Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An enhanced trading experience

TheNerdyShirt

12 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

A Handful? Just on this post you mention the equivalent to 9 items. And Rivens are dozens.
Again, your assumptions don't mean crap, warframe.market has a number of users equivalent to 50% of the PC average pop actively engaging with it. And that's a third party resource. That's how necessary an AH system is.

9 is still a handful.....it's nothing compared to the amount of items that are under 100p that are being traded. And 370p is 20 us dollars, so even that isn't hundreds of euro. If something is over 370p it's for a reason....

Some rivens are expensive because they are rare or in high demand. Please go magically roll 3 separate rivens that have 3 positives and a negative, I'd love to see you do it.

13 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Ah yes, pull out my joke and turn it against me. You know full well what I intended with that.

I don't want to say I told you so. I'm willing to admit I was wrong if it turns out crap. It doesn't matter to me if I'm right or wrong. All I'm saying is DE should be willing to give it a shot.

And you're assumption on DE not implementing it because of risks is yet another of those assumptions. I can counter that with another assumption and say it's not a prio so they focus on other things. Wooptido. We threw assumptions at eachother.

Let us all run around in circles and explain why things cannot be done without actual knowledge. I'm beginning to believe people actually enjoy thinking up imaginary things on why things cannot be done. This is the exact reason why I said before that people are just afraid of change. If your first response to something is: oh you cannot do that because probably x-y-z, then well... sigh. Cannot argue with people that live and breathe roadblocks.

We are using some knowledge, though.....

Are you aware DE already made statements regarding auction houses? They have no plans for them at all, and said they want people to trade because it's more interactive.

This factors into the "base" of some arguments that you call baseless. We're not just making up DEs intentions. 

Just now, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

We are using some knowledge, though.....

Are you aware DE already made statements regarding auction houses? They have no plans for them at all, and said they want people to trade because it's more interactive.

This factors into the "base" of some arguments that you call baseless. We're not just making up DEs intentions. 

Yea I've heard that before. but saying that the trading system is interactive. Well.. I guess DE doesn't really use it themselves.

Just now, RazerXPrime said:

Yea I've heard that before. but saying that the trading system is interactive. Well.. I guess DE doesn't really use it themselves.

Uhm....we use it. I've communicated and bartered with people and still do. I may have a hard price on something but someone makes a reasonable offer enough for me to let it go. 

I've bought rivens from people and we talked about builds for the riven, even sending me links of their build as suggestions etc.

That's more interactive than searching an auction house for all rivens with the "cronicon" suffix and browsing them to buy one i guess.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Uhm....we use it. I've communicated and bartered with people and still do. I may have a hard price on something but someone makes a reasonable offer enough for me to let it go. 

I've bought rivens from people and we talked about builds for the riven, even sending me links of their build as suggestions etc.

That's more interactive than searching an auction house for all rivens with the "cronicon" suffix and browsing them to buy one i guess.

Impressive. That's leaps and bounds beyond my usual experience.

Normally I either I catch somebody making an offer and sell what I have, or they ask the price on something I'm offering, pay it, and it's all GLHF.

I guess it's more a personal behavior than anything related to trading itself. Trading is being used as an ice breaker.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Well you must have a really different experience from me. Most people are hard pressed to even say TY. And that's all they will say. A lot don't even respond, ignore you and don't accept invites. I've had like 2 or 3 good interactions out of the thousands of trades. 

And it's not like an auction house cannot include chat or any other conversation method. Come on think outside the box. Sure, for selling a toxic mod from corrupted Vor you don't care for interaction. For larger purchases like Rivens you can implement something different.

Dear me, for the amount of things people think up on why something is a bad idea they surely don't apply this imagination on how to make something work.

8 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

Because of the design of Warframe's RNG, it is technically possible to never receive a part by way of extremely unfortunate luck. Since you're calculating hypothetical infinities, the certainty you can count on is that for two identical items, a player need to get lucky at least twice as often as if they only needed one. In practice there is a statistical probability, but also no guarantee of frequency.

