The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best amp combos for new War?

(PSN)Silverback73

Question

16 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

I'm guessing it's going to be more cinematic than anything. 

I think it's going to be more "Gimmicky" than Cinematic just like the Heart Of Deimos and Call Of The Tempestarii Quests were since those didn't let you use your own mech/Railjack....

I wouldn't be surprised if they shoved you into an Unfamiliar Warframe against your will just Like The Sacrifice does at the End....

Oh I really want to enjoy DE's quests but the one off Gimmicks are just Extremely Irritating....

imma say just go with the firing mode you like the best.

i don't think new war will be overly demanding -majority of players who'll play it are people who just built necramech and railjack yesterday, and to my understanding it will focus on story than challenge.

4 hours ago, MaddawgTL said:

What amp combos from Cetus and Vox Solaris agent would you recommend? I do not have access to 6 or 7 series yet, cannot get to hand. 

Since this is for the new War and not Eidolon Hunts then I guess anything will do... That being said... if you do want get into Eidolon Hunts then I believe the Cetus Meta is X-2-3 ( Any Prism + Shraksun Scaffold + Lohrin Brace)...

2 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

I'm not sure - they say the quest is not for noobs. Its debatable whether that means you have to have unlocked the top tier stuff and the quest will be easy, or whether the quest will require the top tier stuff.

Well... It seems like most of the partners are not Holding Back...they are going all in with Meta Frames, Galvanized Mods and Even Rivens ready to take on level 180 Sentients 😱 !!!

As for me...I kept it Simple...

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

You can Ignore Mirage... Il be using Ivara....  😝

1 hour ago, MaddawgTL said:

Currently using a 223 amp and it works nice but thinking of changing just do not know to what. Thinking a 143 and a 123. 123 for eidolon s and 143 for everything else. Do not have access to 6 or 7 so a bit limited.

I use a 42x.  I used a 23x for a while but I've moved away from that.  So here's how you know it doesn't really matter as long as you like it... even though a 1xx was recommended above, I prefer 4xx over it.  It has the same range and precision, but I feel like I get more damage per trigger pull (3-shot burst) in exchange for a lower overall fire rate.  Ultimately they are both perfectly adequate.  That conflict in advice is how you know it really doesn't matter all that much, so you might as well go with whatever sounds fun or interesting.  Amp parts costs were brought down in preparation for the new war to make it easier to find something you like, which wouldn't be that necessary if there was only 1 serious option.  (as far as x4x vs x2x, I am feeling pretty tempted to try out the x4x... I do like the alt fire of cedo which is kinda similar.)

10 hours ago, mkah_mvet said:

I'm guessing it's going to be more cinematic than anything.  In other words, I doubt it will matter much exactly how top tier or meta your stuff is, as long as you have it

I'm not sure - they say the quest is not for noobs. Its debatable whether that means you have to have unlocked the top tier stuff and the quest will be easy, or whether the quest will require the top tier stuff.

As for amps, my favourite is 147. The 1 is a sniper rifle, so you can shot them from very far away without worrying too much about them hurting you. The 4 is a homing-glaive that can hit multiple enemies, but mainly auto-aims. This is good if you run away to a safe distance to use your 1. And the 7 is extra critical chances, which is always nice against anything that is attacked with an amp as they all seem to have damage resistance that needs crits to hurt properly.

1 hour ago, MaddawgTL said:

What amp combos from Cetus and Vox Solaris agent would you recommend? I do not have access to 6 or 7 series yet, cannot get to hand. 

Go for cetus amps, they are as good as the ones in fortuna. For combo, look for lutesque comment with the videos, how good an amp would be depends directly on if you enjoy using it and that enjoyement it's directly related to the fire mode. Do you like rpecision? Range? Hit multiple enemies at the same time? raw power? The same thoughts you have for building a frame can be used on building amp

TL;DR: EVERY SINGLE AMP (except Mote) IS GOOD IN THE RIGHT HANDS AND IF YOU ENJOY IT.

