Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus railjack is horrible, a complete failure

MistressMoonpaw

There i said it. And heres my (incomplete) list of why it just sucks.

-Its nothing like what was shown in earlier trailers and promos. Theres no interaction (necessary) between the ship crew and the boarding party. As soon as you enter the ship the railjack part of corpus railjack is just over. In fact, railjack doesnt even matter in corpus railjack. You spend a good 1-2 minutes doing the same and boring objectives in your ship. Destroy some security nodes, down one crewship. Whoop di doo. Then its into the corpus ship and railjack is over. Now its just regular warframe.

-The damage is imbalanced. The enemies do way too much damage compared to their level, especially on high levels. Just feels unnatural when a lvl 40 enemy has the same dmg output as a lvl 120-140

-Its boring. Like seriously, its basically no different than regular corpus missions because of the miniscule railjack part

-The newest corpus defense tileset is horrendous. Enemies take too long to spawn and come into shooting range. Too many damn walls not allowing you to shoot them from a distance because theres always a wall, EVERYHWERE. No open area whatsoever

-Its still buggy as heck, especially if you do endless fissure missions on it. ((Stay in your necramech when the 5 minute/wave mark comes around. See what happens, quit the game out of rage, happens 100% of the time))

You somehow took the idea of spaceship combat, reduced it to as little as possible, didnt give a crap about any of the early design ideas, and then made it plain corpus missions with some added grind sprinkled on top.

And dont even get me started on necramechs not being able to be deployed on ALL missions, railjack or not. It obviously works on, so just add it as a core feature to ALL of warframe, not just to railjack that no one really wants to play

To be fair, they did have a semi-interesting Corpus RJ experience in the initial days where you would take down fighters and crewships and security nodes before entering the ship and doing the standard ground mission.

But everyone (rightly) pointed out that it was a dull and tedious waste of time just to get to the ground mission where the action (and loot) happened. So DE changed it to make the RJ part as pointless as possible.

The old corpus RJ fights were good, and it was only the ground mission part that sucked hard. If they wanted to fix it, they should have dealt with that and made the whole experience more like the grineer RJ. But they couldn't change the ground mission - I think because of the Orphix ones, so that had to stay. Crazy as it sounds they couldn't have changed Orphix nodes to something separate that you did (with a key perhaps, or just unlock like the Alad V and Jordan Golem nodes) without bothering to go through the RJ at all. then the corpus RJ could have been fixed properly and made fun without any 20 minute defence mission for a small drop chance of an Ash part, or a 20 minute survival for an Ambassador BP.

Its a shame becasue the tiles and crewships were well done, and now they're irrelevant.

(and mechs should never have been put in normal mission tiles, left to open worlds they're OK, but as soon as they allowed them to appear in the same maps but after a RJ taxi, its just made things a mess)

Got to be honest, I kind of agree with the OP.

I tried to do some railjack today, having been seriously put off due to the changes and figured I might as well try out the corpus missions.  First I struggled to even find a full squad and then when I did it was so long winded that it was just not enjoyable, made even worse because we randomly failed the mission for no obvious reason.... I just 'love' wasting my time in a game mode I'm not enjoying... so I've basically decided I can't be bothered getting sevagoth via railjack and might just trade stuff and buy it with plat instead.

I didn't mind the first version of railjack, I didn't mind it's rework which essentially made tether the meta (although that needed 'fixing') but the 'current' version just isn't enjoyable to play and a lot of it stems from to the changes to things like energy and the need to use both forma and endo to 'max out' the ship, something I'd already done with the non endo based system...  

yea RJ enemies are kinda harder, if you played very first update of RJ then those were almost like steel path enemies. so current ones are less stronger comparably.

the RJ demo  where it showed tenno from RJ and tenno inside ship can do different task to help each other.. Yea that only sound good on paper or to look at, in real gameplay, RJ player would be busy doing something else meanwhile players inside ship would be waiting for that RJ idiot to complete some objective. so there are such issues to be addressed as well. also most people prefer going SOLO to avoid such BS, so they have to design the mission in a way that solo players can complete as well. 

4 hours ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

Then its into the corpus ship and railjack is over. Now its just regular warframe.

To be fair... Regular Warframe is awesome 👍 !!!

-The damage is imbalanced. The enemies do way too much damage compared to their level, especially on high levels. Just feels unnatural when a lvl 40 enemy has the same dmg output as a lvl 120-140

The damage Actually is consistent... The Corpus Enemies in Railjack are the exact same ones as the Enemies that came with The Deadlock Protocol.... And we have always known that those specific Sub Category of The Corpus Faction deal massive damage.... Naturally since they moved them to Railjack then they deal Massive Damage there too.... 

