings changed. 

Dont need them anymore but theres most likely gonna be more content that requires it in the future so at least I have a stack waiting. 

• Bounty drops are more or less fixed - they mentioned Scintillant specifically in patch notes, but (anecdotally) I've noticed Xaku's parts also being much more available, despite originally being so much rarer than the 'rare' tier I literally thought one was bugged into not dropping at all.
  • Random in-world spawns of Scintillant in IsoVaults are unreliable, but you can at least notice them much more easily now.
  • Scintillant drops from IsoVault mech fights are more than reliable enough now that they fixed the problem of all non-Matrix drops from Mechs (i.e. scintillant drops and damaged Mech part drops) having no collision and falling irrecoverably out of bounds.

Shouldn't be a problem. You only need a theoretical 17 to build everything you could possibly want from them currently. Mechs and fixed bounty tables being reliable provides plenty.

People say that it's been fixed and now has a better drop chance but I've been farming it for nearly 6 hours non-stop in Isolation Vaults with khora, nekros, smeeta, drop chance and double drop but didn't get a single drop from any source

btw. since Deimos release, i've got a total of 3 scintillants while farming all mods from hunts from all rotations

3 hours ago, kauecp said:

People say that it's been fixed and now has a better drop chance but I've been farming it for nearly 6 hours non-stop in Isolation Vaults with khora, nekros, smeeta, drop chance and double drop but didn't get a single drop from any source

btw. since Deimos release, i've got a total of 3 scintillants while farming all mods from hunts from all rotations

Quite unlucky, but I dont think khora works on the mechs though? 

• 2 weeks later...

I got 2 scintillant from the first few bounties I did on day 1 of Deimos. Been doing bounties pretty much every day since and haven't got any more. Spent most of yesterday doing ISO vaults and not one drop. Also I have yet to get any Xaku parts. So taking this into account, for me Xaku parts are more rare than scintillant.  😕

• 2 weeks later...

Today got my 12th scintillant drop

For the record, I've done enough Isolation Vauts to reach max rank with Loid (all hunts after drops hotfix) and I've got a total of 0 scintillants from it. Either as drop or floating

All that I got came from T2 hunt rewards. Which is considered as a common reward

The strategy was doing only the first phase of a T2 hunt to get only common rewards

It was possible to find a quick task and doing it in 2 ~ 2:30 mins. This way I got it in 1 out of 10 runs

Today I got lucky and got my 12th on my 4th run

Gl everyone

Archived