Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank you, Tenno. Onward to 2022!

[DE]Steve

I'm on the salty side despite being an on-and-off veteran who likes the core gameplay and classic elements so returning to them is not very tedious.

Sadly, "New War" was not very war-like, wasn't it... Witnessing battles from personal point of view was interesting but you promised a world-shaking experience affecting both solo and multiplayer aspects of the game and what do we get? A few bounties which are still buggy, not spiced up with at all and not rewarding.

There's almost nothing to play around directly related to this chapter.

There's no new, interesting mechanic immediately awarded after completing the quest.

Yes, many players liked the unique missions from the quest but not all are able to fully express why - from my perspective it's a fine example of: LESS IS MORE.

Slower pace, strategic spacing, limited resources, truly threatening enemies and obstacles - many got lost along along the way of power creep and map clearing AOEs most players have access to with relatively small investment.

Not only we can't embrace the Kahl/ Veso / Teshin mission but the Drifter is currently just more awkward Operator with one gimmicky weapon. That's just disappointing.

Whatever good stuff you keep for the future, better not hold it for too long because we absolutely don't need another three months of NOTHING.

DE, we know that you know, we know - it was not your best shot considering the time you had to please the fans.

There's still a LOT to patch from previously abandoned updates - third spider fight and Dr. Robotnik fight on OV, bounties on all open fields, proper WALL RUN (Geooooof!)

Do not and I mean it, DO NOT leave us with current state of the game for too long, it will bite you HARD.

Cheers.

I'm on the salty side despite being an on-and-off veteran who likes the core gameplay and classic elements so returning to them is not very tedious.

Sadly, "New War" was not very war-like, wasn't it... Witnessing battles from personal point of view was interesting but you promised a world-shaking experience affecting both solo and multiplayer aspects of the game and what do we get? A few bounties which are still buggy, not spiced up with at all and not rewarding.

There's almost nothing to play around directly related to this chapter.

There's no new, interesting mechanic immediately awarded after completing the quest.

Yes, many players liked the unique missions from the quest but not all are able to fully express why - from my perspective it's a fine example of: LESS IS MORE.

Slower pace, strategic spacing, limited resources, truly threatening enemies and obstacles - many got lost along along the way of power creep and map clearing AOEs most players have access to with relatively small investment.

Not only we can't embrace the Kahl/ Veso / Teshin mission but the Drifter is currently just more awkward Operator with one gimmicky weapon. That's just disappointing.

Whatever good stuff you keep for the future, better not hold it for too long because we absolutely don't need another three months of NOTHING.

DE, we know that you know, we know - it was not your best shot considering the time you had to please the fans.

There's still a LOT to patch from previously abandoned updates - third spider fight and Dr. Robotnik fight on OV, bounties on all open fields, proper WALL RUN (Geooooof!)

Do not and I mean it, DO NOT leave us with current state of the game for too long, it will bite you HARD.

Cheers.

I absolutely agree. New War was short I thought it would be more impactful. You all changed things up and broke a lot of the original mechanics. You said you improved graphics for the directx11 and direct12 but what you did fix was immediately broken by this update. Honestly I am going to tell you DE, I spend loads of money in this game to support you. HERE IS A WARNING DO NOT TAKE TO LONG OF A BREAK BECAUSE IF YOU WAIT TO LONG AND THINGS DO NOT GET FIXED I MAY LEAVE THE GAME FOR AWHILE. Heck my friend can not even load the launcher without it it crashing because you all can't fix things right. What fun is a game that I can't even play with my best friend. Also responses from support tickets are non existent.

cheers.

Massive thank you to you and the whole team, Steve! I loved this quest and the experimental gameplay it brought, I really hope we will get a chance to experience those again in the near future. The ending of New War has made me excited for Warframe's future in ways I can't really describe - I can't wait to see what you and the team have in store for us in 2022!

My impression is, whoever came up with the story gave up / ran out of time after the first chapter. Summary:

• visuals very good,
  • sounds kind of ok, some dialogs aren't really on the level they used to be and some effects got refurbished,
  • very few bugs,
  • story is a gigantic letdown after the first chapter,
  • no real content after the quest = boring wait till next update.

In that sense, I thank the team for their work, but feel like their work got squandered by the poor storyline.

