Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 30 catastrophy

Norm_von_Dolbit

The latest devstream brought some pretty good news, especially glad to hear that old systems would be revised. However, the news about what rank 30 would be like shocked me.
UP to rank 30, players do not receive ANY significant or new advantages / opportunities over players of a lower rank, even the latest innovation - Helminth, is now available from rank 8, which is a joke. As a result, we have a situation where <30 rank NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES AND BONUSES AT ALL. > = 30 all of a sudden the player has something that is not available at a lower rank. I would understand this if rank 30 was something easily achievable, but this is far from the case, with such an attitude you DEVALUE the work and achievements of ALL players who are below rank 30. You are either rank 30 or you are nobody.
 I am very upset about this situation and consider it critical.

ADDED: I think i need to note that i don't want to take away upcoming rewards from MR 30 players, i think that lower ranks needs to be adressed too. Also i'm against elitism.

56 minutes ago, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

UP to rank 30, players do not receive ANY significant or new advantages / opportunities over players of a lower rank

The ability to farm standing way faster and hoard way more void traces is a great advantage, imho. And while I do like to be rewarded for my efforts, I would dislike it if I got too big of a reward that would promote elitism from high MR players. The rewards are subtle, they are evergreen, and that's enough for me.

I would advocate for a complete revison of MR, however. Better tests, better reward allocation such as weapons and systems like Helminth, and so on.

1 hour ago, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

Helminth, is now available from rank 8, which is a joke.

Agreed.

Цитата

The ability to farm standing way faster and hoard way more void traces is a great advantage, imho.

You just improve max capasity, ALL players have access to this resources from the beginning, so as i said it is not significant nor new. Just a QOL change over time.

Цитата

I would advocate for a complete revison of MR, however. Better tests, better reward allocation such as weapons and systems like Helminth, and so on.

Absolutely agree.

You need to play other games ..... this business about being mr 30 is worrying. The game is shallow to the extreme and not very rewarding .... why worry about it so much? Do you want to look like "gods" to other players? Please evolve .... I'm mr 29 and I'm screwing about this business. Nothing relevant will happen because the game itself is of little relevance ....

Once we hit Mastery Rank 30, I feel DE should rebalance Mastery locks to scale up to 30. However, this might heavily affect their bottom line as accessibility does affect their income as new players having access to new content gives them more reason to spend money and invest in new systems. Gating those systems would be healthier for progression, but could ultimately result in a huge profit loss if done improperly or at all. I am not sure how to respond to this thread because I am not sure if there is a solution to this that benefits DE and players simultaneously. I would just get to 30 because it's the next rank and be done with it.

The only thing I am concerned about is Legendary Ranks. I do hope Founders lose their Affinity at Mastery Rank 30 for their gear so Legendary Ranks are an equal playing field.

2 hours ago, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

You are either rank 30 or you are nobody.

Up to the the last devstream, none of the MR 29's knew what rewards are in store for reaching MR 30. MR has been in the system for so long and I think 7 years plus of WF existence is enough time for every player to ponder how to progress in the game. Some players even consider mastery as a joke to equate skill with its namesake. MR is spat upon like it was nothing and no high MR player is considered a somebody.

I am not trying to stir up anything, just curious. Instead of being upset and feeling like a nobody, why can't you just be happy for other players who did the grind and think that it will be yours too once you reached MR 30? How did the uptake in rewards for MR 30 suddenly devalues anybody else's work? DE obviously cannot wait for everyone to reach MR30 especially now that some are already a stone throw away from achieving it. It just had to be done because some deserves to be rewarded for supporting WF for the longest time like the founders (I am not one). Anyway, no one is missing anything unless you decide not to progress or IRL situations forbids you to.

The Helminth being MR 8 affects all of us, personally, DE can do whatever they want that they see fit to attract new players. It doesn't affect me. I feel a tad bit sorry though for new players who will attempt to feed it.

4 hours ago, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

The latest devstream brought some pretty good news, especially glad to hear that old systems would be revised. However, the news about what rank 30 would be like shocked me.
UP to rank 30, players do not receive ANY significant or new advantages / opportunities over players of a lower rank, even the latest innovation - Helminth, is now available from rank 8, which is a joke. As a result, we have a situation where <30 rank NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES AND BONUSES AT ALL. > = 30 all of a sudden the player has something that is not available at a lower rank. I would understand this if rank 30 was something easily achievable, but this is far from the case, with such an attitude you DEVALUE the work and achievements of ALL players who are below rank 30. You are either rank 30 or you are nobody.

I missed the devstream

what did they say about 30 that's so shocking?

Цитата

How did the uptake in rewards for MR 30 suddenly devalues anybody else's work?

"UP to rank 30, players do not receive ANY significant or new advantages / opportunities." Pls read more carefully. Once a day booster this is a new and significant opportunity, nothing even remotely comes close to this(as reward for reaching previous ranks).

Цитата

Instead of being upset and feeling like a nobody, why can't you just be happy for other players who did the grind and think that it will be yours too once you reached MR 30?

