Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am confused about Yareli and the overall art & story direction of the game [Spoilers for Second Dream and Sevagoth questline]

Nadameru

1 minute ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

In any case, the current tone of the game is such that Yareli won't be raising many eyebrows.

Has been ever since Limbo released, we have a Warframe that you can play meme songs on, for Christ's sake.

On 2021-06-01 at 4:38 AM, chofranc said:

the cringe idle animations that they gave to her

you can and have always been able to change idle animations, don't like it change it ! (the umbra animations everyone can get free!)

On 2021-06-01 at 4:14 AM, Nadameru said:

It's very similar to Dr.Who storytelling. Too much visceral cute/sexy designs, too much appeal to human emotion

I wouldn't compare Dr.Who to Warframe, that show had BAD writing on top of bad ideas, pandering to minorities could have passed if they got the first two right. this is just a cute Warframe, after we had Grendel and Lavos who are both ugly imo, cute will be a nice change of pace!

edit:

just to add,if you don;'t like how this frame looks, mastery fodder, that's what I did with the frames I didn't like! you don't HAVE to like all frames!

also probably too late for opinions to change anything now!

Honestly , now that everyone is running around with gigantic angel wings, it's hard to take the art style as seriously as before.

But yeah it's best to accept it. There's alot of variety in this game when it comes to cosmetics and fashionframe, and if someone wants to play with a pink rhino with wings that has Wisp's ass sway animation, there's nothing to stop him from doing so.

For Yareli, you can choose to fashionframe her in a non-anime way, and you can always use different idle animations if you find those too corny. Besides I doubt a Kdrive based frame will see much use after the initial week.

10 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

But there's no denying the light hearted silliness took over WF long ago already. Cosmetics, frames, events, some story elements, etc. But at least the story and writing are still great for me, my favorite part about the game by far. 

Arguably, the silliness is somewhat constrained, too: it's mostly TennoGen that has pushed this - butteryfly wing syandanas, flight attendant Nova... and I'm getting the impression that they've been a bit stricter with enforcing art style since then. Recent TennoGen is either faction-themed or pretty gritty/sci-fi-esque.

That doesn't mean that some of that more fanciful design is coming from DE, too, lately: the Star Days ephemera basically abandoned a lot of Warframe aesthetics and Yareli is really pushing the "cuteness", too. And as much as I like Liger Inuzuka's designs, I feel some Deluxe skins are pushing the theme harder than they should.

Ultimately, none of that is destroying the feel/vibe of Warframe... yet. If these are the extremes and remain a rare occasion, it's fine. Then they're the exceptions that prove the rule, so to speak. But if they become a regular occurance or new overall art direction, then I'm actually worried: the strong art direction and atmosphere is one of the things that kept Warframe from "feeling" like a Free-to-Play game aesthetically and I think that's kind of important.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

For Yareli, you can choose to fashionframe her in a non-anime way, and you can always use different idle animations if you find those too corny.

Besides Umbra animations, another free option is just to not use any animation set whatsoever. But yeah, if your Yareli is anime, it'll be mostly your own fault.

3 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Besides Umbra animations, another free option is just to not use any animation set whatsoever. But yeah, if your Yareli is anime, it'll be mostly your own fault.

She does have built in thigh highs, but go figure.

As does Saryn. And Banshee Deluxe. And Nezha Prime has something similar going on under his boots. And Mesa Prime has some weird stockings. And Ivara Prime has a skirt. Mirage Prime also has some questionable leggings.

Never said that was a problem, I see this release as free Nezha animations anyway.

11 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

just to add,if you don;'t like how this frame looks, mastery fodder, that's what I did with the frames I didn't like! you don't HAVE to like all frames!

Or Helminth... she likes new frames.

26 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Oh... you can set this as well... nice to know.

And Ivara Prime has a skirt

Skirt... and nice bride's veil.

Le 02/06/2021 à 14:29, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu a dit :

ITT: People hating on a cute girl in a game with pixies and butterfly wings.

I don't want to sound offensive but your name and avatar are precisely what I don't want this game to be, there are billions of anime games out there, in all forms and genres, and I'm part of the consumer base for those, but it simply DOES NOT matches Warframe's theme, Titania has a thematic reason to be graceful, but a water based magical girl with anime and idol poses ? its does not match the theme, its a direct reference to contemporary pop culture that IMO should not be part of the core game.

