Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About feedback: a message to the community

(PSN)Station2D-

I have visited several forums for games similar to WF, and I can say that in almost all of them I see the same phrase: "developers ignore player feedback"

Today I want to explain what really happens ...

Yes, developers do read player feedback, but at the same time they don't

What do I mean?

Developers can read your feedback, but if this feedback does not receive support from the community, that is, if it is not popular, the feedback will die in oblivion

I'm going to simplify it, you can give good feedback for the game, macro or micro, but the developers not only see that a topic is good, they also see if is popular, and this is sad because there are good topics that in the end do not have the attention of the community

This not only happens with feedback, but it also happens with things like Buffs / Nerfs, for example: Why was Khora nerfed? Because she was very popular on Steel Path

And I'm not saying that the community has the fault for the feedback not being heard, but if the community want to stop saying the phrase: "developers don't read feedback", then should support a good topic they find to get the attention of developers

My message is clear, you can create a good topic and everything, but alone you are not going to make the developers like it, must work in group, end of the statement.

So then what's the explanation for the community as a whole saying...

-Railjack energy shouldn't link with warframe energy.
-Screaming yareli needs more buffs.
-Disagreeing with invigorations. (with most saying they should at least disable them for important matchmaking missions like eidolons/orbs)
-Telling DE to loosen up on orphix venom restricting gear.

And as a side note, I've yet to see any updates for feedback for helminth changes on the trello board.

hace 21 minutos, (PSN)Station2D- dijo:

And I'm not saying that the community has the fault for the feedback not being heard, but if the community want to stop saying the phrase: "developers don't read feedback", then should support a good topic they find to get the attention of developers

Oh so thats why they kept RJ energy changes, didnt buffed Yareli into oblivion, didnt rework the entire game, didnt added a way to skip mindless grind, kept the dumb AI, took a vacation before fixing RJ... the topics werent popular.....

Also thats why they removed the universal medallion from conclave, because the entire playerbase didnt wanted to skip the bs that conclave is, give me a break.

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Station2D- said:

I'm going to simplify it, you can give good feedback for the game, macro or micro, but the developers not only see that a topic is good, they also see if is popular, and this is sad because there are good topics that in the end do not have the attention of the community

We have attention of Riven mods affecting the power of Warframe abilities, which most people disagree with and DE has specifically stated that they don't want that to be the case.

Then they nerf Xoris for a similar reason. Then make a suboptimal nerf to Khora's Whipclaw which the entire community also disagrees with, but leave Rivens affecting these abilities because... 

We have stats on Warframe abilities that are swapped out, and many of these abilities have had countless posts and videos stating that they  were bad and in need of buffs years before Helminth was even released.

We've been asking for changes to status effects like Impact, Puncture, and Magnetic being garbage, and they've gotten changes that no one wants that did not change the problem with their status effects. 

There is no explanation for good feedback that is popular receiving no attention at all other than DE either willfullly ignoring it entirely, or not reading it at all.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Station2D- said:

I have visited several forums for games similar to WF, and I can say that in almost all of them I see the same phrase: "developers ignore player feedback"

Today I want to explain what really happens ...

Yes, developers do read player feedback, but at the same time they don't

What do I mean?

Developers can read your feedback, but if this feedback does not receive support from the community, that is, if it is not popular, the feedback will die in oblivion

This not only happens with feedback, but it also happens with things like Buffs / Nerfs, for example: Why was Khora nerfed? Because she was very popular on Steel Path

My message is clear, you can create a good topic and everything, but alone you are not going to make the developers like it, must work in group, end of the statement.

... Ok...

Spoiler

... And?

54 minutes ago, (PSN)Station2D- said:

And I'm not saying that the community has the fault for the feedback not being heard, but if the community want to stop saying the phrase: "developers don't read feedback", they should support a good topic they find to get the attention of developers

100% agreed.

We managed to get their attention about the Gara glass toggle, and they implemented that.

We successfully got their attention regarding the Holokey drop rate, and now they got a workshop for that.

Oh wait...

1 hour ago, (PSN)Station2D- said:

If that is how feedback works why haven't they replied at all to the feedback about this

A thread that is now been up for a year, people still give them feedback about how bad the changes are (especially for people with light sensitivity issues, migraines etc) and we've gotten zero attention from DE about it. Players raising serious health concerns shouldn't be ignored.

You see the thing is there are de staff that do occasionally read the forums. Its just that they dont care what we think. Its obvious really. The recent dev workshop about galvanised mods and the melee nerf proved that. They had over 100 pages of people saying buff guns a different way and that these mods were just bandaids, that farming arcanes in a place you already cant kill enemies in was ridiculous but hey, NOTHING changed in their plan at all. Nothing. 100+ pages of forum post ignored. 

But yes, they did listen to a few posts, like the nerf embers world on fire one, and the change valkyrs hysteria because duration was too powerful.. sigh. But not ones where it comes to requiring actual work put in. 

22 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

They had over 100 pages of people saying buff guns a different way and that these mods were just bandaids, that farming arcanes in a place you already cant kill enemies in was ridiculous but hey, NOTHING changed in their plan at al

I want to say this is factually untrue. Not only did they change the requirements of Galv mods from Steel Path to Arbitrations, they also tweaked the arcanes to be more rewarding, you get more Acolyte spawns, etc.

Archived