Jump to content
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 30 catastrophy


Norm_von_Dolbit

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

I think you missed the point OP was making in that quote. He's isn't saying lower ranks deserve the boosters (even though they are the ones needing them). He's saying that MR levels need a revamp (which they do because you get literally nothing between 16-30 beside the usual). Those boosters (except for the damage) are essentially pointless to MR30s. DE made those boosters for lower MR players and hid it behind the facade of being for MR30s.

Mastery ranks have never been about the issues presented in the original post. The concern that mr 30 players are getting something lower rank players do not get is irrelevant. The bonus is specifically designed to benefit thr dedication of the players who have earned mr 30. Spreading random crap among the lower ranks is directly in defiance of how digital extremes has defined mastery ranks for years.

Unlocking the ability to use better weapons, more loadout slots, more syndicate standing etc. Is enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

People want something unique for their effort. That's it. MR hasn't mattered substantially for far too long, and the time put in for MR30 should be rewarded in spades. 

i would agree if this was something that revolved around skill thus earning a meaningful reward, but MR revolves around leveling junk and discarding them for the next throwaway junk item, thats a pretty weak reason to warrant a juicy reward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

i would agree if this was something that revolved around skill thus earning a meaningful reward, but MR revolves around leveling junk and discarding them for the next throwaway junk item, thats a pretty weak reason to warrant a juicy reward.

You're approaching this from the wrong  perspective.

Mastery Rank is not a representation of skill BUT it IS a representation of time investment with Warframe. Time and (possibly) money. It takes hundreds if not thousands of hours for the average player to get to MR 30. 

And the 'juicy reward' is the ability for MR 30 players to give the players on a relay a buff. Boo hoo only MR 30 players get the ability to give players a 'juicy buff'. No one even knows what the buff will look like so ya'll need to just cool your jets and stop complaining.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

You're approaching this from the wrong  perspective.

Mastery Rank is not a representation of skill BUT it IS a representation of time investment with Warframe. Time and (possibly) money. It takes hundreds if not thousands of hours for the average player to get to MR 30. 

And the 'juicy reward' is the ability for MR 30 players to give the players on a relay a buff. Boo hoo only MR 30 players get the ability to give players a 'juicy buff'. No one even knows what the buff will look like so ya'll need to just cool your jets and stop complaining.

the registered statistic for time played in-game is the only representation of time invested, MR has nothing to do with it, it CAN be a rough and vague indicator, but nowhere near an accurate one, plenty of ppl (like me) pretty much dont bother advancing MR after 16 or so (and that only applies to my old original account that bothered going that far, i still have 2 zeros and another at mr5 that couldnt care less about advancing either).  I have met plenty of ppl that just stopped advancing MR that probably have more time invested than i do, i only have 2 accounts both with 1.2k hours played and another 2 with only a few hundred if that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-10-11 at 7:42 AM, Alpha_Tango said:

Up to the the last devstream, none of the MR 29's knew what rewards are in store for reaching MR 30. MR has been in the system for so long and I think 7 years plus of WF existence is enough time for every player to ponder how to progress in the game. Some players even consider mastery as a joke to equate skill with its namesake. MR is spat upon like it was nothing and no high MR player is considered a somebody.

I am not trying to stir up anything, just curious. Instead of being upset and feeling like a nobody, why can't you just be happy for other players who did the grind and think that it will be yours too once you reached MR 30? How did the uptake in rewards for MR 30 suddenly devalues anybody else's work? DE obviously cannot wait for everyone to reach MR30 especially now that some are already a stone throw away from achieving it. It just had to be done because some deserves to be rewarded for supporting WF for the longest time like the founders (I am not one). Anyway, no one is missing anything unless you decide not to progress or IRL situations forbids you to.

The Helminth being MR 8 affects all of us, personally, DE can do whatever they want that they see fit to attract new players. It doesn't affect me. I feel a tad bit sorry though for new players who will attempt to feed it.

