Jump to content

Embers sudden burst in energy expenditure


Camberwell
 Share

Recommended Posts

Good day all,

As we all know ember suddenly burns energy when immolation reaches 90%, personally I think this is a little bit odd, I mean really she's not doing anything more than when her immolation was at 89%

So I think to justify this massive energy expenditure I think that at 90% immolation she should start to radiate heat in an aura around her, this at least gives me some incentive to keep her at this level and not just press 3 to stop the energy drain

thanks for your time

Martin

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading first and posting after shoud be a common thing... but its clearly not.

 

Anyway, ignoring the trolls, her skill 2 could indeed do some fire damage (I really miss world on fire :x) around her when at 90%... 1% damage reduction with a huge drain is totally not worth it.

Edited by DarkSkysz
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

really it might as well be setup differently so that it's a gradual thing across the 'Bar' instead of a Boolean at the end of it. as that's just silly anyways.
it would be like if Garuda gained double Damage at 2 Health but nothing before that. it just doesn't feel good in comparison to a trend across the Bar.

 

just add Accelerant back! :D
a gradual strength radiating around based on the Bar, or something. hell, even Range too.  so like, the higher the Bar is, the wider Range and higher Multiplier of Accelerant radiates around Ember. throw in some "i am literally Fire" PFX of Fire bursting out of Ember and you have something that looks good too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, taiiat said:

really it might as well be setup differently so that it's a gradual thing across the 'Bar' instead of a Boolean at the end of it. as that's just silly anyways.
it would be like if Garuda gained double Damage at 2 Health but nothing before that. it just doesn't feel good in comparison to a trend across the Bar.

 

just add Accelerant back! :D
a gradual strength radiating around based on the Bar, or something. hell, even Range too.  so like, the higher the Bar is, the wider Range and higher Multiplier of Accelerant radiates around Ember. throw in some "i am literally Fire" PFX of Fire bursting out of Ember and you have something that looks good too.

Interesting. I kind of like the way shes setup though. I think a closer comparison of how the op is asking for Ember to be is Garuda gaining damage as she loses health, but when she hits 2 health she also gains something else like spikes starts flying around her and deal heavy damage to nearby enemies.

So you gain something as you go, and then you gain a whole lot for taking the ultimate risk! Its pretty unique, sort of final form kind of thing know?

 

That accelerant idea though, i still like. Like maybe it sort of maintains a small range until immolation maxes out, once it does it gains like 3 times the range or something. Sounds hot

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

An idea I had when her rework was originally launched was to make it a relevant trade-off. Rather than the meter hitting 100 and immediately tanking your energy economy, I had the idea to make it two bars. The first works as it does now, but rather than drain energy off-the-bat upon hitting 100, it starts filling a second bar over time.

That bar gives a power strength boost relative to how long you stay in overheat, with a gradual incline on the energy burn. That way, there's value in maintaining the bar, and some player agency in terms of how much power they are willing to squeeze out.

Overall, I just want damage frames to be stronger outside of their 'press 4 to auto-wipe cell' options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Camberwell said:

I mean really she's not doing anything more than when her immolation was at 89%

Technically, she is. At full charge she's able to fully strip armour with her 3, which is actually quite significant. Even 1% armour, depending on the enemy type and level, will leave enough armour to still give over 90% damage reduction.

However...

I think the point of the thread is a little... counter to the meaning of the high energy drain. The point of the high energy drain is to make the player not stay at full charge. So the question is... why would they change it to reward the player for being at full charge, when it's a design specifically to penalise you for doing that?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Technically, she is. At full charge she's able to fully strip armour with her 3, which is actually quite significant. Even 1% armour, depending on the enemy type and level, will leave enough armour to still give over 90% damage reduction.

However...

I think the point of the thread is a little... counter to the meaning of the high energy drain. The point of the high energy drain is to make the player not stay at full charge. So the question is... why would they change it to reward the player for being at full charge, when it's a design specifically to penalise you for doing that?

Well said.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...