Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What you would do to make Paris unique?

TheArmchairThinker

I have to say, I like Paris for its model but it feels a bit lacking in identity, feeling little to no difference to other bows. Another thing that I find weird is how it's mentioned as a bow using magnetic field to launch arrows but for some reason it's still having string and the arrow velocity is pretty slow so I'm thinking of making it stand out a bit more.

Things I want to change :

1. Remove the string
Really, string on basically a "rail bow" is basically unneccessary.

2. Increase the arrow velocity tremendously
Looking at Wikipedia, railgun can easily exceed 3 km/s so I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to make Paris able to launch arrows at 900 m/s, giving it a feel of near hit-scan bow, suitable for those who like bows but can't aim worth jack.

3. Increased punch through
Seeing how you launch arrows at insane velocity, would make sense if Paris has increased punch through (if not infinite) compared to other bows. I'm thinking around 1.5m - 2m

I made one huge upgrade to my Paris Prime, I equipped the Paris Abra Skin, now it looks like the skin is alive with it's prisma alive look and doesn't look like doo doo anymore.

The actual bow seems fine, punch through on mine of 3.0, 112.5% CC, 4.4% CM, MS 3.0 and with Viral, Heat, Slash, Puncture and Impact with a total damage output of 12,474.5 goes well in Steel Path. 

The string on mine is barely visible with my colour scheme. :P

The write up before you equip it states it's better than the normal Paris, yeah awesome write up. :facepalm:

Yeah a lot of stuff in this game needs a rework according to some but where do you start. UeTBSft.gif

Is this about Paris or Paris Prime ?

If it's the Former then you're Right.... If it's the latter... Then you're Half Right....

Paris Prime I think is one of the most underrated Weapons in the game and I believe it has something to do with the fact that it's one of the Prime's that never get vaulted like Braton, Burston, Orthos, Bronco and Lex Prime.... As you can imagine that's not exactly a list of Amazing Weapons... I mean yesterday I literally Sold Every Single part of these Weapons for Ducats... Every single one.... They never get vaulted so there's no point in Hoarding them.

But Paris Prime actually is Good.... Not Counting the Lenze and Bramma... Paris Prime has the second Highest Base Damage out of all the Bows (the highest being The Daikyu).... And:

21 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

3. Increased punch through
Seeing how you launch arrows at insane velocity, would make sense if Paris has increased punch through (if not infinite) compared to other bows. I'm thinking around 1.5m - 2m

Paris Prime Actually has 3 Meters of innate Punch Through.... Just like The Daikyu.... Which is important for those of us who play Maggy 😝...

And unlike The Daikyu which only fires in a Full Charge... You can still Quick Shot Paris Prime for exactly Half The Damage of a Full Charge... Not to mention that it charges up Faster than The Daikyu anyway 😝....

Naturally Paris might feel alil too similar to the Daikyu... But if you want to Jack Up it's uniqueness factor then Try This.

Bhisaj-BalMod.png

45 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

magnetic field to launch arrows but for some reason it's still having string

Have you never thought that it uses Magnetic field in its Limbs?   Instead of bending tension.    Magnets serve as a spring.

You can even build one if you really want. 

9 minutes ago, x_xGamerx_x said:

Thats what rivens are for. 

The Paris is unique as its the only bow that can heal its owner, without equipping a niknana or anything.

Still though... Since DE is hell bent on making Enemies Immunte to everything including simple damage (see invulnerability Phases) is it worth giving up my Arcane Grace ? 🤔

F@_#$ It... Let's Try it 😎 !!!

I shouldn't have sold my Paris Riven 😭 !!!

Paris works ok as it is, but I wouldn't mind seeing a true rapid fire bow. IIRC there's an Arabic archery technique that lets you shoot three arrows very quickly, so a bow that could do this would certainly feel different.

also IIRC there was a concept art for a Sentient Bow a while back, so we'll see what twist the Tau Brigade add to the classic weapon.

32 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I use that mod as well, great for having max zoom bonus and still being able to see up close. (Tri-Hunt if you use a sniper)

Exactly... I consider it to be Top 3 in the Exilus Mod Tier List... If such a thing existed 😝 !!!

24 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Paris works ok as it is, but I wouldn't mind seeing a true rapid fire bow. IIRC there's an Arabic archery technique that lets you shoot three arrows very quickly, so a bow that could do this would certainly feel different

Isn't that what the Rakta Cernos (Wiki doesn't show the charge rate) does ? Or is it held back by it's Reload Speed ? 😱

You can also Try the Cernos Prime if you want a bow with Innate Multishot Built into it.... But this isn't the same thing as Firing Three Consecutive Arrows like you wanted 😭 !!!

Edit:

I was wrong... Wiki does show Charge Rate... 😝 It's 3 Times Faster than the Daikyu... Twice as Fast as Paris Prime...

At the very beginning when I was a wee Tenno , the Paris was one of my firat prime weapons.

And purely based on its appearance I thought it had some sort of shield that would absorb incoming damage. 

So what I would like is for the bows to have a kinetic shield , that absorbs damage in a cone like melee and depending on the bow turns it into something else like damage or crit.

6 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

At the very beginning when I was a wee Tenno , the Paris was one of my firat prime weapons.

And purely based on its appearance I thought it had some sort of shield that would absorb incoming damage. 

So what I would like is for the bows to have a kinetic shield , that absorbs damage in a cone like melee and depending on the bow turns it into something else like damage or crit.

Good idea, especially since bows are pretty handicapped being bows rather than being advanced machines rapid firing multiple projectiles in seconds.

On 2021-10-23 at 5:57 PM, x_xGamerx_x said:

Thats what rivens are for. 

The Paris is unique as its the only bow that can heal its owner, without equipping a niknana or anything.

Only the prime though, not available for normal variant and not an innate uniqueness. I want a bit of innate uniqueness for Paris that isn't power creep so I set my choice on higher arrow velocity.

Archived