Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do I do now? Is there a way to "revert" the warning?

Kaniodon

8 hours ago, Kaniodon said:

Am I in any way able to revert the "warning"?

Nope, as many told you, either directly or indirectly... Like Warframe Support did.

8 hours ago, Kaniodon said:

Is it something that is temporary or will it stick with me forever and screw me over the next time I get careless while using MY OWN PC?!

It sticks with you forever.

... Want my advice on the matter?

On 2021-05-21 at 4:36 AM, Kaniodon said:

In hindsight this is a rather dumb post I created out of panic. What happened to my account is with a 95% chance on me. 

I've never had any problems with any game ever in that manner, and now I'm afraid the trigger could've been something else entirely. 

Thanks for responding, I've went and contacted support if there is any possibility for the flag to be reverted. On the other hand I am quite angry that I can get banned for software present on my PC which has not been opened during play at all. 

Thank you guys. 

10 hours ago, Kaniodon said:

In hindsight this is a rather dumb post I created out of panic. What happened to my account is with a 95% chance on me. 

I've never had any problems with any game ever in that manner, and now I'm afraid the trigger could've been something else entirely. 

Thanks for responding, I've went and contacted support if there is any possibility for the flag to be reverted. On the other hand I am quite angry that I can get banned for software present on my PC which has not been opened during play at all. 

Thank you guys.  

If it wasn’t open during play it wouldn’t have been detected. The program has to be running for it to be detected. DE arent scanning your entire PC for files, just those relevant to the game, or any files that try to inject, like cheat engine.

Check your start up settings, make sure cheat engine isnt launching whenever you start your PC, and don’t settle for just “closing” the program. Many continue to run in the background. Going into task manager and manually terminate the application. 

You can't remove it.

You see, the next time something happens, another support member might address the ticket/situation, it can even be the same person, but ppl may not remember specific incidents with random users, this means they will add information to your account on their end so that when something happens again anyone can pull what they have on you, good or bad.

Right now they don't prevent warframe from launching if you have cheat engine on, they just log and potentially ban you.

I, at one point also used cheat engine to speed up a game, since i had to literally wait for the characther to learn magic and it was painfully slow and i couldn't do anything, i couldn't even do other things and leave the game running in the background, as soon that happens the game stops until you make it the main window, so cheat engine allowed me to skip that dreadfull task. It was common for me to leave the program open after i closed the game and since warframe is sensitive to what's running in the background, at one point i simply removed cheat engine altogether like you to avoid any potential problems.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

So, Write a batch file script, that Closes Cheat Engine and anything else like that, then starts up Warframe.

then replace the Warframe startup icon in your desktop shortcuts with that batch file instead, always use it to start playing.

Now you won't be forgetting to clean up.

Not sure how many people here would appreciate how helpful batch scripts are for running a computer.

11 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying.

Are you saying that cheaters were causing non-cheaters to get banned in Dark Souls? Or was it the cheaters getting banned?

There are multiple ways for cheaters to interfere with a legit player in Dark Souls, the most famous being forcing hacked items into their inventory, causing their account to get flagged and banned. There are even third party tools (oh, the irony) to try and prevent that from happening!

13 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

False do not just close/exit it, restart your computer and clear the hooked memory, with computers being so fast to reboot it's the safest way.

Well, that would be part of making 1000% sure it's closed, so I'm not disagreeing with you.  If that's what it takes, then so be it.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Well, that would be part of making 1000% sure it's closed, so I'm not disagreeing with you.  If that's what it takes, then so be it.

Fair enough, 👍 rebooting is always the safest option. :cool:

18 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I think what we're looking at here is a case where the guy is actually trying to cheat then pretend he wasn't. I've played Warframe for years and enjoy cheating at many games depending on what the game is and whether or not it affects anyone else. I've never had any issues/warnings from Warframe. 

Actually if u think about it he wanted to cheat in warframe in any way what would be the point of coming here even mentioning warning?

Whatever is the truth we should not care in the end i would look elsewhere for cause of the warning

But on other hand YYYYYYYYEEEAAAARRS ago ive seen some games accused some communicators like msn skype or whatever of being suspicious software

Heck there was game called S4 League which if u were running it you COULD NOT launch skype

So whatever i would not even bother just wait 2 weeks and move on

11 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Actually if u think about it he wanted to cheat in warframe in any way what would be the point of coming here even mentioning warning?

To make it seem like he is innocent. It is pretty typical behavior of guilty people to try and throw people off the scent.

39 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

To make it seem like he is innocent. It is pretty typical behavior of guilty people to try and throw people off the scent.

Don't forget the 'My Friend got ............ and I'm asking for them." lol

42 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

And what would he gain from that?

Lets say he cheated

He know he did and coming here gave him what? 