This line of argument reminds me of a former colleague many years ago who suddenly started worrying about randomly generated UUIDs colliding one day.  Sure, it's technically possible for RNGesus to screw you to hell and back, but the actual odds are so astronomically small that it's not worth fretting over.

There is currently no rule that players can't trade prime parts for Ammo Drums. If what you say were true, it already would be.

How so?  I do not think I follow your logic here.

The most you're proving is that people aren't participating in the market, as displayed by prices which you're claiming could be lower; that equals less justification for plat sales. Those prices are and always have been 100% player set. There's as much justification for an item being 1 plat and taking a week to sell as there is for it being 1,000 plat and taking a week to sell; completely out of DE's hands what players want to pay each other.

You are correct.  My claim is that the inefficiencies in the market (inaccessibility) are making players not trade nearly as much as they could, thus creating scarcity.  That added inefficiency is in turn driving more players to the more accessible market that DE operates themselves.  And just to set the record straight, I do not find anything wrong with that.  DE works hard on this game, and they do deserve to continually be paid so their staff can stay alive and continue working on the it.

3 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Well you must have a really different experience from me. Most people are hard pressed to even say TY. And that's all they will say. A lot don't even respond, ignore you and don't accept invites. I've had like 2 or 3 good interactions out of the thousands of trades. 

And it's not like an auction house cannot include chat or any other conversation method.

Thousands of trades? For real? I gotta estimate the math on this one. We'll just make it a single thousand. One trade window has an accept time delay of like 10 seconds, right? So that alone is 10k seconds. Then navigating the menus, assuming you know exactly how to find what you're looking for, probably another 10 seconds, but let's call it 15 because the other person might not. Say they're half and half Maroo and clan terminal, 5 shots per Maroo trip. Grant about 40 seconds loading time per trip and 10 second to get to the trading spot.

500+100*50=30,000+10,000+15,000=55,000/60/60= 15.27 hours whoa. That's a lot of time spent trading. It's very possible though.

Chat in an auction house would probably be relay chat, so yeah, standard arrangement. I have to wonder why trade is the thing they had to take a firm stance on and be all "nope, this is the spot. This is where players have to interact. Not during party formation, not after joining a clan, not when visiting relays or villages; gotta be p2p trades."

34 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

Thousands of trades? For real? I gotta estimate the math on this one. We'll just make it a single thousand. One trade window has an accept time delay of like 10 seconds, right? So that alone is 10k seconds. Then navigating the menus, assuming you know exactly how to find what you're looking for, probably another 10 seconds, but let's call it 15 because the other person might not. Say they're half and half Maroo and clan terminal, 5 shots per Maroo trip. Grant about 40 seconds loading time per trip and 10 second to get to the trading spot.

500+100*50=30,000+10,000+15,000=55,000/60/60= 15.27 hours whoa. That's a lot of time spent trading. It's very possible though.

Chat in an auction house would probably be relay chat, so yeah, standard arrangement. I have to wonder why trade is the thing they had to take a firm stance on and be all "nope, this is the spot. This is where players have to interact. Not during party formation, not after joining a clan, not when visiting relays or villages; gotta be p2p trades."

Ok, I may have overexaggerated that part 😅 but I've done a lot of trading.

12 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

This line of argument reminds me of a former colleague many years ago who suddenly started worrying about randomly generated UUIDs colliding one day.  Sure, it's technically possible for RNGesus to screw you to hell and back, but the actual odds are so astronomically small that it's not worth fretting over.

How so?  I do not think I follow your logic here.

You are correct.  My claim is that the inefficiencies in the market (inaccessibility) are making players not trade nearly as much as they could, thus creating scarcity.  That added inefficiency is in turn driving more players to the more accessible market that DE operates themselves.  And just to set the record straight, I do not find anything wrong with that.  DE works hard on this game, and they do deserve to continually be paid so their staff can stay alive and continue working on the it.

