Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One shot toxin killing my frames???

o1517

Question

Hi all. I am going thru a sister. Deal is she has a arca plasmor with toxin. It has one shotted any frame I have used against her. My tenent flux rifle damages her quickly, but not before she one shots me with toxin?!? Not many revives to use they are gone quick. She jumps around like crazy. I have tried 3 diff builds with anti toxin, nothing helps. any help inf. Thks

16 answers to this question

It's kind of counter-intuitive but Hildryn is actually great for negating toxin damage. If you can keep her in overhsields territory (when the shield meter goes purple). the toxin damage will not bypass her shields and modest health pool will remain unscathed.

Plus her 2 cleanses all status effects :)

Good luck Tenno!

1 hour ago, o1517 said:

PS what is assimilate build.............old noob here???

nyx has an ability called "absorb" that negates all incoming damage and stores it to use in an AoE explosion, but renders her utterly immobile and incapable of fighting whilst channelling it.

The assimilate augment reduces the absorb radius, but allows nyx to slowly walk around and fight back, basically it is an immortality ability. The only downside is that it drains 8 energy per 1000 damage absorbed (so depending on what you are up against you can lose energy pretty quick) it also drains an additional 4 energy per second to channel (2 per 1000dmg and 1/s respectively with max efficiency).

Edit: I should add that nullifiers and i think the scrambas/combas (cant remember which) can dispel the ability

Hi all. Finally got the sister with toxin weapon. Used Hildryn at the end, but, took 5  missions in the end out of  @ 20 tries.. The reason was trying to keep over-shields going. Also used a antitoxin mod and arcane resistance. Over-shields woundnt kick in when I wanted. Inaros and Rhino had limited success. Reason for Hildryn was that it seems game becomes insane as you fight sister more corpus show up, and those annoying MOA that shoot blue beam to drain your shield. I have never jumped around in game so much as this sister, trying to keep shields going. I did have weapon, tenet flux rifle and parecis did quick work when allowed to. Team members revived me in one mission 8 times plus my 6 arcane revives.

PS what is assimilate build.............old noob here???

I used Nyx to defeat my toxin arca plasmor sister, haha

Don't get me wrong, i still died a bit.
But i had:

1. a lot of distractions for my sister due to chaos
  2. i had silence infused onto nyx, this prevented the sister from aggro-ing to me when i shoot her (just had to peek around corners so she didn't directly see me)
  3. 155% strength psychic bolts let me deal damage directly to her health, ignoring shields and armour.

Even with this she would occasionally spot and delete me, but i would always manage to win in the end.

In hindsight i probably should have just used an assimilate build

12 hours ago, o1517 said:

Hi all Here's the deal.  Hildryn, various builds Nada. Inaros Nada. Rhino, limited success, Ivara would work, but cant pickup enough energy to sustain invisibilty. Going to try revenant, limbo , nidus and nehza, but most unranked and need to grind to reach mastery level 30..

Have the sequence mods finally. Am using tenet flux rifle with 57% impact,bar drops like crazy, but not fast enough. Tenet cyron with 30% heat helps.

Sister has arco plasmor with 51% toxin, her one shot wonder. I really did not pay attention when I traded for her.

Drop an energy pad at start of mission for Ivara, or slap on Preparation mod if you have it.  Mod wise all you need to do is mod for efficiency and make sure you have silenced weapons.

Hi all Here's the deal.  Hildryn, various builds Nada. Inaros Nada. Rhino, limited success, Ivara would work, but cant pickup enough energy to sustain invisibilty. Going to try revenant, limbo , nidus and nehza, but most unranked and need to grind to reach mastery level 30..

Have the sequence mods finally. Am using tenet flux rifle with 57% impact,bar drops like crazy, but not fast enough. Tenet cyron with 30% heat helps.

Sister has arco plasmor with 51% toxin, her one shot wonder. I really did not pay attention when I traded for her.

4 hours ago, o1517 said:

Hi all. I am going thru a sister. Deal is she has a arca plasmor with toxin. It has one shotted any frame I have used against her. My tenent flux rifle damages her quickly, but not before she one shots me with toxin?!? Not many revives to use they are gone quick. She jumps around like crazy. I have tried 3 diff builds with anti toxin, nothing helps. any help inf. Thks

Zephyr's Turbulence gives you immunity to all ranged attacks. Might help:-) Otherwise Revenant is full damage immunity on Mesmer Skin, or use invisible frame to cheese (try to not use radiation damage, it's proc will make sister attack her allies and probably shoot you by accident) 

Archived