On 2021-12-22 at 12:25 PM, Archaeopelta said:

I really felt in my flesh and heart all the love and hard work everyone at DE has put into the game. Your passion is amazing (as is the art and sound teams) and I'm eager to step into the Tau System to kick some bad guys. Have a great holiday, you all deserve a good rest now before stepping up again!

P.S.: Just curious, might we have some new scenes next year related to TNW quest!?

Hide contents

With some from the Zariman ship maybe?? 😇

"With some from the Zariman ship maybe?? 😇"

peMxHns.jpg3Nqeisz.jpg

Spoiler

3QHN8d3.jpgvnRv7bL.jpggS86017.jpgSEtUGni.jpgJoYDru7.jpgYDBwQG4.jpggmbmFdg.jpgGxPbvNG.jpgJJo3luG.jpgFb419fx.jpgICDV6lS.jpgs0DXYGo.jpg

Spoiler

PKptsps.jpg

5vYPths.jpg

Le0MDZ3.jpg

uwedzc2.jpg

KCmA0R1.jpg

FWChluH.jpgxEmq2VK.jpg

5gLF9Er.jpg

tQ5JD4m.jpgjJMenfg.jpg

Spoiler

p26Ay7W.jpgXXjbcxm.jpgEIqctiH.jpgaHsm7Nj.png

"Art is anything you can get away with."

fZcsuM9.jpgtU76d79.pngaS8c5OX.pnggCzjWrF.jpg                               lMUxtrw.png0kS9J6g.jpgh67VoqU.jpgT96i7oi.jpg

Can't be any harder than riding a horse...

npVpnlt.jpg3a3IEDY.jpgmUWXNvs.jpgmQaNfXs.jpggPjQXQe.jpg

... in "SPACE."

Spoiler

9GJq85u.jpg

qLw9QC3.jpgg1e8MLF.jpg3iq5GoM.pngBm9FJDw.png

Too bad I can't play warframe anymore, I get stutters every 5-10 seconds, no matter how low I set the settings or resolution to, I've always run it at medium in 1080p(2018), now even If I run it at lowest settings in 640x320, the stutters are there. Sad

Thank you and everyone at DE for an amazing quest, and an amazing game. Reading about the promise made here also makes me very glad: on the gameplay side of the New War, one of the things I loved the most was the polish. Warframe's a beautiful game, and also has some incredibly solid shooting, along with the best parkour system I've ever experienced in a video game. The New War I feel used many of these core systems to incredibly good effect, with many combat encounters that flowed very well and rewarded skilful play.

When I got back to Warframe's main gameplay, what struck me the most wasn't how different it was from in the quest, but how that polished gameplay could still be seen within: there are a lot of design and balance problems that have accumulated over time, but the foundations have remained solid. Many radical changes would need to happen to get to the level of polish seen in The New War, but those changes are nonetheless possible. Warframe's always had a reputation for being a diamond in the rough, and over the recent years in particular there have been a lot of changes made to improve its world and content. If the next big objective is to make Warframe a polished game in and out of quests, I couldn't ask for a better goal. Best of luck and success with this, too!

11 hours ago, (PSN)xxav1xl6ivax said:

<snip>

Oh my goodness, what a headtrip. I haven't had consumed recreational substances in years, but I think this counts. Did you concieve all this yourself? Good work.

Spoiler

Teshin: "I-I can... see her... Tenno... why???"

(what Teshin is seeing)

PQDd5Jp.png

In regards to the comment "Wish this content stayed", may I bring specific attention to Veso? One thing I feel Warframe is lacking is a definitive "Pet Class" frame. There are a couple frames with summons and adds of various kinds, but these tend to be overshadowed by other abilities, or they're used to more easily proc their other stuff (like with Octavia).

Playing Veso felt really good. He had a varied set of pets that all had distinct mechanics, and the focus in combat was primarily on THEM and the things they brought to the fight, rather than Veso himself. 

Right now, the best I have for a pet class is Khora, but even then Venari, while she adds a lot of useful stuff to the frame, isn't the main focus of the frame. Khora is close enough to what I'm looking for that I do main her, but I feel there's definitely room for a further dedication to pets of various kinds without overlapping with her.

Overall, well done on The New War, and I can't wait to see what you all come up with next!

Archived