Yeah, it'd require an amazing streak of bad luck to never get it. My point was that it's fair for me to call it double the play time because there's no set number. Both sets of runs would be subject to the same probability, but neither would be guaranteed an exact range of numbers. Two people running separately for one items has an equally probable chance of RNG favoring them. The one thing you can be sure of is that at least two missions are being ran.

If prices would radically drop because of surplus supply, they would have already. There's nothing stopping traders from undercutting each other. In fact, they already do it frequently for quick sale on warframe.market. Likewise, there's nothing stopping traders from offering bare minimum trades, out of the goodness of their hearts. I've offered to give things away in trade hub, but people would rather pay me. Prices are fairly standard on most items and nobody's racing to the bottom. So then, if it was going to happen, it would already have happened. Everything it takes to enable that kind of radical pricing standard shift is already in place, yet it's not an issue.

There's a lot of things that fall into the balance of keeping DE's lights on. The paramount among them is people actually using their products. A depressing number of MMOs have gone down the monetization rabbit hole and ended up dying because of it (there's actually an interesting youtube series about it called Death of a Game). Any trade done for plat potentially has a positive impact on plat sales. Trading is a special beast because by the time somebody enters into a trade, DE's already been paid, either in time or actual money.

Anybody who would buy a weapon or a frame from a trader rather than direct from the market is getting a lower quality product and DE arranged for that. They're still making money even when somebody gets cheap gear.

Market direct purchased gear comes complete and ready to equip, with an item slot, a potato, and in the case of prime packages it also comes with a stack of plat, profile icon and some long term boosters.

Players buying discount blueprints (or opting to farm for themselves) are expected to wait at least 84 hours for a frame or 12 hours for a weapons; no slot, no potato, no stack of plat, no booster, no profile icon, no sense of supporting the longevity of the game.

Some of those luxuries can be afforded in time, but those who don't mind spending can get a much better deal.

55 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Just remembered, I saw a cartoon once that has a good example of why markets don't often maintain extreme fluctuations.

Hot dog vendor sets up next to another hot dog vendor. Puts out a sign that says "1 hot dog for $1" identical to the cart across from them. That person crosses out their sign and writes "1 hot dog for $0.99". They go back and forth undercutting each other until one of them finally writes "100 hot dogs for $1". The other vendor walks over and buys their hot dogs. That vendor puts out a "closed" sign, and the other vendor puts out a "1 hot dog for $1" sign.

I've seen it happen in auction houses in other games. People will buy low and sell high, because they're not okay with competition undercutting them to make a quick sale.

2 hours ago, SheikaVoid said:

Well, obviously, I have zero say when updates are concerned, but I would propose the following...

1. A fully automated system wherein one could simply idle their game and trade, sell items during missions, and manage their profits accordingly, would serve the playerbase better than warframe.market ever could.  Furthermore, price averages could even become a feature, allowing for all the features provided through third party implementations, along with many others.

2. Automated trading, trade history, easy item inventory, trade without proxies, streamlined trading for new and experienced players, a better economy system overall.

3. Note that this feature could even have thematic ties, a Corpus market perhaps.

4. Players new and old spend fewer hours idle and trading, and greater time within missions and questlines.  Trading items becomes a streamlined process throughout which the player earns and spends platinum efficiently and without time waste.  Furthermore, having official support for average price indications, along with mutually beneficial and efficient trades, would deflate the power scammers and unsavory vets hold over newbies with valuable items.

You want the system Neopets had.

You want a user to have a shop space they maintain (keeping it DE's tradition, it'd probably have slots you could pay to expand), and then you want a shop wizard/search engine to find the best prices.

In the case of games like EVE, the shop locations were also subject to distance. Time consideration impacted whether a person had the patience and temperament to travel across the sector or into dangerous regions for a larger profit.

