Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FOUNDRY EASE OF ACCESS

RedZeroInferno

So I've had this idea jumbling around in my head for a while now, but for ease of access.. could we not add a sort of Foundry location somewhere in each of the open world area hubs?
that way we don't have to repeatedly travel back and forth between our ship and the zone hub over and over every time we have to check which materials we need for which builds? especially for the kitweapon stuff?

Like maybe add it as another option as part of the existing kitweapon tables or interactions, or maybe even add it as a whole new room where you can check what items and stuff you need for builds, without having to go all the way back to your ship or make a separate out-of-game list for things you need?

I dunno just a suggestion.

I will not be taking any "this is a stupid idea you're dumb and bad and I'm better than you" for no reason garbage. Literally just go away if you don't have anything useful to say.

4 minutes ago, RedZeroInferno said:

So I've had this idea jumbling around in my head for a while now, but for ease of access.. could we not add a sort of Foundry location somewhere in each of the open world area hubs?
that way we don't have to repeatedly travel back and forth between our ship and the zone hub over and over every time we have to check which materials we need for which builds? especially for the kitweapon stuff?

Like maybe add it as another option as part of the existing kitweapon tables or interactions, or maybe even add it as a whole new room where you can check what items and stuff you need for builds, without having to go all the way back to your ship or make a separate out-of-game list for things you need?

I will not be taking any "this is a stupid idea you're dumb and bad and I'm better than you" for no reason garbage. Literally just go away if you don't have anything useful to say.

We are asking for years to be able to use it at least from dojo
And what did we get so far?
Now back to your question

I've always wanted a foundry in dojo. Really just want all the consoles we have in orbiter to be in dojo so I can move out of my orbiter and into my dojo.

2 minutes ago, RedZeroInferno said:

In a public forum you can't really choose who replies or what they say. You're egging them on to come make comments you don't want to hear.

28 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I've always wanted a foundry in dojo. Really just want all the consoles we have in orbiter to be in dojo so I can move out of my orbiter and into my dojo.

In a public forum you can't really choose who replies or what they say. You're egging them on to come make comments you don't want to hear.

I want more foundries. 

2 hours ago, RedZeroInferno said:

You have an inventory and a search function for a reason. Learn to use them effectively.

8 hours ago, RedZeroInferno said:

Ive always wanted to Access my Foundry from within my Dojo but DE won't even give me that 😭....

8 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

I've always wanted a foundry in dojo. Really just want all the consoles we have in orbiter to be in dojo so I can move out of my orbiter and into my dojo

So it's not just me ♥️ !!!!

8 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

In a public forum you can't really choose who replies or what they say. You're egging them on to come make comments you don't want to hear

Luckily the Ignore feature works... I just wish there was a way to ignore people BEFORE they say the thing that warrants blocking them.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

You have an inventory and a search function for a reason. Learn to use them effectively.

I did.... This was still extremely tedious because unlike with a normal File Explorer... you can't have Multiple Windows up to Compare and Cross Reference the items you need.

I think it's because if you could access the foundry in hubs, you'd never need the orbiter for anything other than the Codex or the Market, which are usually not things that see everyday use by players. as nice as it would be to live in the Dojo, DE doesn't want the Orbiter to become totally useless.

personally I like the idea f having a large Dojo as a place for the Tenno to meditate, plan, and train outside of missions, but DE prefer us to be more like nomads, travelling between planets in a stealthy craft. 

On 2021-10-10 at 4:31 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I think it's because if you could access the foundry in hubs, you'd never need the orbiter for anything other than the Codex or the Market, which are usually not things that see everyday use by players. as nice as it would be to live in the Dojo, DE doesn't want the Orbiter to become totally useless.

personally I like the idea f having a large Dojo as a place for the Tenno to meditate, plan, and train outside of missions, but DE prefer us to be more like nomads, travelling between planets in a stealthy craft. 

I don't think the Orbiter could ever really become useless simply for the fact that its everything you will ever need in one room.

I usually don't start missions from a relay unless I'm taking it slow and easy and being more social in between my missions but I use my orbiter for when I really want to get things done since its equipped with everything I need without the walking distance.

• 11 months later...
2 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

This is in General discussion and would be best in a feedback section so DE will see it. I really Want this.

You don't happen to know if I can actively move this thread to a feedback section of the forums do you? I'd probably have to remake the whole thread right?

(Repost)

6 minutes ago, RedZeroInferno said:

(Repost)

Mods didn't like your repost attempt apparently and merged it back here.

I tried to accomplish this by using the app the access my foundry from my phone regardless of what I was doing in the game, but infuriatingly it doesn't allow you to be logged into the app and the game at the same time.

15 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Mods didn't like your repost attempt apparently and merged it back here.

I tried to accomplish this by using the app the access my foundry from my phone regardless of what I was doing in the game, but infuriatingly it doesn't allow you to be logged into the app and the game at the same time.

RIGHT RIGHT THAT TOO FULL STOP Why the #*!% can't we be logged in on the foundry app on our phones while staying active in game? why does it have to force log us out if we're active on the app? that doesn't make any #*!%en sense either.

like this is a serious, legitimate issue tbh, it interrupts the flow of the gameplay so #*!%en hard... having to go back and forth between orbiter and open world hub is insufferable especially if you have a S#&$ memory and have to literally repeatedly go back and forth to remember or force yourself to write down or put in squad chat or something what you need, it's ridiculous 

On 2022-10-08 at 3:41 PM, RedZeroInferno said:

like this is a serious, legitimate issue tbh, it interrupts the flow of the gameplay so #*!%en hard... having to go back and forth between orbiter and open world hub is insufferable especially if you have a S#&$ memory and have to literally repeatedly go back and forth to remember or force yourself to write down or put in squad chat or something what you need, it's ridiculous 

A compromise to consider (pretending this is a viable introduction) a foundry segment in the hubs that are limited to mining and hub specific items.  This would save the time needed to travel back and forth and perhaps building the wrong item and having to travel back and forth again to correct it... I would be down for that integration. 

Yeah I dunno, I guess DE probably is worried about possible story steps and stuff that could get buggered by taking items out there, though I guess they could add a way to gray those out if you're not in the ship.

Another alternative would be to allow more than one login at a time as long as one of them isn't actually 'playing' as the warframe phone app can already handle the foundry without even being in the actual game, but it can't typically be connected to the game while you're logged into the 'actual' game, though.

Archived