I can understand event items and Easter eggs for fun but for that aesthetic to be pushed directly into what I consider core game/lore is not something I welcome.

3 hours ago, Attel_Malagate said:

Warframe's theme

Candy cane-wielding pirates on skateboards rescuing butt-winged lizards to buy stuffed toy animals?

idol poses

Pole dancing, on the other hand, is normal Warframe content.

your name and avatar are precisely what I don't want this game to be

Oh, I love how easily my presence unnerves.

il y a 20 minutes, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu a dit :

Candy cane-wielding pirates on skateboards rescuing butt-winged lizards to buy stuffed toy animals?

Sure, and Start Wars VI is about a happy trip to the teddy bear planet, I too can try to make unfunny inaccurate summaries of the plot.

Pole dancing, on the other hand, is normal Warframe content.

Are you referring to mirage's gymnastics from her agile animation ?

Oh, I love how easily my presence unnerves.

Well yeah trying to aggressively display your lack of taste tends to have that effect

I've always strongly felt the anime references and design direction warframe started to pick up were also going to be its downfall. The new warframe is a clear indication of design direction and it is rather worrisome. We all knew scarves and syndanas were going to be a slippery slope from being Mass Effect 3's multiplayer successor into something far less desirable.

WF been riding that razors edge, and it needs less anime reference, not more.

Lets not forget about our boy Hydroid. THE water frame. Now hes just being replaced. Unless DE has finally decided to start doing male and female counterparts for each frames 'element' or theme.

Yareli is just a whole metric ton of red flags.

28 minutes ago, Attel_Malagate said:

the plot

Didn't take long for that goalpost to move a mile. Theme ≠ Plot, mate.

Are you referring to mirage's gymnastics from her agile animation ?

No, but there's that one, too. I forgot that Warframe has multiple pole dances. Also, sexy whipping. And giggling. And posing.

Well yeah trying to aggressively display your lack of taste tends to have that effect

Man, you're triggered. I love it.

il y a 9 minutes, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu a dit :

Didn't take long for that goalpost to move a mile. Theme ≠ Plot, mate.

No, but there's that one, too. I forgot that Warframe has multiple pole dances. Also, sexy whipping. And giggling. And posing.

Man, you're triggered. I love it.

Theme and plot can be used interchangeably in that case because my point was that your where either bad or dishonest when describing it.

You still have not given me a name for that elusive "pole dancer", so I'm going to assume you pulled that one from your rear end.

Those animations are secondary details anyway, aka not their one defining trait, this is the problem with Yareli, her whole design is literally centered around being a moe anime idol , which is the core of the problem.

Warframes should stick with  forces of nature or myth/ tropes as their base, basing a frame around moe dilutes the identity of the game, its not the apocalypse, its  not the end of the game, its a step in the wrong direction as we move yet again away from the space ninja/ dark space opera and more into space battle shounen online.

That being said, "arguing" with you is sterile anyway as you apparently cannot discuss anything seriously because all you care about is irony, sarcasm and all the other irrelevant stuff that will never make for a cohesive story/lore.

Just now, Attel_Malagate said:

Theme and plot can be used interchangeably in that case because my point was that your where either bad or dishonest when describing it.

You still have not given me a name for that elusive "pole dancer", so I'm going to assume you pulled that one from your rear end.

Those animations are secondary details anyway, aka not their one defining trait, this is the problem with Yareli, her whole design is literally centered around being a moe anime idol , which is the core of the problem.

Warframes should stick with  forces of nature or myth/ tropes as their base, basing a frame around moe dilutes the identity of the game, its not the apocalypse, its  not the end of the game, its a step in the wrong direction as we move yet again away from the space ninja/ dark space opera and more into space battle shounen online.

That being said, "arguing" with you is sterile anyway as you apparently cannot discuss anything seriously because all you care about is irony, sarcasm and all the other irrelevant stuff that will never make for a cohesive story/lore.

You should have stuck to your guns back when Limbo was released, mate, he's got a top hat and few mythological tie-ins, Saryn's got heels, multiple polearm stances have had pole dancing for years... Mirage's new skin's a Jester, and Wisp's got an ass-shaking animation.

Archived