Lets say i insulted u in game and i got warning some ppl complain about my bad language/behavior towards them and if i dont change some actions will be taken towards my account

What i would gain from coming here and trying to put my self as innocent wrongly accused victim here?

I know what i did i know how it will end for me if i continue and no1 on this forums will change anything if i dont change so?

Your statement makes absolutely no sense since even if he cheated lets say he was trying to block HP from decreasing
Then what he have to gain from coming here?

Everyone will tell him he is wrongly accused and not to worry about it and he will know he did something bad and its his fault
Sharing it on forums have no gain to him anyway

And we can argue all day about it while in the end nothing you say nothing i say will change anything to him or de
So like i said he have nothing to gain from coming here

Disclaimer: Just to be totally crystal clear here, I'm not saying the OP is guilty. 

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

12 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

And what would he gain from that?

Lets say he cheated

He know he did and coming here gave him what? 

Lets say i insulted u in game and i got warning some ppl complain about my bad language/behavior towards them and if i dont change some actions will be taken towards my account

What i would gain from coming here and trying to put my self as innocent wrongly accused victim here?

I know what i did i know how it will end for me if i continue and no1 on this forums will change anything if i dont change so?

Your statement makes absolutely no sense since even if he cheated lets say he was trying to block HP from decreasing
Then what he have to gain from coming here?

Everyone will tell him he is wrongly accused and not to worry about it and he will know he did something bad and its his fault
Sharing it on forums have no gain to him anyway

And we can argue all day about it while in the end nothing you say nothing i say will change anything to him or de
So like i said he have nothing to gain from coming here

I can tell by your post you've never had to deal with cheaters officially in games in the past or you would understand @Leqesai post, it's one of the ploys I've seen working in the anti-cheat gaming industry over the years.

Now I'm not arguing with you don't get me wrong, it's what I know from years of experience in the field and some of the stuff out there is outright scary (not going to talk about the stuff) to the point it almost makes you want to stop playing multi-player games with what I know.

11 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Disclaimer: Just to be totally crystal clear here, I'm not saying the OP is guilty. 

I can tell by your post you've never had to deal with cheaters officially in games in the past or you would understand @Leqesai post, it's one of the ploys I've seen working in the anti-cheat gaming industry over the years.

Now I'm not arguing with you don't get me wrong, it's what I know from years of experience in the field and some of the stuff out there is outright scary (not going to talk about the stuff) to the point it almost makes you want to stop playing multi-player games with what I know.

I don't know even close to what you do, but from what I have learned from computer programming classes back in the day, I remember my professor who went on to get a really high paying job working with Swarm Theory and artificial intelligence, talking about computer security with some curious NSA agents in the class. He was saying that basically there IS no such thing as a computer system that can't be hacked, to someone who has enough time to try, especially if you don't have enough people around the clock working actively to stop such people. 

And when we are talking about PvP multiplayer games, we aren't talking about governments or big corporations, but video game companies with an office somewhere just trying to keep up with hackers with almost limitless time on their hands. Every time you find one way to lock them out, or detect them when they get past you, they find another way in. It's a constant battle, and there will never be a system that can't be hacked at all. 

I don't really play PvP games online, and when I do I do it extremely casual on casual servers, and even then I spot funny things on the occasion I do, doesn't matter what game. PvP games will always attract those kinds of people even in the most casual setting, and you will never be able to lock them out entirely. 

11 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't know even close to what you do, but from what I have learned from computer programming classes back in the day, I remember my professor who went on to get a really high paying job working with Swarm Theory and artificial intelligence, talking about computer security with some curious NSA agents in the class. He was saying that basically there IS no such thing as a computer system that can't be hacked, to someone who has enough time to try, especially if you don't have enough people around the clock working actively to stop such people. 

And when we are talking about PvP multiplayer games, we aren't talking about governments or big corporations, but video game companies with an office somewhere just trying to keep up with hackers with almost limitless time on their hands. Every time you find one way to lock them out, or detect them when they get past you, they find another way in. It's a constant battle, and there will never be a system that can't be hacked at all. 

I don't really play PvP games online, and when I do I do it extremely casual on casual servers, and even then I spot funny things on the occasion I do, doesn't matter what game. PvP games will always attract those kinds of people even in the most casual setting, and you will never be able to lock them out entirely. 

Your post is 100% correct, it's a constant battle against it.

Regardless of if it's games or everyday computer use like banking etc.. , systems will always need improving because there are always people out there that want to keep on constantly beating the new systems, game cheats are no different, it's like a tug of war you gain an inch then the other side gain an inch until you pull it back. 

17 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

People who've gotten caught cheating very often try to drum the community to support them by claiming they've done nothing wrong, game company x is wrong, customer support is rude etc. Not saying that's happening here, but it's very common. Check out Steam reviews for just about any online game and there's always one or two.