17 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

If prices would radically drop because of surplus supply, they would have already. There's nothing stopping traders from undercutting each other. In fact, they already do it frequently for quick sale on warframe.market. Likewise, there's nothing stopping traders from offering bare minimum trades, out of the goodness of their hearts. I've offered to give things away in trade hub, but people would rather pay me. Prices are fairly standard on most items and nobody's racing to the bottom. So then, if it was going to happen, it would already have happened. Everything it takes to enable that kind of radical pricing standard shift is already in place, yet it's not an issue.

This I do not agree with.  There are enough inefficiencies in place that many people simply choose to not or very rarely trade.  Me for example.  I haven't traded in months, but this thread got me curious again.  So I spent an hour or so and made 100+ plat just by responding to a few WTBs on trade chat.  Didn't haggle, just accepted whatever the buyer offered.  But would I do it again?  Probably only if I get really, really bored with nothing else to do.  So I'm sitting on a stockpile that very rarely ends up in the market.  If a much more efficient auction house were to emerge, then I (and others like me) would just dump a bunch of stuff there and I can guarantee you the prices would drop across the board.

30 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

Market direct purchased gear comes complete and ready to equip, with an item slot, a potato, and in the case of prime packages it also comes with a stack of plat, profile icon and some long term boosters.

Players buying discount blueprints (or opting to farm for themselves) are expected to wait at least 84 hours for a frame or 12 hours for a weapons; no slot, no potato, no stack of plat, no booster, no profile icon, no sense of supporting the longevity of the game.

Yes, but you do realize that the item slot, the build time, the potato, the booster, and profile icon can all be bought, right?  So all that's left is "sense of supporting the longevity of the game", which is essentially "goodwill".  Again, I do not believe there is anything wrong with refusing to build an optimized market in order to hold up prices and keep profits for the devs.  But I am nowhere near convinced that the market is already near optimal and prices will not be affected by a more efficient marketplace.

1 hour ago, sir_deadlock said:

I've seen it happen in auction houses in other games. People will buy low and sell high, because they're not okay with competition undercutting them to make a quick sale.

Are you sure those players bought low and sold high out of spite?  And not because they simply wanted to make a profit?  This kind of market cornering can work for incredibly scarce goods, but will not be sustainable for any type of highly-available commodity with a bunch of sellers.  In Warframe, the only type of good this might work is Rivens, but as we all know you really do not need Rivens for anything.

7 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

I'm all for a more convenient trade system, but there are games where people prefer economic management as the central part of the game.

First example that came to my mind is European Truck Simulator. You think to yourself "that's obviously a truck driving sim" but when you look at the community there's a group of people that play it from the manager's perspective. They spend all their time hiring and firing employees, raking in money, growing their business, buying garages and trucks. For them, making money as fast as possible is the game. The same could be said about clicker games and scaling progression.

I'm guessing it's part of the greater min/max meta mentality of being the best gamer they can be. Manager simulator kind of things.

For it to make sense, you have to look at it from the perspective of game design, rather than market optimization. They're not trying to help buyers and sellers, they're trying to make the game of leveraging the market more fun and interesting; via mutually beneficial arrangements from direct networking communications with prospective clients. Old fashioned business dealings.

As for reasons to oppose the auction house?

•   Bannable transactions are best avoided with an approval processes.
  • An actual timed auction isn't as efficient as a buy price, but I get the semantics of the term.
  • And this one's a bit counter intuitive, but a malicious deep pocketed buyer could monopolize on certain items and dictate their average sale price; the current market arrangement works against small business agents having their stock be part of a mass purchase.

1) Bannable offenses are way better managed through the auction house, since you can filter those within the Auction system.

2) Who said anything about timed?

3) Just like what happens now? Without recourse?

