Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 30 catastrophy

Norm_von_Dolbit

On 2020-10-15 at 9:48 PM, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

So you honestly think the years building up to MR30 and the 2.2 million mastery isn't worth special things? It should be just like everything other rank? No distinction even though this has been the end goal for years?

at what part of my response did i mention mr 30 should not get anything?people who waited should get something and they are getting something. my response was towards the OP's claim that pre-mr30 rewards are useless. because they are not. they are freebies, qol bonuses that you earn and i will never agree on the OP's claims that people should be rewarded more and thats why I said s/he was being greedy.

Been here for 7 years, and i don`t care about rewards for MR30... Only thing in which i could be interested is exponential growth of frames stats (like every forma adding 1% to all stats). Everything DE has announced, except for relay blessing, seems to be absolutely useless for me... I am allready like ingame Saitama and growth of single strength attribute won`t make a difference, but if my energy cost for abilities would be zero it could make place for new and insanely fun gameplay... So, i hope that you get my point... 

There is nothing ultimately gamechanging in MR30 rewards, a shame to see such potential squandred...

ALSO: DE, PLEASE! Buff radial javelin, so it would actually be somewhat useful, like armor stripping\armor buff for every target or something else...

15 hours ago, (PS4)RAY_is_GOD said:

So i dont know how to quote bc I'm stupid but OP said that umbra formas arent farmable and they are. The drop chance is absolutely #*!%ing abysmal but you can do it.

Edit- OPS been playing since 2014 they aren't Mr 29 right now because they chose not to be 

From what? Please inform us. 

Heaven forbid DE gives a love letter to those who have stuck with the game and supported it the most. MR30 players should be rewarded, and 3 Umbra Formas is a nice way to do it without giving away something that nobody else could get. Because A: Everyone should have at least 1 Umbra Forma by now. B: No godly builds require 3 Umbra Forma, barely any need 2. C: You can still get the 3 Umbra Forma if you work towards MR30. It's not a time-gated thing.

The buff is literally a reward that helps EVERYONE. 

And as far as elitism, I've had more people be MR16 and give me crap for being MR29 and NOT only playing the meta. So I have no idea where you get the idea that MR30 will suddenly be a bunch of mean-girls who ruin the game for everyone.

As Ray_is_God already mentioned, you've been playing since 2014. How are you NOT at least in the high 20's of MR? It doesn't even sound like you explore the equipment in the game much, why would you care if someone else has more forma?

MR system was already unhealthy and now they are compelling everyone to grind all the MR fodder trash by leeching XP and spending money to buy the unobtainable/vaulted stuff.

MR needs a rework, XP acquisition needs a rework to be rewarded more for actively playing not passively leeching being the best.  But we all know DE  - this will never happen.

When I heard about the blessing part I thought it was a terrible idea. And I still think it is. Going to a relay see if you can get a blessing. Oh not the blessing I needed. Go to a different instance. See again. You're hopping from relay to relay from instance to instance to get something that allows you to be a bit more efficient when you play. Meh. Sucks balls.

I think it would have been a lot better if MR30 players got something to show for it and not give them blessings that will annoy you for the rest of your time with Warframe. From seeing the devstream I do see why they went this route, but I think the issue will lie in its execution.

On another note I care not for MR, like at all. It's meaningless to begin with. You only need to get to MR16 to be able to use everything in the game. Aside from that it just shows you're a bit of a nutbag for playing this game so much ;)

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

I think it would have been a lot better if MR30 players got something to show for it and not give them blessings that will annoy you for the rest of your time with Warframe. From seeing the devstream I do see why they went this route, but I think the issue will lie in its execution.

They just hid a reward for lower MRs behind MR30. MR30 deserve an actual special item they can show off constantly that will stand the test of time. A crown (going in the auxiliary) for your Tenno and/or frame would be very awesome. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

They just hid a reward for lower MRs behind MR30. MR30 deserve an actual special item they can show off constantly that will stand the test of time. A crown (going in the auxiliary) for your Tenno and/or frame would be very awesome. 

I agree.

This is why we can't have nice things, there's always that one person. Now let's face it, no matter what DE did in regards to MR30 someone would be complaining about the rewards. What's silly, is that no one is prevented from getting to 30, sure some weapons have stupid availability but that's a different topic. MR30 has always been the 'endpoint' for ranks, and should be worth reaching with useful rewards. 

22 minutes ago, vomder said:

This is why we can't have nice things, there's always that one person. Now let's face it, no matter what DE did in regards to MR30 someone would be complaining about the rewards. What's silly, is that no one is prevented from getting to 30, sure some weapons have stupid availability but that's a different topic. MR30 has always been the 'endpoint' for ranks, and should be worth reaching with useful rewards. 

Yea. Unlike an emote which you have to actively show off in order to get use; but if you do, you're just a show off. 

The Umbra Forma and riven slots sill get use but arent unique for MR30s. 

You mention end point and it reminded me that they are now doing legendary ranks. I think that the crown idea I mentioned could become cooler the higher your legendary rank. Every three ranks it could change shape, and it could change bronze, silver, and gold as it goes up (just like how it works now). An evolving crown!!!! Could also allow the person to choose which version they want to have active. 

On 2020-10-11 at 11:25 AM, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

MR 30 getting once a day rellay booster for affinity\damge\resource etc. and bunch of other "sweeties" while lower ranks remain unadressed.

Oof, this is poor release management. Always go back and edit your old content before pushing the new loot. Ruins your entire economy if you don't.

Well, hopefully they have actual reworks on the burners ready to roll out by next year.

On 2020-10-12 at 10:49 AM, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

If only there was an actual indicator of skill level and not just how many toys someone has played with. 

MR Tests are supposedly that skill level indicator, which is why we can't skip the test.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived