Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Ensmallening: Part 2

[DE]Rebecca

This mean you'll go back and make all the newer primes after Mesa Prime have textures that are crisp and realistic like Mesa Prime?

Not sure what happened but general texture quality has gone down quite a bit since all Primes after mesa prime. Just look at the new Oscira bundle. The armor and everything look like hollow pieces of plastic with the textures painted on. I want stuff to look real and dense. I want my weapons to look like they have some weight to them like Tigris Prime does. Corinth Prime looks like a hollow mold with different colors painted on. It's part of the reason I stopped buying Prime access, The other being the Prime accessories have dropped to low-grade tennogen with gold accents.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Brunzwick said:

When can we expect to see part 1 on switch ?

*sigh* Long time from now. Switch is the only system WF is on that runs on a Tegra processor, so it uses massively different compression techniques than the other consoles and especially PC. If we get it, it's a ways out.

On 2020-10-30 at 1:43 AM, SortaRandom said:

I have no idea if this is caused by the Great Ensmallening changes, but yeah, as another HDD user, my game has been getting hella unstable as well.

Like, the best case scenario these days is that I'll get a few "step lag" spikes (like, momentary screen freezing) several times in a mission or in my ship. But as I play the game for longer periods of time (>~30min; even less if I spend a nonzero amount of time in Open World or Railjack), the lag spikes will rapidly increase in frequency to the point that the game feels unplayable. It "feels" similar to memory leakage, but seems to be rampant throughout the game now.

This is coming from a system that, until a couple months ago, would stay at a buttery smooth >60FPS under nearly all circumstances.

i have made the migration from HDD to SSD, its worth the pain(mostly because no one explains, but there is an index file outside of /common you gotta fetch as well when you move the warframe folder over [appmanifest_230410.acf by the way]

On 2020-11-02 at 9:36 AM, SordidDreams said:

No, I'm saying they have the same amount of detail in them. That was your question, which has more detail. If you want me to answer a different question, you need to ask it.

Its clear you do not understand what the word 'detail' means in this regard. Let me give you a clue, in this instance it doesn't mean a technical term. OK? Think of it like a painting. There is no sharpening in paintings.

Now i'll ask again which one has more detail?

9 hours ago, Ascythian said:

Its clear you do not understand what the word 'detail' means in this regard. Let me give you a clue, in this instance it doesn't mean a technical term. OK? Think of it like a painting. There is no sharpening in paintings.

Same answer as last time, same amount of detail in both. Sure, that answer would be different if I let you redefine "detail" to mean "noise", but I see no reason to let you do that.

10 hours ago, Ascythian said:

can i have a detail about how applying filter to certain raster graphics texture makes it more detailed without adding actual details. because it's certainly not working like that.

it does look noisy, jagged, pixelated or degraded at different elements, but it sure doesn't have more details because nobody did add or redo all those textures.

and same about real painting, to add details to some painting you gonna need draw those additional details.

it's just a filter and there's huge question about sanity in apply it to all textures directly instead of making it being some kind of visual settings option.

18 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Yep. It killed perfomance on open worlds.

13 fps on Plains of Eidolon, 17 fps on Orb Vallis and 14 fps on Cambion Drift.

And there's some other people on Heart of Deimos: TennoGen: 29.3.1 topic, that now have perfomance issues on open worlds 

6 часов назад, Uwtig сказал:

13 fps on Plains of Eidolon, 17 fps on Orb Vallis and 14 fps on Cambion Drift.

And there's some other people on Heart of Deimos: TennoGen: 29.3.1 topic, that now have perfomance issues on open worlds 

DE must responce to this

Some textures needs to be higher quality, especielly some lightmaps were you can see the shadows are way to pixelated, or in the open world the terrain textures are too pixelated; Also the underwater texture could be compressed even higher or totally removed since we barely even see it, just a thought :)20201105183708-1.jpg20201105204343-1.jpg20201105205613-1.jpg20201105205918-1.jpg20201105210033-1.jpg20201106152917-1.jpg20201106153111-1.jpg20201106183802-1.jpg20201107062229-1.jpg20201108183416-1.jpg

Archived