2 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

This I do not agree with.  There are enough inefficiencies in place that many people simply choose to not or very rarely trade.  Me for example.  I haven't traded in months, but this thread got me curious again.  So I spent an hour or so and made 100+ plat just by responding to a few WTBs on trade chat.  Didn't haggle, just accepted whatever the buyer offered.  But would I do it again?  Probably only if I get really, really bored with nothing else to do.  So I'm sitting on a stockpile that very rarely ends up in the market.  If a much more efficient auction house were to emerge, then I (and others like me) would just dump a bunch of stuff there and I can guarantee you the prices would drop across the board.

A market people are discouraged from using is a market that could be making more money.

The biggest challenge for any MMO is getting a user to make that first purchase and commit to being okay with spending real money on their platform. Any avenue that can be profitable should be inviting and simple to understand. Make it easy for people to spend their money on the things they want (even if it's conditional) and they will do so.

If DE made a shop face for users, it'd probably go with the same logic as Maroo's: you could list a limited number of items. Unless you wanted to pay for more market slots, but even then you'd have to decide which items you want to prioritize selling. Meanwhile, if you went into it the classic method, you could arrange to sell anything tradable.

27 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Yes, but you do realize that the item slot, the build time, the potato, the booster, and profile icon can all be bought, right?  So all that's left is "sense of supporting the longevity of the game", which is essentially "goodwill".

In the case of maximum prime pack benefits, the profile icon and any cosmetics cannot be bought with plat.

The other benefits though: rushing the current frame and weapons all the way costs 180 plat. Buying a potatoes is 60 plat, slots is 32 plat, the boosters are valued at 1,200 plat, and a player's definitely not going to get all that and 3,990 plat along with cheap blueprints. Spending money on a prime pack (if you can afford it and like the game) is an efficient use of money!

Cheap traded blueprints though, 272 plat processing costs, not counting boosters, new sets valued about 100 - 200 plat per set: Best deal to get enough plat to make that happen is probably the $49.99 1,000 plat package (there'll be some left over). At that point you might as well buy the $50 weapons prime pack and use the included plat to buy the warframe. So if the buyer is using their own plat, they're not really saving money unless they're willing to forgo rushing the build and run Nightwave for the potatoes. In which case they're paying for the discount with their time.

DE profits either way. If they got the plat through the market, it's the same, but somebody else paid for it.

13 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Are you sure those players bought low and sold high out of spite?  And not because they simply wanted to make a profit?  This kind of market cornering can work for incredibly scarce goods, but will not be sustainable for any type of highly-available commodity with a bunch of sellers.  In Warframe, the only type of good this might work is Rivens, but as we all know you really do not need Rivens for anything.

Didn't mean to imply spite. Sorry about that. Sellers aren't okay with being undercut and intend to regulate the market so that it doesn't devalue their prices. More out of self interest than any kind of feeling toward the other person. (like you said) Multiple people will do that. If somebody tries to spam the house with unusually low offers, it tends to last less than a day.

The stuff it applies to is... everything really. If a price is too low and there's no buy limit, people buy up the lot. Either because they need it or they re-list it. If it's something extremely common (like you said) it might not be worth the time.

As for rivens not being essential? My employer isn't likely to call me into their office for having a trash build. Heh.

To compare it to the systems I've seen though, there are some collectible items which go for high prices. Some of the most common end up being so cheap that people are basically trying to give them away, but the key desired pieces have higher prices.

If the Warframe market followed suit, you'd see a shift. The commons would lower in price (a person still has to have it be worth their time) and the hardest to get items would increase. There may be more of them, but nobody needs to lower their offers. As for sets though, a person would probably still rather sell them directly rather than break up the set. An auction house probably wouldn't facilitate packaged sales. It'd be interesting if users could make their own effort-cracked time capsules though. If there was a way to guarantee the value inside and they could be bought with credits or resource trades, I might have fun opening those to see what people put in them.

The behavior of market regulated prices rings true in the current arrangement. Relics cost like 3 plat, your basic mod might go for  3 - 10 plat, gems and fish might go for 1 or 2 plat, a frame set is usually like 120, more if it's hard to farm or vaulted. The shifting meta also affects prices.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

9 is still a handful.....it's nothing compared to the amount of items that are under 100p that are being traded. And 370p is 20 us dollars, so even that isn't hundreds of euro. If something is over 370p it's for a reason....

