The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How are the Tenet Melee Weapons?

-SilverWolfPrime-

Question

14 answers to this question

Grigori is perhaps one of the most intriguing melees in the game. The Heavy Slide attack is worth it's own setup and the Combo Counter stopping while holstered works really well with Prim/Sec Dexterity. It most certainly works towards what they were aiming at with the balancing update: It makes you change up your play style and your weaponry.

Livia is imho better than the other two TH-Nikana, because of the high slash and again the CoCo pause, which as with the Grigori supports a versatile play style. It's good, but it is not supreme.

Exec is rather generic and kinda must be played a slash mod, since that is the only way to deal actual decent damage with it. The high Crit Rate is nice and the shockwaves are a nice gimmick. But it doesn't make the weapon go beyond above average.

The Agendus has apparently a really powerful heavy attack, but I don't know details as I haven't played it myself yet...

1 hour ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

The Heavy Slide attack

That's a thing? I haven't used this.

1 hour ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

It most certainly works towards what they were aiming at with the balancing update: It makes you change up your play style and your weaponry.

I don't have this but as Zenistar couldn't this energy disc just kill your stuffs and you can just use a Secondary/Primary? At least for some long time (depends on Combos).

3 часа назад, (PSN)c1234567890alvi сказал:

Livia is imho better than the other two TH-Nikana, because of the high slash and again the CoCo pause, which as with the Grigori supports a versatile play style. It's good, but it is not supreme.

I wouldn’t build TH Nikana in anything except pure heavy attack spam build because of very good stance(/s). So High Slash is pretty pointless (force proc on heavy attack anyway), just like gimmick with combo counter, imo.

More base damage than our God-Pennant yeah, but slightly  worse crit stats, so overall not worth it until we get new NORMAL stance IMO. 

20 hours ago, quxier said:

That's a thing? I haven't used this.

Yes.

But it's not a particular heavy attack per se. it's just that when sliding + heavy attacking, you start the "heavy combo" on the second combo immediately (if you didn't know, there's 2 heavy attacks for each and every melee weapon type). For the Grigori, in fact, it also means that if you do regular standing heavy melee attacks, it will also do the blade-launch effect on every second standing heavy attack.

The only melee weapon type in the game which can't do the slide + heavy melee to start on the second "heavy combo" is the Dual Swords category. No clue why though.

The Tenet Agendus and its Hadouken heavy is fun -- reminds me of Arca Plasmor's projectile.  However, you cannot chain it because a spinning heavy attack with the hammer (stance-based?) will slip in between firings.  Damage falloff really sucks as well, so it's best to not rely on it as a ranged weapon, but as a way to blast away everyone in front of you.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

I wonder why it couldn't just, I don't know, do it on 1st or slide attack (Telos boltace).

ps. thanks for info

Yeah I agree. Let it launch on every heavy attack would've been nice. Feels weirdly convoluted to have it only on the second (aka heavy slide). It's awkward to use. But it's a good scythe regardless.

20 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Yeah I agree. Let it launch on every heavy attack would've been nice. Feels weirdly convoluted to have it only on the second (aka heavy slide). It's awkward to use. But it's a good scythe regardless.

Even 1st heavy attacks are "slow and breaking a flow a little"*.  Things Zenistar and its floating disc is ok because you cast and forget it for some time. I'm not sure how it fits Grigori.

On other hands Warfans (Arum spinosa & Xaku's) are bad because you may want to spam it a little.

25 minutes ago, quxier said:

Even 1st heavy attacks are "slow and breaking a flow a little"*.  Things Zenistar and its floating disc is ok because you cast and forget it for some time. I'm not sure how it fits Grigori.

On other hands Warfans (Arum spinosa & Xaku's) are bad because you may want to spam it a little.

Oh its bladelaunch - powerful as it may be - is not practical whatsoever. It has such extremely slow speed.

But it's a good melee weapon with nice stats, and imo looks great. Just sucks that it ALSO has that Granum Attaché combo thing, as I semi-main Ash (which means no bueno for his Bladestorm useage).

Archived