Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

I don't, but again the entire point is for Eidolons to still be worth doing for others. Which they won't be compared to a permanent Orphix.

It's just more options man, it doesn't need to be more than that. Eidolon hunters who enjoy the content can still enjoy it, platinum whales who only care for greed are free to choose the fastest path of least resistance as usual. New players will still have the lure of maxing their focus fast from doing eidolons, while still gaining arcanes. 

1 minute ago, isti0258 said:

Look there are people who like doing eidolons, and there are people who dont, i personaly hate it because its soo clunky.
Having an alternative to them is a  good thing for those who still need arcanes, and since they are not that powerful as they were most people dont care and the ones who do already have what they needed.

Never said it wasn't a good thing. In fact it very much is. However, Orphix shouldn't completely invalidate Eidolon rewards.

Please make a better argument besides "status quo good."

1 minute ago, 5nak3Doctor said:

This is not just what I believe - Its what was said and what is known. Thats all. Please consider how accusatory your statement is. Im just trying to help not hurt.

Come on man, at this point im fairly sure that you are just trolling.    Read through the 24 pages on this forum and you will see that noone knows for certain what we need for that t3.
And all of us are hoping that DE changes it

1 minute ago, 5nak3Doctor said:

This is not just what I believe - Its what was said and what is known. Thats all. Please consider how accusatory your statement is. Im just trying to help not hurt.

Said where? Please, if there is another source of information, enlighten those of us who are confused by the statements made in the Dev Workshop.

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It's just more options man, it doesn't need to be more than that. Eidolon hunters who enjoy the content can still enjoy it, platinum whales who only care for greed are free to choose the fastest path of least resistance as usual. New players will still have the lure of maxing their focus fast from doing eidolons, while still gaining arcanes. 

You still aren't providing an actual argument or better solution. As I just said to another comment, an alternative is a good thing but shouldn't invalidate Eidolons.

Again, "status quo good"

Just now, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

You still aren't providing an actual argument or better solution. As I just said to another comment, an alternative is a good thing but shouldn't invalidate Eidolons.

Who is it invalidating it for? Answer me that. 

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Who is it invalidating it for? Answer me that. 

Invalidating for everyone that has yet to farm for Arcanes, has yet to complete their collection, has yet to complete an Arcane they want to finish, basically everyone that isn't in a position like my own. Once Orphix drops, it will simply be a better way to get Arcanes considering there is no RNG involved and it isn't time-gated. Please provide an actual argument.

Invalidating for everyone that has yet to farm for Arcanes, has yet to complete their collection, has yet to complete an Arcane they want to finish, basically everyone that isn't in a position like my own. Once Orphix drops, it will simply be a better way to get Arcanes considering there is no RNG involved and it isn't time-gated. Please provide an actual argument.

Please provide an argument for eidolons then. in my honest opinion they are an awful design, but nonetheless there are people who enjoy it, nothing changes that

I already have, several times. Most players who still need the arcanes will still need to max out their focus trees. There's your incentive right there, eidolons give large amounts of focus, orphix won't. Please read what I write before asking for an actual argument.

7 minutes ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

I don't, but again the entire point is for Eidolons to still be worth doing for others. Which they won't be compared to a permanent Orphix.

You don't even know what the actual drop table chances or accessibility will be for the Orphix node either. People are going to assume some sort of ulterior motive. The arcanes are just as likely be bloated out with filler to reduce the chances, and/or have enough gated delay that an efficient Eidolon run is still easier.

Plus, Eidolon runs also offer free Focus stock, Quills rep, Riven transmuters and articula drops with the Arcane chances, for whoever so desires. Your lack of desire for any/all of these secondary facets does not mean that nobody else will ever want the reason to opt Eidolon over grinding a currently unknown drop table.

There's always a 'best'. The content should justify itself in varietal enjoyment to cover raw chance or accessibility differences. People don't exclusively go to the Index or exclusively to Profit Taker for credit farm, to use an analogy. One may be 'better' than the other, but there's enough granularity for personal preferences to sway the decision.

Once Orphix drops, it will simply be a better way to get Arcanes considering there is no RNG involved and it isn't time-gated. Please provide an actual argument.

Ah, I see the problem now (while typing out the above); you're assuming the Orphix node will offer the bought store we had in the event. I'm broadly assuming that given it's been stated as 'drops from', that they're mission reward based. Everything's time gated to a softer or harder extent anyway. Eidolons having a 'when can I start' limitation isn't much difference in the grander scheme.

1 minute ago, isti0258 said:

Come on man, at this point im fairly sure that you are just trolling.    Read through the 24 pages on this forum and you will see that noone knows for certain what we need for that t3.
And all of us are hoping that DE changes it

1 minute ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Said where? Please, if there is another source of information, enlighten those of us who are confused by the statements made in the Dev Workshop.