Some rivens are expensive because they are rare or in high demand. Please go magically roll 3 separate rivens that have 3 positives and a negative, I'd love to see you do it.

Oh god, now i know you're being dense on purpose.

9 is the few items you rattled on your post (and it was 12, forgot the BP. Each Prime warframe, of which there are 32 is 4 parts, that is a grand total of 128 Just Prime WARFRAME parts. Then there's Prime weapons, Mods, Riven Mods, Pet DNA, etc.

So, you first say there's no rare items, now some rivens are rare, you're a very consistent person. I mean, if i didn't know better, i'd say you're being fictitious on purpose to defend your interests.

5 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

1) Bannable offenses are way better managed through the auction house, since you can filter those within the Auction system.

2) Who said anything about timed?

3) Just like what happens now? Without recourse?

1) Yes and no. If they kept track of them, they could maybe reverse the damage more accurately. Their ability to discover offenses takes a little while though. A player moving fast could get a bunch of people in trouble before the moderators can stop them. Up until that point it's unknown where a player got their plat from, so it can't be filtered out. (not as far as I've heard)

2) "Auctions" strictly speaking are timed things which people place bids on. The highest bidder by the end of the time limit wins the item. Like I said though, the term Auction House in gaming tends to imply a trading board, usually with buy-now pricing schemes, so I understand the semantics.

3) If it's happening now, it requires much more effort and isn't as expansive without utilizing the aid of third party tools. Making trade offers easier to navigate would also make it easier for people trying to game the system.

3 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

9 is the few items you rattled on your post (and it was 12, forgot the BP. Each Prime warframe, of which there are 32 is 4 parts, that is a grand total of 128 Just Prime WARFRAME parts. Then there's Prime weapons, Mods, Riven Mods, Pet DNA, etc.

So, you first say there's no rare items, now some rivens are rare, you're a very consistent person. I mean, if i didn't know better, i'd say you're being fictitious on purpose to defend your interests.

Not to mention the fact that making an argument that Rivens with many positives are scarce #*!%ing supports the idea of rare items, as does the existence of a multitude of high-value mods and frame components.

An AH in WF wouldnt work since it would be plagued by the same things that turned the RMAH into a terrible thing in D3 since something with real money value would be involved. Undercutting and so on would become a regular thing, sniping aswell and it would eventually de-value Platinum to be worth nothing in player to player trading. Selling would just be far less complicated so more and more players would do it actively, which would saturate the market with items at extremely low price. Meaning that with the trade limit it would take more and more time for players to go the F2P way in order to obtain market items like cosmetics, frames, weapons, boosts bundles and so on since those items would still sit at the exact same DE designated prices.

Something sitting at 175p now in the market could easily skyrocket to be worth the equal of 1750p if player to player trades result in de-valued plat. And this has been seen in other games where certain things that were reliable income sources have gotten more common. Like gems in ArchAge, which at one point were good income to farm, then they were made available through a cash shop which reduced their value immensily, which in turn led to things selling at the same price as before still turned into something far more expensive since you could no longer obtain the same gold/hours. Which ment a 9000 gold boat was suddenly equal to 100000 gold due to the components involved in making one.

4 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

If DE made a shop face for users, it'd probably go with the same logic as Maroo's: you could list a limited number of items. Unless you wanted to pay for more market slots, but even then you'd have to decide which items you want to prioritize selling.

And even that would be a massive upgrade to the trade chat we have now.  Being able to simply list a few products for sale and let the system handle the rest while I play or do something else?  I can bet you all of us who do not want to bother with trading will come out of the woodwork and the market would get flooded.

4 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

DE profits either way. If they got the plat through the market, it's the same, but somebody else paid for it.

