Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General dedicated heavy attack button needed

iHeuksal

Have you ever wondered why your heavy attack is not executing as you like after an air jump, slide, flow, whatever? Oh yeah, right, because you have automatically switched off your melee right to your primary/secondary in that process due to aiming while in mid air!

People will say "EqUiP YoUR MeLeE InStEaD, duH!"

It would be just a relief, if we could charge (glaives) or heavy attack (literally any other weapon) right away without firstly quick attacking and than using the alt-fire button afterwards.

Just give us the charge/heavy attack button binding already! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Blocking used to be mapped to the ADS button, which allowed blocking while aim-gliding to keep your melee weapon equipped, but DE went backwards on player control and dumbed down the game mechanics, because apparently there are too many players who couldn't get a grasp of the simple game mechanic.

15 hours ago, iHeuksal said:

Just give us the charge/heavy attack button binding already! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Is it already possible (bind keys for heavy attack? I think I have mouse roll up for heavy attack AND mouse middle click for alternate gun fire.

ps. it doesn't work on quick-melee is another issue

5 hours ago, quxier said:

Is it already possible (bind keys for heavy attack? I think I have mouse roll up for heavy attack AND mouse middle click for alternate gun fire.

ps. it doesn't work on quick-melee is another issue

I meant a dedicated one, without pre-triggering melee via quick melee first before being able to heavy/charge-attack. The current binding acts as redirected cloned string, you still have to switch to your melee via quick melee (or equipping it) to perform a heavy/charge-attack, thus it's not the same what I was asking for.

I honestly was [somewhat] surprised, that DE didn't have it set to heavy attacks being an action that could be done without the melee weapon needing to be the weapon you had out.

Heavy attacks, other than for specific melees that function better as it, were clearly an alternative to combos for people that mainly use ranged damage and weren't going to use melee other than in specific situations.

3 hours ago, iHeuksal said:

I meant a dedicated one, without pre-triggering melee via quick melee first before being able to heavy/charge-attack. The current binding acts as redirected cloned string, you still have to switch to your melee via quick melee (or equipping it) to perform a heavy/charge-attack, thus it's not the same what I was asking for.

That's the problem with how game detects key presses and process them into some action not bindings. That's my point. They should just let Heavy-attack be available every time like quick melee. They don't need another key binding for another key. We don't need heavy-attack-key and heavy-attack-key-while-melee-equipped.

3 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

I honestly was [somewhat] surprised, that DE didn't have it set to heavy attacks being an action that could be done without the melee weapon needing to be the weapon you had out.

Heavy attacks, other than for specific melees that function better as it, were clearly an alternative to combos for people that mainly use ranged damage and weren't going to use melee other than in specific situations.

I think DE hoped that the melee rework would lead to players using combo and heavy attacks, not combo or heavy attacks.  That might be one reason why we don't have a quick melee heavy attack from aiming.

38 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I think DE hoped that the melee rework would lead to players using combo and heavy attacks, not combo or heavy attacks.  That might be one reason why we don't have a quick melee heavy attack from aiming.

Probably. Sadly they stopped midway in development of "devil mode" (or however it was called).

Glaives now can throw from "offhand", as it were, by holding the melee button down. That might be the best way to implement this, given limited inputs on controllers. (I believe old charge attacks did this too, but had issues with attack speeds. With attack speeds nerfed a bit and wind-up times on heavy attacks being a thing, maybe that isn't as big of an issue?)

Agreed.

Separate button for Melee Heavy Attack, which pulls out the melee weapon if it isn't already out and then immediately uses the heavy attack.

Separate button for Gun Alt Fire, which pulls out the gun if it isn't already out and then immediately uses the alt fire.

They should also let us hold the regular melee button to attack continuously, instead of causing injury to players by forcing them to mash the key repeatedly, or otherwise forcing players to use auto-fire macros.

On 2021-09-10 at 6:35 PM, SteveCutler said:

Separate button for Gun Alt Fire, which pulls out the gun if it isn't already out and then immediately uses the alt fire.

^^ This is what I really care about. I'm very fond of guns with alt-fires, and the current situation can be very annoying and inconvenient at times.

Archived