Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am confused about Yareli and the overall art & story direction of the game [Spoilers for Second Dream and Sevagoth questline]

Nadameru

11 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Irrelevant counter-point. Yareli does not fly around sprinkling fairy dust and making people float like a Disney trope. They are completely different art styles.

(Feel free to hit me up with more basic teen gamer arguments. They're hilarious.)

Not irrelevant because art style includes motion and body posture. Yareli moves like only shonen trope anime girls from Japan move. But I guess you missed those in the pictures I posted. But try again. You're the one being hilarious.

17 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Yareli moves like only shonen trope anime girls from Japan move.

And Ash moves like a Naruto ninja. And Limbo moves like a cartoon magician. And Gauss moves like Lazy Town character. And Inaros moves like a Scooby-Doo villain. And...

16 minutes ago, Nadameru said:

What are your thoughts on Yareli, perfectly framed waifu? Does it add to the game?

Interesting kit. Gonna be fun to learn the movement, and not having ability casting be slow and stationary will be very refreshing. It'll come down to how good her CC and DR is, tho.

16 minutes ago, Nadameru said:

Do you think you'll be able to appreciate the game more with it, or less?

We got butterfly wings, skateboards, Guitar Hero, skeletons, pirates, and lord knows how much else random stuff nowadays. So much of it that an anime girl doesn't even make me bat an eye. I mean, we even got pole dancing animations now! All I see in this thread is people arbitrary drawing a line because while they can set aside all the other nonsense, this is the one bit of nonsense they just can't tolerate. If anyone who's against Yareli is also among the ones who want a werewolf frame, I can't help but laugh.

Edit: Oh, and we hit people with candy canes. Seriously, the Warframe art style is about as intact as Team Fortress 2's.

> Interesting kit. Gonna be fun to learn the movement, and not having ability casting be slow and stationary will be very refreshing. It'll come down to how good her CC and DR is, tho.

Yeah actually that's a really good point. If on top of her surfboard most of her skills are 1handed, I think she'll be really cool to play.

I'm more interested in Yareli now, thanks for pointing that out

1 minute ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

And Ash moves like a Naruto ninja. And Limbo moves like a cartoon magician. And Gauss moves like Lazy Town character. And Inaros moves like a Scooby-Doo villain. And...

Of course that must be true because it is your opinion. And you're using the word arbitrary to dismiss others. Ok.

19 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Of course that must be true because it is your opinion. And you're using the word arbitrary to dismiss others. Ok.

Do you have an actual counterpoint, though? Because none of those statements are false at face value. Limbo in particular is absolutely absurd, including a bio-organic tophat for no reason other than he's a stereotypical stage magician. Custom idle animations are always goofy and dumb-looking. Inaros occasionally stretches his hands out like a Hanna-Barbara cartoon zombie (because he's a stereotypical mummy), Grendel stomps the ground for no reason (because he's a sumo wrestler), Harrow's entire concept is "a pennant monk," etc. And best of all, you can stick any of those animations on any Warframe with a minor monetary cost.

Idle animations ARE "Fashionframe." They're there for people who like their aesthetic, while those of us who find them offputtingly silly can simply not use them. Can't stop other people from using them, obviously, but you can't stop people from making hideous unsightly costumes nor should you try to. Yes, Yareli is very kwaii desu. I'm personally fine with it. This isn't WH40K, you can't really argue that in the grim darkness of the future, there is only war. There's plenty of silliness in the game already, not least of which being Clem. Yareli appears to be linked to the Vent Kids, so it makes sense she'd have a similar awful, cringy, "How do you do, fellow kids!" vibe.

At least her overall design looks a bit more human than a lot of recent Warframes. I don't know who at the art team likes these "fish crossed with birds" designs that come across like the clogs I pull out of my sink, but this one's closer to a Trinity. I like that.

I think the 'fish crossed with birds' aspect is what pushed the envelope of warframe's design. Limbo has such an alien silhouette that he was the first warframe I built and I've mained ever since (though I'm not a big fan of stasis being introduced in his rework).

There's something compelling about the sterile organic melted wax look that some older warframes have. The violent hash of material and texture that, from your first glance, refuses to surrender what it was inspired from. This is what makes their designs so compelling. This air of ambiguity, this design space that I wish was explored further, is what defines exemplar warframe design for me. Hence my disappointment/confusion over some of the current warframes/cosmetics being a bit too literal for my tastes.