On 2021-05-21 at 2:58 AM, Kaniodon said:

screw me over the next time I get careless while using MY OWN PC?!

This is just a bad angle of viewing... pretty much everything.

You blast stereos too loud IN YOUR OWN HOME, you can get noice complaint.

You drive too fast IN YOUR OEN CAR, you can get pulled over.

You mistreat YOUR OWN FAMILY, you'll have problem with social services.

Heck, you try to do harm yourself, IT'S YOUR OWN BODY, people will be obligated to stop you.

We live in a society

Not quoting the joker. I'm quoting Seinfeld.

In any situation where you allow cheat software to exist on the same PC as Warframe you run the risk of having it active at the same time as Warframe. It's pretty simple. You want to use cheat software on a game AND play warframe? You should encapsulate one or the other on either a different system or on a separate installation on your system.

If you leave it on your system you will eventually mess up and your WF account goes *poof*

Animated GIF

47 minutes ago, Kraethius said:

People who've gotten caught cheating very often try to drum the community to support them by claiming they've done nothing wrong, game company x is wrong, customer support is rude etc. Not saying that's happening here, but it's very common. Check out Steam reviews for just about any online game and there's always one or two.

Thats not the answer to my question

What would he gain?
Would support say sorry?
Would we do anything to help him?

Its like you would call me idiot and then go to forums cry that i insulted you while i didnt well u did me
But what would you gain? What would you win?

In warframe no1 cares if someone cheated
This is cooperative game not competitive one

In idk counter strike call of duty you dont want to be tagged as cheater because ppl will dont trust ur skill
In warframe like who the hell would even give a crap?

But ok lets say he cheated he was trying to change memory of his idk mutagen mass quantity so he can build hemma for his dojo
WHO THE F**** CARE?

We wont help him with support
Support wont change their mind wont apologize to him just because he made forum post

Sooooo?

vor 5 Stunden schrieb ZeroX4:

This is easy to answer: Same as criminals who will go back to the location of the crime. They feel guilty, they are scared of being caught, they are nervous, the feelings become so overwhelming, that they think they have to do something and they do something very stupid most of the time.

21 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

What would he gain?
Would support say sorry?

Beats me. All I know is that such things happen. As to why? If I had to guess; looking for justification for their actions, looking for sympathy, shifting blame etc. The usual guilty conscience stuff.

5 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

This may have been true 5-10 years ago, but isn’t anymore. That’s the thing about technology, computers and systems in particular, every year the game almost completely changes.

7 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

What would he gain?
Would support say sorry?

Its like you would call me idiot and then go to forums cry that i insulted you while i didnt well u did me
But what would you gain? What would you win?

In warframe no1 cares if someone cheated
This is cooperative game not competitive one

In idk counter strike call of duty you dont want to be tagged as cheater because ppl will dont trust ur skill
In warframe like who the hell would even give a crap?

But ok lets say he cheated he was trying to change memory of his idk mutagen mass quantity so he can build hemma for his dojo
WHO THE F**** CARE?

We wont help him with support
Support wont change their mind wont apologize to him just because he made forum post

Sooooo?

To be clear, no one is actually saying he did or did not want to cheat Warframe.

But having said that... you really having a hard time understanding why people would lie or make up stories to make themselves look innocent?

Have you never seen a child? Children do this all the time. They make up elaborate stories about how things happen to get them off the hook. This is common knowledge. It is called lying. People do it to stay out of trouble. People do it to make themselves feel validated when they feel guilty about whatever they did wrong.... 

Also, the "what would he gain" is directly related to the issue raised. By saying it was an accident the hope would to remove the warning flag from his account. He said it in the title of this topic...

6 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

This may have been true 5-10 years ago, but isn’t anymore. That’s the thing about technology, computers and systems in particular, every year the game almost completely changes.

Technology changes, human behavior does not. That was the point the person you quoted was making.

Furthermore, their point remains valid today. There absolutely are and will always be ways to circumvent protections in games. Hacking doesnt necessarily mean doing some matrix stuff to get in remotely. People can and do infiltrate organizations to hack from within. I used to work for the world's second largest producer of memory chips and it was common knowledge that we had spies from other companies working for us, and we had out own spies sent out to other companies.

Heck, even in the retail sector this sort of thing exists. Years later i used to run point of sale for a chain of grocery stores and we used to send people to competitors to scan their products to physically adjust our prices to be a certain percent over/under depending on our inventory and record of sales with the product.

There is a lot of money in hacking or circumventing security measures. Just as there are developments in software security there are people developing ways of bypassing it. Just look at emulation and hacking of gaming consoles. 

You are crazy if you think this is not a problem today just as much as it was 10 years ago.

Archived