Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I’m surprised there is no angel or demon style warframe yet.

(PSN)JonChaos6

Angel/demon frame sounds awfully generic. If you want the aesthetic, then there is wing accessories. Some helmets have horns, one has a halo...

If you're looking for some mashup of edgy demon powers, I doubt we'll get any frame that basic. Sevagoth and nekros has demonic undertones without being generic demon mode edgelords. 

Trinity and oberon have angelic undertones.

Overly biblical concepts won't be the only defining feature of frame design.

On 2021-02-15 at 9:37 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

But Warframe's Devs and the vast majority of Warframe's player base, live in places where the predominant religion is the Monotheistic faith, where there is a God, served by pure beings, and a Devil served by corrupt beings, and the religion is a modern thing with modern practitioners by the millions. This applies to Christianity, Judaism and Islam to greater and lesser degrees.

Slight correction here: Judaism is actually Henotheistic (other gods exist, but only one of them can be worshipped by adherents), not Monotheistic. It also doesn't really have a "devil" per se.

On 2021-02-15 at 6:35 AM, (PSN)JonChaos6 said:

You know what would be cool having a twin warframe come into the game. One bein an angel and the other bein a demon were one or the other becomes each other’s 4th ability. Depending on which one your using for a mission both having there own unique powers.  I just thought this may or may not work but I think we need an angel and a demon warframe to show up.

Closest frame to a demon theme or aesthetic is actually Harrow, whose theme is that of a dark priest. Well, demon or fallen angel more like it.

Edit 1: There are also Nezha, who is a deity in Chinese mythology, and Wukong who also has an angelic background apparently in the mythology.

Edit 2: Nezha being depicted as a demon.

54 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Technically speaking, neither does Christianity. The Devil is the greatest unwritten villain in modern history.

Christianity at least has something in that role. Judaism lacks both hell and the concept of a single "nemesis" for Yahweh (the closest equivalents being rival gods such as Moloch, and Satan, who was simply an angel that was loyal to Yahweh but didn't think highly of humanity).

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Technically speaking, neither does Christianity. The Devil is the greatest unwritten villain in modern history.

huh? Jesus was tempted by satan in the wilderness directly. That is just one example of many, many references to him. Not sure where people come up with this stuff.  It is like they hear something from some obscure source and just believe it without actually researching it.

I think we don't have Demons and Angels frames because that is reserved for the tenno himself, but i like the idea, especially if it is two warframes one being an angel and other a demon and in the lore they are rivals.

Also not everything the involves relegion needs to be a problem guys, so chill a bit ok? lol

1 hour ago, Yimimoto said:

huh? Jesus was tempted by satan in the wilderness directly.

Oh, the material incarnation of God was spoken to by the Fallen Angel he had cast out, in a situation where there was no way that both didn't know exactly who the other was, and the narrator tried to class this as 'temptation'? The defier of God trying to tempt God?

Nah, I've read the book a few times, and 'the devil' is something constructed from a few references. The current incarnation of the Christian Bible itself was a re-composition from one of the old Popes around the 14th century, a Pope known for his bigotry and hatred, his fire-and-brimstone approach, and scholars point out that many of the more kind and generous passages of the Bible itself were left out, while more emphasis was placed on things like the 'don't eat shelfish' and other bizarre forbidden things. References to 'the devil' as an actual evil force, rather than as a fallen angel who forces penance on those that do not get forgiveness for their sins, are entirely a thing to scare people who believe.

4 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Closest frame to a demon theme or aesthetic is actually Harrow, whose theme is that of a dark priest. Well, demon or fallen angel more like it.

Edit 1: There are also Nezha, who is a deity in Chinese mythology, and Wukong who also has an angelic background apparently in the mythology.

Edit 2: Nezha being depicted as a demon.

Cultural differences. That's Nezha in his most divine form, from what I know of. Fire and Brimstone being explicitly demonic is more of a western aesthetic.

If anything, Wukong is the one closer to being a 'Demon' by our definition - rebelling against the entire Taoist heaven and declaring himself as god before being cast down. Many translations outright suggest that he is a demon. By contrast, in Journey to the West, Nezha is one of those heavenly beings that Wukong beats the snot out. But ultimately, 'demon' has a different cultural meaning depending on the culture you come from.

3 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Oh, the material incarnation of God was spoken to by the Fallen Angel he had cast out, in a situation where there was no way that both didn't know exactly who the other was, and the narrator tried to class this as 'temptation'? The defier of God trying to tempt God?

Nah, I've read the book a few times, and 'the devil' is something constructed from a few references. The current incarnation of the Christian Bible itself was a re-composition from one of the old Popes around the 14th century, a Pope known for his bigotry and hatred, his fire-and-brimstone approach, and scholars point out that many of the more kind and generous passages of the Bible itself were left out, while more emphasis was placed on things like the 'don't eat shelfish' and other bizarre forbidden things. References to 'the devil' as an actual evil force, rather than as a fallen angel who forces penance on those that do not get forgiveness for their sins, are entirely a thing to scare people who believe.

You said he was unwritten. The facts are against you. Just because you seem to think it was altered (with no proof, mind you since we have copies of all those books going way back before said Pope) does not change that the devil/satan is written all over.  And I have read the book more than a couple times my friend. Been reading and studying it since I was a child.

So Chrisitianity definitely has a villain, just because you don't think it is was originally there or don't believe in Christianity doesn't mean it isn't in there. That is like saying I know that Greek gods don't exist. But the Greeks still had gods.

But this is off topic so it will be my last reply to the subject, as interesting as it is.

22 hours ago, Yimimoto said:

we have copies of all those books going way back before said Pope

None of which are the original manuscripts, mind. The writers of the four Gospels are also anonymous, so I'd advise against believing that the texts read today have not been tampered with at some point in the past.

Well we do have Grendel. His appearance and his mechanics are quite demonic, like eating things with his gaping belly and being bloated in general, while relying on a gluttonous mechanical theme. Then we also have Loki, whom some religions out there would definently call a devil/demon given how he managed to get Hoder to kill Balder through trickery and deceit. Then taking the identity of Töck, refusing to shed a tear for Balder so that Hel's demand in order to bring Balder back wasnt met, since it required sorrow throughout the nine worlds for him, all living things had to shed a tear. Not to mention everything else he does that would be seen as evil, like fathering Fenris, having sex with a re-animated corpse, leading the hordes of Hel against the aesir in Ragnarök and so on.

I would suggest a frame that is angel/demon depending on players alignment (choices we do in story) and its abilities shifting depending on it.

That could be interesting since the combination of alignment values can differ a lot from player to player, giving totally different ability values or totall ability makeover.

It would be even cooler if the alignment would create "seed" value to which the frame abilities can react - sometimes by a lot.
In example the frame would have 5-10 different abilities in each of its ability slots, your seed would give "random" combination of them together with randomized power in them (1 very weak, 1 weak, 1 normal, 1 strong, 1 super strong to keep balance).

Archived