Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unbreakable Breakable Glass

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

Found a glitch in the Matrix

So there's plenty of levels with bulletproof glass, windows you cannot shoot through.

Well then I equipped punch thru on my weapon, allowing me to shoot through the window.

Yet the glass does not shatter, no holes are left.

But I definitely shot through it.....

some days you get so used to how illogical Warframe is that you get mind blown when you suddenly notice how "off" things are.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

some days you get so used to how illogical Warframe is that you get mind blown when you suddenly notice how "off" things are.

The fireball throwing, bubble-making, totally invisible, gravity defying etc. etc. qualities don't strike you as 'illogical'?

It is perfectly logical that the glass doesn't break. It isn't real glass. It is a barrier between zones... it is also perfectly logical that you are able to bypass it with magic punchthrough. What is illogical is transposing real-life scenario expectations into a game that is so absolutely riddled with unrealistic qualities. 

Next we'll start seeing threads complaining that our operators have nowhere to poop.

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

The fireball throwing, bubble-making, totally invisible, gravity defying etc. etc. qualities don't strike you as 'illogical'?

It is perfectly logical that the glass doesn't break. It isn't real glass. It is a barrier between zones... it is also perfectly logical that you are able to bypass it with magic punchthrough. What is illogical is transposing real-life scenario expectations into a game that is so absolutely riddled with unrealistic qualities. 

Next we'll start seeing threads complaining that our operators have nowhere to poop.

You raise a good point

I should stop Expecting the game to have anything Remotely like reality. There shouldn't be things like gravity, or momentum, and walls shouldn't stop us from moving through them -that's all RL stuff it has no place in a game like this!

I see people use this same bull argument about science fiction, they say "its fiction". Well they're forgetting that the other half of science fiction is "science". If there's no base connection to reality, then the experience loses meaning.

4 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Well then I equipped punch thru on my weapon, allowing me to shoot through the window.

Punch Through also allows you to shoot through walls. Should we make all walls breakable as well?

2 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I see people use this same bull argument about science fiction, they say "its fiction". Well they're forgetting that the other half of science fiction is "science". If there's no base connection to reality, then the experience loses meaning.

Suspension of Disbelief is a thing, use it. If not, we might as well start talking about how illogical the one-size-fits-all Pistol ammo is.

9 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Punch Through also allows you to shoot through walls. Should we make all walls breakable as well?

They already are "breakable".

When you shoot walls, a bullet hole graphic appears on them showing where the bullet has broken through.

Glass should have a similar effect added, perhaps a crackly spiderweb effect instead of a molten hole.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

They already are "breakable".

When you shoot walls, a bullet hole graphic appears on them showing where the bullet has broken through.

Glass should have a similar effect added, perhaps a crackly spiderweb effect instead of a molten hole.

So what you're asking is not for the glass to literally break, merely for "broken_glass.png" to be put on PT'd glass, huh? If so, I imagine everyone in this thread have misunderstood what you're asking for.

25 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

So what you're asking is not for the glass to literally break, merely for "broken_glass.png" to be put on PT'd glass, huh? If so, I imagine everyone in this thread have misunderstood what you're asking for.

In a videogame nothing is literal, because literally nothing exists.

The can implement as a simple graphic .png effect as you describe, or have full on particle physics with the glass turning into polygons that fall to the floor.

Whatever method, my point is that the glass should not look Pristine after shooting through it. Just as walls don't either. it just feels like an Oversight to me that DE has an Indicator for one but not the other.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

A lot of walls, but not all of them.  And some weapons leave no marks on any walls, even when they're penetrating them.

But I agree it would be nice if bullets left marks on glass, especially if it's a relatively easy thing to fix.

18 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Who’s says they poop or even eat? 

I mean we can have science fiction and still have glass breaking and walls crumbling. It’s not that illogical of a concept. However this game is over a decade old and has it limitations of what it can and can’t do. Destructive environments is way to complicated and advanced for this ancient gaming engine. 

On 2021-08-30 at 7:02 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Found a glitch in the Matrix

So there's plenty of levels with bulletproof glass, windows you cannot shoot through.

But I definitely shot through it.....

It’s kind of funny, yeah 😋.

I recently realised that, even though I’m in transit from planet to planet, the loading screen shows me flying through clouds.

I leave my orbiter, which is in space, and then the approach cutscene shows me flying (from space) into the asteroid/planet/ship. Yet between the two are clouds

On 2021-08-30 at 4:07 AM, Leqesai said:

My go to is always healing. Picking up up health packs, red jello, or having someone chant and waggle their hands in the air to immediately heal yourself from a grave injury as opposed to needing to spend days or weeks lying around in bed.

So obviously Contra is more realistic. One hit deaths.

3 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

My go to is always healing. Picking up up health packs, red jello, or having someone chant and waggle their hands in the air to immediately heal yourself from a grave injury as opposed to needing to spend days or weeks lying around in bed.

So obviously Contra is more realistic. One hit deaths.

Great comment. Funny thing i was just watching a contra lets play earlier today!

Archived