I think the Worst one is the Chidori Lightning Blade Osprey:

1743111.jpg

Yeah... Sorry I never got a chance to see it's actuall name when it was killing me...😁

-Its still buggy as heck, especially if you do endless fissure missions on it. ((Stay in your necramech when the 5 minute/wave mark comes around. See what happens, quit the game out of rage, happens 100% of the time))

Yeah Railjack in general is even bigger than ESO which says alot because ESO is pretty damn Buggy.

And dont even get me started on necramechs not being able to be deployed on ALL missions, railjack or not. It obviously works on, so just add it as a core feature to ALL of warframe, not just to railjack that no one really wants to play

Do you really want to see a bunch of players Arquebexing everything in regular missions 🤔 ?

Honestly I think the Mechs are pretty boring.... They are not self sufficient... They pretty much only have one gimmick and they have a Stamina bar for some reason....

The fact that DE is going to force these things on us in The New War honestly is very upsetting.

I kinda have to disagree with OP. I do think corpus RJ needs some love, definitely, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's terrible or anything. I like it! I do wish it was more like the Volatile missions tho, where the RJ parts and the ground mission parts are somewhat loosely interconnected.

14 hours ago, LSG501 said:

so I've basically decided I can't be bothered getting sevagoth via railjack and might just trade stuff and buy it with plat instead.

Get it from Grineer void storm missions. While the base Railjack balance has still been completely shat on by the energy changes (because DE want everybody to use Lavos for some reason), you can at least still multitask in Grineer railjack. One person in the pilot seat, one person in the wave motion cannon, two people boarding the objectives. All happening simultaneously. And since it's not Corpus and all the ridiculous gimmick crap that goes along with it, you don't ever encounter enemies that have a completely inexplicable 99.9% damage resistance.

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

Get it from Grineer void storm missions. While the base Railjack balance has still been completely shat on by the energy changes (because DE want everybody to use Lavos for some reason), you can at least still multitask in Grineer railjack. One person in the pilot seat, one person in the wave motion cannon, two people boarding the objectives. All happening simultaneously. And since it's not Corpus and all the ridiculous gimmick crap that goes along with it, you don't ever encounter enemies that have a completely inexplicable 99.9% damage resistance.

Thanks, might give it a go if I can find anyone else playing railjack..... was a bit of a struggle to find squads yesterday.

Personally I like it a lot, because it feels like archwing content is finally integrated with the base game meaningfully. Heck there's even stuff you do on the leadup to the normal mission stuff like capture mission type sub objectives and a bit of mobile defense while cy sets up his hacks. I do wish there was a bit more variety in the stuff that you do leading into it though, and perhaps a bit more back and forth once you get there.

• 3 months later...

the weird thing with warframe is that it forces completely different videogame mechanics in a different genre, people come here for 3rd person rpg shooter, but they are forced to do things  like railjack, the waverider, the archwing and other things that are focused on different audiences and mechanics (simulators, racing etc) and it creates a stumbling block 

I agree with the original poster.  Even though I like the RJ changes over original RJ, the missions with the old RJ were more enjoyable.  There was more fighting enemy space fighters and you could actually go out and use your AW.  

Now, fighting space fighters are mostly optional and  your RJ is mostly used just to get you to the objective in order to complete the mission.   AW is never used outside the RJ and the objectives normally require killing a cap ship and some nodes outside the objective, then you leave the RJ  and complete a mission.    The optional objectives are the most fun, but now we spend most of the mission time outside the RJ???

It seems like DE when too far trying to make RJ play more like regular maps, and ended up taking out the point of RJ.   

What happened to the "battle of Endor" style game play, where you have a team playing in space and another outside the RJ and both impacting the other.   It seems like that Operation never had the pay off that was expected.

I feel that it boils down to this:

If I wanted to play a normal star chart mission, I would be playing a normal star chart mission. This is a Railjack mission, let me use my Railjack that I spent time building up with better components and crew. Using the Railjack should be core to the experience of a Railjack mission.

On 2022-03-07 at 4:10 PM, (XBOX)Varzin said:

If I wanted to play a normal star chart mission, I would be playing a normal star chart mission. This is a Railjack mission, let me use my Railjack that I spent time building up with better components and crew. Using the Railjack should be core to the experience of a Railjack mission.

Exactly.

Yeah I really don't like how the rewards work in Railjack as well. The railjacks parts being dropped everywhere and diluting the table is appalling. The enemies there are one of a kind, but not in a good way mostly. As someone who missed getting Ash from Manics, I would really have to contend with them. Aurax Vertec, Raknoid, that palpatine shield osprey and fire and cold moa earns my ire.

Makes me wish that I have some of the weapons in this funky doom mod to use against the corpus enemies:

The way the corpus enemies and missions work deserve the "overkill" treatment

On 2022-03-07 at 5:10 PM, (XBOX)Varzin said:

On 2022-03-08 at 10:42 PM, MistressMoonpaw said:

Exactly.

Reminds me of how Capture Missions still have a Chance to Randomly turn into Extermination Missions....

DE still refuse to Acknowledge this Issue....

Archived