Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lavos is garbage now thanks to the change to Vial Rush

MaddawgTL

Vial Rush was Lavos's greatest ability and now it is terrible. I so want to delete this frame now, vial rush was a great method of priming enemies and now you tap it and it sends you into walls and YOU CANNOT TURN THE BLANKING THING OFF and gets you killed!!!!!

Yes I am mad as hell, vial rush was perfect before and now is unusable so much so I am getting rid of it for anything else. Why was it changed? WHY?!?!?!?! Vial Rush was a great tool, tap-tap and you could drop vials in front of you or tap and wait for a nice sprint and tap again to turn off, you could control how far you go which made it a great gap closer but now it is worthless. 

Wonder what is good to helminth in it's place cause it cannot be used now with any reliability.

15 hours ago, MaddawgTL said:

Vial Rush was Lavos's greatest ability and now it is terrible. I so want to delete this frame now, vial rush was a great method of priming enemies and now you tap it and it sends you into walls and YOU CANNOT TURN THE BLANKING THING OFF and gets you killed!!!!!

I must be missing something, what did they change?

9 minutes ago, Firedtm said:

There is a short window of 2 seconds when using Vial Rush so you can't end the ability right after casting it, so you can't double tap by mistake

If you don't know, at the end of Vial Rush, Lavos will do a status explosion all around him, which is way more useful than letting the ability end on it's own

You can still jump right after casting it, but it's still very inconvenient

55 minutes ago, Firedtm said:

42 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

There is a short window of 2 seconds when using Vial Rush so you can't end the ability right after casting it, so you can't double tap by mistake

The patch notes say it's supposed to be 1/2 second, not 2 seconds, so this sounds like a bug

Whenever the topic of Lavos's 2 gets brought up, I see some players mention that the ability isn't as bad to control as others say, but nobody mentioning the dash component as an actual benefit. It doesn't seem like there is any, given that our regular movement is far more fluid, allows us to move in three dimensions, and lets us easily adjust our course, none of which are qualities Vial Rush possesses. The actual vial component is good, but also hampered severely by an incredibly clunky delivery mechanism, so it might be better to remove the dash entirely, and instead have Lavos drop vials around him over a duration, perhaps with a speed boost for that same duration to preserve the ability's intention of delivering mobility.

15 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

so it might be better to remove the dash entirely, and instead have Lavos drop vials around him over a duration, perhaps with a speed boost for that same duration to preserve the ability's intention of delivering mobility.

I like that idea actually. A big status explosion & a boost speed

Yeah, they really screwed him up with that change.

Also annoys the hell out of me that his gloves and shoulder armor vanish when you aim now, regardless of what type of gun you have. Looks awkward and annoys me every time I see it. A toggle would have been nice.

Le 02/05/2021 à 06:10, MaddawgTL a dit :

Yes I am mad as hell, vial rush was perfect before and now is unusable so much so I am getting rid of it for anything else. Why was it changed? WHY?!?!?!?! Vial Rush was a great tool, tap-tap and you could drop vials in front of you or tap and wait for a nice sprint and tap again to turn off, you could control how far you go which made it a great gap closer but now it is worthless. 

Wonder what is good to helminth in it's place cause it cannot be used now with any reliability.

the truth : cold is a bad status, and appart from viral don't even provide good combinations. Viral is not good of Lavos abilities, as you'll prefer higher base damages, and you can proc' viral with your weapons (Cedo ?)
Vial rush is fun and add some not bad defensive ability (combined with radiation or fire, etc), but you don't need it appart from defense, mobile defense, etc. and guess what ? any other abilities can also proc radiation in AoE

so tbh I was looking at what I could do with the Helminth to "optimize" my Lavos, and guess what ? I replaced Vial Rush with Valkyr warcry, and I don't regret it.

Archived