Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switch to Cooldowns for RJ abilities.

(PSN)Stealth_Cobra

I think most people will agree right now that Lavos is probably the best pilot for RJ due to him having cooldowns instead of using energy, to the point that it kinda make him the Meta choice for piloting the ship. You skip both the tedium of having to mod him for energy AND to constantly have to funnel new WF energy to refill the energy bar of the ship...

There's also been tons of complain about the decision to tie your warframe's energy economy with the ship's economy, mainly the following.

• It forces you to have dedicated RJ build for each of your frames , with big energy pools.
  • It forces you to have stuff like Arcane Energize / Zenurik / Dispensary or to waste energy pads.
  • It kinda forces you to use Energy Syphon.
  • It restricts usage of your favorite frames (Since all frames are not created equal and some have tiny base energy pools).
  • You're constantly forced to leave the pilot ship to cast a dispensary / zenurik bubble / energy pad.
  • When you use your frame on the ground parts, you can't really spend your energy since you will need it when you go back to the ship.
  • When you switch from ship to frame to do the ground part, you'll often have no energy since you just spammed your ship abilities.

So yeah, basically all of these cons would be removed by making the RJ energy solution cooldown based like it is currenty on lavos for all frames.

Another plus it that it prevents spam of abilities, which I don't think you guys want anyway, as you made a system where abilities get progressively more expensive the more you use them anyway to discourage that.

TLDR - People want to use their favorite frames in RJ, not be forced to use Lagos since he's the meta frame for it...

Not realy true, any warframe with dispensary will do great, specialy protea. Hildryn can work fine too.

On the new corpus railjack missions u barely need to cast abilities anyway since most times there are no objectives of destroying a ton of fighter in the same way the grenier railjack missions have so even without warframes with the ability of casting alot of abilities

Yeah, using abilities as RJ so far has been the worst thing for me. The only bad thing i truly hate. I liked having my RJ fully prapared before flight, but now i'm limited by my S#&$ty warframe energy pool, while some protea has infinite energy at her disposal.

RJ abilities need either separate mana pool like before, or cooldowns. Current system is annoying.

DE really need to do SOMETHING about Railjack Energy, yeah. I haven't cast pretty much any Railjack Battle Avionics since Railjack 3.0 because my preferred Warframe is built for low energy capacity and efficiency + Rage. Well, Warframe Rage doesn't affect the Railjack, so I end up with S#&$ energy and S#&$ efficiency on it. STOP introducing "stat sticks!" If I pick an item (like a Warframe), let me pick it for its own merits, not for how an individual stat is going to affect something else.

Move the Railjack back to its own energy pool. Move it to cooldowns. Move it to some other resources. I don't care. Just stop tying stats together like this.

It really does bottleneck your choices in a game that is supposed to be all about choiceand slows down the RJ gameplay even more than it was before the update.  When you're flying a space boat you don't want to periodically stop to drop an energy pad, or fight with the zenurik boost, etc.   You want to FLY A SPACE BOAT.  

Like, I main Nidus 99% because I'm boring and enjoy not having to worry about health management.  He gets his energy from being damaged so he's not spec'd for a large energy pool.  I start a mission with only 55 energy.  Particle Ram takes 75 and Void Hole a whopping 150.  If I want to be able to do just about anything, I have to wait for the game to allow me to transfer out and pop a zenurik bubble.  That does not make for exciting gameplay.  

"OH!  But you can forge energy!"  Well then, it really does suck that; 1) I can't forge at the start of a new mission as I can't bring any of the plethora of my banked forge material with me from the dry dock and 2) again, have to leave the pilot seat, put on the parking brake, saunter to the back and bullwhip a forge to get enough energy for a single void hole.  It wouldn't be so bad if, I don't know, you could have your engineer actually do some engineering and forge you some stuff, but hey, they have a hard enough time telling their bum from a boarding breach, so what're ya gonna do.  

Imagine the change that literally every player who criticized anything about the update complained about being a bad idea. No, no way DE could've seen this coming and changed it.

I tried playing Garuda recently (for the quest missions), and while it does work in the Railjack portion, I feel like I'm missing something compared with when I'm playing Lavos. I may enjoy Lavos, but what if I want to do something different, or there's a spy mission on the ground and I want to bring Ivara, or maybe we should consider the players who don't like Lavos and how they'll cope with this...

In conclusion, linking Railjack energy to either cooldowns or the Operator's pool would be much appreciated (seriously, I was disappointed to learn that using abilities while my Operator is flying drains my Warframe).

DE can easily make RJ avionics Cooldown based. Then Forging Energy grant a temporary boost to Cooldowns. It can be something like... 50% ability CD reduction for 30 seconds to all Railjack turrets (which means technically you can keep it up at all time with 4 forge and 2 minute CD each, but that also means you can't make artillery ammo or revolite for repair, which add a layer of risk vs rewards for doing it, and of course Battle Forge is a thing so that adds another layer of complexity).    

This way, we can make encourage teamplay in Railjack, without forcing teamplay to be mandatory.  

Hey tenno!

I agree with all of you.

Personally I‘d like a separate energy Pool with the Generator generating energy per second that can be boosted by the Engineer to either increase the energy rate per second or a fixed flat value while the second Option decreases the per second rate for 20-30 seconds.

The different Generators can then boost the per second rate and the Max energy Pool/ flat produced energy value.

And the current generator battle mod buffs could become plexxus mods...

We then could have an pilot(speed,turret), gunner(turret,artillery/ordnance) and engineer(revolite, battle mods/turret)build.

But the current System is just not fun.

Every solution from you guys here is better than the current way....

If they want to bind the rj energy to a single player entity lorewise it would make more sense to bind it to the Operator cause they power the warframes.... and when the heart of Deimos breaks again the whole tenno fleet stops working.... imagine if it would‘ve worked that way in the orokin era..........

cheers

I use Limbo as a pilot. If you go in the rift and let your operator fly the ship, Limbo turns into a regenerating battery. Regular Limbo builds always run with primed flow anyway so his regular builds always has 700 energy.

I'm actually not sure why DE made railjack powers use warframe energy. They could've just kept flux but made it so that each player had their own flux pool. They already did this with dome charges and missiles. Of course this means you need to put hyperflux in your plexus if you want to have more flux than normal.

Archived