I'm guessing it's going to be more cinematic than anything.  In other words, I doubt it will matter much exactly how top tier or meta your stuff is, as long as you have it.  Even so, when it comes to amps, I've seen so much conflicting advice that I'm convinced it does not matter, that they are all approximately equally adequate, that it depends more on preference.  I like the 3-shot burst prism.  It's accurate at long ranges and feels like adequately high damage per trigger pull.  I like the shotgun/flak style scaffold, as it balances well against my prism by being good at snap shots against closer targets.  And the only consensus about amps is that the only brace worth having is certus, though I guess I haven't even bothered challenging that assumption.

If there's one thing that's extremely important you need to understand Every Amp's Behavior so that you can tailor your own Amp exactly the way you want.... Especially when it comes to Regular gameplay...there is no Best Amp....

So.... First things first is knowing how each Amp Fires:

This YouTuber does not cover the Void Status Effect and there for missed the fact that the Tier 4 Amp Actually can deal alot of Single Target Damage if it gets stuck inside the Bullet Attractor Field....which is what the first video I posted described....

The next important thing is knowing what sort upgrades can be applied to your Amp...

Just to clear up Abit of misinformation...

Volt Shields do not increase your Amps Damage by 100% like the video claims.(they do but in this case they don't).... When it comes to Eidolons Specifically, Firing through a Volt Shield Will give your amp a 200% Critical Damage Boost.... Note that is is a Critical Damage Boost and not a Raw Damage Boost like Void Strike/Unairu Wisp.... Basically what this means is... If your Amp doesn't Crit... Then the Shields do nothing and you aren't getting any Extra Damage of Any Kind...

Hopefully now you have all the resources to make your own decision...

Regardless of which Prism and Scaffold you build... Certus Brace seems like the best one....

And once you are swimming in Resources you can play with the Anspatha Brace if you like.... Seems like it does just about Everything except Critting....

The Phahd scaffold is great to hit multiple enemies and also deals a lot of damage.

The Lega Prism doesn't deal a lot of damage, but it hits multiple enemies at the same time, great for farming requiem towers and might be good for a quick swoop to clear sentient resistances.

Certus Brace on everything.

2 minutes ago, --ZeRo-- said:

We don't really know what's coming and what specific amp would be best. Best we can do is guess and use what's good already

777 is a great amp in general and I'd assume it could handle whatever TNW throws our way.
rGCuZr5F0

^ Here's an amp guide, numbers go prism-scaffold-brace, so a 777 would be klamora, propa, certus. 123 (for example) would be raplak, shraksun, lohrin.

I'm stealing this Image....

Yoink !!! 

rGCuZr5F0

This should make talking about Amps in the future less confusing...

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

And a numbers guide?

Sorry I can't help you there... 😥

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

Thoughts? 

Well... You can view Kengineer's Thoughts on the Subject:

As for what I'm planning using....

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

It's the 7-4-7 Amp... 

I chose this specific setup based on the information in the Video that I didn't know Before.... Apparently if you either use Maggy's Bubble or Proc the Void Status Effect then the Tier 4 Scaffold (Phahd Scaffold) gets some seriously huge Single Target Damage because the Disk cant Escape the bubble...

The Reason why I'm using the Khlamora Prism is because it's a Beam Weapon... It can reliably Proc Status even with just a 10% Status Chance.... Thus don't have to build for Status and can just use the Certus Brace with absolutely no down sides 😝 !!!

Should work Nicely in The New War...assuming Operator Combat is going to be a Thing there....

I also have a couple of Back Up Meta Amps just in case DE decides to ruin the experience by making this content just as demanding as Eidolons 🤨......

We don't really know what's coming and what specific amp would be best. Best we can do is guess and use what's good already

777 is a great amp in general and I'd assume it could handle whatever TNW throws our way.
rGCuZr5F0

^ Here's an amp guide, numbers go prism-scaffold-brace, so a 777 would be klamora, propa, certus. 123 (for example) would be raplak, shraksun, lohrin.

Hi, I really like Klamora prism, even on missions. This is because I like the beam weapons (such as the Phantasma) the fire rate is so high that it's pretty easy to put some status effect (with elemental damage arcanes on your Amplificator) on sentients and other faction mobs.

But there are many other prisms that you can use and I think each one is great, everything depends on what you want to do and how do you want to play (crit or status.,. , high base damage or high fire rate...)

Archived