The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Ash is WAY TOO SLOW for newbies

VisuReality

On 2021-03-24 at 9:43 AM, notmaris said:

I would still prefer getting Oberon parts thrown at me left and right outside of railjack. Did a Skirmish in Veil Proxima, got x4 Oberon Neuroptics as a "bonus" reward. What the heck.

98ryIN5.jpg

Edit: I do agree with OP though. Moving Ash + Oberon to railjack wasn't the wisest choice. Can't wait to tell my low MR friends that we can go happily farm Oberon against lvl 80-90 Grineer. 

Out of curiosity, did you do that node exactly 4 times and select that node again and again at the end of each mission? I've been starting to do the longer process of returning to Dojo and then to Orbiter and then re-launching the mission from Orbiter... all to prevent this from happening (and it works).

Clan members and I have been seeing this pattern for Nautilus where we always get the same part in consecutive runs of the same node which seems overwhelmingly unlikely for 6% drop rate parts. We're talking a history of runs in Nu-Gua Mines 3 blueprints (3 runs), 3 carapaces (3 runs), 4 blueprints (4 runs), 4 carapaces (4 runs). And that's not counting all the other unusual consecutive duplicate drops (Internal Bleeding, Votive Onslaught, Hemhorrage). It's almost like DE is not re-seeding the end-of-mission rewards when launching the same node.

7 hours ago, nslay said:

Out of curiosity, did you do that node exactly 4 times and select that node again and again at the end of each mission? I've been starting to do the longer process of returning to Dojo and then to Orbiter and then re-launching the mission from Orbiter... all to prevent this from happening (and it works).

Clan members and I have been seeing this pattern for Nautilus where we always get the same part in consecutive runs of the same node which seems overwhelmingly unlikely for 6% drop rate parts. We're talking a history of runs in Nu-Gua Mines 3 blueprints (3 runs), 3 carapaces (3 runs), 4 blueprints (4 runs), 4 carapaces (4 runs). And that's not counting all the other unusual consecutive duplicate drops (Internal Bleeding, Votive Onslaught, Hemhorrage). It's almost like DE is not re-seeding the end-of-mission rewards when launching the same node.

The mission has been run twice without going back to the dock, first time we got 1 Oberon drop, and second time around we got it 4 times. It was pretty incredible to see it this many times in the same run, but the drop chance doesn't feel nearly as low considering we got it another once or twice when we ran the mission again. 

I shall test it though, running the same Railjack mission 2-3 times in a row, and see if we get an overwhelming amount of the same drop again. 

Try my story. I was farming Ash and then kind of gave up. Got a drop from stalker called smoking body ephemera. I thought "that's cool. I want that." Need 1x Ash systems. No worries I got that. So I get the other stuff, build the ephemera and move on. Later I realise I still needed Ash so I went back to doing those annoying defection missions. got all pieces except... of course the Ash Systems. After many tries I kind of just gave up. No the story doesn't end. I wanted Ash so I bought Ash Prime for 60 plat (yea he was a lot cheaper than he is now) and was happy. Was never going to go get Ash now as I have the Prime variant. It gets better. Next day I do a 30 minute survival for some reason with a friend and a manic shows up and drops Ash Systems. I was so upset that I built him, levelled him up to level 30 as quickly as I could and fed him to the Helminth system. Good riddance.

The end.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

Next day I do a 30 minute survival for some reason with a friend and a manic shows up and drops Ash Systems. I was so upset that I built him, levelled him up to level 30 as quickly as I could and fed him to the Helminth system. Good riddance.

The end.

This was the most Compelling Revenge Story I've ever read 😁 !!!

20 hours ago, Goatstroker said:

Quick heads up - the blueprints do still drop from manics. I just got the Neuroptics on Caracol.

I'm guessing that's an oversight and will be fixed but in the meantime it's (slightly) less painful than 20 waves of defence.

them keeping it as a feature would be more amenable at this point.

2 minutes ago, continue said:

@Shadowbladedeathkiller it'll be much more manageable if you break it down into "what can i get in the next hour?" it's not like most MMOs where only the endgame is fun; the core gameplay of warframe is present and fun (or not fun, depending on your taste) the whole way through

that makes sense. I haven't played any other mmo's though. thanks for the tip. the core gameplay does seem pretty good so far.

Oh my god who cares.

Why the rush to get everything so easily and quickly? Is Ash going away? No. Do noobs need Ash to progress? No. Is it impossible to get? No. Is it imperative that they get it ASAP? No.

Instead of catering to kids who want everything now, how about actually making people earn their news toys. It's mindset that everyone must have everything accessible that ruins this game. Can't we have a few frames that actually takes effort to unlock to reward those who fight for it?

4 hours ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

Oh my god who cares.

Why the rush to get everything so easily and quickly? Is Ash going away? No. Do noobs need Ash to progress? No. Is it impossible to get? No. Is it imperative that they get it ASAP? No.

Instead of catering to kids who want everything now, how about actually making people earn their news toys. It's mindset that everyone must have everything accessible that ruins this game. Can't we have a few frames that actually takes effort to unlock to reward those who fight for it?

It’s the mindset that everyone must have everything accessible that ruins this game?

Dude?

What?

Do you play warframe? Arcanes were locked behind Eidolons exclusively, syndicate mods behind levelling them up, or open world resources you need to spend a week advancing towards. You need to clear the whole ass star chart just to access steel path and arbitration to then be allowed to farm the resources to spend at their respective shops.

I dunno what game you’re playing dude, but it’s clearly not warframe.

Archived