Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Sentinel Weapon?

I just got a Helios Prime(Yayyyy, finally got the scanner slave). All jokes aside I'm loving the lil guy, and his weapon, Deconstructor Prime, is pretty damn good. I've modded it on one try and not even in a minmaxing mindset because I didn't expect the weapon to do anything I was only gonna use him to build up my enemy selection in simulacrum. But wow, it takes out Lvl 90 eximus infested chargers in just a few glaives, I understand that's not "whoa so overpowered" but it evens decently dents Lvl 80 index enemies(Im MR11 so I have 80 cap in Simularcum). Is this the best Sentinel Weapon? If not I'd love to know what sentinel weapons actually pack a punch. My Helios 1 shots everything under lvl 60 which is surprising for a sentinel companion imo.

depends on what you want, some people use deconstructor as a stat stick, others use sweeper for procs and arcane procs, personally I use artax for the innate cold proc and focused on status to do some CC (and also helping me to see enemies in operator mode)

Deconstructor is pretty hard to beat. I've been spending forma on other sentinel weapons like Vulklok and Vulcax. The latter is infamously "bad", but can be made similar to Vulklok (in fire rate) with Primed Fast Hands, Wildfire+Magazine Warp. These can generally 1 shot most Star Chart enemies and are excellent for fishing!

I find Cryotra to be the very best utility sentinel weapon as it can trivially be made to have 100% status (even without forma/catalyst). Put some Synth mods on your sentinel and mod Cryotra for Gas/Cold and you will have lots of Health Orbs drop (Gas AOE spreads the effect).

Sweeper Prime, Helstrum and Deconstructor Prime are what I normally use. Especially Sweeper Prime. I'm still a bit freaked out that my Sweeper Prime has nearly 150,000 kills on it.

Though truth be told, I mostly use Sweeper Prime as stat stick for Vigilante mods. They work on your Primaries, including exalted ones like Artemis Bow.

The Helstrum and Cryotra are the "top tier" sentinel weapons, though deconstructor prime is decent. But they're all pretty weak - on low level enemies my Helstrum fires off 11 missiles for 140 damage, plus over 100% status. So they die quite quickly. But it still doesn't do much against mid or higher level ones (except set them on fire. I tried gas but that doesn't do much at all).

The cryotra is fairly decent too - but targets 1 enemy at a time with its artax-on-steroids beam. Mine has 400% status so the procs are easy to come by, but its still 1 enemy at a time, for some time, as it slowly wears them down (I've stood and watched occasionally). If I wasn't killing them for it, after it had pointed them out for me, it would be useless.

I like them though, I take one or the other with me all the time, and they provide the most useful feature - of attacking enemies I don't see and keeping them occupied doing the fire dance.

11 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

The Helstrum and Cryotra are the "top tier" sentinel weapons, though deconstructor prime is decent. But they're all pretty weak - on low level enemies my Helstrum fires off 11 missiles for 140 damage, plus over 100% status. So they die quite quickly. But it still doesn't do much against mid or higher level ones (except set them on fire. I tried gas but that doesn't do much at all).

The cryotra is fairly decent too - but targets 1 enemy at a time with its artax-on-steroids beam. Mine has 400% status so the procs are easy to come by, but its still 1 enemy at a time, for some time, as it slowly wears them down (I've stood and watched occasionally). If I wasn't killing them for it, after it had pointed them out for me, it would be useless.

I like them though, I take one or the other with me all the time, and they provide the most useful feature - of attacking enemies I don't see and keeping them occupied doing the fire dance.

In total agreement. Deconstructer is probably best dame wise. But you reach a point in the game where damage from companions isn't useful. Then utility like rapidly applying statuses becomes the focus. Crytora and helstrum excel at this. 

Off hand id say the helstrum. It applies decent status and does actual damage. The vulklok works as well, but only does damage. The cryotra is best for applying status but its damage is nonexistant. Best for damage is the deconstructor prime, but that is exclusive to helios prime.

Archived