Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

rail jack

(PSN)masked-marlin

i am new but wanted to get some others opinion on what they felt about the rail jack AND  the idea of making the rail jack the main ship we go back to instead of the one we do and have the smaller one the one we use to just get down to the planets or what not. p.s i love the rail jack and p.s.s if you want to be toxic go answer somewhere else ty.

My opinion towards Railjack: unfinished, but possibly the highest-potential aspect in the game. It deserves more content and work.

Towards making it the 'main ship' - probably not. The Orbiter is iconic, and Railjack is very, very complicated to play. Having it be something the player builds up to is better. I'm for Railjack being one of the game's primary focuses going forward, but it shouldn't replace the Orbiter.

It might be interesting. However, RJ does not have a transference facility. It is a combat vehicle that can be accessed by the enemies, unlike the orbiter, which makes hosting the transference equipment very risky. Also, not sure if Cy can actually manage that without Ordis.

it won't replace the orbiter, one main reason beign that the Orbiter is hidden so that our enemies cannot find and destroy it. the Railjack doesn't have that ability (that cloaking ability it has is only temporary. 

but yes, I'm looking forward to Corpus Railjack missions. hoping for more mission variety, command intrinsic and some big laser battles!

I think options are good in this scenario as there will definitely be some that will prefer the orbiter and others that would want the RailJack.

There will also be some that would simply prefer to have their dojo as their spawn point too.

I'm not crazy about the RJ being connected to the orbiter via an umbilical currently but doing so maintains coherence, I guess.

Personally, what I'd love is for the orbiter model to be added as a skin and the landing craft just dock with it at the top.

The good news is that RJ has a ton of room to grow.

On 2020-11-14 at 12:13 PM, Loza03 said:

My opinion towards Railjack: unfinished, but possibly the highest-potential aspect in the game. It deserves more content and work.

Towards making it the 'main ship' - probably not. The Orbiter is iconic, and Railjack is very, very complicated to play. Having it be something the player builds up to is better. I'm for Railjack being one of the game's primary focuses going forward, but it shouldn't replace the Orbiter.

agree to the first part but to the second one not so much. idk or care if somethins is 'iconic' or not, this could and have to anyway, an optional choice - but technically there is only one thing that might be problematic and that is the users amount of decoration (if it were possible there). that could make it hell for potato user being a client in such ship. other than that, i always hoped DE would make this an option.

The Orbiter is not your landing craft, and it's not compatible with Railjack either. Your orbiter is a player space, it can be decorated, it has several production facilities, and none of that belongs on your Railjack Your Railjack is a uniform combat space, it's designed to include foe interaction and random match making navigation.

You don't need an incubator or a Helminth room in your Railjack, you don't need a market terminal or lounge room. And the whole point of the transference room is to hide the operators physical form while the cyborg proxy operates in battle, bringing your physical body into a Railjack battle is several orders of... let's just say it's not smart. 

If they did this all we would need is a quest that kicks are finger out and are operator takes its place.

Problem is the amount of cosmetics used on are landing craft. Would be hard to swap it over and in a Railjack missions would they vanish or stay and how much annoying placements could someone do?

On 2020-11-14 at 5:50 AM, (PSN)masked-marlin said:

i am new but wanted to get some others opinion on what they felt about the rail jack AND  the idea of making the rail jack the main ship we go back to instead of the one we do and have the smaller one the one we use to just get down to the planets or what not. p.s i love the rail jack and p.s.s if you want to be toxic go answer somewhere else ty.

Hi i have a blast with the game mode, but apart from easy leveling weapons and frames there's no incentive to go back once you have farmed all there its in there.

I go back from now and them to level up MR fodder weapons.

EDIT:

The game mode needs more variation in missions, more enemies and armament for the railjack. Its fun specially with friends but solo its nightmare.

Archived