Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno = Assassins Creed?

(PSN)Reaper330011

Am I the only one who thinks that the Parazon on warframes are copied from the Hidden Blade in assassins creed? It’s the same thing, same use, for mercies (or assassinations in ac) Kuva lich/sister finishers, and it’s a retractable hand blade. Parazon-Warframe-Guide.jpgPRZ-1.pngparazon3e77a50a7dbc87784df84de01a40a06b.jpghidden blade

Am I really the only one who sees the similarity?

They are both attached to our hands/wrists, 

They are both retractable blades coming out of a gauntlet,

They are always used for special finishers (When you kill the templars in Assassins Creed you use a hidden blade, for Kuva liches or mercies you use parazon)

Am I wrong?

Could be inspired, definitely. Game designers are often pulling ideas from each other and refining them to fit their own game; a cool way to store a weapon on a person’s being would be pretty shareable, since there’s not a lot that’s unique that’s attached to the idea of a hidden blade on the forearm

edit: Last I checked, Altair wasn’t using his hidden blade to hack a computer, though 😋

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Could be inspired, definitely. Game designers are often pulling ideas from each other and refining them to fit their own game; a cool way to store a weapon on a person’s being would be pretty shareable, since there’s not a lot that’s unique that’s attached to the idea of a hidden blade on the forearm

edit: Last I checked, Altair wasn’t using his hidden blade to hack a computer, though 😋

My thoughts exactly. Even in rp games I see plenty of people using things like that. It’s iconic..

True. BUT! Assassins Creed 400 years in the future? WE’RE HACKING COMPUTERS WITH A HIDDEN BLADE! 

:O

19 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

The fact that a weapon that appears in game A appeared before, in a similar form, in game B doesn't mean that the idea of that weapon originated in game B.

True but the appearance and use are nearly EXACTLY the same.

Is that really a coincidence?

Maybe it is, but I’ll tell you that many weapons or games were inspired from that and most B GAMES are inspired from A games.

Wait is B the original game or the new game

AKA is B the assassins creed or the warframe?

41 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

True but the appearance and use are nearly EXACTLY the same.

Is that really a coincidence?

Maybe it is, but I’ll tell you that many weapons or games were inspired from that and most B GAMES are inspired from A games.

Wait is B the original game or the new game

AKA is B the assassins creed or the warframe?

In my theoretical statement, A is Warframe and B is Assassin's Creed (it doesn't imply anything else like which game is "superior" or anything like that). My point is that the idea of a hidden blade wasn't born with Assassin's Creed. AC was inspired by historical stuff so if Warframe is copying someone, it could as well be history and not AC.

Sure, AC popularized some things. It might have served as an inspiration to Warframe in this particular instance. Or maybe not. For example, there was another instance of a hidden blade in a rather popular and highly regarded movie, Taxi Driver which certainly precedes both games.

As for the coincidence part, well the similarity between WF's Parazon and the hidden blade in AC is no coincidence simply because a small blade is by necessity something small, sharp and pointy. They have to be similar one way or another.

Keep also in mind that the Parazon can also be used along with a "wire" by a warframe which we see in mercy animations.

In my opinion, the biggest inspiration for the Parazon is this:

weapon-robocop.gif

which also explains the hacking ability the Parazon has.

4 hours ago, rastaban75 said:

In my theoretical statement, A is Warframe and B is Assassin's Creed (it doesn't imply anything else like which game is "superior" or anything like that). My point is that the idea of a hidden blade wasn't born with Assassin's Creed. AC was inspired by historical stuff so if Warframe is copying someone, it could as well be history and not AC.

Sure, AC popularized some things. It might have served as an inspiration to Warframe in this particular instance. Or maybe not. For example, there was another instance of a hidden blade in a rather popular and highly regarded movie, Taxi Driver which certainly precedes both games.

As for the coincidence part, well the similarity between WF's Parazon and the hidden blade in AC is no coincidence simply because a small blade is by necessity something small, sharp and pointy. They have to be similar one way or another.

Keep also in mind that the Parazon can also be used along with a "wire" by a warframe which we see in mercy animations.

weapon-robocop.gif

The shape and positioning of the Parazon more resembles the Assassins Creed hidden blades. However, it was also pretty explicitly inspired by this, Steve posted his thought process on twitter a few times, and the Robocop spike was cited.

Things can have multiple sources of inspiration. Something taking inspiration is likewise no indicator of actual quality.

6 hours ago, rastaban75 said:

weapon-robocop.gif

Very much true.

similar to historical assassins creed hidden blade but yes you may be right, but who knows?

On 2021-09-23 at 11:32 AM, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Am I the only one

[snip]

Am I really the only one who sees the similarity?

the answer is always no.

"am i the only one who thinks lich system might be inspired nemesis system in shadow of mordor?"
no.

"am i the only one who thinks titania is very similar to the wasp from ant-man?"
no.

"am i the only one who thinks nora looks exactly like dj from the warrior?"
no.

"am i the only one who thinks DE rebecca sounds exactly like the lotus?"
no.

you're a smart guy. you already know the answer.

On 2021-09-23 at 6:35 PM, Loza03 said:

The shape and positioning of the Parazon more resembles the Assassins Creed hidden blades. However, it was also pretty explicitly inspired by this, Steve posted his thought process on twitter a few times, and the Robocop spike was cited.

Things can have multiple sources of inspiration. Something taking inspiration is likewise no indicator of actual quality.

^

Archived