I believe it fair to say that the wording is a bit unclear in the Dev Workshop but I get what they are saying and how what Im saying can be viewed if taken out of context. I didn't say I agreed with the method they are going for to Measure. Only that with the information we got; This is what Ive gathered for discussion. I've seen some really great alternatives here also. 

I already have, several times. Most players who still need the arcanes will still need to max out their focus trees. There's your incentive right there, eidolons give large amounts of focus, orphix won't. Please read what I write before asking for an actual argument.

Except for the fact that Elite Sanctuary Onslaught is a FAR better and faster focus farm. Not really a good reason to do Eidolons. That alone isn't a good incentive.

Concern #1: Avionics to Mods and Dirac to Endo

I'm going to assume that since it's a mod system, it will work the same way a warframe would. Meaning you spend Forma to buy a polarity and that doing so resets your rank to zero.

If that's the case then we already have a problem. Because you're giving early adopters Endo instead of Polarities. The time and effort spent into ranking up grids is not being reimbursed, only the cost. Which is probably going to be insignificant anyway for most people.

Concern #2: Command Intrinsic

I love managing a crew of NPCs like in XCOM, so I like the idea. However, I also like to play with other people! So why are you making me choose between interacting with the content you just made and interacting with other players? Shouldn't you be encouraging me to do both?

5 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

You don't even know what the actual drop table chances or accessibility will be for the Orphix node either. People are going to assume some sort of ulterior motive. The arcanes are just as likely be bloated out with filler to reduce the chances, and/or have enough gated delay that an efficient Eidolon run is still easier.

Plus, Eidolon runs also offer free Focus stock, Quills rep, Riven transmuters and articula drops with the Arcane chances, for whoever so desires. Your lack of desire for any/all of these secondary facets does not mean that nobody else will ever want the reason to opt Eidolon over grinding a currently unknown drop table.

There's always a 'best'. The content should justify itself in varietal enjoyment to cover raw chance or accessibility differences. People don't exclusively go to the Index or exclusively to Profit Taker for credit farm, to use an analogy. One may be 'better' than the other, but there's enough granularity for personal preferences to sway the decision.

Ah, I see the problem now (while typing out the above); you're assuming the Orphix node will offer the bought store we had in the event. I'm broadly assuming that given it's been stated as 'drops from', that they're mission reward based. Everything's time gated to a softer or harder extent anyway. Eidolons having a 'when can I start' limitation isn't much difference in the grander scheme.

Yes this is assuming the store returns. Which has been implied in the past as the devs have shown interest lately in providing a way to both earn and purchase rewards in the future.

2 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I've noticed this a lot, I always kind've figured that it'll be rotation based with the more valued arcanes in rotation C, rather than being able to cherry pick which ones we want in a shop.

6 minutes ago, isti0258 said:

Please provide an argument for eidolons then. in my honest opinion they are an awful design, but nonetheless there are people who enjoy it, nothing changes that

I already have. Eidolons are time gated and their rewards are RNG. Assuming Orphix has the same store as it had from the event, there is no time gating anywhere near the level of Eidolons or RNG behind it. 

2 minutes ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

Except for the fact that Elite Sanctuary Onslaught is a FAR better and faster focus farm. Not really a good reason to do Eidolons. That alone isn't a good incentive.

You're kidding right? You really haven't thought that through you're just saying it in reflex to try and show me as wrong. Stop for a second, think for a minute and realise why your statement is wrong.

5 minutes ago, VornNL said:

For the people who missed it, DE Rebecca posted this a few hours ago:

That's. . . refreshing news to hear and understandable since this post would be extremely long if it tried to go into detail for every post. But I'm still going to remain a little cautious if this is the amount of effort they are willing to show us for new content.

You're kidding right? You really haven't thought that through you're just saying it in reflex to try and show me as wrong. Stop for a second, think for a minute and realise why your statement is wrong.

No, I am not. With a proper build, you can get hundreds of thousands of focus in a matter of minutes in ESO. Perhaps take your own advice instead of covering your eyes and shouting "LALALA IM NOT LISTENING."

No, I am not. With a proper build, you can get hundreds of thousands of focus in a matter of minutes in ESO. Perhaps take your own advice instead of covering your eyes and shouting "LALALA IM NOT LISTENING."

You do know that that you can only do eso like twice a day right? with a booster it caps your focus, while you can do eidolons as much as you want

Eidolon focus isn't daily-cap limited. Large advantage eidolon. Also, it's a case of killing X birds with Y(<X) stones. Assuming you're getting both of at better than (net) twice the time investment it is still a positive over doing the individually-more-efficient accessors separately.

Yes this is assuming the store returns. Which has been implied in the past as the devs have shown interest in providing a way to both earn and purchase rewards in the future.

The ideal is for more things to use a model like that in the future, but I don't think it's likely for a random extra RJ mission node. It's more likely (IMO) to show up as something content-meaty but also isolated enough that DE can ground-up architect the dual-access around it.

If not, then we'd quite like it to be retrofitted to basically the entire game, anyway. No reason to pick out Eidolons in that case.

Archived