I personally disagree with the mass consensus that mastery doesn't convey skill. Because in order to reach higher mastery's you have to, actually play the game. Experience does indeed make people better at things. Yes you can encounter incredibly good single digit MRs, and unbelievably bad MR25+s but that goes for any game with any sort of level system. But on a general level, the average skill of players rise with their mastery rank simply due to playing the game being a requirement to reach that point. and this scale spikes pretty high with whatever the highest few ranks are at any given time, due to the existence of gear that is unpurchaseable and incredibly difficult to get, that you will have to obtain to reach those levels. It's not so straightforward as "<10=bad, >20=good, max=god". I still see max MR players stumble into spy vaults and immediately trip the alarm like blind idiots, or get downed with a max rank inaros in regular star chart missions. But statistically you're more likely to encounter a more competent player the higher their MR is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

I personally disagree with the mass consensus that mastery doesn't convey skill. Because in order to reach higher mastery's you have to, actually play the game. Experience does indeed make people better at things. Yes you can encounter incredibly good single digit MRs, and unbelievably bad MR25+s but that goes for any game with any sort of level system. But on a general level, the average skill of players rise with their mastery rank simply due to playing the game being a requirement to reach that point. and this scale spikes pretty high with whatever the highest few ranks are at any given time, due to the existence of gear that is unpurchaseable and incredibly difficult to get, that you will have to obtain to reach those levels. It's not so straightforward as "<10=bad, >20=good, max=god". I still see max MR players stumble into spy vaults and immediately trip the alarm like blind idiots, or get downed with a max rank inaros in regular star chart missions. But statistically you're more likely to encounter a more competent player the higher their MR is.

I wish I can just outright tell you that I agree with you. But this is the kind of discussion I personally will not wallow in because it always end up with endless debates and what makes it worse is it will all be for a silly game.

This forum is a very, very petty one. No statistic or opinion will convince the other when it comes to skills measured by this games metric in Mastery Rank.

What I mentioned was how I honestly observed this particular lot views mastery. Personally, I don't care about it nor want to be validated by any number. I am just confident that I can deliver when I need to. What I do want however, is to squeeze all the fun I can experience out of WF, the quickest, most efficient, possible way. So far, that is by walking the path made by DE through MR. It is all about making choices. If you choose to ignore it, you can either be satisfied or scream at the top of your lungs for all I care. Just be sure that what your demanding for is reasonable or logical. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-10-15 at 5:19 AM, Norm_von_Dolbit said:

How base capacity even helpful? If you aware enough the fastest way to lvl up weapon is by letting other players kill stuff(Hydron, ESO), because of how affinity distribution works.
Higher standing is real thing if you can and want to complete some syndicate fast(which is case only for advanced players) and even then you have to wait multiple days for it. So one extra day will not make a weather.

Because spending time in a mission solely to level a weapon is a waste of time when I can fit most of a build in right off the bat, and just use it in actual missions. Hydron and ESO are complete wastes of time once you have 56 base capacity on a fresh weapon, unless you actively need loot from them. Which I haven't, for quite a while. Also, Weapons only level faster from shared affinity if it's the only weapon equipped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-10-13 at 5:55 PM, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Nothing is being devalued to me, so speak for yourself. I think MR 30 deserves this and see no issues at all. 

he wants stuff given to him at ranks 1-29

he wants all the things and rewards there are to be had, he wants them now, and when they're actually due, he wants them again

everything all the time now and then twice that

de is carefully observing and taking notes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Leqesai said:

And the 'juicy reward' is the ability for MR 30 players to give the players on a relay a buff. Boo hoo only MR 30 players get the ability to give players a 'juicy buff'. No one even knows what the buff will look like so ya'll need to just cool your jets and stop complaining.

So let me ask you... who gets the most use out of the affinity booster, credit booster, etc. 

The lower MRs do. They need the creds and mastery: We don't. The only buff we could possibly use that we've seen is a damage buff. It's still nothing truly unique that will stand the test of time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

So let me ask you... who gets the most use out of the affinity booster, credit booster, etc. 

The lower MRs do. They need the creds and mastery: We don't. The only buff we could possibly use that we've seen is a damage buff. It's still nothing truly unique that will stand the test of time. 

Its a good thing the mr 30 players give the buff to lower rank players at relays then, huh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Its a good thing the mr 30 players give the buff to lower rank players at relays then, huh?

You're missing the point. The big reward that DE is giving to MR30s is a reward for everyone that isn't MR30. It's a facade that DE is giving us. Give MR30s something unique and special that is for them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

You're missing the point. The big reward that DE is giving to MR30s is a reward for everyone that isn't MR30. It's a facade that DE is giving us. Give MR30s something unique and special that is for them. 