Granted excal/ember/nyx are just men/women in a skin-tight suits, so it's not very fair to hold older warframes at higher regard. But still.

Ah S#&$ you've convinced me. You guys are absolutely right. We should just change it all to cell shaded with anime trope movements for all. Turn frames into mecha instead of infestation, because honestly there's a bigger audience for that too. And we need schoolgirl outfits and bathingsuit outfits for all frames too. I mean dog days exists. Let's go all the way.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

Turn frames into mecha instead of infestation,

oH... it's already happening (Necramechs/RJ)!

Calm down... it's freaking animations or something. It's not like different fighting style like RJ/Mechs.

1 minute ago, quxier said:

oH... it's already happening (Necramechs/RJ)!

Calm down... it's freaking animations or something. It's not like different fighting style like RJ/Mechs.

No, their design is too old school warframe. Needs to be mecha.

I'm just waiting for her lore, her kit looks interesting but as far as looks goes my kids spotted her from a mile away and instantly were drawn to her lol. So she will prolly be bringing in a new gen of players with her cuteness and while her looks do not interest me they will some. I apologize for grammar and punctuation errors I had a rough night and am a bit tired still.

45 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I looked for it online but cannot find it.

Not surprised to hear that. You seem to have an easy time turning a blind eye to every bit aesthetic insanity in Warframe that isn't anime girls.

Speaking of which, I'm curious. Why are you so obsessed with anime girls? Like, how do you even find stuff like this to link?

3 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

1478835353-305d486a1d2c7527b8f778ef176c2

Secret folder? 🤔🤔🤔

1 minute ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Not surprised to hear that. You seem to have an easy time turning a blind eye to every bit aesthetic insanity in Warframe that isn't anime girls.

Speaking of which, I'm curious. Why are you so obsessed with anime girls? Like, how do you even find stuff like this to link?

Secret folder? 🤔🤔🤔

google: anime fairy?

Coming from someone with waifu in the name, honestly you make yourself one of the most rediculous people at this point.

7 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Coming from someone with waifu in the name, honestly you make yourself one of the most rediculous people at this point.

And you still manage to have me beat with how dead serious you are when it comes to little anime girl. Congratulations!

But yeah, good idea to repeatedly google instead of making a folder. Less chance people find out about an obsession that way.

9 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

I wasn't going to reply to the nonsense you posted, but this part was so funny that I just had to highlight it. It also gives me even more reason to ignore basically everything else you have to say on anything Warframe related.

And now I know that you're just looking for a reason to be toxic. I won't have any of your bile anymore.

While I completely agree on Warframe losing its original much darker atmosphere and art style, I disagree about the latest quests not being dark enough or good enough.

I love both Hearts of Deimos and Sevagoth's quests, and I do think they fit really well with WF's lore and themes. While I agree the whole musical thing of Sevagoth's bossfight was a big "WTF" moment, I personally thought it was pretty cool in a whacky sort of way and the song was beautiful. The rest of Sevagoth's story is very cool and plenty dark. Same for Hearts of Deimos, I don't see an issue with family drama, WF writing is usually at its best when it gives us some character drama and not only background exposition. I mean, hard to beat the darkness in Albrecht's audios (I'm still missing the last one, but thus far Deimos is my favorite open world in terms of story already). 

But there's no denying the light hearted silliness took over WF long ago already. Cosmetics, frames, events, some story elements, etc. But at least the story and writing are still great for me, my favorite part about the game by far. 

37 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

But there's no denying the light hearted silliness took over WF long ago already. Cosmetics, frames, events, some story elements, etc.

Aye. I think the absolute ham that some of the bosses bring belongs on that list as well. Looking at you, Vay Hek.

I don't know if the game's ever been serious. (And I'm talking about the game as a whole here, not individual quests or moments.) The main story has progressively gotten more serious, sure, but it's always balanced out by stuff like Kela throwing a beach party due to a gas leak.

54 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Aye. I think the absolute ham that some of the bosses bring belongs on that list as well. Looking at you, Vay Hek.

I don't know if the game's ever been serious. (And I'm talking about the game as a whole here, not individual quests or moments.) The main story has progressively gotten more serious, sure, but it's always balanced out by stuff like Kela throwing a beach party due to a gas leak.

The game was far more serious in tone back during the early days, but it's been like 5 years since we've seen legitimately serious content.

Archived