Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do I do now? Is there a way to "revert" the warning?

Kaniodon

I got a notification while playing with my friends just after going into a mission. What I suspected the trigger to be was cheat engine 7.2, which I had on my computer for many many months already, to mess around in Dark Souls and other singleplayer games. My first step was obviously to uninstall the software. Because I do not want to risk getting my account I sunk a lot of money and hours in PERMABANNED, I choose not to play the game until everything is sorted out. 

Now my actual question: Am I in any way able to revert the "warning"? Is it something that is temporary or will it stick with me forever and screw me over the next time I get careless while using MY OWN PC?!

https://ibb.co/DwCPWL7

You can talk to support if you want, but I think like Helverin said there really isn't any ambiguity here.  

This WAS already your ONE mulligan in case you just made a mistake or it wasn't cheat engine meant for WF, or was just a program that looked like one. 

Point is, the message is clear as Orokin crystal: This is a permanent warning on your record, don't trip our cheat detection software again. 

Edit: I mean, it doesn't get much less ambiguous than support writing in all caps: 

"and we repeat: ONE-TIME-ONLY CHANCE"

What you do now is make absolutely 1000% sure that your cheat software is entirely closed before playing multiplayer games.  At least DE understands that running things like Cheat Engine is fine for single player games, and people make mistakes.  So you get a warning before permanent action is taken.  Bungie won't even give you a warning.  Start Destiny 2 with Cheat Engine running, and you can kiss your account goodbye.  You don't even have to attach it to the Destiny 2 process.  You have it running?  You get banned.

33 minutes ago, Kaniodon said:

I got a notification while playing with my friends just after going into a mission. What I suspected the trigger to be was cheat engine 7.2, which I had on my computer for many many months already, to mess around in Dark Souls and other singleplayer games. My first step was obviously to uninstall the software. Because I do not want to risk getting my account I sunk a lot of money and hours in PERMABANNED, I choose not to play the game until everything is sorted out. 

Now my actual question: Am I in any way able to revert the "warning"? Is it something that is temporary or will it stick with me forever and screw me over the next time I get careless while using MY OWN PC?!

I use cheat engine left and right whenever i dont feel like grinding stuff in games for old consoles like castlevania symphony of the night for playstation F U RNG
I left it running so many times open just because i forgot to close it while running warframe i cant even count

Never i seen that kind of message u just get

In hindsight this is a rather dumb post I created out of panic. What happened to my account is with a 95% chance on me. 

I've never had any problems with any game ever in that manner, and now I'm afraid the trigger could've been something else entirely. 

Thanks for responding, I've went and contacted support if there is any possibility for the flag to be reverted. On the other hand I am quite angry that I can get banned for software present on my PC which has not been opened during play at all. 

Thank you guys.  

vor 2 Minuten schrieb ZeroX4:

I use cheat engine left and right whenever i dont feel like grinding stuff in games for old consoles like castlevania symphony of the night for playstation F U RNG
I left it running so many times open just because i forgot to close it while running warframe i cant even count

It is very good to hear someone else using the software without malicious intend, you not getting any warning of any sort is not, however. At this point I can only take a break from the game just to make sure my money and time do not completely go down the drain (which they probably already have, given how this is an online game lol) 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Sovyul:

I got CE too and never got any messages lol

What did the warning message say?

I have linked it in my original post, as other people already mentioned, it leaves not much room for interpretation. One more flimsy software mistake and I'm screwed. 

33 minutes ago, Kaniodon said:

Sorry to hear that. I'm more than sure you just forgot the software open in the background. Who in his sane mind would try to hack a game with an account he/she invested hundreds if not thousands hours in....

I've read many posts which told the same story, and honestly I'm terrified too. The only thing I can suggest you is 2 usefull tips to avoid repeating yourself. 

1) If you use that software often, always be sure to check your task manager before logging. Also use the feature to remove the driver from the memory. Or if you can, just restart the computer before playing warframe, just to be sure.

2) If you can't or don't want to restart your pc try using a second account and run a mission with it before switching to your main account. If for any reason the software eluded all your controls, at least you will not directly lose your main account but have another warning and manage to find what's the problem.

I know, those are just band-aid and as you I would really like if these kind of warning were only temporary, even if the duration was like 1 year span. Unfortunately it does not seem the case. 

12 minutes ago, Kaniodon said:

I have linked it in my original post, as other people already mentioned, it leaves not much room for interpretation. One more flimsy software mistake and I'm screwed. 

Ah sorry didn't check the link

Also what a BS, good luck

10 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I'm more than sure you just forgot the software open in the background.

But that's redundant, if the program isn't hooked, WF has no business what I run in the background

4 minutes ago, Kaniodon said:

Yeah it blows... I don't mean to sound unsympathetic... as you weren't trying to trip anything. 

At least you got another chance. Like someone already mentioned above, a lot of games won't give you one at all, but the tone of that message would give anyone anxiety lol. 

1 minute ago, Sovyul said:

But that's redundant, if the program isn't hooked, WF has no business what I run in the background

for what I know, many anti-cheat systems consider as a cheat attempt just the software running in background.

I heared that on League of Legends, till some time ago the game closed even if you were searching in a chrome bar the terms "cheat engine". Something concerning a lazy script.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Cloud:

Sorry to hear that. I'm more than sure you just forgot the software open in the background. Who in his sane mind would try to hack a game with an account he/she invested hundreds if not thousands hours in....

I've read many posts which told the same story, and honestly I'm terrified too. The only thing I can suggest you is 2 usefull tips to avoid repeating yourself. 