Yes, but if the plat is paid to DE, then it is taken out of circulation.  Any additional plat payment to either DE or another player will then require an additional plat purchase with "real money".  The less a piece of plat changes hands and the quicker it gets reabsorbed by DE, the more "real money" DE can make with plat sales.  Again, I have to add the caveat that I do not fault DE for designing things like this to boost profits.  There are many much more underhanded ways to take currency out of circulation, and I applaud them for not going there.

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

An AH in WF wouldnt work since it would be plagued by the same things that turned the RMAH into a terrible thing in D3 since something with real money value would be involved. Undercutting and so on would become a regular thing, sniping aswell and it would eventually de-value Platinum to be worth nothing in player to player trading. Selling would just be far less complicated so more and more players would do it actively, which would saturate the market with items at extremely low price. Meaning that with the trade limit it would take more and more time for players to go the F2P way in order to obtain market items like cosmetics, frames, weapons, boosts bundles and so on since those items would still sit at the exact same DE designated prices.

Something sitting at 175p now in the market could easily skyrocket to be worth the equal of 1750p if player to player trades result in de-valued plat. And this has been seen in other games where certain things that were reliable income sources have gotten more common. Like gems in ArchAge, which at one point were good income to farm, then they were made available through a cash shop which reduced their value immensily, which in turn led to things selling at the same price as before still turned into something far more expensive since you could no longer obtain the same gold/hours. Which ment a 9000 gold boat was suddenly equal to 100000 gold due to the components involved in making one.

No, because the RMAH in Diablo 3 was intentionally made by Blizzard to profit from the players, not as a P2P trading section.
An AH/TP in Warframe would be the same thing as the Trading Post in GW2, which is one of the few things in the game they got perfectly right at launch, back in 2012.

1 hour ago, MqToasty said:

Yes, but if the plat is paid to DE, then it is taken out of circulation.  Any additional plat payment to either DE or another player will then require an additional plat purchase with "real money".  The less a piece of plat changes hands and the quicker it gets reabsorbed by DE, the more "real money" DE can make with plat sales.  Again, I have to add the caveat that I do not fault DE for designing things like this to boost profits.  There are many much more underhanded ways to take currency out of circulation, and I applaud them for not going there.

TAXES!
You want to get rid of plat faster from the economy? Put fees/taxes in the Auction House/Trading Post, a 5% posting fee and a 10% tax on purchases, and you'll get plat circulating out of the economy way faster than the current system can do it.
OR, if they change player to player transactions to credits, just put the fee on the plat to credits transaction. GW2 has been doing that for coming to 9 years, no complaints, no issues. I've never seen people complain of negative gem issues, never seen complain about bans due to legitimate deals (except that one guy that announced an "exploit" on youtube 2 weeks after launch).

7 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

So an auction house is still just a way for cheap people to get rare items cheaper....gotcha.

30 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

No, because the RMAH in Diablo 3 was intentionally made by Blizzard to profit from the players, not as a P2P trading section.
An AH/TP in Warframe would be the same thing as the Trading Post in GW2, which is one of the few things in the game they got perfectly right at launch, back in 2012.

TAXES!
You want to get rid of plat faster from the economy? Put fees/taxes in the Auction House/Trading Post, a 5% posting fee and a 10% tax on purchases, and you'll get plat circulating out of the economy way faster than the current system can do it.
OR, if they change player to player transactions to credits, just put the fee on the plat to credits transaction. GW2 has been doing that for coming to 9 years, no complaints, no issues. I've never seen people complain of negative gem issues, never seen complain about bans due to legitimate deals (except that one guy that announced an "exploit" on youtube 2 weeks after launch).

I'd also note that the original postulate is ridiculous, some of that plat is going to be burnt on slots and rushing anyway.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

So an auction house is still just a way for cheap people to get rare items cheaper....gotcha.

And that's a problem for you?  You're really going to oppose the ease of sale and market democratization to maintain the value of digital items in Warframe of all games, where plat has no transferability with real money?

Archived