I don't know how to unswer this, do you really understand point of this thread and the problem?

Цитата

It just had to be done because some deserves to be rewarded for supporting WF for the longest time like the founders (I am not one).

I somwhere said that we need to take reward from them? I'm just telling that lower ranks needs to be adressed too. I'll tell you more, the reward DE anounced for rank 30 is a joke, why in the hell player who already got almost 99,99% of content and got nothing to lvlup needs a resource or affinity booster? This reward is something for MR ~22+. Founders deserves something more valuable for them.

10 minutes ago, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

I somwhere said that we need to take reward from them? I'm just telling that lower ranks needs to be adressed too. I'll tell you more, the reward DE anounced for rank 30 is a joke, why in the hell player who already got almost 99,99% of content and got nothing to lvlup needs a resource or affinity booster? This reward is something for MR ~22+. Founders deserves something more valuable for them.

8 minutes ago, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

MR 30 getting once a day rellay booster for affinity\damge\resource etc. and bunch of other "sweeties" while lower ranks ramain unadressed.

All this is telling me is why can't you be satisfied too even though you are nowhere near MR30. Do you have any reasonable proposal how "sweeties" can get to you while DE is rewarding the MR30s?

8 hours ago, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

MR 30 getting once a day rellay booster for affinity\damge\resource etc. and bunch of other "sweeties" while lower ranks remain unadressed.

You didn't pay close attention. This blesses all players on the relay at the time a MR 30 player activates it. So yes it is in the control of the lifer, but it affects lower players as well.

17 hours ago, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

UP to rank 30, players do not receive ANY significant or new advantages / opportunities over players of a lower rank, even the latest innovation - Helminth, is now available from rank 8, which is a joke. As a result, we have a situation where <30 rank NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES AND BONUSES AT ALL. > = 30 all of a sudden the player has something

So I believe that for Helminth they got pressured into lowering it to mr8 from above, due to mr8 being close to the average active player mr. When Steve was doing a pre-release stream as deimos was preparing to launch he did respond to chat stating that "mr 8 is not experienced" with, "i know". I think something is going on there. It would make sense that they might want to use Helminth to generate hype, bring players into the update, even though there was already content for everyone in there besides the helminth. its a bone-head move to lower the MR but I can understand the choice form a PR perspective I guess.

I do think that the positive effects on modding as you increase in MR is a great boon, and a really good reason to do it. Formaing weapons and frames at mr29 is really nice. Though you could say that formaing is perhaps "good enough" at mr 16-20 as well. Helminth would have been good at 15, 15 was a perfect number for it. It would indeed be nice if there were more things to unlock as you progressed. now the last thing is at mr 16 with rivens, something people should probably ignore mostly anyways.

Im curious if there is actually too much stuff put on early progression right now. When I began there was just the Plains as far as open worlds, now you have 3 as you leave Mars, that must be really overwhelming, cant be good for retention either..

can't believe someone is even complaining about mr lmao. what I love about this game is the community, players MR20+ above willing to baby sit newbies like they are the ones who seeks for people to help. MR doesnt make you 'someone' its just a mere indicator of how long you played and grinded. and the loadouts, standing cap that you are basically calling nothing is a big difference. like for me who is on my 50th+ day had to wait for x days to complete my entrati farm for helminth compared to my clan mates who has higher standing cap. this cap also enables you to farm more syndicate points which you can sell for plat. so dont really know what the hell you whining about not being able to receive something. you are not being forced to grind to mr30. you can play the game the same way those mr30 does. the rewards for the mr30 is basically DE saying 'thank you for staying for all this years', thats the way I see it. this game is easy, stop asking to be spoonfed

On 2020-10-11 at 1:38 PM, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

You just improve max capasity, ALL players have access to this resources from the beginning, so as i said it is not significant nor new. Just a QOL change over time.

That is not quite accurate. Certain thresholds for daily standing capacity make some new farms possible once you reach them. For example I am currently farming vox Solaris (Littel Duck syndicate) standing, and the efficient way to do so is using the toroids from Orb Mothers. Crisma is 6K, Lazulite is 12K standing. So your ability to gain rep jumps in efficiency once your daily standing limit reaches 12K/18K/24K. Since each T5 arcane costs 210K to max, these efficiency gains are really significant.

Vox Solaris may be an extreme example of this, but even with other syndicates farming rep is much less depressing when you can gain 25-30K a day then when you can only gain 10K.

On 2020-10-11 at 12:04 PM, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

I would understand this if rank 30 was something easily achievable, but this is far from the case,

Except it IS (or, rather, WILL BE) easily achievable. All you need to do is play the game (a lot). But that's not something unexpected - you need to play the game to progress in the game. And you get in-game rewards by progressing in the game. You may not be able to get to MR30 as soon as it's achievable (I won't - among other things, I'm still missing 3 vaulted primes and their weapons/sentinels), but with a few further updates you'll be able to reach MR30 through just easily obtainable items.

By any chance, are you one of those people who "choose" to stay at a certain MR (usually, 8, 16, 18 or 20)? Because they "like the number"?

Archived