1) If you use that software often, always be sure to check your task manager before logging. Also use the feature to remove the driver from the memory. Or if you can, just restart the computer before playing warframe, just to be sure.

2) If you can't or don't want to restart your pc try using a second account and run a mission with it before switching to your main account. If for any reason the software eluded all your controls, at least you will not directly lose your main account but have another warning and manage to find what's the problem.

I know, those are just band-aid and as you I would really like if these kind of warning were only temporary, even if the duration was like 1 year span. Unfortunately it does not seem the case. 

Thank you very much for this answer, and assuming I'm not a bad guy who wanted to do 99999999 damage or whatever. I will most likely restart my PC from now on just to make sure, like you said. Maybe even a VM for my Singleplayer games where I actually make my character jump to the skybox would be a good idea. Anything for my precious account ;) 

8 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I heared that on League of Legends, till some time ago the game closed even if you were searching in a chrome bar the terms "cheat engine". Something concerning a lazy script.

Holy sh*t it's real lmao 

Extremely pathetic and sad imo

3 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

Holy sh*t it's real lmao 

Extremely pathetic and sad imo

Told you... I can understand the concern about cheats being always more subtle but this is way overaggressive. 

1 hour ago, Kaniodon said:

It is very good to hear someone else using the software without malicious intend, you not getting any warning of any sort is not, however. At this point I can only take a break from the game just to make sure my money and time do not completely go down the drain (which they probably already have, given how this is an online game lol) 

Look i was sitting in warframe chatting with ppl while farming some stuff using cheat engine to rise my luck stat in some RPG i dont remember which

NEVER EVER i got that kind of warring 

My conclusion = cheat engine affects memory when of a program u will target

So if u didnt target warframe u had cheat engine running i would not blame it but start looking elsewhere

2 hours ago, Kaniodon said:

I use Cheat Engine extensively for some of my games. Having the software installed does not result in warnings like this. Warnings like this pop up when you have software actively running that can interact with the game. So if you have Cheat Engine running in the background it may be the culprit, but having the stuff installed is not enough to cause a warning like this.

35 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Look i was sitting in warframe chatting with ppl while farming some stuff using cheat engine to rise my luck stat in some RPG i dont remember which

NEVER EVER i got that kind of warring 

My conclusion = cheat engine affects memory when of a program u will target

So if u didnt target warframe u had cheat engine running i would not blame it but start looking elsewhere

This is another good point. If you don't have warframe selected then it may not even know the software is running.

I think what we're looking at here is a case where the guy is actually trying to cheat then pretend he wasn't. I've played Warframe for years and enjoy cheating at many games depending on what the game is and whether or not it affects anyone else. I've never had any issues/warnings from Warframe. 

55 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I think what we're looking at here is a case where the guy is actually trying to cheat then pretend he wasn't.

Is it ever not the case? Calling Dark Souls a "single player game" when cheaters causing other players they interacted with to get flagged and banned from online play was a huge issue a few years ago is a massive red flag. DE is absolutely right in stomping that S#&$ out with extreme prejudice.

1 hour ago, ebrl said:

Is it ever not the case? Calling Dark Souls a "single player game" when cheaters causing other players they interacted with to get flagged and banned from online play was a huge issue a few years ago is a massive red flag. DE is absolutely right in stomping that S#&$ out with extreme prejudice.

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying.

Are you saying that cheaters were causing non-cheaters to get banned in Dark Souls? Or was it the cheaters getting banned?

There really isn't anything wrong with cheating as long as it doesn't impact other people IMO. I mean... Adding Kefka to your team in Final Fantasy 6 by using cheats? That was great fun. Instagibbing people in competitive Counterstrike or something? Yeah... that's messed up. Thankfully online games are pretty good about protecting players from cheating. Warframe has never given me a warning like this and, like I said, I have the same program on my computer and use it regularly in games that don't have a multiplayer component.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

What you do now is make absolutely 1000% sure that your cheat software is entirely closed before playing multiplayer games.  

False do not just close/exit it, restart your computer and clear the hooked memory, with computers being so fast to reboot it's the safest way.

4 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

You are very lucky so far then.

4 hours ago, Kaniodon said:

In hindsight this is a rather dumb post I created out of panic. What happened to my account is with a 95% chance on me. 

I've never had any problems with any game ever in that manner, and now I'm afraid the trigger could've been something else entirely. 

Thanks for responding, I've went and contacted support if there is any possibility for the flag to be reverted. On the other hand I am quite angry that I can get banned for software present on my PC which has not been opened during play at all. 

Thank you guys.  

It can be fun to mess with in single player games but that is where it should stay.

Cheat engine installed on your computer WILL NOT trigger the anti-cheat system, the only way it would trigger is if you had been using it in another game and didn't restart your computer before playing a multi-player game.

Also run any Malware/Anti-Virus scans to make sure you don't have a Virus/Malware problem, have you installed anything recently that could have triggered the detection? these are all things to look into for the future.

Now the best advice I can give regarding Cheat Engine.

Always remember to restart your computer after using Cheat Engine, because once you've used it the cheat engine program hooks into the computers memory which is what triggers anti-cheat systems, just closing/exiting it will not work, so a restart clears anything still running in memory. 

I've heard it heaps of time working in the anti-cheat industry 'I only had cheat engine running I wasn't using it' to late sunshine you're banned, so yes always restart your computer when you want to play multi-player games online, it's the safest option.

7 hours ago, Kaniodon said:

Is it something that is temporary or will it stick with me forever and screw me over the next time I get careless while using MY OWN PC?!

It being YOUR OWN PC is the opposite of helpful to your case. You screwed up, WF caught you, and now you're on a last and final no appeal warning. 

Archived