I dont misunderstand the point, at all. I just dont agree with you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, sitfesz said:

So you can keep ignoring mastery past 16? Sure, why bother with MR16 when you could just ask everything to be available at MR0?

almost everything decent was available as mr0 at 1 point (prime/baro gear), i went to 16 because as far back as 2013/14 i had multiple challenge accounts, i already have 2 dedicated mr0 accounts, a mr5 which is bare minimum for war within access so the higher mr account was just plodding on for some wpn access, totally forgetting what the high ceiling actually was, when i eventually bothered checking what the ceiling was i just stopped going higher all-together then later just made my oldest mr0 my actual main account, which a few months ago overtook my original main on time played.

As for wanting everythng available at mr0, its not like you even need it, even as a 0 you can just buy market/prime bundles and get whatever high rank wpn you want, DE's own system makes the MR system more worthless, its not like we even need every weapon out there, as mentioned many times the vast majority of them are garbage tier junk, this is often why new "content" DE release gets lukewarm reception as they are often just a new brief thing to be played for yet more weapons we didnt need with nowhere fun/interesting to use them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Methanoid said:

almost everything decent was available as mr0 at 1 point (prime/baro gear), i went to 16 because as far back as 2013/14 i had multiple challenge accounts, i already have 2 dedicated mr0 accounts, a mr5 which is bare minimum for war within access so the higher mr account was just plodding on for some wpn access, totally forgetting what the high ceiling actually was, when i eventually bothered checking what the ceiling was i just stopped going higher all-together then later just made my oldest mr0 my actual main account, which a few months ago overtook my original main on time played.

Why did you spend so much time with multiple accounts instead of making more progress on a single account? I can see maybe making a 0 for a challenge of using only stuff available to MR 0 or a minimum WW, but multiples? You chose to limit yourself and spin your wheels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

So they deserve nothing unique for the thousands of hours and dedication to this game? 2.2mil mastery.

Not one of us "deserve" anything for playing a video game.

Most people play video games for personal enjoyment, anyone playing a game to be acknowledged in some way need to reevaluate why they are playing the game in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, I'm not expecting anything for reaching rank 30 beyond the usual increase in base modding capacity, void trace storage and daily syndicate rep cap. I just don't see it as anything special, the same way as how I don't consider rank 30 on my guns to have any more meaning beyond the amount of mods that I can stuff in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Aldain said:

Not one of us "deserve" anything for playing a video game.

Obviously the players that put in thousands of hours and have played for years DO deserve something different considering the effort put in and the fact that DE is trying to do sonething for them. They put in a huge amount of time (or money or both) and effort into one single aspect of the game (technically two bc RJ). Leveling MR isn't JUST playing the game. If you don't see that MR30 is a very special milestone, then perhaps you haven't played enough? It's been a long anticipated point in warframe. In lore, it also makes sense to have something unique: Your Tenno has reached the skills of a True Master. That's big!!

 

Side Note: Take a moment to acknowledge how much time and effort it would take you to get to MR30 from your MR19. 

MR19=902,500 Mastery 

MR30=2,250,000 Mastery

Not only would you have to get 2.5x the mastery you have now, but that also entails maxing all intrinsic trees for a total of 4,096 intrinsic points (if not higher) AND re-running the ENTIRE star chart on Steel Path. It also entails you being active for stuff like Ceti Lacera and Basmu, spending a ton of Ducats or plat, farming out 30k cryotic or spending plat, etc. The list goes on. It's not as simple as it seems. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Why did you spend so much time with multiple accounts instead of making more progress on a single account? I can see maybe making a 0 for a challenge of using only stuff available to MR 0 or a minimum WW, but multiples? You chose to limit yourself and spin your wheels.

nope, there was simply not enough content back in the day, you either quit or found more stuff to do, which like others i also did, things are different now but a ton of new stuff is pretty hollow/pointless, just chasing more worthless weapons, thats hardly a big deal or incentive enough to bother.  There is no real limit, name something a bog standard MR0 cant handle?  theres literally nothing, "power" in warframe is all in the mods, mod ranks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Methanoid said:

nope, there was simply not enough content back in the day, you either quit or found more stuff to do, which like others i also did, things are different now but a ton of new stuff is pretty hollow/pointless, just chasing more worthless weapons, thats hardly a big deal or incentive enough to bother.  There is no real limit, name something a bog standard MR0 cant handle?  theres literally nothing, "power" in warframe is all in the mods, mod ranks.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...